A8 Upgrade

Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

A8 Upgrade - 03/25/10 20:36

Hi,

i just saw the announcement about A8 and am a bit disappointed that only people who have bought/upgraded to A7 THIS MONTH get a free A8 upgrade. Wasn't it usually a few months back?

I bring this up because I finally got my A7 upgrade back in December 09 after a long time of contemplating if I should stay happy with my A6 or not. Now my fear that I may have upgraded too late is come true.

Oh well, I guess complaining never helped and you have to think of profit in this tight economy I guess.

Still I am a little bit disappointed.

Best Regards
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: A8 Upgrade - 03/25/10 20:55

Well there is alwaya a limit.

When JCL said you get it for free when you ordered it in the last 3 month, someone else who ordered it 3 month and 1 week ago will complain.

I remember when Unity got free, they said everyone who bought it after june gets a big discount for the pro version. So everyone else who bought it just before june complained that they had to pay for a version which is now for free.

You can't make it right for everyone.
Posted By: PigHunter

Re: A8 Upgrade - 03/26/10 02:02

Posted By: jcl

Re: A8 Upgrade - 03/26/10 09:59

It's clear that there must be some limit. In fact it's more than 3 months because the final release version will not come out before summer.

But there will be a discount for people who upgraded A7 rather recently and want to upgrade to A8 early. The details are not yet determined, but we'll offer a solution.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: A8 Upgrade - 03/26/10 14:46

That is VERY-much appreciated, jcl.

Jibb
© 2024 lite-C Forums