Best way to use force FeedBack?

Posted By: painkiller

Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/11/10 16:43

Hi, I want to use Force Feedback for my car game. I've tried to convert the code from the old plugin from 2001 to lite-C but the plugin crashes. Could you give me some advice of what is the best way to use Force Feedback?
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/11/10 17:40

I'm not 100% sure but I think force feedback is not supported by Windows anymore. It was for DirectX 6 or DirectX 7 only. I have not seen force feedback joysticks since years.

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/11/10 18:21

I don't mean FF joystick, but FF Steering Wheel
Posted By: jcl

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/13/10 09:03

If the plugin was written 2001, it can not support DirectX9 and won't work with A8. The A5 engine of 2001 was a DirectX7 engine.

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/13/10 16:50

So you know any other way to make use of force feedback?
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/14/10 23:02

Originally Posted By: Spirit
I'm not 100% sure but I think force feedback is not supported by Windows anymore. It was for DirectX 6 or DirectX 7 only. I have not seen force feedback joysticks since years.
I thought so too, but my brother just accidentally discovered that Minesweeper on Windows 7 makes an XBox 360 controller rumble when you click on a mine.

Jibb
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/14/10 23:07

Actually many Games support it wink

(Most racing games - like SHIFT)

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/20/10 16:35

SO there isn't any other way to do it? I have searched through internet and I've found that you can access force feedback functions using DirectInput. Any example of how I can do it?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/20/10 16:42

Sure, you can write a DirectInput DLL with Force Feedback. We have no example for such a DLL, though. But it should not be too difficult. It's also possible with a lite-C DirectInput header, without any DLL.

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/20/10 17:14

How could I write that header? I've never worked before with WinAPI, DirectX functions and such things
Posted By: flits

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/20/10 19:06

i tried something myself by using xinput with a dll from docjoey

here is a link for in lite-c
http://boxstr.net/files/6992681_f13eg/force_feedbacktest.zip
(if it give a advert just reload the page)

it only works for xbox360 controllers so you need a joypad to xbox360 emulator
http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/
(its not a virus) you need to go to xinputmenu-> latest version (now its 3.1.4.1.zip)
read the readme for how it works

for ps3 users just download montioninjoy cable and use the 360 emulator (you need a usb cable for this so its not wireless)

not to give you bad hope but i gues the forcefeedback doesnt give the right force back for your steeringwheel

this is only not the greates way so if some one can write a dll ore header that will be asome

Re: Best way to use force FeedBack? - 12/20/10 19:48

Thanks, the reason for that could be that X360 controller has only vibration, but steering wheels use also forces, so It can only be good done using DirectInput. It would be great if someone could help.
© 2024 lite-C Forums