ABT rendering and multiple views

Posted By: painkiller

ABT rendering and multiple views - 07/11/11 11:17

I have a big outdoor level made of concave meshes, added in WED via import from MDL files. After setting clip_far the level runs really fast at +100 FPS. However, when I add another view for example in order to use it for a shader or a mirror or activate PSSM shadows the frame-rate drops to approx. 20 FPS. Is there any way to use more views without loosing all those performance? I've tested with levels made of models and they don't loose all that performance with multiple views
Posted By: jcl

Re: ABT rendering and multiple views - 07/11/11 11:32

No. Rendering happens in the 3D hardware of your PC and requires a certain time for processing the mesh. This time depends on the mesh size, the speed of your hardware, and the rendering method, f.i. a shader. When you render it twice, as in 2 views, naturally you'll need twice the render time.

Other time factors such as ABT clipping and lighting do not necessarily double with two views - there are view flags to let the view know that the ABT was already processed. The PSSM shader takes advantage of this, so its multiple views render much faster than they would if they were single views.

Re: ABT rendering and multiple views - 07/11/11 11:41

ok, thanks

Re: ABT rendering and multiple views - 07/11/11 11:46

also, when I activate stencil_blur(1); when using multiple views I can't see a part of the screen:

© 2024 lite-C Forums