Splash screen

Posted By: Error014

Splash screen - 08/11/12 16:35

Hi!

I'm sure this issue has come up before, but I can't find any threads on this, so my apologies if this is something well-known.

Do we still have to show a "Acknex" or "Gamestudio" splash screen on startup?
I can't find anything on that on the "Legal Stuff"-page in the manual (but I do remember there being explicit instruction on that in the distant, A6-ish past). So normally I'd assume I don't have to do anything, but on the Order/Feature Comparision page it says:

Quote:
Logo display:
[free:] onscreen
[extra:] startup
[commercial:] startup
[pro:] optional

So that implies I do have to show something.

So which is it? I have the Commercial edition (A8).

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: TheShooter

Re: Splash screen - 08/11/12 19:22

I found this on the Gamestudiosite:

Quote:
As owner of any Gamestudio single edition you can freely publish and distribute your applications. You don't need to pay royalties, you don't need to show credits, you don't need to ask for permission. There is only one exception. It's illegal to use Gamestudio for games that propagate genocide against a certain group, race, nation or religion existing in today's real world.

Re: Splash screen - 08/11/12 19:26

Ah, thank you laugh

Still, with all the conflicting information, I think it'd be nice to hear something definite.

Additionally, it makes sense to collect the places where information regarding that is stated, so that those with outdated info can be updated. Especially since if what you just found is true, that'd be quite the plus for Gamestudio - we should shout that from the rooftops! laugh
Posted By: fogman

Re: Splash screen - 08/11/12 23:45

When you donīt have pro, the Lite-C logo is automatically shown at startup in the compiler window. Which is sufficient, according to jcl.

Re: Splash screen - 08/12/12 17:01

Thanks! But it looks like this may no longer apply: This is how my startup windows looks like (this is the .exe after Publishing)

As you can see - no logo.

So I'm still confused laugh
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Splash screen - 08/12/12 17:35

with "logo" the fist 2 lines do the job.

Some time ago we had some launchers for comercial versions with custom splashscreen. And the mentioning of AX(x = your engine) and the content of this first line are a requirement.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Splash screen - 08/13/12 07:19

that custom launcher sounds interesting - anything is better than that ugly white splash screen...
Posted By: jcl

Re: Splash screen - 08/13/12 08:34

The splash screen is not required since A7. I'll look into the exe logo problem, though.
© 2024 lite-C Forums