Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger

Posted By: Dveyee

Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger - 08/21/12 00:54

Hi, I notice that in published versions of games made in Gamestudio I get a warning message from Kaspersky Internet Security when the executable is run (see attached image).

Is there any way to get this message not to appear on published versions of games? My only concern is that end-users who also run Kaspersky security software may be suspicious of the file and not play the game.

Sincerely,
Dveyee

Description: Kaspersky Internet Security Warning Dialogue
Attached picture dialogue.png
Posted By: rayp

Re: Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger - 08/21/12 08:12

One think u could try is to pack the exe file with UPX or something similiar. Maybe the changes done by the runtime compression are enough to get rid of this fake-heur-alert.
I think this could do the trick, but this is just a guess.

Or u got a crypt-PDM.Keylogger then grin
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger - 08/21/12 08:58

I use Kaspersky internet security suite and never got that suspicious alert...
Posted By: flatron

Re: Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger - 08/21/12 15:37

i have a same problem with Kaspersky
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger - 08/21/12 17:28

Can you narrow that warning down to a certain version and edition of A7/8?
Posted By: Dveyee

Re: Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger - 08/21/12 21:09

The alert from Kaspersky seems to display on any published game made in Gamestudio-- both A7 and A8 as far as I can tell. Running the shadertest.exe for the Shader Viewer (A7.70.0 Pro) brings up this prompt as well as any projects I publish in Gamestudio using A8.

At the moment I am running A8.40.0; however, this alert has appeared in published projects from previous versions of A8 as well.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Kaspersky PDM.Keylogger - 08/22/12 08:34

When you write a program, the exe can often trigger virus warnings. This means you should check your program on websites like www.virustotal.com and contact the vendors of the virus scanners that issue a warning with your exe.

We're doing this with all exes in the Gamestudio package, but we can not do it with exes that users create, as they are compiled from the script code and thus have always different content. The engine is in the acknex.dll, not in the exe.
© 2024 lite-C Forums