OpenAL - Some bugs

Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

OpenAL - Some bugs - 08/30/13 08:37

Hey guys.
Since nobody anwsered one of my threads based on OpenAL I decided to post here since these bugs are very annoying smirk
So to bug #1:
If you use ent_playloop and change the eax effect everything works fine, but not for ent_playsound, it works 1 time and then the effect isnt attached.

Bug #2:
If you use ent_playsound the function snd_playing is not working which is very annoying.

I made a little script and 2 sounds for you guys to test:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7y5w6jo5ybgd83w

Thanks for your time.
Posted By: oliver2s

Re: OpenAL - Some bugs - 08/30/13 10:19

A8 -> Forums -> Feedback -> Bug Hunt wink

Re: OpenAL - Some bugs - 08/31/13 11:23

Nevertheless I would love to see just an awnser here so I know that these bugs will be hopefully fixed in the next 3DGS version.
Posted By: jcl

Re: OpenAL - Some bugs - 09/02/13 10:14

It's indeed possible that OAL snd_playing and EAX only work for continuous sonds, not for one-shot sounds. Thanks for the example, we'll look into that and check if we can implement it for the next update.

Re: OpenAL - Some bugs - 09/02/13 10:19

When Im home I will post 1 more bug.
Thanks for reading and taking time.
EDIT:
So the bug Im referring to is hardly to get. When Im throwing grenades in my game (or somethign else which uses ent_playsound) sometimes the sound is VERY loud for only 1 frame or so. I cant make an example for that since its not happening every time, but this behaviour is very annoying when it comes for example to footsteps in an ego-shooter and you can here your enemy behind the next door or something
© 2024 lite-C Forums