[Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0

Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

[Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0 - 08/16/14 09:06

Hello!
Today I wanted to publish my dedicated server as well. When I tried playing a bit on it, it seemed to crash on shooting, walking etc. I debugged until I found the line which causes the error:
Code:
c_trace(hit.x, to, IGNORE_ME|IGNORE_PASSABLE|SCAN_TEXTURE|IGNORE_SPRITES|USE_BOX|IGNORE_CONTENT)

I then removed the SCAN_TEXTURE flag and it worked wonderfully.
The problem is that I really need the texture name and some of the other texture properties also on the server!
Do you have any idea on why this crashes and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I should also mention that it works in non-compiled mode but crashes compiled.
Posted By: jcl

Re: [Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0 - 08/18/14 17:58

What is a "non-compiled mode"?
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: [Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0 - 08/18/14 18:44

It's the mode where you imagine how awesome your game is in your head laugh
Usually while listening to some great music and thinking about the cool trailers you could make with the music playing in their background.

Re: [Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0 - 08/18/14 19:55

I was talking about the actual publish or non-publish difference due to the standard seh/veh handler. Published version doesnt have a handler and crashes instantly.
Posted By: jcl

Re: [Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0 - 08/19/14 08:58

This is a frequent problem - there are many threads about this on the forum. Compare the folders systematically until you found what's missing or different between your two versions. Also, make your code more bug proof by doing a nonzero test with all pointers that you're using. If it happens with SCAN_TEXTURE at a certain place, it should be not too hard to find.

Re: [Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0 - 08/19/14 09:25

Hm, Folder is completely the same and I always check for null-pointers.
But thanks, gonna take a look again. ATM I dont use SCAN_TEXTURE now and getting the data different.
Posted By: Quad

Re: [Help] SCAN_TEXTURE and video_screen = 0 - 08/20/14 00:25

does it work without video_screen = 0
© 2024 lite-C Forums