startup screen pro

Posted By: Reconnoiter

startup screen pro - 04/06/15 11:58

Hi,

This probably has been asked before but I wanted to to be sure about it; with Pro you can completely hide the startup screen (the white one), right?

Can you also replace the startup screen completely with gs3d (pro) itself? (so not with another script from e.g. VisualStudio I mean)

Thank you
Posted By: DLively

Re: startup screen pro - 04/06/15 14:21

yes.

and i dont understand tongue
Posted By: sivan

Re: startup screen pro - 04/06/15 14:30

you can make a starter wdl file containing (an option at file menu / publish):

WINDOW WINSTART
{
MODE STANDARD; // always required
COMMAND "-nwnd"; // no start window
}

Re: startup screen pro - 04/07/15 10:52

Okay thanks, I still don't really understand how to replace the starter screen though. Can you show an image through the starter wdl?
Posted By: DLively

Re: startup screen pro - 04/07/15 13:54

yes, though your image files must be of particular types.Give me a couple of hours to finish up what my responsibilities and Ill give you a hand with this grin
Posted By: FBL

Re: startup screen pro - 04/07/15 16:32

http://www.conitec.net/beta/aWINSTART.htm all you need

about -nwnd command line you can read more here:
http://www.conitec.net/beta/a-black.htm
Posted By: AceX

Re: startup screen pro - 04/07/15 16:32

Maybe this is what you want grin http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=340545#comments

Re: startup screen pro - 04/07/15 18:30

@Firoball, thanks, I overlooked that one.

@DLively, that's very nice of you. If I still run into problems after playing around with the manual examples etc. I will remember that tnx.

@AceX, I already knew that one, I think that one is done by an external script though laugh (like something made with visual studio or such)

Re: startup screen pro - 04/07/15 19:54

I think this stuff hasn't changed much since A3(!!).
I remember that I was able to compile wdf Files for A5 with the A3 WDF Compiler grin

Don't know if this still works, though.
Posted By: jcl

Re: startup screen pro - 04/08/15 14:19

Yes, I believe the WDF compiler is the oldest part of the software.
Posted By: Superku

Re: startup screen pro - 10/21/15 17:35

Originally Posted By: DLively
yes, though your image files must be of particular types.

Originally Posted By: manual
Within a WINDOW definition, all images must be in PCX or BMP 8-bit, 256 color format (indexed colors, with palette). Image file names must be given in angular brackets <..> as shown in the examples.

Well... I don't get it to work. I used to be able to create my own starter files like 10 years ago and I remember having problems with images even then, but at least it worked.
Now I only get a "syntax error" from the publishing process, whenever I use images which I saved via Photoshop or MS Paint. Tried a few different palette settings, bmp and pcx, different image sizes.
I've tried taking an old indexed pcx which comes with GStudio (for example palette.pcx or inventory.pcx), that works, but when I re-save them they don't work anymore. Do I have to dig out some painting tool from last decade/ millennium?
Can someone else maybe try to create a starter file, for example with the following test image: http://superku.de/starter_sk.bmp ?

Thanks!

EDIT:
Code:
WINDOW WINSTART
{
	TITLE "Superku";
	SIZE 512,384;
	MODE STANDARD;	 // IMAGE
	BG_COLOR RGB(0,0,0);
	//FRAME FTYP1,0,0,480,320;
	//SET FONT "Arial", RGB(255,255,255);
	//TEXT "Get ready...", 0,0;
	//PICTURE <starter_sk.pcx>,OPAQUE,0,10;
	BG_PATTERN <starter_sk.bmp>,OPAQUE;
	TEXT_STDOUT "Arial",RGB(150,150,150),10,10,460,280;
	PROGRESS RGB(255,220,0), 80, 0, 300, 512, 32;
	//COMMAND "-diag -nx 200";
}

Re: startup screen pro - 10/21/15 18:00

The WDF Compiler is from A3, stick with DOS names (8.3 length, like start_sk.bmp) and it will work.

Yes, really grin

Re: startup screen pro - 10/21/15 18:13

rename attachment to .wdf (looks somewhat broken, though)

Attached File
ACKNEX.WDF.txt  (143 downloads)
Posted By: Superku

Re: startup screen pro - 10/21/15 18:20

Wow... that's actually amazing, thank you a lot! =)
Quite unfortunate that I resaved said template files by adding a "2" at the end and thus exceeded the galactic character limit of... 8.
© 2024 lite-C Forums