Android Converter?

Posted By: Evo

Android Converter? - 02/08/19 01:45

Still hoping to go mobile with my projects. How much would it cost for someone to finish the Android Converter?
Posted By: Emre

Re: Android Converter? - 02/08/19 11:26

Since acknex is directx based engine, i don't know how it can convert to android easly.

it is also not enough to convert to android. Many apis and plugins must be integrated. i am using corona sdk for 2d applications. Here are some plugins. (most important is Google in-app purchases)

Also google sometimes wants to update applications for security and similar reasons. Therefore, the engine must be constantly up-to-date so that necessary corrections/update can be made.

it is hardly realistic for me to expect an android export from this engine.

aaaaand advertisement: Here is my tarot application made with corona Feel free to use. grin
Posted By: jcl

Re: Android Converter? - 02/09/19 16:08

I must agree here. Although we had a concept of an Android version, and had already started to program it, the project is on hold since 2014.

Re: Android Converter? - 02/09/19 16:45

@jcl
What about a 2d conversion with only 2d support for standard litec instructions, panels, sprites, text, values, draw functions and sucure https (using the https dll I paid to have designed). I could have a Google in app plugin created later on once 2d conversion is done. What price would that be around if you were hired to finish just 2d android conversion? Would that be more logical and possible? You say work had started 5 years ago and some work was already done. Would a few hundred be able to get that started again? I'm a 2d developer and a 2d android converter for litec is all I need for my android projects. What guesstimate can you give at a decent price to complete that if I hired you to finish it?

Re: Android Converter? - 02/09/19 17:01

Yes, a few hundred K could possibly get it started again, even in 3D. However I believe not many millionaires would be willing to sponsor a Gamestudio Android version this generously.

Re: Android Converter? - 02/09/19 17:52

Thanks for your response. Looks like I'll have to devise a new, more innovative way to do this with the features I currently have. I'll just have to figure out a different way, with maybe a custom 3dgs editor that mimics and exports all features of Html5 Ocanvas library and converts/rewrites those specific features to create an Html5 canvas version of the editors projects, which can then be easily converted to Android apk. Not as easy, but possible. Either way, Thanks for your help and have a great day.
Posted By: 3dgamelight

Re: Android Converter? - 02/20/19 00:22

Why not use Wine to run 3DGS games on Android?
Posted By: Logitek

Re: Android Converter? - 02/20/19 08:54

I am not sure if Wine would be really a solution.

Android phones using ARM processors and not X86.

And as far as I know Wine is not an emulator, it's a translater.

But I don't know how far the development of it is.

Re: Android Converter? - 02/20/19 11:28

I have not much hope in that regard: Android is neither x86 based nor does it support DirectX.
Posted By: 3dgamelight

Re: Android Converter? - 02/20/19 14:17

But from what I know Linux also do not supports DirectX. Some Android devices are x86.
Posted By: Logitek

Re: Android Converter? - 02/20/19 15:33

Yes, some android devices are using X86, but most of it are laptops and notebooks and not phones. And it's a special version.
© 2024 lite-C Forums