Game does not launch for some people

Posted By: Superku

Game does not launch for some people - 03/30/19 11:37

Hello!
I've had a bunch of people now who couldn't start my game. Various scenarios, like the starter window not even appearing (which does though for some with "-diag" set, for whatever reason).

A common shared situation however (where the starter window shows for a second) is that their acklogs list "Mouse found" as a last point. No controller or other USB device attached.
Next thing should be the graphics card then as I start the game with -ns. Their graphics card are never listed though, so I guess the starter crashes there.
They use GeForce 1050s and 1060s so far. Steam should automatically install the DirectX June 2010 on game install.

Is there anything else (except DirectX, admin mode) I could tell them to try? Any idea why that step could fail?

Thank you.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Game does not launch for some people - 03/30/19 16:39

If a Windows library is broken so that an API call fails, it probably won't start. But I cannot say which library or at which step. We never got a PC where A8 would not start. For excluding that it's something specific to your game, you could create a small A8 app from one of the samples and send it to them. If that sample also does not start, it's really some broken library. The solution would then be a Windows repair.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Game does not launch for some people - 03/30/19 19:51

Oh, a test app is a good idea, I will give that a try.
Thank you! (Also, the Windows repair thing.)
© 2024 lite-C Forums