JCL Promised Downgrade

Posted By: TeutonicDarkness

JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/15/06 00:25

Hello,

I have A question that I feel Needs to be answered.
Since my last Thread was ignored lets try this again

A lot of us A6 users Where Promised a Downgrade
to an Early A5 version ( between 5.202 and 5.24)
For us to use Software Rendering.

Here is JCL original post:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post520867

Seeing That 6.4 has indeed went Public and
is offered on the Download page....

I think it is fair to say I have waited long enough!

May I Please have my Downgrade?

Thanks,

*** Teutonic Darkness ***
Posted By: mk_1

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/15/06 01:03

No, you may not.

Why do you want a downgrade if every pc today supports hardware acceleration?
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/15/06 06:36

I don't think it's accurate to say that every PC today supports hardware acceleration. However, I would say that it is accurate that most PCs have either no 3D card or an old one(GeForce 3 or older).
Posted By: William

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/15/06 06:52

Pick me some recently released games that don't use hardware... even FFP will be ommited a 2-3 years from now. If your planning to create educational games for really old school computers, then mabye you'll need software. But even most school computers should have some built in Intel Graphics cards by now. Though this makes me curious, what kind of a project are you creating that needs to run on ancient computers?
Posted By: jcl

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/15/06 07:55

Unrelated to the usefulness of A5.24, I indeed promised it, thus you shall get your downgrade. However the planned date was the A6.4 release as basic version, not the update. Are you in a hurry for some reason? I'm away next week, but after my return I could prepare the downgrade if you really need it urgently.

Re: Up/Down A5 Pro? - 06/16/06 00:41

Quote:

Unrelated to the usefulness of A5.24, I indeed promised it, thus you shall get your downgrade. However the planned date was the A6.4 release as basic version, not the update. Are you in a hurry for some reason? I'm away next week, but after my return I could prepare the downgrade if you really need it urgently.

Hey,

Well not that its an immediate necessity but I have waited allmost a year.
I Really Wanted A5 when I bought A6..

But I was told it wasn't an option

I have A6 Commercial and A version of A5 Extra I bought from
a Legal Software vendor. (AbraCadata)

So its not a matter of not knowing what I'm getting into.

I'm constanly having to switch between the 2 for different reasons.

Code:

* What I would like to know is if I can Upgrade to A6 Pro and
Then Downgrade back to A5 Pro; Or Could I just
outright buy A5 Pro.

If I get A5 I really want to go Full bore instead
of Commercial :)

Hey I do Apologize If I have gotten impatient a few times over
the last year.

I will be Eternally Gratefull to you if you
will do this for me

Thanks,

Posted By: nunofontoura

Re: Up/Down A5 - 06/16/06 02:33

I started that topic (1 year ago!) and I'm waiting the "downgrade" too.

@mk_1 - Copying and pasting from that post:

Quote:

I want to make games I don't need 3D video hardware. I will make game to schools and the most of them don't have 3D devices. So, the A6 is not the sowftware for me.

Although it's true that today computers supports hardware acceleration, there are a lot of costumers who doesn't have "today computers". For my experience, I can say that schools don't upgrade their computers so often.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Up/Down A5 - 06/16/06 03:27

Quote:

But even most school computers should have some built in Intel Graphics cards by now.

It wouldn't be accurate to say this, either. Most schools don't upgrade the PCs that were ancient when they received them.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/16/06 03:39

@Everyone other than Conitec...
or possibly users seeking the same downgrade as myself.

I'm not trying to be Rude but this thread was Intended for
Conitec. ( Notice the Ask Conitec ? )

It dosn't matter what you think of A5 or its worth, or for
that matter why we ( A5 software rendering fans)
would want it.

You don't See Me Going to Shader Forums and posting
about how much I don't like them?

So Please lets just stick to the relevant info here

If you want to debate A5 and its usefullnes...
please start another thread or just P.M. me

Thank you,

Posted By: PlayStefan

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/22/06 17:03

Hi, i have a question to the "promissed downgrade"...

Will there be an opportunity to use the Downgrade with my 3D GameStudio 5 Extra (would be nice ) or does it only work with an existing version of A6 (I guess because it isnīt an update )?

Please answer, because if the answer is "no" I donīt have to wait any longer because Iīm not planning to buy A6 at the moment.... otherwise I will continue waiting...

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/26/06 17:36

Quote:

Hi, i have a question to the "promissed downgrade"...

Will there be an opportunity to use the Downgrade with my 3D GameStudio 5 Extra (would be nice ) or does it only work with an existing version of A6 (I guess because it isnīt an update )?

Please answer, because if the answer is "no" I donīt have to wait any longer because Iīm not planning to buy A6 at the moment.... otherwise I will continue waiting...

So, unfortunatelly I was right... The Downgrade doesnīt work with my 3D GameStudio 5 Extra, thatīs a pity...

And you donīt want to re-offer it for A5 users, too...??? Probably, this would be unfair for the A6 users and it wouldnīt do the thing because I only have an Extra Version not Comm. or Pro...

I got it for only 10€ in a Media Store and itīs a Sybex Version (A5.05) but it did the thing... Thatīs why I donīt want to buy a version for at least 199€ for the Comm. Edition... But 5.2 would be faster than 5.05 and it even supports the parameters...

So my last question at conitec (to that topic ) is...
Will I and other A5 low Edition users have a chance to get a Update/Downgrade or whatever to version 5.2 or at least 5.1?

Please answer and I will stop asking for it then...

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/27/06 03:25

Thats a shame....
you giving up that is when the opportuniuty is here!

A5 is great couch up the Money

You get A5 and A6 if you prefer.

( I think legally you can only publish with
one or the other?)

Conitec is not going to let an older version
interfere with Sales of A6.

They Made a very wise Business decision
and at the same time kept many users happy

I will be buying A6>A5 Pro
if I have to dig out the Platnum card.

Why because for $800.
this is the collest thing that could ever happen

If only I had about 100 copies of A5 Pro I could probally
rule the World or something

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/27/06 17:35

Quote:

Of course itīs right what youīve said but Iīm only a hobby programmer or let me say a "3DGS newbie". Iīm not sure if I will ever have enough skill to do the "worlds best game" and thatīs why I donīt want to offer to much money. It was a fortunate coincidence that I have found this very cheap offer otherwise I hadnītīprobably bought it. (Hope this sentence was right )

Quote:

Conitec is not going to let an older version
interfere with Sales of A6.

As I said in my last post it would be very unfair to A6 users, if they would offer an update for A5 users, too.

Quote:

If only I had about 100 copies of A5 Pro I could probally
rule the World or something

You would rule the world!

How do you get the Downgrade, do you have A5 or A6 Comm or Pro?

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/27/06 19:45

If you own A5 you should already have the "Downgrade". The A5 version originally delivered was 5.24. Version 5.51 didn't make it on the CD and was only delivered as update.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 06/27/06 20:31

Quote:

If you own A5 you should already have the "Downgrade". The A5 version originally delivered was 5.24. Version 5.51 didn't make it on the CD and was only delivered as update.

As I said I have bought a Sybex Version from 3D GameStudio 5 Extra in a media store.
When I build a level the engine shows the Version Information A5 engine - extra release V5.05 - Feb 26 2001. So unfortunatelly itīs not A5.24, probably thatīs the reason why it was so cheap

Thatīs destiny, but thank you for answering to my post.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/12/06 16:53

Hi, Iīve noticed that you have add the Updates to 5.24 for Comm. an Pro. (I think you add it later because it wasnīt there before). Is there no update for the Extra and the Standard Version? Why? Please, tell me if there is any particular reason why you arenīt offering an Update for Standard or Extra? I would be happy if you could offer it anytime

@jcl: Please answer if possible

PS: Iīve just post this question in the "A5 Downgrade for A6 users" Thread

mfg, BiG_F

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 08:00

A5 Standard and Extra were mostly Sybex versions. You can upgrade, but not update them, because the Sybex versions don't contain update passwords.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 08:37

Ok, thank you! So I have to think about upgrading anytime.
Is it possible to upgrade a Sybex Version with a Conitec Version?

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 08:38

Yes. You can upgrade a Sybex A5 with a corresponding A6 edition, or a Sybex A6 with a higher A6 edition.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 12:04

How much would it cost to upgrade from A5 Extra (Sybex) to A6 Extra (Conitec) or A6 Comm. I would at least need Comm. because otherwise the downgrade wouldnīt work mmmhh... - Pro. is too much at the moment I think. Could I pay with bank transfer (Überweisung) because I donīt have PayPal or a Credit Card and I donīt want to give away my account information in the internet with other words is there a opportunity to buy 3D GameStudio in a normal store - Saturn e.g. only offers Sybex versions.
Posted By: ulillillia

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 12:33

I think money orders are a possibility, but I'm uncertain on that. You can also use a debit card.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 13:16

A5 Extra to A6 Extra is EUR 49. There is no upgrade from A5 Extra to A6 Commercial, so that's EUR 199.

If you live in Germany, you can just order per C.O.D. (= Nachnahme). Use the German Online Shop in that case.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 15:36

Quote:

A5 Extra to A6 Extra is EUR 49. There is no upgrade from A5 Extra to A6 Commercial, so that's EUR 199.

Ok, I donīt want to pay 200€ at the moment because as I said Iīm not a pro Iīm a beginner and I would be very angry if I would have paid 200€ and than later doesnīt come to grips with it... Sure, I could buy A6 Extra for 49€ but it wouldnīt work with the downgrade because it claims Comm. or Pro.

Quote:

A5 Standard and Extra were mostly Sybex versions. You can upgrade, but not update them, because the Sybex versions don't contain update passwords.

Thatīs not right at all. I have A5.05 Extra from Sybex and I could download the Update to 5.51/5.52 from your page by using the password as described in this Thread Technical Topics >> Frequently Asked Questions >> Benutzername und PW für A5 Update ?, thatīs why I hopped that it would work with the 5.24 Update, too.

But I think the Update for Standard and Extra doesnīt exist at all. Am I right?

PS: jcl, I donīt want to annoy you Iīm just interested and I donīt give up hope.

mfg, BiG_F

Hope dies last oder so
Posted By: ulillillia

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/13/06 16:03

I thought I saw in the price list just over two years ago that the upgrade from A5 Extra to A6 Commercial was $179 or $189. It's not that far off from the actual A6 Commercial price, but it's still a reduction. This was two years ago so things could've easily changed. The shop doesn't work with Firefox at all and I'm not taking out insecure IE just to see the prices.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 07/26/06 23:07

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, I donīt want to pay 200€ at the moment because as I said Iīm not a pro Iīm a beginner and I would be very angry if I would have paid 200€ and than later doesnīt come to grips with it... Sure, I could buy A6 Extra for 49€ but it wouldnīt work with the downgrade because it claims Comm. or Pro.

Quote:

Thatīs not right at all. I have A5.05 Extra from Sybex and I could download the Update to 5.51/5.52 from your page by using the password as described in this Thread Technical Topics >> Frequently Asked Questions >> Benutzername und PW für A5 Update ?, thatīs why I hopped that it would work with the 5.24 Update, too.

But I think the Update for Standard and Extra doesnīt exist at all. Am I right?

PS: jcl, I donīt want to annoy you Iīm just interested and I donīt give up hope.

mfg, BiG_F

Hope dies last oder so

Did you read that post Iīve quoted jcl???

PS: jcl, I donīt want to annoy you Iīm just interested so please let me know

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 08/04/06 13:46

Yes, if I remember right A5.24 updates for Standard and Extra existed at some time, but not anymore. The only A5.24 updates we've kept are for A5 Commercial and Pro.

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 08/10/06 16:52

Hi, thx for answering.

Ok, thatīs a pitty. Ok, but now I know that an update for std. and ext. doesnīt exist any more.

It is probably a stupid question but would it be illegal, if someone would offer the update, if he would have it from older times?

Re: JCL Promised Downgrade - 08/11/06 07:51

Yes, that would be illegal. But he could contact us if he wants to offer the upgrade. We'll handle that for him.
© 2024 lite-C Forums