I'm selling this models i made.

Posted By: ExtraCortex

I'm selling this models i made. - 11/26/06 20:15

If someone is interested, payment made via paypal.

100% compatible with 3DGS, MDL format, no skin, no animation.
I sell this one for 10 USD.

I sell this tire for 20 USD.

MDL format, about 22000 faces, no animation, grey skin.

If this is against this forum's rules i'm sorry, please lock this thread.

Thanks!

*USD = United States Dollar
1 USD ~ 0.77 EUR
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 07:31

err not sure but i think its not allowed to sell models of existing characters oO
and selling a normal glass for 60 USD is way too much O_O it even has too many poligons.
Posted By: 1i5a4d4m5

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 07:34

Have to agree, Wings3D is free and its a simple matter to lathe out a cup.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 08:47

The cup has wrong proportions and can be created in a minute in Lightwave, Gamespace or Wings3d.
Posted By: ello

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 09:41

are nu nuts?
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 11:23

Quote:

The cup has wrong proportions and can be created in a minute in Lightwave, Gamespace or Wings3d.

Dont forget blender Yea I think this is a joke.... If anyone is seriously concidering buying the cup tho contact me first...Ill throw one together for ya with alot less polys and even give it a generic skin for only 59.99 What a deal I can hear you all say. Buy two and Ill throw in the third for free
Posted By: firekangaroo

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 11:27

the price is very good, when i need for a room 50 little models its a little price from 3000 US Dollar, is cheap or?

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 11:28

Quote:

the price is very good, when i need for a room 50 little models its a little price from 3000 US Dollar, is cheap or?

you propably will buy one glass and just copy and paste it in your level

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 12:04

Quote:

err not sure but i think its not allowed to sell models of existing characters oO
and selling a normal glass for 60 USD is way too much O_O it even has too many poligons.

Nop, its not illegal, becuz i made it from the scratch.
I can call it any name i want, but by the law this model is just something similar to sonic the hedgehog, not the copyrighted protected models.

I can do anything i want with this models cuz i made them with my own hands.

The model has too many faces? Isnt that good? The game doesnt go slower.

New models to come soon...
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 12:10

Ummm, Acctually doesnt work that way... but not here to argue bout that. Bottom line is if you dont want to face a lawsuit then wouldnt chance selling character models with even a slight simillarity to any known characters... As for two many faces... Yes that is a bad thing. When it comes to real time the more polies the longer it takes to render... Which does mean exactally that the game goes slower. Hence why a majority of ingame models are concidered low poly. Anyways keep at the modeling sonic looks great but never the less it looks like sonic which is both good and bad in this situation I suppose.

Just wondering do you acctually beleive someone would pay 60 dollars for a glass? I mean even if it wasnt too high poly its just a glass... and chances are will only have a very tiny purpose in most games... ussually just as props for a scene ect... Dont you think 60 dollars is a little high for a prop? 150 for sonic is too high as well in my opinion... Ive seen great quality models going for the same price if not less. Check out turbosquid youll see what I mean.
Besides it is sonic and cant be used in any commercial game.

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 12:47

If somebody really needs cups and glasses then I will prepare a pack with 30-50 textured models and it will be less than 10 $ for all models in the pack.

But to be honest: I doubt that I sale lots of units then.

And by the way, our current fantasy packs have some cups and glasses (e.g. the interior fantasy pack) and even with all the other additional models the prices are lower
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 14:05

I'm glad to see someone trying to make a living at this...but...

...your 'cup' is, as mentioned, WAY overpriced. I can make one of those in about 4 minutes (including texture, uv map, and in .md7 format).

...you can't legaly sell Sonic there. Even if you made it yourself, and call it "Bonic the Small Furry Blue Mammal"...it's still Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic is a registered TRADEMARK of Sony. Probably copyrighted name. Difference; if it was just copyright they'd send you a letter to stop...with TM, you'll probably get an acutal visit from a lawyer giving you papers informing you where to be for your court appearance.

If you want to continue making models stuff to sell, I *highly* suggest reading up on copyright and trademark laws of the US, Europe, Canada, and other places you might want to sell to and advertise in.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 14:42

Lol, the title kinda suggest you are actually selling them, he he he .., mwoah I don't know about that just yet.

Cheers
Posted By: Drittz_Dourden

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 15:43

Quote:

Quote:

Nop, its not illegal, becuz i made it from the scratch.
I can call it any name i want, but by the law this model is just something similar to sonic the hedgehog, not the copyrighted protected models.

I can do anything i want with this models cuz i made them with my own hands.

The model has too many faces? Isnt that good? The game doesnt go slower.

New models to come soon...

well if thats the case and you feel secure in what your doing , then you wont care to much that i just sent sony a email with a link to this page. Take care

and by the way...anyone who wants to pay 60 bucks for a cup..ill do it for free
and yes that model of sonic is illigal...just because YOU made it doesnt mean its legal....i can draw the hulk...doesn't mean i can make my own comic based on him....and call him green angry man...its called infringing on likeness ...get a clue

Daniel

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 16:54

Ok, Bonic removed..
The cup is now 10 USD.

I sell this tire for 20 USD.

MDL format, about 22000 faces, no animation, grey skin.

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 17:01

22.000 faces XDDDDDDDD oh well, you will learn it oneday...

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 17:04

22.000 whats the problem? is it too heavy?
I tried to put about 30 models of this tire in wed and the game was running at 30fps while showing them all on the screen at the same time.

My graphic card is a Nvidia FX 5200 and my Proc. is a Pentium IV 2.7GHz...

And you only need 4 wheels!!

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 17:12

xD 22.000 is way too highpoly. when you make games, you use lowpoly. a wheel could have like 200 but not more O_o
what if you do a racing game with 20 cars, you need 80 wheels, 20 "cars", roads, trees, details, deco, humans, function that slow down too, etc. you wont have 30 fps anymore o_O

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 17:13

So how do you expect to have good models with lowpoly?

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 17:17

lowpoly models look good too if you use nice textures. if you want to create models like doom 3, you need a bit more polys (A BIT) and use shaders like normalmapping and all this stuff.
You first create a high poly model (like your wheel). then you create a normalmap (its a texture with some weird colors, just google for it) and apply it with a shader to a low poly wheel (like 200 polys). then it almost looks like the high poly one. im no friend of normalmapping though :x

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 17:26

You're talking about the recent new shaders technology? Like DirectX9 series and OpenGL?

I'm very new to programming, i learned to use computer about 4 months ago, and i only know C-Script, C++, PHP, MySQL, a bit of Javascript, Pascal, Assembly (not every kind of assembly) and Visual Basic and Visual Script.. I feel like a dumb in computers............ i hope that soon i'll know all languages.

Programming shaders looks easy to learn (they remember me maths) but now i dont have time... School first, and i'm only 17 years old.

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/27/06 17:29

yep im talking about directx "effects" (3dgs uses directx, not opengl, sadly...)

well shader have to do a lot with math and matrix and so on. if you know about it, it shouldnt be too hard to learn it

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/28/06 00:23

Quote:

I'm very new to programming, i learned to use computer about 4 months ago, and i only know C-Script, C++, PHP, MySQL, a bit of Javascript, Pascal, Assembly (not every kind of assembly) and Visual Basic and Visual Script.. I feel like a dumb in computers............ i hope that soon i'll know all languages.

Programming shaders looks easy to learn (they remember me maths) but now i dont have time... School first, and i'm only 17 years old.

Hm, you learned how to handle a computer, how to work with an operating system, 9 programming languages and 3d-modelling in 4 months? Sorry, I don't believe that. Am I the only one who thinks that you are fooling us a bit

20 thousand polygons are a good count for an entire game scene. I mean the complete visible level including all models.

I think you should learn uv-mapping, texture painting and analyze a few game scenes from existing games like FarCry, Doom3 or whatever game comes with an editor.
Posted By: firekangaroo

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/28/06 00:32

I have learned PHP in 2 Days, but i have learn 8-10 Hours per Day. C-Script and C++ is a other thing, but i donīt belive that, but when you story is true you are not so good in programming. Peopels work with C/++ and are after 1 Year not good enough ...

And 22.000 Polys pff that not much ....
Posted By: Lion_Ts

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 11/29/06 03:59

ExtraCortex, make package from 10-20 tires. Reduce polycount to 1000 (200 or less even better for simple tire, i saw 6sided tires in many good commercial games). Provide different textures for each tire (bumpmap texture are welcome too).
Well, after that $10-15 is a reasonable price. At the end: you can open small web store with tire packs (for different cars). That's a point, i think.
Posted By: runechieftan

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/01/06 09:12

omfg

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/01/06 19:29

What is "omfg". Should I answer with "rumflop cuttipop"? Are words so expensive today that we have to replace them with single letters? He even not wasted a single space between the letters.

What purpose has a language that nobody or only insiders understand? Are you an elite person or a secret agent?
Posted By: Meerkat

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/01/06 21:05

Quote:

What is "omfg"...

Omfg = Oh my fu_k_ng God!

In german: Ach du heilige Scheisse!

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/01/06 21:30

Thanks Meerkat.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/01/06 22:35

Quote:

Hm, you learned how to handle a computer, how to work with an operating system, 9 programming languages and 3d-modelling in 4 months? Sorry, I don't believe that. Am I the only one who thinks that you are fooling us a bit

It sounds unbelievable indeed.

Perhaps if the total amount of effective time spend is 4 months. (I mean, that's 24hours a day * 30 days * 4 roughly 2880 hours of time, would that be enough to learn all these languages and programs? That would mean like 8 hours a day of learning in one year. Nope, all in all, quite impossible if you ask me.)

Cheers
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/04/06 06:35

the reason u still got a decent framerate with heaps of those models is because u hav no textures, animations, or code. play a modern computer game with that graphics card, then u will learn that when all these things add up, even with a significantly lower poly-count, u will be chugging along very slowly.

keep practicing, and ask for our criticism, not our money if u are a fresh computer-user.

julz
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/05/06 04:18

your all newbies! ALL OF YOU! I'm gonna put you all out of business! I will come out with a box that has so many polygons, and faces your computer will cry for mercy! Further more i'll include it in my BOX pack. Sure you could create the same high polygon box in milkshape by subdividing all night long, but why buy milkshape for just 20 USD when you can pay me 100$ FOR.... **DRAMATIC MUSIC** the boxinator pack.

First 3 buyers get a sneak preview of my up coming release, the endless polygon square from hell!

all rights reserved any attempt to replicated the endless polygon hell square will result in a massive lawsuit spanning anywhere from 30 to 123048745245,catrillian credits, zeny or even gold pieces. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

This messages brought to you by...

the guy selling the 10$ crappy cup he smacked together being 10years of age and competing his 1st model ever thanks to some random tutorial.

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 12/05/06 07:54

i think its enough and allready too late for useless comments, we all did it allready q_q calm down
Posted By: Dooley

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/03/07 02:10

PrenceOfDarkness

You wrote the funniest thing I've read in several months. I cried...

I truly think I am a geek, or is it a nerd? Which one doesn't wear a pencil protector?
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/03/07 05:35

wow...

I'm considering buying it (not really), so I can create a closet full of them, and then submit it as a level for the "A7 speed beta test thng"...

But that might be too many polys...

Just think of all the polys you wont notice or see or care about, crushing your cp like an anvil from roadrunner (wow, can't believe i remember that [censored] still).

Yeah dude, nice try. I hope this wasn't serious...
Posted By: erbismi

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/07/07 20:23

Im fairly new to all this compared to alot of people, but I will say, if I was trying to make money from selling models, i'd build models that people are likely to want in their game. These could be anything, because there are so many totally different projects out there (guns, characters, trees, buildings.....the list goes on), the important thing is know your audience. Thats not to saythese models you have are totally useless; with major poly reduction u could use them as props. Unless you really want ur main character to be a wine glass there really isnt a need for so many.
Posted By: broozar

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/07/07 20:58

hey, go to turbosquid.com, you could sell your models for even more!

here's a "very high level of detail" glass cup with 3k pollies for 120$...
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/184026
Posted By: Impaler

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/12/07 11:08

The tire might actually be useful for sticking on the top of a tire shop, there was one of those in Need for Speed Most Wanted... but even it didn't have that many vertices!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/13/07 09:34

not even close to that many that tire probably had ehh... about 300 polys at most.
Posted By: FBL

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/13/07 17:22

Quote:

If somebody really needs cups and glasses then I will prepare a pack with 30-50 textured models and it will be less than 10 $ for all models in the pack.

Create a ~30 items model pack with medieval clay pots, dishes and all that stuff for a medieval room and I'll pay you the 10 bucks
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: I'm selling this models i made. - 03/14/07 00:27

@dooley, Aggreed Prenceofdarknes's box pack....lol, that's awesome....
© 2024 lite-C Forums