fragmotion, texture problems

Posted By: andy_1984

fragmotion, texture problems - 05/07/07 10:36

if any of you have used sketchup then you know how it does textures, if you dont then basicly you point and click on the face of where you want the texture and it works amazingly well but sketchup doesnt use one texture it uses multiple textures.

i used my own textures which are BMP and 256x256

i exported it to .3ds

now fragmotion can import the 3ds and all textures are preserved and show correctly with no problems what so ever.

great now i export to mdl7 and import into 3dgs, i build and run.

oh crap the textures are all screwed up, they are tiled and stretched all over and parts of my model are invisible.

anyone know what has happened ?

keep in mind i never done anything in fragmotion except import and export, never thought i would need to as the textures look perfect in fragmotion
Posted By: tompo

Re: fragmotion, texture problems - 05/07/07 10:58

Check alpha and normals... sometimes something goes wrong when import from 3ds.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: fragmotion, texture problems - 05/07/07 11:50

There could be another reason for that. Maybe your model has more than one texture applied. Not all Gamestudio versions support more than one texture per model. So please tell us your Gamestudio version. Then we can provide better help.

Re: fragmotion, texture problems - 05/07/07 12:34

a6 commercial 6.50.5

i was reading somewhere else about holes in models. what i have made is a small part of a level with 2 buildings in the model with ground, each model has holes in it where doors and windows would be but its all closed off (no holes with no face on it)
Posted By: fragmo

Re: fragmotion, texture problems - 05/10/07 20:46

Have you tried exporting to mdl7 with the textures embedded in the file?

Re: fragmotion, texture problems - 05/11/07 08:32

yes, didnt work either

Re: fragmotion, texture problems - 05/11/07 17:46

Looks like the import/export is busted for the mdl7 format. I should have this fixed in a day or so.

Re: fragmotion, texture problems - 05/15/07 23:02

FYI, this bug has been fixed and a patch is available here: http://www.fragmosoft.com/fragMOTION/download/index.php

dave
© 2024 lite-C Forums