Importing Heightmap

Posted By: Damarus

Importing Heightmap - 05/22/07 22:04

hi all,

i got a problem I made a map in Earthsculptur and saved it and now I want to import the heightmap that was made when you saved the map but when I open med and try to go on import terrain from picture and select my heightmap there doesnt happen anything. Can someone help me?

EDIT: Nevermind i got it the tex size of the heightmap was 513x513 quite amazing what 1 pixel can do lol

EDIT: Now i got another Problem I managed to load the heightmap and from a tut that i have found on the forum it said to first load (for a terrain) the rgb blend map then shadow map. Now somehow when i select new skin and go on skin settings and try to load the rgb blendmap it somehow doesnt load i dont know why it wont load but the shadow map and colour map loads fine can someone help me?

lol another edit: I figured it out now i named my file rgbmap instead of blendmap lol i make so simple mistakes. thx anyway for ur help.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Importing Heightmap - 05/23/07 16:22

you must save you heighmap as bmp file.

Re: Importing Heightmap - 05/23/07 21:57

yea that actually wasnt the problem the problem was that the heightmap was 513x513 therefore it didnt open in med. Anyway thx for your help.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Importing Heightmap - 05/24/07 13:20

i use Earth sculpor too.and it works also with 513x513.

Re: Importing Heightmap - 05/24/07 20:47

well not at the part when u want to import the heightmap its got to be something like 512x512 or any other size which u can divide by the power of 2 otherwise it wont load into med.
© 2024 lite-C Forums