Can't drive on terrain

Posted By: Afox

Can't drive on terrain - 08/23/07 20:50

I am putting together a simple driving level with car_project. I have car and a terrain. The car drives fine if I use a cube as a ground but when I try to drive it on a terrain it seems to get stuck immediately. Even if I make a perfectly flat terrain. I tried different sizes of terrain too.

Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

P.S is there a car_project tutorial around anywhere, I looked but didn’t find any.
Posted By: RobH

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/24/07 06:15

If you are using A6 pro you can download on Conitecs Downloadpage a Car Project with your password. If you´re using A7 the Car level is included.
Posted By: jeffmorris

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/24/07 09:19

I have A7 Pro. I created a hollow box for the buggy to drive on. I used the car player template. When I move the buggy, the buggy moves jerkily across the box. If I run the "Car Level" project that was written using Lite-C, the buggy moves smoothly. Should the 3D models used for terrain be saved in WMB and WMP files?

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/24/07 18:16

Quote:

If you are using A6 pro you can download on Conitecs Downloadpage a Car Project with your password. If you´re using A7 the Car level is included.

Thank you. I have A7 now and the car level. I am still having the problem with the car nor running on terrain. It runs great on a box but just sticks on terrain. Do I have to have a special texture on it or soemthing, does it need to be saved as something other than an .hmp file?
Posted By: frescosteve

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/25/07 00:33

I think the problem is within the template. I have no experience with this particular template but i should imagine somewhere in the code it says USE_BOX IGNORE_ENTITIES or something along those lines.

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/27/07 21:10

Thanks but I didn't find anything like that.

Hasn't anyone else come across this problem before with the car_project? Is there a good tutorial somewhere? I have the downloadable car level but its not a tutorial.
Posted By: D3D

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/28/07 07:32

The car project runs fine and the problem only occured when you tried to create your own vehicle based game with the template?
Posted By: Rush

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/28/07 14:18

I actually did a little experiment since I experienced this problem also. What happens is that the car you made would run on level blocks and not on terrains.

Now what I did was that I made a nearly flat terrain (still with few bumps here and there) and a wide level block floor. After that, I placed a bridge between those two. I obviously placed the car on the level block and assigned the template actions to the car and the wheels. Voila! I managed to drive it around the level block, on the bridge and over the terrain. The car did manage to run smoothly over the terrain but then it gut stuck eventually.

Based on this experiment, the template car object CAN run on a terrain given the conditions I mentioned above. Perhaps we can start figuring things out from here.

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 08/28/07 14:53

I adjusted the camera so its farther away from the car and this seemed to have helped quite a bit but it still gets stuck a lot, even on perfectly flat terrain.

Im going to get gamebuilder and use the terrain tool they have to convert my terrain into blocks. I think this may solve the problem. I won't be able to work on it for the rest of the week but I'll come back next week and let you all know if a terain made of blocks is what you need to get the car project running.
Posted By: ACKNEX007

Re: Can't drive on terrain - 09/19/08 05:15

i am also having this same problem using MDL model as level.
with polygon flag on.
© 2024 lite-C Forums