Attack with PlBiped01 script?

Posted By: TheStonerunner

Attack with PlBiped01 script? - 10/08/07 00:29

I noticed that the PlBiped01 has a slot to name the attack animation, but no corresponding keypress to trigger an attack. Am I missing something? I don't need guns, just the ability to punch, and the template code works great in every other respect.

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: Blink

Re: Attack with PlBiped01 script? - 10/08/07 16:25

i am looking for that as well. i have a project that uses two characters. only one uses a gun, but when the level changes, the other character that doesnt use the gun, does his punch attack animation when i press the button to shoot, and the sound for the shoot plays, but because he has no weapon, i dont think he actually shoots. if you figure anything else out, post. i will try a few experiments myself.
Posted By: TheStonerunner

Re: Attack with PlBiped01 script? - 10/08/07 19:28

Eh, he shoots. My guy does that too. If you hit 4 I think it is, that's the equivalent of the Redeemer from Unreal Tournament 2004. Two hits of that and you'll end yourself if you're not careful. :-)

I'm really surprised there wasn't a melee attack builtin to the template, or at least a way to enable "attack" without the weapons script being enabled.

Re: Attack with PlBiped01 script? - 10/09/07 11:21

i know, maybe they will do it in the future. i have been struggling with fighting script for a while and i gave up. i saw ambits video and looked at his script, but i couldnt make it work. but if you looked at the video, thats exactly what we need. someday,lol.
Posted By: Morph

Re: Attack with PlBiped01 script? - 10/27/07 00:33

hi, how add the attack animation at the biped scrip???
Is that i don't know make it

thaks, please, help me

Re: Attack with PlBiped01 script? - 10/27/07 13:16

simple, add as behavior in wed. make sure you added it in project manager.
Posted By: Morph

Re: Attack with PlBiped01 script? - 10/27/07 19:45

yes but...add the attack animation in the biped script? in the biped script is attack animation but in the bipedinput script no corresponding keypress...for example in the bipedinput is visible this:

if(Key_Pressed(plBipedInput01_move_back_scancode))
{
plBiped01_force_vec.x -= 1; // backwards force
}

etc...
but the attack animation isn't it, How make that if key press for example "Alt", the biped execute this keypress and run the attack animation??

Is hard explication, but please, help me...

I don't know how make this...
© 2024 lite-C Forums