MAYA for levels?

Posted By: penut

MAYA for levels? - 03/27/09 18:15

Hello all!

I was wondering about using Maya for making levels then import them to WED and continue working on it. Is Maya the way to go to get that detail level that is very much being longed for? I would really like people to show me levels made with Maya.

Travis Wood
Nuclear Effect Studios
www.nucleareffectstudios.com
Posted By: foxter888

Re: MAYA for levels? - 03/29/09 14:02

as a matter of fact I do use maya but for like animations and models. I have tried using it for making a level and so far it works

specialy for prefabs like making detail stuff for the enviroment
Posted By: Khaltzane

Re: MAYA for levels? - 04/30/09 01:59

the latest Maya costs $6400 and is expensive
Posted By: Schmerzmittel

Re: MAYA for levels? - 04/30/09 02:12

Thats right. But there is the Maya PLE Version. This Version is free and have tha basics. You can Export FBX with it and import it in WEG or MED.
Posted By: Khaltzane

Re: MAYA for levels? - 04/30/09 02:15

Oh. i cant find it on the website though
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: MAYA for levels? - 04/30/09 14:53

The PLE version also can not be used to make money (re: any levels, objects, textures, etc you export into your game makes your game unsellable as long as those assets are used in the game).

IMHO, you are better off using a cheaper 3d software; using Maya for just levels is over-over-overkill (like using a grenade to hunt squirrels).

PS: Probably moot anyway, as I believe the Maya PLE version is no longer available.
Posted By: Schmerzmittel

Re: MAYA for levels? - 04/30/09 15:02

Right. I forgot. Now its a 30 day demo version with all functions included.

Ich have an old PLE Version in Version 6.

How is TrueSpace? Its totaly free.
Posted By: Pugware

Re: MAYA for levels? - 05/11/09 02:32

TrueSpace is excellent package. And also for free comes with beginner to advanced level video tutorials. Thise whole package used to be well over hundreds of dollars, and is now free. But yeah, Maya is expensive, Max is expensive, so just stick with the easier and lighter tools. Even going with 3D World Studio. If your good with, or even decent with Unreal Engine then 3D World Studio would be easy to understand. Other then that, there is a big following, and lots of documentation for TrueSpace.

Link to Video Tutorials TrueSpace

Link to Download TrueSpace.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: MAYA for levels? - 05/11/09 11:00

@Pugware: Did you noticed that this is an old thread?
Posted By: penut

Re: MAYA for levels? - 05/11/09 17:58

TrueSpace sound good but I don't know what to use...lol. I will just use WED. Thanks for the comments tho.
Posted By: Rasch

Re: MAYA for levels? - 05/11/09 19:20

I think 3D Studio Max is also a very good programm for your levels. smile
Posted By: Carlos3DGS

Re: MAYA for levels? - 05/28/09 12:50

edit
© 2024 lite-C Forums