Including .wdl templates not working in A7

Posted By: Marc_Gagne

Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/17/09 15:31

I'm making a simple game, where it's basically just someone walking around. I wanted to include the template script "Start up screen(s)", but when I test it, it prints out an error message. I tried adding an "#" before the include before the include in the script but that time it prints out an other error message. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody help me?

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/17/09 16:12

Anyone, please?
Posted By: pararealist

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/17/09 16:27

A little (MUCH) more information is needed for anyone on the forum to be able to help you with your problem.

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/18/09 15:01

Well what do you need?

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/19/09 08:21

Try AUM 51 to AUM 74 Using the templates

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 21:38

Well I did what they said, but when I add the template and afterwards, when I right-clicked the model I wanted to attach the action to, in the Actions my template wasn't listed. What's the problem? I've also noticed that in SED, the includes for the templates don't have a # before them, whereas the acknex.h and default.c did. Is this the problem?

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 21:42

I just tried putting the # before the includes but this time, when I run the game is says there is a code error in line 1 of display00.wdl (by the way, the template I used was 3rd person camera, which required three other scripts; I attached the behavior CameraSelect_Next to a biped model).
Posted By: KiwiBoy

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 22:01

Which version are you using?
I find that when I use old .wdl code, I need to ensure that each save is actually saved as a .wdl file and not a .c file.
Else { use A6 instead, no errors then smile

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 22:01

There is an update for the templates for A7 in the
Game Templates part of the forum.

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254570#Post254570

Also try reading in there for problems other users have, this usually contains your problem too.

I dont use templates so i cant really give that much info about them.

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 22:08

I'll try, but I don't see why they will work, because I don't use any of those scripts (for now). Aren't there more new templates?

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 23:25

Originally Posted By: KiwiBoy
Which version are you using?
I find that when I use old .wdl code, I need to ensure that each save is actually saved as a .wdl file and not a .c file.
Else { use A6 instead, no errors then smile

I'm using A7, and thus my script files are saved as .c files, but unless it meant I couldn't use the templates, I wouldn't want them to become .wdl files.

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 23:31

And pararealist, I tried doing what you said, but just as I thought it didn't do anything. I still don't see the Action attached to the template.

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/20/09 23:31

Do .wdl files even work with A7?
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/21/09 00:55

Maybe its just me, but your posts look somehow confused.

First, you must make up your mind what you want to do at all. The templates are WDL, not C. In the game design tutorial 2, you find step by step explained how to use the templates. You can download the tutorial from the download page.

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/21/09 21:10

Originally Posted By: Spirit
First, you must make up your mind what you want to do at all.

Okay, well, here's a recap of what I want to do:
I would like to create a game, with, as its base script, a lite-c files (.c), combined with .wdl templates. Now, my problem is, the two don't seem to work together. So I was wondering if it is possible to merge the two, or that I have to choose between a game written entirely in Lite-C with no templates or a game in C-Script with templates. Preferably, I would like to do a mix of C-Script and Lite-C, but I don't think it will work. Can anybody help me with this?

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/21/09 21:19

I think there also are Lite-C templates, but not as much as there are C-Script templates...
Posted By: dwalther2

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/21/09 23:43

There are a "few" litec templates but nt many as the templates designer I believe is no longer here. Also, you cannot mix the lite c with the wdl files. You will need to choose which one you want to use. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong on these points but this is my experience.

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 04/21/09 23:50

Okay, just as I thought. It's logic, after all. Then, I suppose that if I want to use the templates, I have to use C-Script. I tried one of the Lite-C templates, but it wasn't very good.
Posted By: NiGr

Re: Including .wdl templates not working in A7 - 05/01/09 13:30

Marc there is no way to get help for a good A7 camera code , since it is the weakest part of A6 & a7 engines (check all published demos , and you'll understand what i'm saying). I got the same problem with you , and i think you must write your own camera code from scratch . I 'm not going to do that because i believe that , especially this code , must accompany w/o errors the product . The users of a software product cannot depend on other users , since we all have different pc's, o/s's , periferals, drivers, etc etc . If Conitec continues to rely on this forum and on a "new version avallance" , then we have problem . Hope this is not gonna happened .
© 2024 lite-C Forums