Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and MED

Posted By: mixedmeters

Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and MED - 05/23/09 12:22

Hello,

I have been looking at models recently and I found out that some of the models are not created in the WED or MED. Rather they are created in other programs like 3d studio max and blender.

Ive used the MED and WED and granted Ive only tinkered around with it but it seems like if you want REALLY good graphics you have to use another program. Is this true?

Anyway if anybody has some examples of awesome graphics made solely from MED and WED I would love to see them
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and MED - 05/23/09 13:01

Well, i'm good at 3Ds Max, but i'll try to make for you a model in MED.

EDIT: MED is good for small stuff, not characaters.
I tried to make a vase, But for my first start, the result wasn't good. (270 polys)

My brother when he saw this says: lol! It's a smoothed cylinder laugh
Posted By: Jaxas

Re: Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and - 05/23/09 17:39

Forklift, all created and textured in MED, except the wheels, less than 2k polys wink

Re: Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and - 05/24/09 02:58

If you want to make good models what should you use. Ive tried blender is there an easier commercial software available
Posted By: Espér

Re: Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and - 05/24/09 03:42

A Sword made by me.. nearly 800 polys
Textured and Modeled with MED..

If you wanna create organic models ( humans, mosnters ), don´t use MED.. use 3DStudio Max or C4D.. Böender if you know how it works..
For all static models, MED is enough...
I´m modeling with C4D/3DSMAX, reduce the polys with a polygon reducing program, import it into MED.. texture it and save it as *.mdl

Re: Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and - 05/24/09 14:02

Thanks Guys,

Since Im a total noob what exactly do you mean by polys?

Also Is there an easy way to put blender into 3DGS?
Posted By: Espér

Re: Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and - 05/24/09 14:51

Export from blender to *.3ds Format ( 3D Studio )

Open MED => File => Import => model from 3DS

Ready ^^

Re: Examples of the some of the best graphics created in WED and - 05/24/09 15:31

Sweet!

So what you are saying is that any thing from blender like animations characters models can be imported in to 3DGS?

Thats so awesome
© 2024 lite-C Forums