Collision problem, wed?

Posted By: Danbannan

Collision problem, wed? - 11/11/09 21:21

Hi, i have made a level with 4 corridor leading to rooms.

My problem is that when i try to move my ball into the corridors it collides! Its like a barrier in the air but it is nothing there!

Render 3ds max

Screenshot 3ds max

Screenshot MED

Screenshot WED

As you can see on picture number1 there is nothing there (ss from 3ds max)

Barrier
Posted By: Sanderdell

Re: Collision problem, wed? - 11/12/09 15:15

I think u can solve this problem, by using physics engine of the 3dgs. Use Ph_Poly or Ph_Polygon and assign it in the action script to the model of the corridor. I hope it helps u.
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: Collision problem, wed? - 11/13/09 03:41

I am thinking you have a problem with your geometry..

On the walls to the left and right are divided into 4 parts(the big "X" shape) make sure there is a vertex in the center, other wise you have overlaping and possibly problems with normals....also move your "ball" to the opposite side of where you have a collision issue and look at the collision area(it may be a polygon with a flipped normal)...and of course check your normals.
Are you setting the polygon flags(polly collision)if not it can also be th bounding box you are colliding with....?
Posted By: tD_Datura_v

Re: Collision problem, wed? - 11/13/09 05:13

Looks like this is a duplicate thread and marked SOLVED.

Probably, the solution wasn't to make the level into separate smaller pieces.
Posted By: Danbannan

Re: Collision problem, wed? - 11/13/09 08:10

Sorry for the duplicate, ia solved this yes, i curved the geometry alittle, the screenshot is just an attemp to tesselate the mesh and make it tri's. But its working now with optimised quads. Thanks for the input folks :-)
© 2024 lite-C Forums