The folders in Wed...

Posted By: sydan

The folders in Wed... - 04/07/10 20:16

When adding a model into WED it only access folders lower down than the folder that the map is in. So if my map is in a folder called "maps" I can only see models in this folder...

I want to be able to look a step above as all my content is stored in seperate folders... Can this only be done with projects? If so, why?
Posted By: Widi

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/07/10 20:31

All your models have to be in the folder where the script is or in Subfolders. You don`t can go steps above.
Posted By: sydan

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/07/10 20:47

My scripts are above my models. The maps are below the scripts, but on the same 'level' as models.
Posted By: Widi

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/07/10 20:51

The Map (wmb compiled levels) should be in the "main"folder also, you don`t can use a subfolder for compiled Levels.

EDIT: I want to do this too, hope that changed at A8
Posted By: Keebo

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/10/10 03:53

Older versions allowed you to load models or other items from any folder instead of the current add models or other items within project folder.

I too miss this option.
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/20/10 12:47

Originally Posted By: Keebo
Older versions allowed you to load models or other items from any folder instead of the current add models or other items within project folder.
I too miss this option.

Actually, you can use the "load entity" in the toolbar just as in the older version. But like the older version too, it actually copy the model to the working folder and load the model from there and put it on the level.

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/21/10 02:22

My toolbar has no "load entity" only "add entity". I am using WED version 6.941 with Commercial 7.82. Is there a newer WED that I have somehow overlooked?
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/23/10 11:44

Hey, you're right! I was using A7.80 and I have that load entity and load sprite but when I upgrade to A7.84 they're not there anymore... Why do they remove that?

Re: The folders in Wed... - 04/24/10 02:08

I don't know why it was removed but I surely hope it gets added again. That is unless there is another way to browse for files without having to add them to the folder. Sometimes it is good to just experiment.
© 2024 lite-C Forums