[GROUPING MDLS] grouping models using WED?

Posted By: darkinferno

[GROUPING MDLS] grouping models using WED? - 02/19/12 17:31

Ive been trying to group multiple meshes into one model using WED by selecting multiple models and exporting them all as one mdl, this actually works fine... except, if i go to Manage Skins, all textures within the level are listed in the model even if the model itself only uses 1/2 of them, so i'm a bit concerned about what this means?

[questions]
Will it ignore the textures that arent applied? or will this pose a problem somehow?
Is there another way i can group multiple models?

Re: [GROUPING MDLS] grouping models using WED? - 02/20/12 00:51

any takers?
Posted By: painkiller

Re: [GROUPING MDLS] grouping models using WED? - 02/20/12 01:02

you can delete the textures you are not using in med. The other way to merge models is in med file-> merge, but you would have to merge them one by one

Re: [GROUPING MDLS] grouping models using WED? - 02/20/12 03:54

I know i can delete the textures not used but as said, it saves ALL the textures which is ALOT to delete PER model, alot of tedious work, so i just wanted to know if there would be performance problems if a model has so many skins [external] but only uses 1/2;

While writing this i thought of a solution, i could delete every other model in the map before exporting the new group, the undoing the deletion after export, i guess i'll try that, but i would still like to know:

Is there would be performance problem if a model has so many skins [external] but only uses 1/2 ?

and yes i know of the MED method, wont help much here since the groupings are unique to places in the map;
Posted By: painkiller

Re: [GROUPING MDLS] grouping models using WED? - 02/20/12 10:08

hmm maybe you could have memory problems, but now I remember that on one project I had some mdls exported from wed as you did and I had there lots of textures, most of them unsused, although they were external textures so maybe they shared textures between the models and there weren't memory issues
© 2024 lite-C Forums