My model isnt showing up when I run WED...

Posted By: JoeMama

My model isnt showing up when I run WED... - 05/07/06 21:19

I've made plenty of custom models and they all showed up fine when I run my game. But the last model i made i cant get to show up. I've done what I always do to make it. I make it in Anim8or then skin it in MED and it shows up fine in WED, but when I run my game all i get is an invisible solid area where it should be. In case this helps, I've put about 200 models into this level.
Posted By: vlau

Re: My model isnt showing up when I run WED... - 05/08/06 10:32

The camera may get burried by your model,
move the camera some distances apart of
your model in WED then try again.
Posted By: trister

Re: My model isnt showing up when I run WED... - 05/08/06 18:09

A similar issue happened to me. I have a working level with objects and I'm trying to bring load a .MDL and all I see is a wireframe block. Not sure what happened there.

Re: My model isnt showing up when I run WED... - 05/08/06 19:03

EDIT: What do you mean by "move the camera some distances apart of your model"?

Well I may be wrong, but the way I have it set up, I don't think the camera is the problem. I start out in an area with plenty of space then when I turn down the hallway (I'm using the cbabe mdl with the player walk fight action) where the models should be, I see nothing, alothough the other models in the level show fine. Its just those two (the locker and door) that don't. Then again, I might be wrong.

Post #3: As for the wire frame problem, have you made sure that the mdl file is in the same folder as the level? That's usually what my problem is when i get that error.
Posted By: trister

Re: My model isnt showing up when I run WED... - 05/08/06 22:07

Yes I even start a new level and load the .mdl and its a wireframe box I see whereas when I load a warlock .mdl I see him fine. Maybe I just got a bad .mdl file..no biggie.

Thanks
Posted By: MentalAbyss

Re: My model isnt showing up when I run WED... - 05/09/06 00:10

JoeMama What is your model’s skin texture format? If it’s a targa you might want to check that the alpha channel did not some how become filled making the model invisible when the engine runs it. Other then that I would double check the basics (flags, file locations and actions) .

Re: My model isnt showing up when I run WED... - 05/10/06 18:47

Here's a picture of my texture settings on the model. I've used similar settings for the other models that do show up.

© 2024 lite-C Forums