c-script to litec (in A8)

Posted By: DAVIDMORETON

c-script to litec (in A8) - 03/24/18 11:24

Just in case you use c-script and are about to try A8 (Litec), [as I had problems with it,] this might help:-
In c-script you put a biped into the game and give it an action (walking etc.) from a list.
I tried this in A8, but there were no actions.
If you want to put a biped into a basic game, I have found this is the easiest way to do it.:-

Build a hollow box, (texture it if you like), give it a name in save, add a model player, go to Map Properties and click on New script, select Template project. (close box)
Open project manager, click Add, click Script, (make sure ‘camera’ is in the box), click the drop down arrow and select Start up and then add Player parameters.
Close the box, highlight player and add 'behavior' build and save, and then run. You can alter the player’s properties by going back to Project manager, select customize, and then highlight player and click ‘customize’ in the pale blue bar – don’t forget to save your alterations !!
Hope this helps someone!
David.
Posted By: 3run

Re: c-script to litec (in A8) - 03/25/18 13:54

Hey!

In A8 with Lite-C you can also assign actions to entities. There are several steps that needs to be done in order to get it working correctly (c-script was more forgiving).

-include 'main' file in Map Properties in WED (to keep things as simple as possible, it should be in same folder with WMB file)
-action's name should end up with (), in older c-script snippets I used to find out that actions where written wrong, examples:
Code:
ACTION name(){ }

or
Code:
action name { }

Both of them are wrong in lite-c! It should be like this:
Code:
action name(){ }

Here is how it works for me:
Quote:
Map properties:

Actions in Behaviour: