cute mouse model

Posted By: Machinery_Frank

cute mouse model - 09/05/06 08:36

Hi. I sketched and modelled a little cartoon mouse just for relaxation and practice yesterday evening:

The model has about 1000 polygons. I rendered it with smoothing in the pic above.

Maybe I need it later on in a project. Then I will add uv-map and texture and create a bunch of other cute fellow characters. At the moment it is just for fun.

Frank
Posted By: beegee

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 09:36

Wow, it looks wonderful! Keep it up.
Posted By: fogman

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 10:10

Inspired by Mausgame...?
Anyway, it looks like you´ve learned a lot. When I see your first "organic" models and now this one...I can´t believe it.
For me the head is a bit to big, but maybe he should look like that.
Posted By: Grimber

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 13:30

looks nice, compaired to your drawings, the mouse needs a little more belly and more of the ears connected to the head ( little bit bigger ear too mabey).
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 15:06

Awww so cute... It like him very much... It is a boy mouse right Would you mind if I were to use your refrence art for practice?

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 15:44

Just use it and please show me your results.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 18:23

It is very well done. The dynamic of the body is great!
The mouse is only standing, but everybody can imagine
its lifefullness, energy and speed!
Everything of this is in its pose! Very good!
Posted By: frazzle

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 18:34

What else can I say Frank_G ??
Everything has already being said ^^
Oke, one more time: YOUR AN AMAZING ARTIST

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: RJDL

Re: cute mouse model - 09/05/06 20:40

*agrees with frazzle*
looks very cute
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: cute mouse model - 09/06/06 06:19

Quote:

When I saw it I imagined it with a helmet equiped with night vision googles and with a vest
Very good work!

Re: cute mouse model - 09/06/06 07:09

Quote:

It is very well done. The dynamic of the body is great!
Everything of this is in its pose! Very good!

Wow, Pappenheimer. This is like a poem. You are an artist with words. This even touched my heart.

Thank you and all the others very much.
Posted By: broozar

Re: cute mouse model - 09/06/06 07:34

you always get such nice comments when posting a model, even an untextured one :,(

[ontopic] looks good, surely, but for my taste it looks like it would fall over to it's belly every second. anyhow, nice job!
Posted By: D3D

Re: cute mouse model - 09/06/06 07:50

I think it does looks good, because a mouse don't walk on two paws. So when it stands up it's pose is somewhat like presented in the model

Dusty
Posted By: Sharx

Re: cute mouse model - 09/07/06 00:53

AAAAHHH A MOUSE!
seriously though, the model looks nice. I like the style of it, the shape of the mesh alone tells me something about the mouse character. Nice work.
Posted By: Bot190

Re: cute mouse model - 09/07/06 10:46

lol wheres the broom!? any way it looks good

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/11/06 09:17

Hi again,

since most of you liked this model I created a uv-map, a texture, a skeleton and started the first animation:

Maybe this one will make it into Dexon Knight with one of the funny NPC scripts form the latest contest.

Regards,
Frank
Posted By: Towelie

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/11/06 11:33

Looks good but the face is a little bit '2d', even for a cartoon...
The eyes are ok, but the teeth should be 3d (I believe) Though maybe It's not the style you want.

Otherwise, or else if thats what you wanted, looks great! I especially like the idea of giving the little mouse hair.
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/11/06 21:44

Hehe I didnt think it was possible to make him even cuter Great job... I attemted to model it but things just werent flowing right... I got upset and gave up Still want to give it another shot when I get the motivation tho.
Posted By: Grimber

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/11/06 23:35

I like him, do think the ears need work still though ( to skinny and flat)
Posted By: June

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/13/06 06:44

cute mouse!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/13/06 14:16

you need another few polys in the ear as the shading made a funny wierd angle in the front, other than that, it beautiful.
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/13/06 14:40

Hey those drawings are right out of Preston Blair's book.. I used book that in animation school

It might be a little misleading not to credit the original artist..

But it's well modelled after Blair's character.

I'd work on his balance, like pull him back and down a bit, but then if you are animating him then that's something entirely different. Maybe I'd crease the bridge between his nose and forehead a little bit.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/13/06 17:19

I like the model, but not the drawings. The drawings do not fit with the model, I would skip them and invent a new skin for the mouse.

Just to give an idea what I imagine:

Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/13/06 18:26

Yeah! I like the shiny black eyeballs, looks nice. It's so great to see some more cartooney models around here

He's so cute! Is he low-poly enough to use in a game? I've created something similar a few times, with a texture cartoon mouth and eyes rather than an open geometry mouth. Are you going to stick to texture drawn mouths?

Re: cute mouse model / new shots - 09/14/06 07:30

Thanks for the comments.

Yes. I was inspired by Preston Blair and I will animate it similar like Preston suggests in his book. Since he did not draw front and side views I could not copy his drawings but I could use his idea and design.
© 2024 lite-C Forums