first human

Posted By: Zubera

first human - 12/27/06 11:07

Hey all!

This is my first human model. It´s made in Blender. What can i do better? I know that it need practice to make good looking humans but tipps would be great I will model the head now btw.

Posted By: aztec

Re: first human - 12/27/06 11:13

I´d say that his arms are too thin and make his chest a bit wider
good start though
Regards
Aztec
Posted By: FBL

Re: first human - 12/27/06 12:08

long fingers
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: first human - 12/27/06 12:41

Tkae soeme fat away from the legs and give it to the arms.

Oh and when the arms are thicker, they may have to be increased in length.

But still a good start ^^
Posted By: raymich

Re: first human - 12/27/06 13:06

TIP: Allways use bluprint (yes, yes don't be lazy ) and allways model only one side of your human model and then mirror it for more accuracy, becouse both sides are symetrical

cheers
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: first human - 12/27/06 15:44

raise the knuckles a bit on the hand, and make the fingers shorter, wit a thinner pinking and the thumb on a better angle

Re: first human - 12/27/06 16:56

update:

Posted By: Xarthor

Re: first human - 12/27/06 17:45

Looks like you widend the hip .. I would shrink it back again and widen the chest + where are his shoulders?
Should it become a male or female model?

The hands look better, the arms are still a bit thin.
Just make the same pose with one of your own arms and take a look at it

edit:
oh and the upper thigh should be a bit bigger or get bigger when it ends in the hip.
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: first human - 12/27/06 17:51

Here is a little pic that I drew of a female body to show a bit how a human body lower part looks like:

Concept art is pretty usefull when modeling characters

Re: first human - 12/27/06 18:43

Thank you all for the great help. It should become a male model.

update:

Posted By: Towelie

Re: first human - 12/27/06 19:21

Can we get a front view? It's easier to notice things wrong with it when we can look at a front view. However, from looking at him...

1-The part right below the pelvic bone looks a bit shabby.
2-The pelvic looks too flat, round it so that it flows between the legs a bit more.
3-Unless he is wearing tight jeans, the area above the pelvic shouldn't come in then out.
4- His body cavity is way too tall, and
5- His chest cavity is way too flat.
6- He has no palm, make the fingers further out from the wrist.

Re: first human - 12/27/06 19:53

when the model is finished i will add a normalmap to add more detail to his chest.
Posted By: nifty

Re: first human - 12/27/06 20:04

That's a really good first attempt. The human body is the most difficult thing to model. I have a tip to offer. If you have poser, or if you can get a realistic human into your program, then use it as a base to start from. Freeze (disable editing of) the hipoly model, then build your low poly model over it.
Another tip, start with a lower polygon model, then increase the poly count on your next model. Try making a 300 - 500 poly model. It will look blocky, but it will teach you the basics. It's easier to learn from your mistakes on a low poly model. When you work on higher poly models, you will know what not to do, and it will be less frustrating.
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: first human - 12/28/06 09:14

My tip: when tuning the proportions use the photo of a real human as a background texture, or something like that, this will definately make it easier
© 2024 lite-C Forums