Posted By: aztec

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/07/07 18:33

Just incredible awesome Moddel ,awesome skinning
Perfekt
Regards
Aztec
Posted By: Andvari

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/07/07 18:35

sorry for the multiple posts, but for some reason i was unable to post the 3 screenshots in the same post

And thanks for the comments =)
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/07/07 18:45

As your "DeathSquad model" this is some model Andvari
But I saw a little green line on the models upper leg on that last post where your show the model but that's just a detail

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/07/07 20:23

Incredible!hard to believe it's only 2.2K polys
Posted By: Zelek

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/07/07 20:39

I have some questions if you have a sec!

Do you sell these commercially or what?
What program do you use for modelling?
How long would you say one complete model takes on average?
Do you animate them as well, or do you outsource that?

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/07/07 21:08

- i was hired to model 10 Robin hood themed characters

- i work with 3dsmax7 to model and photoshop CS2 to paint my textures

- it takes me about 5 days to complete a character (maybe less)

- i animate my characters too (and i'm quite good animating )
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 00:35

The model and skin are very, very good. Congrats! However, be careful of seams! That last image shows some very obvious seams on the boots and insides of the legs.

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 00:38

Thanks for the advice Dan , btw the model isn't finished yet, the gloves aren't textured and i still have to work on the seams.
Posted By: Don Pedro

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 06:55

Professional stuff as always. Do you have any examples of your animation (or just general demo reel etc.) skills to show anywhere ?

Preferably something that shows your talent/personal style. Not just basic walk/run/jump stuff. Even I can do those

I might have a job for you in the near future... If you are interested - of course.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 09:08

hey, that's cool

but the head is too lowpoly if you ask me

the result is great, congrats!
Posted By: RJDL

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 10:24

it's very VERY nice
well...i don't have much more to say, just take it as a compliment
Posted By: bstudio

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 11:37

I would die to see this with a normal map applied ingame :O
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 15:44

just imagine: this model with shaders in a dark forests, ANIMATED!
really good work
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 16:18

Again, the model and skin are very good. I like this model. I do, however, want to point out a few things that stand out to me:

- In some ways it is a bit too obvious that the skin is mirrored. This is particularly true at the top-front of the head (the hair there). Areas like this always seem to be a problem and this is usually because these areas are notoriously difficult to UV map via traditional means.

- The folds along the chest seem a bit "wrong" to me. Usually folds emerge because something is touching the cloth (where there is no fold) and then the cloth folds as it comes down off of that "high" area. The way the folds are going it looks like there is something pressing against the middle of his chest. I would expect the folds to follow more of his form (his pectorals) if the shirt was a bit tight or for the folds to fall downward to some degree because of the shirt (tunic top) hanging off his shoulders. Don't get me wrong. I think they look alright as they are and you can "get away with it" as they are (I think). However, the wrinkles/folds could be improved.

- The sewing seam painted on the boot seems very strange to me. It just looks like a strange place for someone to have sown the leather of the boots together. I am certainly not a boot expert, so I could well be wrong here, but this is my impression. It seems like the sewing seam should be either in the back of the boot or squarely along the side (directly bisecting the ankle either on the inside of the boot or the outside).

- The border on the cloak should not just "end" at the bottom of the cloak, imo. It sort of looks like someone cut off the bottom of his cloak . I would continue the trim along the bottom as well or do something to make the cloak look like it is supposed to end (i.e. it is sown at the bottom, trim, etc).

- The folds/wrinkles at the knees are great!

- Leather boots also develop folds in them after a short period of use and these folds tend to stay there forever once formed. His boots look very stiff. Adding some folds where these types of folds would occur would help (imo).

Once again, it is a great model and skin. Despite the list I present here, the model is fine as it is already (except for the seams, which you already stated you are working on).

I hope you don't mind the critique.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 17:39

yet, its caled sherrif of nottingham...

the model is superb for its polycount. i would have added a few more polys on head, shoulders and the lower arm regions, but thatsjust an opinion. fact is, it looks amazing!
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 20:09

*stunned*

There is no ´C&C´ only ´&C´ and this is "Freaking awesome work!" !
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 20:26

I agree completly with Dan Silverman. On the other side I must say the model is fantastic because I the Face is superb and everything else like colors and clothes are done very well too.
Wasn´t it you, who created these cat girls and other girls with that painfull small mouth? If yes I am glad to see you are able to do real saliently and unique faces.

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 20:39

Dan, i really appreciate your words, your advices will help me a lot to improve the quality of my work =).

I totally agree with you about the mirroring issue and the wrinkles on the chest area. I can fix the wrinkles, but i don't have enought room on my UVW map to paint the whole head without having to reduce the quality of other parts of the texture.

Thanks for the advice about the bottom of the cloak, now that you mention it, it really looks like it was cut by someone, i'll make something to fix that.

You're absolutly right about the folds on the leather boots too, thanks for the tip

Once again, thanks for your crits Dan =).

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 20:42

Haha, Yes Ex Citer, i'm the one who made the catgirl model, she's one of my favourite characters, but it seems that not everyone likes the anime style of my models
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Sheriff of Sherwood - 01/08/07 21:34

Jup that was he, I vote to replace his title "Member" by "God of Character modelling"!
© 2024 lite-C Forums