PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action

Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/09/07 22:42

This forum is for updates on PreVa's status, so:

The first PreVa demo is ready, it's categorized as a Tech demo, because it is far from completion.

Note: the file size is 40mb
Download the PreVa Demo
or
Visit the Download Page
The download page also has a torrent for slow internet connections

We recommend you read the Included Readme file after the game has been installed, it can be found in the PreVa Tech Demo/Readme directory, as well as the agreement, and info on preva.
Ok, the controls are simple:

W, S, A, D: movement (double tap to evade)
F: Block
Right mouse button: Boost up (jump)
Space: Boost down
V: Previous Weapon
B: Next Weapon
1, 2, 3: select weapon directly
Left mouse button: Fire current weapon
G: Toggle Developer mode (godmode and infinate everything)
L: suicide

Ok, now that that is out of the way we need beta testers for this demo, and we'd like to have anyone willing to help, just pm i or mpdeveloper_A or post it here. We could really use the help, but this discussion is for the demo, so before i cause this thread to be moved i will stop blabbing about help we need .

Please leave comments on the video if you wish, we'd like to hear how well we did

If you find a bug while playing PreVa, then please post it in our "Demo Bugs" section, located in the Manga Page forum here, please make sure you read the known bugs before posting one, guests are allowed to post, so you do not have to register for the forum to report a bug.
Posted By: Towelie

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 01:21

And a tech demo it is

The menu looks nice, but thats all I can tell you because 5 seconds after gameplay I crash.

But hey, liken that menu

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 02:11

hmmm...that's a new bug, if the script has errors and the options are "ok" "cancel" just click ok, if the game doesn't continue, restart the level or even the game

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 02:29

Every time I play it the a6 engine crashes...
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 02:33

online played it for a few minutes but it seems fun

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 02:34

Mayhaps this error occurs because I am running on too low of ram. How much ram do you and your team run the game on?

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 02:55

the pc it was created on has 512, but it's minimum is the same as 3DGS's

on the note of the gameplay: it's a tech demo, the ai is very hard, without blocking, you will get dominated
Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 04:07

New video it just shows off the tech demo.
PreVa Video
Posted By: molotov

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 12:45

Really a nice game, but do you know the game "Armored core", think you would really like that game.

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 14:30

yes, i love armored core, however, i wish it had a block button

does anyone here wish to help us as a beta tester?

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 17:07

I would
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 17:31

Hey, this game's great! I don't quite get it though... is there some explanations about the controls etc somewhere?
And are there any friends? I just shoot everyone... but everyone against one is kinda difficult to beat

I really like it! you're doing a great job! from the first screens I saw, to be honest, I didn't think it'd turn out this good. Very nice job, keep it up! I can see it's still a tech demo, but you're doing very nice, keep it up!

Micha

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/10/07 18:05

@Germankol: yes, the controls are explained in the Readme file, which is located in the games directory under the Readme Dir. And don't kill the blue guys they are your friends ^^

@lost_climate: great, if you wish to know more i'll send you a pm, and we can set something up for you to be a beta tester, we could use as many as possible, of course all beta testers get a free copy of the game, and credit for their work.

@everyone: We'd like a good stable team of beta testers, if anyone else wishes to join, the only requirements are at least a good amount of c-script knowledge, at least an intermediate knowledge is recommended, but we could use testers of all kinds
Posted By: frazzle

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/11/07 20:20

I like the style of your game Manslayer101, congratz to your entire team
The graf. are oke but can be improved. The AI isn't that good but I think you're still working on that. The game play it self is not new if you look at Zone Of The Enders. For the beta tester, I would help you out but I'm to busy right now
But again, it's a nice game and I think with your knowledge togehter with your team, this game will be a great one

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/14/07 04:19

it's just me and mpdev, and toolman does the music, we recently added a new scripter, however, he has given us no word. i worked on the ai 2 days ago and it's now even smarter than it was before, the movement is still random, but i do need some help on it. So far i'm pleased with alot of it, as soon as the bugs are worked out PreVa will be really great.

lostclimate: im sorry i couldn't send the files, it will have to wait until monday, we have updated a bit, so the file might be 40 mb or so as well, i will be password protecting the install, and sending you the password as soon as it's done

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/14/07 05:09

that works

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 01/15/07 02:17

the torrent on the download page doesn't work yet, however, it is available on mini nova.

PreVa Torrent

If you wish to support us, you may help us by becoming a "seeder" if you use a torrent application.

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/02/07 21:09

i'm sure everyone has noticed that we haven't been active for the last 3 weeks, there haven't been many updates or posts, some may be wondering if PreVa is still going strong, well, it is. it's still going as strong as the first day we started on it, but thats why there haven't been many updates, we've been busy on PreVa for the last 3 weeks, because we had the time to do it. Just yesterday the destructable buildings were created and the code has been added, i'm hugely debating about showing this off, thanks to David Lancaster we now have a new 3rd person camera, and we will be adding his "kingdom hearts style movement" for our beam saber system, we are ecstatic about it, and would love to show it off, but it may be a while before we have new screen shots or videos.

We are still searching for beta testers, we really need them, we need help on our ai and other parts of the game, if you can help me with that, i would be truly greatful, right now i'm having george help me by implementing his ai from the aum's, but it will be a modified version.

As for anyone wanting to be a beta tester, you won't get paid sadly, however, you will recieve a free copy of PreVa as well as credit for your work, i would like to add a side note:

everyone who has helped us with any form of code work is going in the credits, the game is only halfway done, but we have a huge list of helpers, everyone who has helped with code elements or otherwise is listed below:

ARAS14
Bloodline
Claus_N
demiGod
dennis_fantasy
Filipe
George
Gnometech
Gorthaur
Grimber
Ireng
Josiah
Kerkelenz
khanoftruth
Kinji_2007
LarryLaffer
lostclimate - also a beta tester
quasarchangel
Scorpion
seneca
Sinthoras
SoV
Thunder
Trooper119
ulillillia
vlau

i would like to take the time to say thank you for every bit of help you have provided, we really enjoy having you guys help us, your credit will be given when the game is released as well. However without giving a direct DOR, i'll only say this, we expect to have PreVa out sometime this spring, we apologize for updating those who have been waiting for us, but i guess this will suffice for now, and please, anyone wishing to be a beta tester, just say so.
Posted By: ambe

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/02/07 23:44

were do I sign up ? ^^ for the beta testing I mean ^^

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/03/07 01:11

sending you a pm now

also, this is for lc and ambe since you guys wish to be beta testers, i'll be updating the preva files next week, including the new camera and some fixes, it will still have the demo levels, because we are working on the games real levels, i'll try and update it as much as possible, and i will send you both an email when it is done
Posted By: Trooper119

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/03/07 03:13

Hey! From when you first showed off the game I never knew you guys were this ambicious (by the way besides you Manslayer who else is working on this, you guys are doing great) I would also like to help you guys out with beta testing, I'm too busy to actively make my own game right now so I'd like to beta this for you, I'll PM you also to make sure you get my message. Unforchanately I have school to contend with but I'd like to help you where I can. Thanks for the credit by the way, its nice to get acknowledged every once in a while, and even though it wasn't necessary I do appreciate it. Talk to you soon.

P.S. All download the game from the first post??? Is there any other updated version of the game I'm missing besides that one?

EDIT: One more thing, when and if I find a bug where should I post it? You can PM me with the details

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/03/07 15:03

Beta testers will have an updated version, i'll be emailing it to you guys next week, the third person cam is completely changed, and we're working on ai, but it hasn't been going that great

edit: quick update on the torrent, it now works on our website as well
Posted By: DavidLancaster

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/19/07 13:39

This game is really cool, I thought the movement was really fluid. I liked the dodging, it was fun to blow stuff up ^^

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/20/07 17:28

thanks david, and now we're adding your "KH camera" to it as well , and our saber system will be similar to yours, they fit the game so well

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 02/26/07 11:38

Wow! I'm glad you guys can use the KH camera ^^ I hope it works out, any tech questions feel free to pm me.

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 03/10/07 03:49

it's been a few weeks since giving an update, so i'll give one:

More updates will be available at our forum

March 09, 2007:

Well, it's been a while for an update, and alot of new stuff is happening, first of all we updated our version of the engine and have started to convert our existing code, models, and levels to the updated engine version. Second PreVa is getting a makeover, i have started to shorten the code, adding Preloading for the entities (for less strain on framerate), and the code is being worked on to make it more effective and less framerate heavy. The models, i.e. the mechas, weapons, bullets, etc are now also being edited to be less strenuous. The ai for now has been postponed until the first 3 mechas (and possibly all the mechas) have their code done. Animations are coming to play, and the saber has been attached properly to the slim mecha, meaning that animations will be done soon, also a new added feature is that the arms will follow the camera's movements, so you are actually pointing at your target. Overall work has been great the last few weeks, and things are coming along as they should. After the game has been changed to a more framerate friendly version, we will start the rest of the work on the other elements of the game. A list of the new improvements is below:

1. New Camera: this may have been mentioned before, the camera system is different, the first person view is still the same, however, third person has been changed a bit. Rather than being behind the mech the whole time, the camera can be rotated around the mecha when you are not moving or firing, this makes it easier to spot your enemy, as soon as you start to move or fire, the mecha will quickly turn around to face where the camera is and start moving or firing in that direction.

2. New Bone Movement: So far the mecha may now move his arms up and down to face his target, so it looks "right" when the mech starts shooting someone above him. There are also plans for new movements like this one.

3. Ai: Although the ai hasn't been updated in a while, it has a little bit of a change, the ai will normally stay on someone now rather than just sitting there. The ai still has bugs, but these will be worked out after we finish updating the game.

There are many future plans for PreVa as well, including speed changes, Level changes, new modes, and more...although they are not at the top of the improvements list, most will be implemented.

Until the next update, Manslayer101...

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 03/15/07 18:52

March 15, 2007:

Framerate optimization is still under way, a new shader has been coded for PreVa so the skins not only have "baked" specular lighting, but they also have it with a shader. Just today we have done a framerate and collision test with the updated version of the engine and the optimized hover mecha with a 1024x768 skin as well as some "buildings" which have the same size skin, to test the framerate with over 200 models and over 116,000 polies on screen and the shader running with 1024x768 resolution at the same time, on an off-the-shelf pc, it's stats are as follows:

AMD Sempron Processor +3100, 1.80 Ghz 256kb L2 Cache w/ 512 DDR SDRAM and a nVIDIA GeForce 6100

so in other words, today's "basic" or "bare minimum" pc. Here are 3 screenshots showing our results:

Yes, the fps is 28, and that is 117,118 polys, exactly 225 models, all with the shader (except the black ground and wall)

Needless to say, we got what we were going for, the game was running every bit of code from the demo version, plus the shader and some updated code. To point out the fact that we don't see any part of the game where there will be over 200 models on screen at a time the framerate optimization is proceeding as we hoped, and is becoming a success, quickly. We've also been talking about adding a bloom shader for pcs that can handle it, as an option, which would kick up some of the look to the game. We may be posting a video showing the shader off, we'll keep you informed.

Also a note to our beta testers, we will be sending you the test and will look forward to your results as well. Sorry we haven't been in touch with you as much lately, it's because we have been extremely busy, but we're not hanging up the phone on you yet.

We are still open for more beta testers if any wish to help, we really could use them, lately we have been very busy on updating the game, and we could use some beta testers to keep in touch with in case we have problems and wish to get a quick answer, you may post here or pm/email me if you wish to be a beta tester.

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 03/16/07 07:26

is the one in front the hitler mecha?

no but with your thoughts on the shaders, you may want to be careful because with shader slowdowns have nothing to do with how many objects are on screen, but more to do with how many pixels on the actual screen have a shader applied to them, the shaders would have a much worse effect if you were zoomed in real close on one mech, but your doing real well with the polygon count thing great to see.

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 03/16/07 23:52

it was a test to see how with the shader and without the shader, the framerate differentiates, and we were testing how many models and polygons we could have on screen using the existing code (updated for 6.5) and we were testing buildings with huge textures that were polygon intensive (every circle on top of the "buildings" has an extreme amount of polys)

the shader itself is still a bit of a wip, and i still need help with it, i can't get it to do exactly what i want, and considering i have no shader experience it's a good first try (i'm converting a "specular lighting" shader to a shader which supports static and dynamic lights, in an attempt to make the mechas have more realistic specular lighting, rather than just baked skins). to tell the truth it is kind of hard to understand why it's not working, i'll be posting the code and a demo in the shader forum soon.

New Shader - 03/27/07 16:12

I've finished the shader that i was working on, it gives anime style lighting to our models, and the specular lighting moves across the models and supports dynamic and static lights, it takes no real cpu speed to run, and it's a way of not only having "baked" specular light, but "realistic":

Before:

After:

Also if anyone is interested in grabbing this shader, it's located here:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...vc=1#Post739811

Quick update - 04/17/07 14:19

April 14, 2007

Lately things have been extremely slow, there have been slight interferences, so we haven't been able to work in ~2 weeks, we also both got sick last week and are still getting over it, however, we will be upgrading our personal pcs, so work can be done at both the office and home meaning when we get better, the game should progress better than usual. Sadly there's nothing to show this time, but we hope to be back on track at least by next week.
Posted By: aztec

Re: Quick update - 04/17/07 15:00

now that looks really cool

Re: Quick update - 04/17/07 22:14

thanks aztec

Re: Quick update - 04/25/07 01:02

Well here is some of the new stuff. The menu has been redone and the slim/fast mech is almost done, he now has his saber attacks and the maps are coming along. The hud is being remade as well. We will show some map pics later.

Posted By: bstudio

Re: Quick update - 04/25/07 07:31

Wow, the earth looks really cool. Is that a model or did you guys just put in in your sky(cube)

Re: Quick update - 04/25/07 13:57

Hey that looks real impressive guys
maybe it would even look better if the top of that laser beam
or sword would not be so sharp
but I got to agree that World thing (model or skycube) is just awesome
Regards
Aztec

Re: Quick update - 04/25/07 16:54

Its a part of the skycube with a glow on it. And the "beamsaber" needs a point or it looks to much like a "lightsaber" and it makes it look more like an anime mech saber. The sides come up to the top in its animation so it has to have a point to look right.

Here it is before code.

And after.

Re: Quick update - 04/25/07 17:12

it's also being scaled for each mech, meaning one mech may have a short but fat saber, and one may have a skinny but long saber, soon i'll be adding the sword trail code which was contributed here

Re: Quick update - 04/25/07 18:03

Oh well then gereat work guys
forgett about what I said your work is perfekt
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Quick update - 04/25/07 18:41

nice

Re: Quick update - 07/05/07 18:37

Posted By: Poison

Re: Quick update - 07/05/07 18:59

It looks awesome, good work!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Quick update - 07/05/07 21:55

Re: Quick update - 07/06/07 12:33

good looking
but these houses or containers are looking a bit boring
maybe bring in some variety
regards
Aztec

Re: Quick update - 07/07/07 22:11

I agree with aztec. More detail on the buildings would be nice. And (just my opinion), they could be bigger. But that's all up to you.
Great progress!

Re: Quick update - 07/08/07 23:07

They are part of a moon base and I'm making more kinds of buildings. And I would make them bigger but these are the first bases on the moon so not a lot of resources or technology on the moon in this time period.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Quick update - 07/10/07 04:25

Very cool and great texture work too
Looks a thriving community there.
Posted By: Ireng

Re: Quick update - 07/10/07 18:29

Very beautiful! That's some niiiice art! Congrats!

Re: Quick update - 07/12/07 20:51

Fun with boosters in space.

Re: Quick update - 07/13/07 05:09

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Quick update - 07/13/07 20:08

I agree. VERY cool effect!
I've been trying to do the same or something similar with particles. I never had the idea of doing it with models, maybe I should try that...
Great work
Makes it all look SO much better.
Micha
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Quick update - 07/13/07 20:10

Looking good

Re: Quick update - 07/13/07 20:31

Can't add anything more to that, great looking particle effect !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Quick update - 07/13/07 22:08

Its all made with models.

Re: Quick update - 07/14/07 08:42

Quote:

Its all made with models.

Well even better

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Quick update - 07/15/07 02:42

more work has been done in the ai this week, as well as new collision detection, so you can own bots with a beam saber...well that's all i'm saying, can't reveal anymore company secrets

Re: Quick update - 07/18/07 03:51

Great job keeping up the good work guys, I'll have my eye on you.

Re: Quick update - 07/23/07 03:53

umm, yea, btw beta testers, don't think we've given up on you yet, you're still in, and of course you'll get something to beta test in the future, it seems we tried to get some beta testers a little to early, however, soon you will have some to test, and yes, we'll keep our end of the deal as long as you keep yours, as ambe has seen (and now trooper119) we have had some good progress, more screens have been posted in the preva section of our forum rather than here, so they have gotten more updates than you guys if you want more frequent updates, we'll have them there, i suppose

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 14:38

Here is a big update.

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 14:39

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 14:40

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 14:43

Their will be more on the way, we are planning to release preVa by the end of the year. "If all goes well."

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 15:19

Great this kinda reminds me of Custom Robo Arena
hope you can finish it

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 15:28

we will be finishing it, whether we make our deadline or not, we just really want to finish it by the end of the year, and the explosions use a destruction shader by 5c0rp10n (thank you)

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 15:33

Looks nice indeed, can't wait until the release

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Quick update - 08/30/07 18:54

When I first saw this project I tought it'll never make it even half the way , but this thing keeps getting better nice work!

PS.: I think the explosion sphere needs a little tweaking,maby higher res texture.

Re: Quick update - 08/31/07 01:56

heh, thanks...i think...

but none of you guys have actually played the game yet, the movement system is very much improved from the beta demo, and the ai is greatly improved, they now "seek you out" rather than just sit there as a target like in the demo, they will also conserve booster energy when boosting above you to seek you out, and if your hiding, they'll find you, as well as flank you sometimes...

you guys really have to play it to get the full experience, but thank you all for comments, we'll soon have something for the beta testers, maybe

and if you want to be a beta tester, be our guest, you just have to have at least some experience with 3DGS, and at least a minimal amount of c-script knowledge.
Posted By: Metal_Man

Re: Quick update - 08/31/07 07:18

Neat game! , though I have some comments that might help:

From the screen shots, what I think is that the textures could be more detailed... using some small photoshop/GIMP tricks might do the thing.

Also, instead of making the explosions translucent, try solid explosion shapes with their normals flipped. That would look cool. Smoke is good too.

Some normalmapping/bumpmapping shaders would do wonders, though thats alright if your computer cant handle it with a high enough FPS.

The ground definitely needs detailing

I very much like the HUD though, it is awesome.

I hope my comments dont strike you as too negative, I REALLY like what I see in the screen shots. Giant robots are awesome.

Re: Quick update - 08/31/07 15:00

well, we would've used normal mapping, but it's not the style we're going for, and not only that we're aiming for a bigger audience with lower pc's than most of us have, for instance i could run all these great shaders at home, but not all casual gamers will be able to, so we want it to look good, but run at at least 30 fps on a system that's a few years old, considering that alot of casual gamers won't have great new video cards or processors, but at the same time, it still looks good for those gamers.

The explosions are actually models with 2 sets of normals, one flipped inward and on flipped to the outside.

Thanks for the input Metal_Man
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Quick update - 08/31/07 15:36

Nice screens!

They even show, that there is quite some game development skill in it and not only nice landscapes, that's pretty cool!
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Quick update - 08/31/07 15:44

hey looks nice, but i think the explosins and the terrain looks a bit bloggy, all in all a cool game...if the gameplay is right

Re: Quick update - 09/01/07 03:56

true, in stills the explosions don't look good at all, but with your destruction shader, in motion they look really great, and do you really think the terrain looks blocky? or do you mean the metal platform looks stretched?

Re: Quick update - 09/01/07 06:45

Yes those are really NICE shaders, fantastic (compared with my simple floating water shader.. lol) !!!

btw. has anyone ever made shock-shader that stretches the view around an explosion for a sec?

Re: Quick update - 09/01/07 09:56

OMG really really awesome work man canīt wait, want to play. !!!!!!!!!!!!
You should make an updated download link from Preva.
PLEASE!!
Posted By: Gafgar

Re: Quick update - 09/01/07 11:00

Quote:

true, in stills the explosions don't look good at all, but with your destruction shader, in motion they look really great, and do you really think the terrain looks blocky? or do you mean the metal platform looks stretched?

Well, everybody won’t see the explosions in motion before they judge the game and leave(much easier and probable that they see a screenshot first), and I really doubt those explosions look good in motion o.o... I’m sorry, but I do, so can you show us a video clip and clear my doubts? >.<

Any way, I have just added some simple so make effects and have a proposal/suggestion on how you may change the explosion, but I understand that you probably wont, because what you have now some how maybe is how you want them to be :], but any way, here is a image.

I personally like the feeling of power when i blow something up, and for me, that comes from fire, smoke and those weird lines shooting out from the center, and it gives me even a better feeling of power if I see small gibs and particles flying away from the explosion too, like parts from the bomb and the structure, and even snow and mud from the ground :]
But maybe that’s not the style of your game, but I have seen many anime fights with smoke first of all, and I have seen really men with those lines from the center, and they can be there even if there is no smoke and the explosion is perfectly round else to.

Any way, this is just my thoughts…

I’m looking forward to see more of this, I love mechs ^^
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Quick update - 09/01/07 14:33

I was gonna share what powerful explosion looks like but I just realised its a great idea and I'll keep my (stupid) ideas for me (You probably wont like it)
So far,the game looks good to me.The only think I'm concerned about in-game is the animations of the mechs. Noone can get a feel of the game without seeing the mechs move around,because every game has its unique movement system(a feeling that noone forgets. for example Unreal,Quake,Half-Life,Colin McRae,Need for Speed,Alien Vs. Predator...) Thats one of the most important aspects of Game Design because it gives your game 'unique and rememberable' style that wont be forgotten after the user hits the Quit button. So Enough teaching , show us some videos

Re: Quick update - 09/01/07 16:11

in due time my friend in due time, but share your idea if it's stupid we won't hesitate to say so (jk ) but we are open to hear your suggestions.

@Gafgar: @.@ omg...if only i could code something like that O.o

Re: Quick update - 09/01/07 16:39

Quote:

:@Gafgar: @.@ omg...if only i could code something like that O.o

:], well, its not that hard, it all depends on how you approach it, how big radius is your explosions right now? O.o.. i could add example code for something that looks like the last image if you want , and if you not use that code it can at least be use full to see, and maybe you can learn from it ^^, because its really not that complicated if you don't care about the gibs bouncing against walls and stuff, and if you just add a little shake to the camera too, then you will have a extreme difference ^^

Re: Quick update - 09/02/07 00:53

shake does a ton for the environment.

Re: Quick update - 09/02/07 06:26

sure gafgar, send me the code if you will, i'd really like to see how it looks, and it would be kinda hard to determine the radius of the actual explosion to tell you an exact measurement, because it's not set to stop at a certain radius, and i may try adding a camera shake, but i'd have it depend on what view you are in, you are in a huge mech anyway, but a good shake in first person (cockpit view) might be pretty cool. i'm open to more coding opinions if anyone cares to share, and if anyone wants the specular shader, just ask, but i would like to know how to change it to add dynamic lighting, but thats a bit hard...

Re: Quick update - 09/03/07 01:57

Quote:

OMG really really awesome work man canīt wait, want to play. !!!!!!!!!!!!
You should make an updated download link from Preva.
PLEASE!!

We will have a video soon and a demo out in a month or two.

Re: Quick update - 09/03/07 03:23

i'm not sure where you could find a shell shock shader...hmm...maybe you could use a blur shader and have it render to two view entities and make one zoom out a bit quickly (both being transparent) i'm not sure, but it may work well.

Re: Quick update - 09/04/07 00:39

O_O, okay, I will give up with my creation of the ULTIMATE custom explosion function... c-script is really bad(and I don’t have time or lust to get in to little-c right now) >.<... I had totally for gut how restricted everything is and how few things you actually can do with this, without working around a huge amount of problems, that would never be anything near a problem with another real language like ex C++, java or normal C O_O...
I will just make a normal explosion with gibs and post it here tomorrow, I am really frustrated right now, after have been battling with empty pointers, function parameters and not being able to send data to effects nor actions... not continuously send data to functions through functions (ex a send a vector and then continue to send that vector to a new instance of the same function)... I know there is tons of ways to work around many things, and I tried lot of them, but never with a result that is good enough, so I give up on doing something advanced with this.
I have not even begun to explain all of those things that I dislike , but this is actually not a post for this, so I wont talk any more about it, but in short terms… I will make a explosion effect that looks something like the image I posted, and if you want to have it different, you will have to change the code and make many different effect functions if you want different behaviour in different situations.
The originality thought was that you should be able to send data to the function to get totally different looking and acting explosions... but now there will be much less options. The options that you will be able to sent id the “scale”(amount of particles and force feed back to the camera), amount of gibs and there gravity and random direction, and a vector to tell witch direction it will explode to(if no special send a nullvector), like if it is a ground placed turret, it will most likely explode upwards with the grounds normal, and if you shoot a rocket at something, the explosion will probably explode out from the normal or the bounce vector, and if it is a moving object, then maybe it will explode more in the direction of its movement.

Enough talking about that now, I will post it tomorrow and it will include a text document explaining how you use it and customise some standard things.

And sorry fro the hold-up, I have been having a lot of homework this weekend, so have not been able to work with is until today afternoon.

(And just tell me if you want me to post this in another thread)

EDIT*

This is how it looks right now.

Gibs and some other effects will be added tomorrow...

Re: Quick update - 09/04/07 22:07

Okay, i have finished the explosion now, and here is a screen shots showing its development, using 7 gibs, but they are not that visible, if you want the gibs more visible, you will have to use smoke sprites that is more sufficient for smoke trails, the ones I'm using now is the same as for the smoke cloud.

And again, sorry it took so time .. it is really little code and actually did not take that long time to make, but i got another 100sides of math to work through until Friday...
I will just make documentation, zip it and upload it. I am including my sprites and textures too, also free to use and all specially created for this project.
I will PM you with the link, so you can post it if you want any one to have it, or else you can just use it to your project only, your choice

Re: Quick update - 09/05/07 04:53

actually, i think you should contribute it, and the credit should go to you, i may have it as a "high quality explosions" option, when i add it i'll post screens (since i implemented slowmo, and screenshot key)
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Quick update - 09/05/07 16:03

can you please post that smoke-tga(or the whole script ^^)?
i really like what you are doing there
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Quick update - 09/05/07 16:22

Wow, Gafgar those last explosion shots totally kick ass, they're practically perfect. Reminds me of Killzone:Liberation explosions which is a good thing.

Cheers

Re: Quick update - 09/05/07 17:42

I agree with M101 you should post it in the user contributions. And by the way thanks!

Re: Quick update - 09/05/07 22:16

Okay, I will do sow, but my school is killing nearly all my free time(reading 150% of normal >.<), and then Taido killed the rest of the time today, so it will be released to morrow then.
The zombie project i have a tread about is also suffering because of that, so any ones who wonders, YES, I will upload that to, but right now I don't have the time >.<

Re: Quick update - 09/07/07 06:24

I tried to make a cool explosion effect as I was making my spell effects but I couldn't get one to work I was satisfied with...

But this one looks beautiiiiiiiiiiiiiful! O_O

Re: Quick update - 09/07/07 18:49

Indeed a pro looking explosion Gafgar !!
A UC would be great

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Quick update - 09/09/07 21:05

^^ Thanks for all the comments, i just wanted to tell everyone that i have posted the explosion in the UC now, and hopes that everybody is happy ;D...

Another update - 09/16/07 04:42

Sorry guys, no screenshots this time, but good news, PreVa is about 1 month before completion (don't take me on that one, it may be longer) we are planning on it being out before christmas, the really good news is that the ai movement/attack/scan script is 100% complete, the only thing to finish is the specific mecha to add the actions to. at the moment we have one map completely finished from beginning to end (no cutscene yet) and the first cutscene of the game is completely done, as of today. Music work has started, and each song should be done after each level and cutscene, hopefully.

As for those who are enthusiastic for our first game to be released (or those who just think this project is interesting), it will be done soon. Also, we have started implementing Gafgar's code into the game (with which he will be getting full credit for), and will have an option for his explosion, or the 3d circular explosions.

For those who are just interested in Manga Page itself, our website is at http://www.itbgames.com/mangapage . there are updates and job positions, as well as a forum, for anime fans, it still has yet to take off.

If anyone has any questions or comments, then please post them, we'll get to them as soon as we are available.

i will be posting an updated list of all the people who have contributed, in one way or another, through code, or support, as soon as i can, it's late and i need to be off to bed, so, until next time...

Update - 10/26/07 21:39

Ok, i know what most of you have been thinking, "PreVa must be dead...abandoned...gone into the fog, as if it never existed", but it's not. I apologize for not posting any recent screenshots or videos or anything like that, actually i believe we'll make a video to console your worries (if any are present ). The fact is we have done loads of level work, and the menu has been redone for framerate purposes, it's not complete, but the overall layout has been completed. The levels are almost done, most levels already have their layout, the only thing left for each one is to make the objectives. We have also done work on the cutscenes, which will be fully pre-rendered cutscenes, which will be 320x240 mpg files, to save on space, although high resolution versions will be available for download, so you can enjoy them a bit more.

With that being said, the final things to finish are:

mission objectives
voice acting
cutscenes
menu
level transitions and mission screens
ladder matches
game-play balancing (which comes from beta testing)

and PreVa will be DONE...COMPLETED...FINISHED (caps ). But believe me when i say we're not gonna pull a Duke Forever, and this project will be done soon, i also promise some updated footage, considering we have taunted a bit too much.

so the question is, does anyone want a video?

Re: Update - 10/27/07 08:22

YES!!!
I want a Video!!!!!!

Cheers

Poison Byte

Re: Update - 10/27/07 09:52

hell yeah, i cant wait to see it finished, iv watched this game since its inception witha crappy room with a crappy texture and one model in the middle being your first post about it.

Re: Update - 10/27/07 10:19

Quote:

YES!!!
I want a Video!!!!!!

Confirmed

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Update - 10/27/07 11:42

Awesome screens waiting for a video too

Re: Update - 10/27/07 14:37

wow....so ...you guys actually want to play this game...hmmm... i suppose i shouldn't mention the loads of unlockables, or the ladder games...or the ability to play as enemy mechs in the ladder system...or friendly versions of the enemy mechs and enemy versions of the friendly mechs....secret mechs to unlock...secret gameplay modes...

guess i shouldn't mention all that

Re: Update - 10/27/07 17:58

Quote:

i shouldn't mention the loads of unlockables, or the ladder games...or the ability to play as enemy mechs in the ladder system...or friendly versions of the enemy mechs and enemy versions of the friendly mechs....secret mechs to unlock...secret gameplay modes...

guess i shouldn't mention all that

No you shouldn't... "M101 has accidentally been shot in the face"

Re: Update - 10/27/07 19:08

mmmmhmmm..."accidentally" well this is what happens when you tell secrets ....i'll die in peace now.... X_X

but honestly, feel free to ask questions and ask for content (no demos yet plz ) we're (not) gonna consume your soul if you ask for stuff
Posted By: TooLmaN

Re: Update - 10/28/07 00:55

MS101, you forgot about the musical score on your list of "things left to do." Although I work at a fast pace with inspiration seeping from my very pores at the sight of your coding genius, the music isn't complete yet! I have "most" of my motifs and concepts on paper, but the actual composition has just begun within the last few weeks.

Note to forum: Btw, I'm the black sheep of the PreVa project team. Sorry I don't frequent here often. They lock me in the basement and force me to write music and sound effects for pizza (i love pizza). Although I'll probably get beaten for leveling my detention, I wanted you guys to know that this game is looking awesome and that the soundtrack is as dynamic as the game itself!

Sorry, I'm not posting any samples of the music yet (except for the music in the videos), but the entire soundtrack will be available for purchase shortly after the game's release.

-- Laterz

Re: Update - 10/30/07 18:23

flattery

well, everyone welcome our "music man" "TooL"maN jk man

btw, work on preva for me has been slow, something came up and i probably won't be able to resume work on PreVa or any of my projects for that matter, until next week or later
Posted By: Straight_Heart

Re: Update - 10/31/07 04:05

I love the FPS testing screens, we get to see how you guys work, stress tests are fun.

are you still sending out beta versions for testing? I wouldnt mind testing , I can also send you feedback.

Posted By: prophet

Re: Update - 10/31/07 21:47

Nice looking screens. Very impressive.

Re: Update - 11/01/07 02:23

at the moment we have no beta demos or any demos at all for that matter, but we are accepting beta tester applicants, our current beta testers are:

lost_climate
ambe
Trooper119

however, we haven't given them much to work with since the beta demo, and stress tests, but you are welcome to apply, although you'll have to wait a while

and by the way, i apologize for giving false info by saying that we will be done in a month or two...we have no actual date for it, all i can say is soon, maybe a few months

Re: Update - 11/02/07 15:14

Don't rush please, nothing kills a game like rushing it. Just give us a tenative date when we can at least beta again lol.

Re: Update - 11/02/07 16:24

we're trying...but at this point we really want to get it out...the ai is a bit stupid, although waaaaay smarter than the demo. it's just that it's been more than a year since we started, about a year and a half, and we really want to finish it, but at the moment i'm working 2 jobs and i barely have enough time to work on preva, we have had quite a few setbacks...but we're still not giving up! the game WILL be finished

Re: Update - 11/19/07 18:18

ok, i'm finally back, and we've been working on preva since last week, so far the levels are more than halfway done, and a couple of cutscenes (rendered and ingame) are done, the last few days were great work days, and we are pleased

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/21/07 01:02

We are going to make a longer video soon but for now here is a teaser.
PreVa Short Promo Video

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/21/07 20:01

Looks very promising, I'm waiting quite curious to see the longer video
Btw, on the video I've noticed that sometimes the AI lacks abit, that is seems almost too easy

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/21/07 22:34

We have more difficulty levels, the video was shot in easy but their is medium, hard and realistic as well. Realistic will own you.

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/22/07 12:19

Oke, nice to hear
But I think all modes should comprehense the level of realism, off course adapted to each level of difficulity

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/22/07 16:07

well, the mechs that are on your side, their defense adjusts just as yours does for each difficulty, for instance easy is a cakewalk, as easy should be in all games, but realistic is like playing multiplayer, you hit them for the same damage as they hit you, for instance, certain bullets do 5 damage each time they hit, in easy, it may hit you for 0.1 damage, but in realistic it does 5 damage, but at the same time, the entire time you are doing 5 damage per bullet, so your attack isn't altered in difficulties, but your defense as well as your allies defense is too

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/22/07 19:33

Oke, clear enough

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/25/07 01:11

And now a longer video.
PreVa Promo 2

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 11/25/07 15:11

Now I'm even more curious to play the game itself

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 12/08/07 04:27

If anyone is interested we have re opened the preva website, and some ingame screenshots are now available there:

See the site

Re: PreVa - Anime-Stylized Mecha Action - 12/08/07 17:59

I like the structure in it, the design is obviously optimized for Preva itself

Cheers

Frazzle

Update! - 12/16/07 03:47

Thanks frazzle, the thing is though the two videos that were posted, are now obsolete, we had a good week of work and balanced the gameplay, alot. We changed each mech's speed, turning radius, damage, accuracy, and added a spark effect to the explosions, as well as adding more damage to missiles and rockets, so they are 1-2 hit kills if you hit someone with them, but if you hit near them it's not quite as painful. There are also some minor effect changes, such as heat blade hits now look more painful as they have flashes as well as spark explosions, so basically, alot has changed. Heres a status in a not very accurate but effective percentage system .

Levels - ~80% (some minor changes to make, and one last level to implement)
Voice Acting - 0%
Sounds - ~50%
Cutscenes - ~10%
Loading Screens - ~10%
Menu - Basic layout is done, but the overall menu panels are ~5%
Gameplay - ~90%
Ai - ~98%
Cheats - ?%

Ownage 100%

Also, as an update, i would like to say that i would like to know if our beta testers are still interested in testing for us, because soon we will have a playable result, and will be sending it out, at the moment we have:

ambe
lost_climate
Trooper119

if anyone is interested we will take beta testers, you can post here, or pm either me or mpdev_A.

As one last addition to the update i would like to say that the gameplay has greatly changed from the original "Tech" demo, i gotta warn you, it's a tiny bit fun....i and mpdev_A play it about as much as we develop it . Also the ai is about 98% done, i say 98% because not all extra mechs are added yet, they aren't geniuses, but they will hurt you badly, and the damage inflicted on your ai partners differs with each difficulty, also it's not impossible to play anymore, and we have full difficulty settings in the game, it has been done for some time now, but i'm just mentioning it, and well if anyone is still interested in watching our now obsolete promos, here they are:

PreVa Short Promo Video - includes menu music
PreVa Promo 2 - a longer promo, the music is not from the game, but it is some good dnb

Re: Update! - 12/16/07 04:08

Ill do some testing, but I can only do limited looking for bugs, since I will be swamped, I can help you with code or optimizations, but if you have any questions for ideas on how to fix the bugs'll Ill be able to help with that.

edit:

Just wanted to add, after watching the videos, something seemed to be missing when shooting the enemies, and I just realized, you really need some knock back animateions.

Re: Update! - 12/16/07 19:27

Good to hear you have the ability to tweak your script which is quite important to avoid later bugs
It seems like the game is nearly finished besides the voice acting, the cutscene and the loading screen but I guess you guys will get that running in no time

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 12/16/07 20:58

thanks to both of you

@lostclimate: do you mean mechs falling while you are damaging them with machine guns, rockets, etc? i'm not sure about having it, because it would slow gameplay for the player, which we don't want, or do you mean when they die? and by the way, glad to hear you still want to beta test

@frazzle: yep, the only reason the loading screens aren't done is because they are level specific, but with the near beta we will have the first 2 cutscenes which will kind of tease you as to how good they will be

so far the game is coming together as we planned, plus some extra things that we didn't i think it will turn out pretty good

edit: i forgot to say, if you want updated screenshots, or some short info on the game, go to preva's website: PreVa we also have a few promo wallpapers, and the videos are also shown there

Re: Update! - 12/17/07 04:15

yeah, when the get hit with something. like in boxing when someone gets hit in the face.

Re: Update! - 12/18/07 11:48

Good, I like being teased
No serious, about the new screens, I like them, they give the user the information of being a great game but not showing of all the little secrets the game has Now that's marketing ^^

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 12/18/07 19:30

well, most of the cheats and funny stuff isn't shown off, we do have some comedy in cutscenes and cheats, but the ones in cutscenes may be hard to notice

Re: Update! - 12/18/07 21:25

Comic robots, now that's creative

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 12/18/07 22:26

ok, here's three new videos, they are all actual gameplay footage, so no added music, but here ya go:

Gameplay video 1
Gameplay video 2
Gameplay video 3

Re: Update! - 12/19/07 09:40

Nice video, the gamplay looks quite FUN, especially with all those powerful weapons
I like the fog element from the first environment, it really creates the feeling of anxiety.
The explosions are just perfect, couldn't be better if you ask me but isn't there a way to smoothly fade in/out the dynamic light that appears after each explosion so it wouldn't be just the light on/off effect.
The best part was the 'flame trower', burn baby burn ^^
Great stuff

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 12/19/07 14:27

my only issue is the combat.... it seems slow, or something, dont know how to explain it.
Posted By: molotov

Re: Update! - 12/19/07 14:46

The game looks great, Ilove the atmoshere in the first level. The leaves coming from the roof, it's just gives the idear of being in a real jungle.

Re: Update! - 12/19/07 16:25

thanks everybody, btw it's a huge laser gun frazzle, but it is devastating

the combat on those levels doesn't seem to be fast paced, but that is because of the movement of the mechs, we want the "bulky" feeling while at the same time providing easy movement, the "evading" is where the real speed is, it allows you to move extremely fast, and all mechs have it, it's used for dodging or getting somewhere fast

thanks to everyone who has supported, we promise to have more updates, we'll try to keep you posted

Re: Update! - 12/19/07 16:28

A devastating laser is nice too
I'll be waiting for those further updates

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 12/19/07 17:28

no problem frazzle

Re: Update! - 12/24/07 18:53

Posted By: padrino

Re: Update! - 12/25/07 09:54

thanks

Re: Update! - 12/25/07 13:17

That must be the most cruel Santa Claus I've ever seen
Merry XMass to you guys at PreVa as well

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 01/15/08 00:28

Some updates with some new effects.

As you can see we now have dynamic lights enabled, old shader is gone

Hopefully Gafgar would note that we really appreciate his explosions, he'll have a place in the credits
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Update! - 01/15/08 11:20

this looks very cool.
hope you will use "target_map" for the cp.

Re: Update! - 01/15/08 16:44

target_map? i'm not sure what you mean

Re: Update! - 01/15/08 19:43

Those updates keep on looking quite promising but I'm really curious to play the game it self too
That was a subtile tip btw ^^

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: ryangregory

Re: Update! - 01/15/08 20:01

Hi there! I'd really like to ba a part of the team. I'm a modeller, texturer, animator, concept designer and 2d graphics designer.
I'd really like to re-do your models and make them alot better. Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers!

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 02:47

@frazzle: no kidding, that's not very subtle though i promise it won't be forever

@all: i would mention a lot of updates now, but there's no point, i'll just post some screens

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 02:51

That would be just great.
Having followed this since it started (dont follow very many threads ) I am just as keen as anyone else to see more, it keeps me pumping

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 04:08

lol yep, I remember when this thread started... there was some issues about a really crappy texture and some random random mech in the middle of the room. I think I remember some skepticism about it getting finished you showed them huh

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 05:29

lol, thanks both of you, we're trying of course i do remember a post that mentioned our game being a bit older looking, and truthfully it does, but...umm...

This Is Our First Game....and we had no experience and have been working on it for about 1 1/2 years....2 people.....in my book that's good for a first game, but it's not just another pretty face anyway....

tomorrow i'm taking the day off, so i may just throw some screens your way

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 15:48

Some screens of the island base:

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 15:49

Some more.

Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 16:11

It uhm seems very dark, but apart from that it looks pretty cool,

Cheers

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 17:42

yep, that's a night mission (hence the stars) there are a few day missions

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 18:44

Right now we are finishing up the last two levels and polishing, after that the cutscenes, then voice actors recorded and then thats it. It is very nice to be this close to the end of the game. "Knock on Wood"

Re: Update! - 01/16/08 18:56

of course, in the coding area there isn't much to do at all, and in the modelling, it's almost complete as well. basically for the actual gameplay we just have to finish off a few loose ends and it'll be done, then as mpdev_A stated, voice actor recording and cutscenes (and music) and that's it...

Update! - 01/20/08 16:20

Well, good news, from the way things have been, ai is done now, the ai is nowhere near as bad as the demo, they now block attacks and will jump over buildings to find you

Re: Update! - 01/20/08 21:20

Great to hear since the AI is a crucial element in almost any project

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 01/25/08 18:05

The kinda shots only a developer can get.

Re: Update! - 01/25/08 18:33

hey, have you thought about either a multitexture shader or detail maps for some of the environment, because right now there is a huge difference in detail between the models and the ground and walls.... other than that looks nice, and I see we finally get to see some new bots

Re: Update! - 01/25/08 20:07

Fancy shots, great post
Btw like lostclimate mentioned, a mts would give a great difference

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 01/25/08 20:29

we're using a mts but it's not set very high for framerate reasons, our game already pushes the engine to it's limits

Re: Update! - 01/26/08 17:23

MPD_B is right we have some very large terrains and if you turn up the detail tiling the framerate goes to crap. But since we have done some framerate tweaks, I
will try to up it some and see what happens.

Re: Update! - 01/26/08 18:16

Oke sounds fair enough

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update! - 01/26/08 18:43

sounds goo0d, and remmeber ther is always a detail bar

Re: Update! - 01/26/08 21:53

well, i've started working on the menu because you can play all the way through the game from start to finish, boss fight and all

till next time, ms101

Re: Update! - 01/27/08 22:24

As far as I know the render speed wont go down that much if you fix a more frequently looping texture and uses mipmaping (using multitexturing). If you get problems with it try posting on some threads about using the shaders and see if there is something you are doing wrong.
And as you can see in games like Unreal Tournament 2003, detailmapping is not heavy at all. You just need to use it in the right way.

Any way, it might bee that you cant fix those problems for various of reasons, then... have you considered to make the bots less detailed to more match the graphics of the environment? A more united graphical style is important for a game if you ask me, more important than a higher resolution and highly technical graphic.

Anyway ^^, you game seems to come closer to a finished product :], I will be back later and hope to play a eventual demo ^^, I wish you good luck with further development and hope that it comes together as you wants it to :]

Re: Update! - 01/27/08 23:16

thanks for your input gafgar, the only thing about downing the mecha's detail is that they won't fit in the underground bases, or the space, or the forest....

but hey we really like the explosion script

also it's nice to hear we have one more waiting to play

Re: Update! - 01/29/08 17:24

Fun with big lasers.

Re: Update! - 01/29/08 20:11

Makes me wanna play it even more !!

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Tryforce

Re: Update! - 01/29/08 21:03

Hey there mpdeveloper's (i hope im saying the right group)

Your game is quite advance. You got a good gameplay, eventhough here are a few Critique's and suggestions if you appricate:

-The Models and envoirments probably need more Dynamic forms. For now
most of it looks pretty boxy/sphere like, just to simple.
There are quite alot of Mech models/games representing a much complex/dynamic form of Mech's. Maybe take a look at them.

To the envoirments i would simply suggest to get higher buildings and more Buildings themselfes. Its Normaly that Mech's are alot bigger and used to fly around the City Blocks to fight another mech wich is trying to get behind the enemie.

So Higher builded Buildings + More Buildings themselfes + More Dynamic Meshes/shapes ingame would be absolutly a great kick up for your Game.

As a Suggestion for the gameplay i would suggest you making the radar on the left bottom , rotate abit slower and maybe with an effect on it when it detects an Enemie. About 20-40 frames should make it smooth enough.
Also maybe try to support more the Flying-Combat gaming. Shooting while walking is kind of to Boring after time, in my opinion.

Also maybe try to get a look at the game "Exteel" , maybe it says somethign to you. It a free Beta Mech game yet with awesome graphics and gameplay. The Flying inside the game gives the "realness" inside a Mech.
While Flying the mech moves/fly's a few positions away from the middle of the camera and the camera feels like dragged to the position of the mech.

This game looks very Promising, nice shaders and Features so far. keep it up!

Re: Update! - 01/29/08 21:21

Well as for the look of the game we are going more for classic 0079 Gundam then say, Zone of the Enders. And the game only takes place like 30yrs in the future so these are some of the 1st and 2nd gen mechs. And we would love to add more to the levels but the FPS drop so bad it won't play well on a low to midrange of the self PC and thats who we are selling to.

Re: Update! - 01/29/08 21:34

Looking good and the beams are great Would love to see Mechs coming apart on destruction though

Re: Update! - 01/29/08 22:29

so would i

if only we had physics and a better renderer i'd also like bloom but we have com, but we have to wait for pro...

Re: Update! - 01/29/08 23:46

wouldnt that be great! But you can gib them apart if you want and use bounce to get passable physics effects
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Update! - 01/30/08 00:06

Quote:

:D so would i

if only we had physics and a better renderer i'd also like bloom but we have com, but we have to wait for pro...

use the render2texture dll.. works with com for bloom and mirrors. i know because i use it

Re: Update! - 01/30/08 15:34

For some reason the DLL will not load we have tried many times, as for the gibs we have some in the mechs explosion and a setting to turn them up.

Re: Update! - 01/30/08 16:05

and when we got it to run there was problems, it's not the video card or the specific pc, it just doesn't work, and v 1.1 does absolutely nothing

The demo, revamped - 02/01/08 16:17

remember the demo? it's gotten an update:

sorry photobucket resized them

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/04/08 11:55

his foot's in the terrain. it's a huge change in the atmosphere, and to the better for sure.
but the terrain still looks boring.. only one tree model, and all trees are the same?

not perfect, but it looks waaay better.

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/04/08 12:47

I wouldn't say boring but to uniform
Anyway, the map looks quite big which I like in these kind of games
Good work !!

Cheers

FRazzle

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/04/08 16:12

not really, all trees are random in size, it's supposed to be an old forest in the mountains that would normally include cedar trees rather than a lot of others

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/04/08 17:46

yes, but maybe puttin a few broken ones, a few with limbs extending or something. that would do a lot for it.

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/04/08 23:07

hmmm, it's a possibility, all trees are destructable, even if you run into them.

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/13/08 22:45

a small update: with test after test we finally have the r2t dll working, so we now have bloom implemented, as well as a kind of bright blur (using the bloom) when explosions go off. Also we are starting on cutscenes this week, most likely tomorrow. The bloom really adds a good touch to the game, and screenshots and a video are to be expected soon.
Posted By: alleen

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/14/08 06:40

the muzzle fire effect looks.... deplaced, isn't it supposed to move upwards together with the gun movement?? but apart from that, it's an overall amazing work, i'm looking forward to playing it, finally oneday (i missed the demo unfortunately, and it seems like the file isn't online anymore)

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/14/08 13:54

it isn't, and the demo really wasn't good, i still have it for nostalgia some years down the road, but it's acually really lame, the game has changed alot from the demo, maybe we'll release the original demo with the new one when the game is done, to show the differences

actually, if you want, sometime i could post a video of the demo, soon i will do an ai video for preva, perhaps i can do a demo video at the same time...

for the rocket launcher's muzzle, it doesn't follow the gun because of the animation of the muzzle, and the mech's animation, if they were attached it would look rather weird, but all the smgs and assault rifles, and the shotgun have their muzzles attached. btw, are you guys interested in all the weapons?

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/14/08 14:24

I think the muzzel firing effect should be as shown due to the speed at which discharge occures.
If you have ever been on the receiving end of gunfire an amazing effect can be discerned, the muzzle flash appears as a bright star complete with rings as shown in some star effects, quite pretty

Re: The demo, revamped - 02/14/08 14:33

^^ thanks nems very kind words from you, it looks better when you see it animated, it's very anime

Website updates and more - 02/14/08 17:19

well both the preva and manga page websites have updates so if you are interested in keeping in touch with us, you can join the forum and if you need to know more that we aren't posting, you may read our site's updates, which should be more frequent now, considering that our viewers have gone up a bit, so if you are interested in checking it out the links are below, also if you want to join our forum, we welcome any MP fans, anime fans, tech geeks, modderators, etc.

Manga Page Website
Manga Page Forum

Re: Website updates and more - 02/14/08 17:35

MMMMmmmmmmm......Bloom Shader.

Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Website updates and more - 02/14/08 17:45

As I mentioned a long time ago - when you guys had just started with Preva, I am not a great robot and sci-fi fan but this game has definitely got my interest! It keeps looking better and I for one, can't wait till you get it finished^^

Re: Website updates and more - 02/14/08 18:27

Quote:

my favorite

Re: Website updates and more - 02/14/08 19:33

Great screens like always !!
You definitly made a good decision to input the bloom effect
That second picture just rocks

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Website updates and more - 02/14/08 20:42

LC: mine too i'm thinking of making it a wallpaper, if i do i'll throw it your way that screenshot was taken in the middle of the "blurriness" that is added when you are close to explosions

Cartoon_baboon: thanks very much, but for more updates check the website, and as mentioned before we're always looking to expand our forum

@frazzle: thanks, you're very supportive, and i agree

If you guys want more that's less than half of the total screenshots we took yesterday, so if you want more we'll show em off

More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/14/08 21:02

Here are all the new shots.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_0-5.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_0B.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_0c.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_1-5.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_2-4.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_3-4.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_8-2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_9-2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_9B.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_9c.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_10-1.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_11-2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_11B.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_18.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_24-1.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_31-1.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_33.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_35.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_38-1.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_54.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_55-1.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_56-1.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_61.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_63.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_70.jpg
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/15/08 08:26

This is my favorite:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_38-1.jpg
But this one is good too because it looks really "dynamic"
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/jqsharp/preVa/screenshot_2-4.jpg
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/15/08 08:37

I like the impression of an action feeling. The particles and effects look very cool in the screenshots.

On the other hand there is little or no lighting. Models are blocky and you should completely re-made all textures.

If I imagine this project with professional models and textures and good lighting then it could have commercial quality.
If you dont have skilled model and texture artists available, then you could get mechs at 3drt.com and textures from Gamebeep, 3dtotal or Dexsoft.

I think your project is worth improving it.

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/15/08 13:51

@Frank: well, we wish atm that we had a texture artist, but thats not true, and mpdev_a has done a good job on making the textures that he has, although we do plan on doing a graphics update patch in the future with preva, after it has been released for a while. The mechs are kind of meant to be blocky, it's the kind of style of mechs we're going for, like Gundam. On the lighting aspect, we do have lights attached to bright things, like the laser gun, the sabers, the muzzles, the explosions, etc. but we can't use more than 8 at a time because of a6, and that conitec blamed it on dx (yea.....) but anyway...

Thank you frank for your constructive criticism, it's very helpful, and yea, we just want that "blow sh*t up" feeling, think of it this way, the game is supposed to be a mixture of a 80's mecha anime combined with some newer technology.

@puppeteer: i like both of em especially the big lazer owning the enemy ^^

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/15/08 14:04

Quote:

...but we can't use more than 8 at a time because of a6,
and that conitec blamed it on dx (yea.....) but anyway...

DX supports up to 8 lights per model not per world. So indeed you
theoretically could use more than 8 dynamic lights just through
splitting up level-models into pieces.

But you can also do lighting with static lightmaps as a workaround
to not have such flat environments. The latter would be faster
anyway than dynamic lighting.

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/15/08 16:57

Don't know if you already saw it but the links on the Indie Gamedev forum aren't working. Might want to fix those.

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/15/08 17:22

Quote:

Quote:

...but we can't use more than 8 at a time because of a6,
and that conitec blamed it on dx (yea.....) but anyway...

DX supports up to 8 lights per model not per world. So indeed you
theoretically could use more than 8 dynamic lights just through
splitting up level-models into pieces.

But you can also do lighting with static lightmaps as a workaround
to not have such flat environments. The latter would be faster
anyway than dynamic lighting.

preva doesnt use any blocks, just 100% model and terrain levels. also, a7 has unlimited dynamic lights, why is this :/ or rather why wasn't it coded into a6

@cartoon_baboon: thanks, we found out that gamedev.org's forum was messed up, but not indiegamer, however it'll have to wait, mpdev is out of commission for a day or 2, maybe longer

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/15/08 19:56

Quote:

preva doesnt use any blocks, just 100% model and terrain levels.

But still you can use static lightmaps on models via second uv-set. Just ask Ventilator. He has a great plugin for that.

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/16/08 04:35

it's true we could, and lightmapping isn't all that hard to do, but it is very time consuming, and because we have 31 mechs (each using the med material and effect features on multiple skins, at least 4 per mech) and a decent amount of overall models, lightmapping would throw us behind too much, so maybe in the graphics update, we don't really want to pull a DNF ( ) and add a new feature each time we find something new, which is why the bloom which was added may be the last graphics tweak until the game is released

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/16/08 04:59

If you set stencil_shadows to on, and only had the main character use a shadow (or even other characters), and set every model which uses a shadow to .cast = on so that they don't cast a shadow on themselves, I think at least with the main character could get better visual results with either very small to little slowdown using such little amount of stencil shadows...

Screens are looking really nice!

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/16/08 10:13

Is it a free game or do you want to sell it?

Just think about what game you would buy in a store and what you would instantly put back into the shelf.

And then think about graphic improvements again.

But it is your choice. I just think it is a pity to release an unfinished game leading to little sales at all.

And even if you make it for free then the gamers will think similiar about it.

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/16/08 16:38

@ David: yes i was thinking of including it as an option, perhaps i will... and btw thanks for finally posting david

@ Frank: the game won't go unfinished, also it's our first game, and i'd prefer not to stretch it out longer than it has to be, yes we are selling it at $20 US which is a good price for the whole package, the game will have:

A general and a controller (both will have voices)
your wingmen will interact when they are getting hurt (they will have random voices, probably only 4 so far)
as mentioned 31 mechs
11 story mode levels 3 bonus missions and 2 extra story mode levels (as the enemies)
Rendered Cutscenes
a Full range soundtrack (which sounds good so far)
Menus (duh) and pre and post mission screens (post mission are your level stats)

most of the extra stuff like the mechs will be unlockable, and you will have to buy them with points, so it's got lots of replay value, as well as the secret levels, it will take quite some time to unlock everything, and cheating won't have an effect on what you unlock, so you can cheat away and still get the points you need .

although we could take way more time and do lots more for preva, it's getting close to release time, and when i say that, i mean that it would have to be recoded and the models completely redone (again btw, we've already done it twice for shaders) and we would like to have good shaders and lightmapping, but it would take too much time, the decision is rather we should keep changing up stuff, or just go on with it, and we want to go on with it. Also we want to game to work on some low level systems as well, so we didn't add a bunch of extra things for that fact, so that casual gamers and others can both play.

Believe me frank we have considered those alternate paths, but for us to do all that we want to add to it, we would have to basically start from scratch, or it would take over a year to do most of it, so we can't, it's also only 2 guys work and for a first game i'd say it's a d*mn good game, and it plays very good.

I hope it didn't sound like i was frustrated or anything, i'm not, but frank, we will be releasing a graphics update pack in the future, so preva will most likely get the treatment it deserves, but not right now, sorry.

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/16/08 17:01

I understand you and wish you all the best from the bottom of the heart.

I just fear that a standard gamer will not give you a second chance when you come up with a graphics update later after the release.

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/17/08 01:34

thanks frank, you may be right, most gamers probably won't but we'll risk it anyway we're truly looking for anime fans and mech heads alike, but i will say this, there are games that i played long ago that if there was a graphics pack now, i'd play through them again just because of the update, but maybe that's just me

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/18/08 01:08

Lost_Climate: well as i promised, here's the wallpaper, after a small amount of image manipulation, enjoy:

it's a jpeg so it's small but high quality, and if you just want the direct link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/prevawall1-1280.jpg

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/18/08 01:54

ooooo thanks

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/18/08 04:46

np, i couldn't resist

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/18/08 15:25

i am planning on making an ai video showing off their ability in the game, right now i don't have the proper bloom shader, but i could attempt it

Re: More PreVa!!! Now with Bloom Flavor!! - 02/18/08 19:16

well, not so sure that the video will be done, but i've tried out shadows and i've got em to work, they look good when casting on the model, some of them do, but i might just have to disable it because on some models it looks a little odd, it'll probably be an option in the game to put on shadows which i'll put as an option between low, mid and high:

low: only mechs have shadows
medium: mechs and weapons have shadows
high: everything has shadows

the thing is when all the buildings and everything has shadows on, the framerate goes to about 15 from 42 perhaps i will try cast. so far it's looking pretty good though, it may definately be an option

Teaser 01 - 03/01/08 14:47

well, i've got some bad news and some good news, the bad news is that the bloom shader won't make it in the game. The bloom shader won't make it in because there are problems with using the r2t dll in a real project, when the next level is loaded, i can't reset the bloom, so, it's gone, however, bloom will be implemented in our rendered cutscenes.

For the good news, we have a very short teaser for preva:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHP2HTMoh10

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/01/08 18:26

Loosing the bloom effect is 'bad' indeed but I guess the project itself qua
game-play will make up for that Nevertheless, great teaser

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/01/08 20:55

YES, too bad for loosing the bloom shader, but itīs a realy awesome game and the teaser is amazing as well^^

Cheers

Poison

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/01/08 21:33

there has to be a way to fix that issue....
if not, you could always leave it open to the option of adding a patch with bloom later. That way once the game brings in its first $900, that could be used for pro features

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/02/08 15:11

Wow the difference is amazing in your recent work compared to when I last tested it (yes I'm still keeping watch over your project), congrats, it's looking amazing, with a little spit and polish I would call this professional grade work, the cinematics has reached that stage at the least

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/02/08 20:30

@lc: that's the plan, we do plan on doing a graphics update

@trooper119: thanks very much, the cutscenes are really good so far, you guys have no idea, and the music fits the cutscenes very well

@everyone else: we have completely dove into cutscenes and will continue them until we have finished them all, so far they are turning out great, and well, the teaser only shows off cutscenes anyway, some of which won't be in the game, but it kinda shows a little bit of my and mpdev_a's directing styles mixed together, it's turning out great. The website is now being updated more frequently, and hq teaser should be on the preva website soon, if you guys have more questions or suggestions, or just feedback, we're interested in your opinion "but only if it's good " actually we won't have beta stuff yet, but we will be using you beta testers soon, the gameplay is just about done, the ai is done, the menus are being worked on (which is why we haven't given it yet) and some more lod and other things are almost done, the game is coming together.

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/02/08 22:27

Good news, so looking forwards to this, its been an epic and no doubt concludes nicely

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/14/08 14:04

Well, PreVa's getting real close to release (planning on next month) and it's almost time for beta testing (yes your time will come ambe, lc, Trooper119) and don't worry we'll let you tear our game up when we've finished it, but with all cutscenes a full menu and everything, it'll be done, but i'm beating around the bush.

Below is a link to a special thanks to everyone who helped in preva, whether it was models, code etc... please read the post

Oh and if anyone here who are Preva supporters want to be in the list i'd be more than happy to add you

The Special Thanks

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/14/08 16:15

It's really nice for you guys to keep everyone in mind when your making your game. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks for keeping us updated as well as giving us credit even if we did very little.

I won't ask for an eta, because, since I make games myself, those things never seem to pan out right ;p but I'm looking forward to being able to help you guys out in the future, just let me know when I can help

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/15/08 01:32

Beta test! beta test!.. yay! .. eh ... yes .. excuse my childish and rather odd behavior.. but .. beta test! Finally! hehe .. Nice going with the game there, hope it works out for you guys. oh --> EDIT: by the way, how long do you think the game is now? a number in hours ?

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/15/08 02:00

i will say that we are expecting to have it available to beta test (meaning the game is done) by early to mid april (next month)

don't worry trooper119, we'll have a job for you you can tear up the game when we finish it btw did you ever get a6?

thanks ambe for the enthusiasm, the game itself to beat the game once is about 2 hours (if you're rushing, and in easy, if your in realistic, it can take a while), but to unlock things you get points and points is replay value, plus you have 3 (4 including your first mech) different mechs in story mode to choose from so you have to play through at least 3 times to play as the first 3, but there are a few bonus maps to rack up points and unlock mechs, so overall play time to unlock everything would be a couple of days, or longer.

and just in case anyone missed it on the previous page:

The Special Thanks

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/18/08 22:54

Just to answer you question, no I never got A6, I held onto my wallet rather tightly once I heard A7 was near and am now working with that. So your update still won't work for me Just curious (and to do something besides bumping the thread), how do you guys plan on distributing/selling this? Across what mediums (obviously for PC only but across what websites, is it going to stores ect. I still have 0 exp. in this catagory so I'm looking for any input that might help )? It may have been answered previously but I never heard.

Re: Teaser 01 - 03/19/08 03:16

We will be publishing through ItBGames, which we will be using Plimus to sell the game. It's ok that you didn't get A6, you can still test it and give us feedback and bugs

Update - 03/25/08 15:38

Well there haven't been many updates lately, so i decided to post an update:

we've added our higher quality teaser 1 to daily motion, here's the link:
PreVa Teaser 01
also we've added our second teaser:
PreVa Teaser 02
also preva has a myspace page, located here:
PreVa on MySpace
aaaaand if anyone has been curious about how the music sounds here's Temporal Static Studio's myspace (TSS is our composer for our game's music, the myspace has 4 of PreVa's songs on it):
Temporal Static Studios

and for a game update, we've finished cutscenes 2 weeks ago today, they only took us a small amount of time, we are now moving on to our sound work to finish what we started, and voice work should be done this week, so we are on schedule, and the game should be expected soon, and beta testing should start in early april. as previously mentioned, for more updates, check the Manga Page and Preva websites:

Manga Page
PreVa

Re: Update - 03/31/08 05:27

Looking pretty good, keep up the good work, but what's with all the cutsceens? I'd appreciate some gameplay videos as well but, on a second thought, I'd rather you not take any time out of your schedule to do so. Anywho, good luck this upcoming April.

Just curious (again if your busy, this can be ignored) but do you have a running list of features handy that have made it into your game?

Re: Update - 04/01/08 14:50

sorry trooper, for the teasers we just decided to do cutscenes, plus it'll help when you're playing because the story and characters are supposed to drive the game. Don't worry though soon you'll have enough time to play it yourself, considering you are a beta tester and it's almost done. We're just waiting on the soundtrack to be finished and we're finishing up some small things. By the way I really suggest going to TSS' myspace if you are interested in our soundtrack, it'll give you an idea of what kind of music we have, the link (once again) is here: TSS' MySpace Page. There are about 5 of PreVa's songs on this page that you can listen to.

As for the list, I haven't made a full list, but I'll get one for you soon. I will say this though, bloom will NOT be in PreVa, in this release, just wait for the graphics pack and we will have it.

Re: Update - 04/01/08 17:02

hat about a new preva demo??
I really want to play it \:D .

Re: Update - 04/01/08 20:00

Originally Posted By: Poison
hat about a new preva demo??
I really want to play it \:D .

as soon as we are done with the game and beta testing we will compile a demo, just be patient and we will soon enough ;\)

@ beta testers: it may only be about 2 weeks or so before we send you something, but i can't promise anything, it depends on how well the music goes, but we are implementing the last things, overall the coding/models/images should be done soon, here's an estimated percentage meter:

Menu: 99%
Lod: 99%
Music: 45%
Models: 99%
Levels: 95% (or more)
Sounds: 90% (or more)
Unlockables: 99% (just making sure it's all working)
Loading screens: should be 100% by the end of today, if not this week
Cutscenes: 99% (only a couple to add voices to)
Voice work: 50% (all is recorded, it just has to be coded)

Overall: 90%

I can't promise this is a complete list of features, but:

Cutscenes, music, sounds, you know, the basics
12 Story mode levels in which you play as the United Earth Forces to try to stop the Independant Allied Alliance, each story mode level is unlocked in stage select as soon as you finish them
Buy 5 bonus levels in which you play the other side, the IAA, and fight against the UEF
Everything is unlocked using points that you acquire in the story mode as well as bonus levels, the amount of points acquired depends on your ability in each level, the better you play the more points you get
31 mechs to unlock including UEF mechs, Enemy customs and Ace customs as well as 3 special godlike customs
Fight in locations from craters on the moon, to space, to various global locations, each with it's own gravity

I can't promise that that's it, but it should be enough to whet any anime fan's appetite \:\) . Right now we don't have multiplayer or ladder match modes, sadly. We do however promise that we will have these as patches and more in the future, and we will work on more extras for PreVa even after release, like the aforementioned graphics pack and ladder match modes. Let's just say that even when PreVa is released, we plan on adding more in the future, but I won't reveal too much.

Re: Update - 04/02/08 02:37

Very cool, thanks for the update as usual. Best of luck on your sales.

I'm also taking a first full look at your music, I'd have to say I was taken aback considering I was expecting an amateur job and this is professional grade stuff (in my book). Quite honestly the only thing I might complain about is the music is a bit short and I think it might get repetitive after a while, but considering what your game is this is 10x better then I thought it would be.

I looked up Temporal Static Studios and found them online, but I didn't couldn't find any prices, how much did you pay these guys? Unforchanatly I'm broke right now in terms of my gaming budget but I'm always looking for new resources so anything you might recommend would be appreciated.

Re: Update - 04/02/08 04:05

Well actually TSS is kind of starting up now, this game will be their first one to do music with. For more information on them they are in our forum and have their own, and a certain "TooLmaN" is located here. But basically this is their (his) first job. Of course we have a good deal with them (no upfront cost or salary) and I will leave it like that, let's just say we got a nice deal. Needless to say if you need to contact them, go to our forum and from there they have a topic as well as links to their stuff. I'm sure if you needed them to do work for you they'd be very generous to any form of payment, and are easy to get a deal with.

But the thing is we had to direct them alot to get what we have, only a few of the songs turned out "as is", but generally, yea it's good music,...but anyway, just contact them from their forum or ours.

Re: Update - 04/02/08 11:11

The updates you give is like always clear and informing thus makes it easy to follow up the progress \:\) \:\)
Looking forward to the beta ^^

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update - 04/03/08 14:33

no problem frazzle, and thanks very much.

i want to remind anyone that if they wish for their name to be changed/removed/added to our special thanks in the credits please read over the list and post or pm me if you want a different name instead of your forum name, or you believe that you should be added. The post is located here:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=22780&Number=188384#Post188387

Re: Update - 04/03/08 21:37

i like it that you write my mistyped quote in there aswell^^ good job! \:\)

Re: Update - 04/04/08 15:11

For those that are curious, here's a shameless plug: \:\)

Temporal Static Studios Site (only a forums right now)

Temporal Static is a music/audio creation/production/mastering studio.

We specialize in video game soundtracks and sound effects. We have a vast arsenal of auditory-massaging tools to create that "unique" sound you are looking for. From Classical to Electronica to Orchestra, we can create anything you want.

Need vocal work? We have our own vocal recording studio as well. Right now we are only able to perform solo recordings, but we are expanding as needs grow.

Contact us first for all your musical needs and we'll do the rest!

Here is a link to the Original PreVa Soundtrack as it develops.

Re: Update - 04/09/08 17:43

well, good news, although we were thrown a bit behind because of some unfortunate problems, preva is really close to it's final beta stage, all the cutscenes have been added to the game, but due to a small decoding issue we will be spending some time on that. For some good news, the general's between level lines have been added to the game, and i've started on adding the controller's lines, soon we will add the allied pilots lines although it may take some time to add them we do plan on being in full beta by the end of next week, pending there are no problems or slowdowns. The songs that have been finished are also starting to be added to the game, and a big framerate update has been done, now when the framerate is low the game plays in an almost "slowmo" state rather than being jerky, which really helps gameplay alot, so when you are experiencing low framerate, it won't be jerky at all. For more of an update visit http://www.mangapage.net .

Re: Update - 04/10/08 17:13

Thanks for the update, I'll keep watching for the beta. I do have one question though about your previous post. What does UEF mean in your previous posts?

Quote:
31 mechs to unlock including UEF mechs

Considering I love the game Supreme Commander, UEF there stands for United Earth Federation, same thing here or no? lol I just thought it funny that you guys picked the same acronym, (or was that done on purpose???)

Re: Update - 04/10/08 19:06

Indeed thanks for the update \:\) \:\)
Like I mentioned, it's a very clear methode you use on the website to give us users a good amount of information ;\) ;\)

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update - 04/11/08 01:09

thanks frazzle, it's nice to know you visit our websites \:D

@Trooper119: UEF stands for the United Earth Forces the game's opening is displayed on the website, here, which also contains information such as this, here are the abbreviations:

VA: Versatile Armor (the mechs)
IAA: Independant Allied Alliance
UEG: United Earth Government
UEF: United Earth Forces

it is similar, although i've never played SC. If you need to know more just ask \:D

Re: Update - 04/13/08 02:45

ok, here's another small update, a percentage meter for how much has been done atm:

Menu: 99%
Lod: 100%
Music: 45%
Models: 100%
Levels: 95% (or more)
Sounds: 90% (or more)
Unlockables: 100%
Loading screens: 100%
Cutscenes: 99%
Voice work: 99%

Overall: 98%

overall most things are added, except for music, although the music that has been finished has been added already. All cutscenes, voice lines, unlockables, loading screens, cutscenes have been added during the last week, and generally it's done, just a few bugs to work out, music to be done, and then we will start our beta testing. Remember that Beta testing is still open for others to be added. We can add testers up until the beta is released, because this will be a closed beta. We require that you have some experience in at least c-script or modeling/animating. For anyone who is interested you may contact us by:

Our Forum
Our Website
Personal Message

Till the next update, mpdeveloper_B

Re: Update - 04/20/08 11:17

HAH! PROOF THAT CHRIS B'S rtt DLL CAN BE USED BETWEEN LEVELS!

hahah... back to my indoor voice... ? voice?.... anyways..... :P

so... here is level 1:

and here is level 2:

my guess is the bloom shader you are using is what wont go inbetween levels. if i make a more efficient, and better looking shader than this one, that goes in between levels, ill toss it your way :P

Re: Update - 04/20/08 19:35

well, lc, it seems you really want a bloom shader....but sorry, the problem was:

1. the aliasing was horrible, even when using anti aliasing at max
2. you can't reset the camera.bmap, which is a bug we can't risk \:D

we originally had that problem, but at the last minuite it was fixed, but the aliasing and not being able to reset the camera bmap, was enough to scrap it, granted that if we do a pro compile, bloom will be in it, but we have to buy pro first \:D . I will say this though, IF chris fixed those 2 problems, bloom would be implemented.

Re: Update - 04/20/08 19:58

you dont need to reset camera.bmap, you just make a global bmap, thats how i got it to work.

Re: Update - 04/20/08 21:08

ok, lc, we've talked it over, and if you can make a good bloom shader for us we'll accept your deal and if you can fix the aliasing, we'll include the bloom shader. (you'd also get cool points from me and mpdev_a [he didn't say that but i'm speaking for him] :P ) but anyway....we'll accept it, and we'll add it, deal?

all we'd need is a base code and a variable that switches it on and off (bloom_on preferably) and then we'll do it

Re: Update - 04/21/08 00:41

awesome if i can get it to work ill package it up in a simple to add script and send it your way

Re: Update - 04/25/08 04:47

Quick update on the music: The PreVa soundtrack is available for stream at http://music.download.com/temporalstaticstudios . We are nearing completion.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 11:35

great soundtrack I love it \:o

Re: Update - 04/25/08 12:21

One sounds very much like terminator \:D

Re: Update - 04/25/08 13:28

a small update: we have been thrown back about a week, however, things are moving still. Theres just a few small things to finish and we will do our pre-beta test sweep of bugs again and then we'll throw it to our beta testers. All in all it's just about done, we just need to make sure of some things and finish some things before we can give anything to be tested. "I" would like to hear that the beta testers found no bugs, myself, but i would prefer that they tried to break preva in any possible way, "in-game of course". Once again there is no exact release date, it's done when it's done, and that's all i'm saying regarding that, but it will be soon.

edit:

if anyone is interested in the order of music this is it:

Cyberscape Journey
Reclaiming the base
Labran Aftermath
Orbital Engagement
Orbital Sweep
Adrenaline Tap
Ownage Inc
Midnight Calm
Melted Metal
and Kickin Asphalt

this is as close to their in game playlist according to levels and such, so far i myself really enjoy the soundtrack.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 15:10

You realize you guys don't necessarily have to wait until beta to release it, you guys can release it closed in alpha if you want, I promise I won't tell anyone what I see ;\) however I'm guessing that will actually be less convenient, either way just giving my 2 cents.

Also I checked out your music, I've always liked ambiance music for some reason, don't know why, but this is top quality work, congrats \:\)

Keep up the good work.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 15:36

well actually it will be more like "finished" rather than "beta", at the moment it is in late beta, we just want to give you guys a somewhat completed game to test, so that we finish getting all the stuff that we "know" is wrong, and right now you wouldn't like to play until at least one level is finished, it was slow when we tested, and it has to be redone, so we'd prefer to wait until you can play all the way through with level music first, think you can wait that long ;\) ?

Re: Update - 04/25/08 16:35

*goes and pouts in a corner* OOOkayyyy, I guess I'll wait if I gotta
lol, just a suggestion, I kind of figured that's what you guys were doing, which was why I was puzzled when you kept saying beta, technically it still is though so, until then \:\)

Re: Update - 04/25/08 19:23

\:D thanks for the support Trooper119, and yes you are right on both accounts, but just be a bit patient with us, we'd rather get something out that will be "done" rather than a very bad tech demo (hence the "alpha" demo, that we called beta). If any of you guys have questions or suggestions we'll listen to em.

also, lc, if you can give me an update on the bloom shader, and how it's going.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 20:49

As you probably already know, I'm one of the many people who have been following this thread with a lot of interest. Now I just had another look at the latest trailers on myspace(with the cutscenes) and I suddenly realised that this game is even smoother than I realised before. Needless to say I am really looking forward to the release!

cartoon_baboon

Re: Update - 04/25/08 21:17

well as far as the bloom shader goes, i wont have it done until monday, as i have no access to my office computer until then since im out of state right now, but on monday i should have it uploaded, since its pretty much already done, i just need to do some optimizations.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 21:59

well, i have time to wait until monday, that's absolutely no problem. If it were something like the middle of next month, we'd have a problem with adding it, but since it will be here this soon there is nothing wrong. I'm looking forward to what you have pulled off, is everything working?

@cartoon_babbon: cool, and thanks very much your kind words are appreciated.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 22:24

mdeveloper_b everything has been working since my last screenshot. the issue i believe that chrisb's version had is 2 things
1. his overlayed render probably affected the whole screen. being that the quad overlaying the screen has to have a skin that is a power of two square, there is always some stretching. since the non blurred parts were still prolly visible, that stretching probably made aliasing noticable, couple that with only a couple of tex2d lookups (which in his defense is for speed reasons) it probably made a funny looking blur.

2. the level issue is probably due to an object that gets purged at the end of a level being set as the .bmap, this is the wrong way to do it. it should be set to a global bmap that is never purged, that way it stays inbetween levels.

all this into consideration there is not a problem pulling off bloom with that plugin.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 23:02

and?

1. you can remove the aliasing problem if anti aliasing is being used (via the video card's settings)
2. you can reset the bmap meaning that you can disable the bloom and all effects

Re: Update - 04/25/08 23:13

1. the aliasing problem can be fixed simply by making the unbloomed parts invisible, and making the bloomed parts very blurred.

2. you never have to "reset" the bmap, you just keep the same global bmap thruout the game, and if you want to turn bloom off you just make the quad invis. I might have to double check to see if that part works properly, but even if it did there is still a way around it. i gaurentee it.

Re: Update - 04/25/08 23:53

for the aliasing, the bloom shader does this automatically, or no? I myself have no way of doing it if it weren't.

Re: Update - 04/26/08 00:02

the aliasing was caused by a low res picture of the seen being partially transparent but visible over top of the seen, with the right shader, this wont be an issue. if you want to get an example of whats happening, take a picture of the engine running at 1024x768, then another screenshot with it at 640x480, take the second one and put it over the otherone in your favorite image editing program, make it partially transparent, and you'll see the same effect.

Re: Update - 04/26/08 00:19

:P i figured as much, but i tried making the source bmap bigger, to only get a FPS drop something serious. I'm looking forward to the shader in all honesty, i would like to see what you can pull off.

edit: by the way, i was just looking back at all the stuff we showed you guys in the past, and i honestly thing that you will be very surprised with how the game has really changed from the first screens and the demo. I apologize that we haven't shown more, or posted screen shots, but i believe that our beta testers will be able to give a better report... now that i think about it i'd love to show you guys everything...but i guess it will have to wait \:D

Re: Update - 04/26/08 02:24

Yeah it gets that way a bit, wanting to show all but knowing thats a no no \:\)
Looking forwars to the reports, keep up tha good work \:\)

Re: Update - 04/26/08 14:05

No need to apologize, it's your project and you determine the rules ;\) ;\)
But I would LOVE some new screens indeed \:D \:D

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update - 04/28/08 19:06

@lostclimate: any update on the shader?

Re: Update - 04/28/08 22:22

just tweaking it, and making it into a module so that you have low effort putting it in.

Re: Update - 04/28/08 23:08

do you know when you will be finishing it?

Re: Update - 04/29/08 01:51

either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Re: Update - 04/29/08 19:41

any news?

Re: Update - 04/29/08 23:28

well every thing is set up... except....

I cant get the view quadrant to overlay the image properly...meaning..

it looks liek crap for a bit

Re: Update - 04/29/08 23:48

if you can find a way to get a script a perfectly aligned quad, that will render a view right, can put that in and its done.

Re: Update - 04/30/08 00:11

@lc: hmmm...well it's always the unexpected that are the problem :P anyway, it seems like it may take a while to fix it, i'll stay in touch with you in pm about it.

@all: We are just about done now, we just have 2 or 3 things to finish, and then we are waiting for the game music, which is nearing completion (only about 6-7 levels to go) and then we'll be sending to our testers. So far there are no bugs that have gone unfixed, but you never know...

I would like to remind everyone that if anyone is trying to become a beta tester, the time is now because as soon as testing has begun, we will no longer being accepting them, and as we said in the first few posts:

Originally Posted By: me
...All beta testers get a free copy of the game, and credit for their work...

We will accept a maximum of 10 testers, and so far they are as follows:

1. lostclimate
2. Trooper119
3. ambe

You must have some experience with c-script and 3DGS in order to join, and you must be willing to try and break our game by any means possible without changing the original code to do so ( \:D ). You will be required to give full reports on any bug (how it happened, what was going on, the error, maybe a screenshot)... You will also be required to play all the way through, meaning that you have unlocked all mechs and played all levels. We will have an NDA per person signed right before testing begins.

Anyway, it really is close, i expect it to be done soon, because me and mpdev_a are just about 100%, for a percentage meter:

Menu: 100% (unless bloom is added, then it's 99.9% done)
In-Game Music: 55%
Cutscene Music: 10%
Levels: 100%
Sounds: 100%
Cutscenes: 99% (still have to be re-encoded and music for a few)
Voice work: 100% (just a few things need to be changed)

Overall: 99%

the reason this took so long is we had a few problems, but they have been fixed, and as a result one of our non-destructable levels became destructable, at a better FPS than before, but anyway, overall is is on the edge of being done, as you can see just music and a few really small things to be done, so by the end of this week we will be done and waiting for music, which has been going great lately i might add.

Re: Update - 04/30/08 01:15

All I have to say is wow, thanks in advance, I had no idea you gave that post saying you'd give the game to anyone who brakes it (sorry did I say brake, I meant test ;p). Very cool, I figure if I turn on FRAPS it shouldn't be a problem with documenting most of the bugs. Don't worry about us not finding stuff, you'll learn to hate us soon after it's released. (Also be careful with that advertisement or you might get a flood of testers rather quickly). I'll keep checking this post every couple days or so, so please continue with the good work \:\)

Re: Update - 04/30/08 02:03

Originally Posted By: Trooper119
I'll keep checking this post every couple days or so, so please continue with the good work \:\)

thanks, i'll try to update more often, no screens, but i will go into as much detail as i can, and like i said before, any questions?

(Also be careful with that advertisement or you might get a flood of testers rather quickly)

yea, we know that that may bring them in, i mean wouldn't you test any game if you got it for free especially if it cost ~$20? \:D \:D \:D

Don't worry about us not finding stuff, you'll learn to hate us soon after it's released.

You will try (to find bugs), you may succeed but i doubt you will find so many that we hate you \:D .

Overall, your job is to brake it \:\) we want you to, we'd rather deal with them now than have it out and go "aaaah crap about 10 people posted in MP forum with bugs". Basically, we'll have a topic in MP forum which will be for beta testing, which we'll expect at least every other day updates if possible so that we can check on your progress, even if it's just a "i didn't play today".

But that's enough info about that, any questions?

@everyone: if you have questions about beta testing just pm me.

Re: Update - 04/30/08 13:17

Quote:
Menu: 100% (unless bloom is added, then it's 99.9% done)
In-Game Music: 55%
Cutscene Music: 10%
Levels: 100%
Sounds: 100%
Cutscenes: 99% (still have to be re-encoded and music for a few)
Voice work: 100% (just a few things need to be changed)

Overall: 99%

If I calculate an un-weighed arithmetic average then I get about 88 percent for the overall.

But maybe your weight for music is very low.

But, nevermind, finish this thing! \:\)

Re: Update - 04/30/08 13:47

no, it's that music, in the overall project, takes the least time. The music is really good and makes up alot of the game's experience, i just rated it that way to include the overall time frame of things as well.

It's nice to know you're also watching frank \:D and thanks, we'll try

Re: Update - 05/01/08 10:36

hmm i really like to play it...
what do you think how much time it would take for beta testing since i aint got a lot?
if it isn't too long i'd like to join the beta tester \:\)

Re: Update - 05/01/08 14:16

i don't expect it to be long, but it all depends on how many bugs are found, and how long it takes everyone to unlock everything and play as everyone, there are 31 total mechs and 17 levels, so it might take about a week or two.

Also aztec has joined our beta testers:

1. lostclimate
2. Trooper119
3. ambe
4. aztec

Re: Update - 05/01/08 15:15

id like to beta test 1998 aswell^^

Re: Update - 05/01/08 17:05

Me tooo^^,pls!!
I love Preva and I want to be 1 of the beta-testers!! \:D

Re: Update - 05/01/08 18:36

We are now working on our credits, so the special thanks name changes are now final. I have sent pms to all who have posted to be a beta tester, after answering the questions you will be accepted or declined as a tester.

Re: Update - 05/01/08 19:49

update on beta testers:

1. lostclimate
2. Trooper119
3. ambe
4. aztec
5. Puppeteer
6. TooLmaN
7. Poison

Re: Update - 05/02/08 19:01

@lostclimate: i need an update on how the shader is going, you will have until the end of the beta test period.

@testers: we will be sending out for testing either next week or the week after, whether the music is done or not, we need to go ahead and start testing. Beta testing will go on for 2 weeks, all rules and regulations will be given out before you recieve the game, as well as a contract.

anyone wanting to join the testers, we are closing it soon, if you wish to join you have to confirm questions given to you in pm, and reply soon.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Update - 05/02/08 19:08

i wish i could join testing but i have some exams on the weeks that the game should be tested \:\(

Re: Update - 05/04/08 01:09

it's np, and sorry, you've been very supportive and i'm glad you expressed interest \:\)

Re: Update - 05/08/08 01:14

Quick update on the music:

All of the story mode level music is complete! You can check out the streams at Download.com and at GarageBand.

Temporal Static Studios

Re: Update - 05/08/08 04:40

Great to hear. \:D

Re: Update - 05/08/08 14:17

aztec has pulled out of the beta testing for personal reasons. We have decided to close the testing slots. Remember that we will be sending out this week and testing will go on for 2 weeks from that point.

1. lostclimate
2. Trooper119
3. ambe
4. Puppeteer
5. TooLmaN
6. Poison

Re: Update - 05/08/08 16:35

Just wanted to clarify something "this week" as in out by Sunday? or week as in 7 days from your post?

Re: Update - 05/08/08 17:08

possibly tomorrow

Re: Update - 05/08/08 17:28

Originally Posted By: mpdeveloper_B
possibly tomorrow

....YAYYYYYY \:D

Re: Update - 05/08/08 18:36

Sorry that I replied this late to the request in the search for beta testers but I wouldn't have had the time such as Quadraxas ;\) ;\) I ensure you that I would have done it if I simply had got the time \:\) \:\)
I think good beta tester are those who can play the game over and over with the right amount of time !!
Pray yourselves lukely beta testers ^^

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Update - 05/08/08 23:44

ok, just because you're frazzle we'll let you in, you've been extremely supportive. i also think you wanted to test the tech demo before and never got the chance, so we'll make an exception, but it is officially closed now:

1. lostclimate
2. Trooper119
3. ambe
4. Puppeteer
5. TooLmaN
6. Poison
7. Frazzle

Also, all testers must read this:

tomorrow we will be sending each of you a NDA to sign, we need you to sign them before monday, because we will be sending out the game then, so the testing will be from 5-12-08 till 5-26-08 all testers must sign with your full name, and if you fail to sign before monday, or fail to sign with your name then you will be removed from the testers. If you have another email address other than the one registered on this forum and would like me to send it there, please pm me with the email address.

Re: Update - 05/09/08 13:29

Originally Posted By: mpdeveloper_B
so the testing will be from 4-12-08 till 4-26-08

häh? did you mean 5-12-08 till 5-26-08??

Re: Update - 05/09/08 13:54

lol oops, yes xD XD

in the next hour we will be sending the NDAs to everyone

Re: Update - 05/09/08 15:15

Contracts are sent out, everyone must read both emails, and in case you didn't receive it in your main folder check your spam folders as well.

Re: Update - 05/09/08 15:33

I just got it .. that is some document you got there, did you contact a lawyer or something ?

Re: Update - 05/09/08 15:48

no, it's just a basic beta tester contract \:\) a really good one

Re: Update - 05/09/08 15:48

should i get out my drawing pad and sign for real or just write my name?

Re: Update - 05/09/08 15:50

Either is fine it's just a precaution

Re: Update - 05/09/08 16:38

I'm pretty sure I hid my email from the general public, I'll PM you with the email you can send it to

Re: Update - 05/09/08 17:45

it's been sent to the one that was registered in MP forum, i sent a reply

Re: Update - 05/09/08 19:19

Hmmm..sry but i canīt apply to this forum if I send my registration than there is coming an error why??

Re: Update - 05/09/08 20:04

@ mpdeveloper_B:

You're too kind \:\) \:\)
But like I mentioned, I have too little time to fully concentrate me on the project in the search for bugs and improvements. Sorry if my post seemed confusion ;\) ;\) I would have done it but I simply don't have the right amount of time ^^
You can contact another user now to have a complete list of beta testers ^^

Thanks in progress

Frazzle

Re: Update - 05/09/08 20:19

no it's ok frazzle, i'll remove you from the list

1. lostclimate
2. Trooper119
3. ambe
4. Puppeteer
5. TooLmaN
6. Poison

Re: Update - 05/10/08 15:47

The beta has been sent to those that have agreed to the NDA and followed instructions, i recommend that you all read through the email, and beta testing doesn't begin until monday, however, you may go ahead and start testing.

edit: please post in the beta forum to verify you recieved everything

Re: Update - 05/11/08 14:22

I would like to remind the rest of the beta testers that you must sign the NDA before monday and agree to the terms before we will send you the beta. If you do not accept the terms before monday then you will be removed from the testing. So far the ones that have agreed are:

ambe
Trooper119
TooLmaN
Poison

Re: Update - 05/12/08 14:20

we will be taking the beta off the website tomorrow at 12PM EST, our beta testers will have until then to sign their NDAs, as previously stated, the ones who don't sign their NDAs will not be given the beta, and will be removed from testing

Re: Update - 05/13/08 02:00

ok, list of people beta testing (in 3DGS forum) has been updated, lostclimate just replied to the NDA and is receiving his copy. We have decided to keep the beta up until the end of the testing period so that our last beta tester can get his, here's the updated list of those who have signed:

ambe
Trooper119
TooLmaN
Poison
lostclimate

also, to everyone else: things are going smoothly in the beta testing, alot of bugs have been fixed and we believe it may not take as long as we thought.

Re: Update - 05/17/08 02:57

so far things are going well, about all bugs are fixed, all that have been found anyway, and we think that we will be done before the 26th. All in all it's going great.

Re: Update - 06/07/08 19:20

We are finally done and it's been released. We got the demo out now as well. Now on to the next game.

PreVa's Webpage
Posted By: maglat

Re: Update - 06/07/08 21:26

very nice page. congratulation for finishing the game. I will test it now.
Wooow the demo is 650mb big.

Re: Update - 06/08/08 02:00

The official Trailer is now up too:

Watch It
Posted By: TWO

Re: Update - 06/08/08 07:35

Wow, the space screens look very cool smile Needless to say that the rest looks nice too.

Re: Update - 06/08/08 09:57

Congratulations on finishing the game. Am downlaoding the demo right now. You should start a post in the gallery section!

One little bit of advice, I'd redo the website to make it look more pro so as to maximise your sales.

Anyway look forward to playing the demo. When I get the money I'll be buying this game for sure.

cartoon_baboon

Re: Update - 06/08/08 18:36

Hard work and dedication is what made PreVa, great result smile smile
I enjoyed the trailer very much, it's a good mix of story interaction and gameplay aspects wink wink
I hope you get good sale records smile smile !!

Cheers and congratz

Frazzle

Re: Update - 06/08/08 18:42

thanks guys, and as always frazzle you're very supportive. It's nice to know that you really want the game cartoon_baboon laugh

Re: Update - 06/10/08 00:34

The demo was amazing, very polished! You guys have worked hard smile

Re: Update - 06/10/08 04:21

thanks david, or are you just saying that? laugh

Re: Update - 06/10/08 08:21

I've been playing the demo (got till the level after the transporters in space level) and have to say it's a lot of fun and very pro work!

The combat system is simple but works very well. Enemies are pretty smart and show varied behaviour. The levels are varied and the cutscenes add a lot to the experience.

Now I wonder what your next production's going to be?

Re: Update - 06/16/08 17:59

laugh we'll share that when it's near completion

Re: Update - 06/16/08 21:03

More PreVa News:

although it still has to be updated, PreVa is now on GameSpot:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/preva/index.html

Re: Update - 06/18/08 04:22

PreVa's demo and Buy now has been down for some time now, but it will be back up within a day or two.

Re: Update - 06/25/08 06:14

PreVa's demo and purchase links are now back up.

Re: Update - 06/25/08 14:27

hows the sales going so far?

Re: Update - 06/26/08 01:42

Good so far, can't give specifics, but it's going well. smile
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Update - 07/05/08 13:00

I played a few times the demo and I must say... this is real and cool fun.
Even if the graphics are not up to date, but this is one of the coolest 3dgs titles, I ever played.

There is only one reason, why I still do not want to buy it.
I missed the female board computer voice like in mechwarrior 2.

Pleeeaaassse add this feature.
Just some informations about the planet, just some informations about critical situations of my mech and finally just some sexy "mission acomplished" or
sad "mission failed".

Anyway - congratulations for a very cool mech work.

Re: Update - 07/06/08 03:09

:P I'm not sure about that alpha_strike ^^' . Maybe in a mod or something though laugh .

Re: Update - 07/22/08 21:24

Price has been dropped to $9.95;

PreVa on Game du Jour - 12/03/08 21:29

I'm not sure if I can post this here but I thought some of you might like to know PreVa going on sell for 24hrs on Game du Jour for $3.98 on Dec 17th. That's 60% off. Here's the site: www.gamedujour.com/4311-preva

If I can't then Mod please just delete this post.
© 2024 lite-C Forums