Horse

Posted By: Andvari

Horse - 01/18/07 20:26

Another model for the Robin Hood pack

1030 polys and a single 512x512 skin

Posted By: Steempipe

Re: Horse - 01/18/07 20:45

Most excellent work.

To me, the horse has an evil expression~ maybe thats what you want. If not, I think it may have to do with the placement of the eyes in that they are not more parallel to the ground.
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Horse - 01/18/07 20:52

Yeah! Funny. Evil horse The eyes have the typical evil eye form. But the only critics from my side are, its not anatomically correct. I bet I canīt say if itīs a female or male horse. And the belly looks too thin. But maybe I only know "fat" horses. In my brain a horse has huge lungs. And thus a huge "belly". Realy round. Of you look frontal it goes more outside as the shoulders. But as I said, maybe that is because I have seen more huge horses in my life as thin.

Here you see what I mean: http://7art-screensavers.com/screenshots/Graceful_Horses/horse-and-little-horse.jpg

But I am not sure if this is just a kind of horses.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Horse - 01/18/07 20:56

Yes, the Horse is a little bit to thin...
But all in all good work!

Omega
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: Horse - 01/18/07 21:46

No. The horse is not too thin. The problem seems to be that his "chest" (rib cage) does not go back (toward his stomach) far enough:

The head looks a tad small and the eyes are certainly not correct for a "normal" horse. Also, the front legs on the model look too thick from the front view:

As powerful as horses' legs are they are thin ... only bone and muscle, which is conforms tightly to the bone.

Re: Horse - 01/18/07 21:50

Well, maybe youre right, but theres something that looks a little bit strange, i dont know what it is, but its just a little detail...

Re: Horse - 01/18/07 21:53

i think its the barrel (5) it should be a little bit bigger -> ()
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Horse - 01/18/07 23:36

EPONA!!!

lol

nice work man how long does it take you at average to make these kind of models ?

regards,
Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Re: Horse - 01/19/07 03:13

"Don't anger evil horse or it will kill you." I think it looks good but the legs do need so work.
Posted By: ello

Re: Horse - 01/19/07 07:38

really nice! like always stunning work from the master
Posted By: sinnlos

Re: Horse - 01/19/07 07:49

yeehaw... another cool model from andvari. you are not only good in modeling and skinning, u seem to be pretty fast also.

i second that comment from steempipe... the horse looks a bit pissed off, but maybe he just didn't get any hay this morning.

some very nice reference-pics u got there Dan Silverman.

cheerio
Posted By: maybenew

Re: Horse - 01/19/07 10:52

just looks great!
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Horse - 01/19/07 17:00

I just saved those great pics so that they'll help me when I need horses in my game!

Very good model.
Posted By: JimFox

Re: Horse - 01/19/07 17:22

I agree that the work is great. I also agree that the legs and hooves need a bit of work. The legs look heavy, giving a draft horse appearance. Perhaps that is the look you want, but if not, they should be thinner. The hooves look like a mad farrier ground the toes off. Check the reference photos. But still.... very nice!!
Regards,

Re: Horse - 01/19/07 17:37

First of all, thanks everyone for the feedback

Dan: Thanks a lot for the reference pictures and the constructive criticisms, the front shot of the horse legs was really helpful.

Dennis: It takes me about 3-4 days to have a character fully textured and rigged

Re: Horse - 01/31/07 01:10

just made a gallop animation for the horse

http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=caballitodo1.swf

enjoy !
Posted By: ello

Re: Horse - 01/31/07 07:25

very nice and organic movement!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Horse - 01/31/07 09:10

Very good animation!

mercuryus
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Horse - 01/31/07 14:31

Ohhhh so smooth.. I could watch it for hours!
Posted By: Slin

Re: Horse - 01/31/07 15:15

At such a speed, the ears should turn a bit backwards and the head is too high in the air. Usually the back is moving a bit more up and down. The tact doesnīt seem right either...

But the animation is amazing.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Horse - 01/31/07 16:29

Lol... I've got a horse pretty much done, and ready for bone animation. But I could never get it to look that great... you don't want to animate mine too, do you? ...
nah, jk... great work man! I could never have done that good!!

Micha
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Horse - 01/31/07 17:49

very nice model and animation, although the legs need a small bit of work, it's nice indeed
© 2024 lite-C Forums