Dark Mystiks

Posted By: Poison

Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 09:56

I´m working on a Game that names "Dark Mystiks" but thats WIP so I show you Screenshots later !!!
Posted By: Core

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 09:57

Ja es ist bestimt ein bomben game
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 10:00

@Gentek:
Quote:

When posting:

* Please post screenshots, videos or downloadable demos. By posting screenshots or videos of Gamestudio projects, you agree that Conitec may use them for advertising purposes, for instance in the GameStudio gallery. If you don't want this, please mention this when posting.
* This is a moderated forum - your entry may be moved to a different forum if there is a more appropriate one, or deleted if it does not meet the guidelines.
* Only one thread per project, unless there have been major changes.
* When posting your work here, you expose it to criticism. If you are easily offended by negative opinions, don't post. When criticizing other peoples's work, don't forget: even making a bad game is a very hard and difficult task.

Quoted: Romac
Source: http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/486180/an/0/page/0#Post486180

My own opinion:
If you don't have anything to show, don't post.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 10:02

whats the whole point of this topic?

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 10:04

OK,OK I anderstand sorry I show you some Sreenshots:
its an elf ear:

Posted By: achaziel

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 14:17

i have nothing else to say than....

LOL!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 14:19

This definitly can become the best game made with Gamestudio ever!
Posted By: ulf

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 14:35

OMG they killed legolas!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 14:43

just kidnapped - buy the game and he will set free
Posted By: DoC

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 15:11

good start for madness...
Posted By: jigalypuff

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 16:31

Quote:

OMG they killed legolas!

you bastards
lmao,
if your gonna announce a game wip then a bit more than one ear for screenies might be a good idea

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 17:06

If you don´t can read than dont post i sayed that im working on the game
Posted By: aztec

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 17:16

Quote:

If you don´t can read than dont post i sayed that im working on the game

of course we can read but we got
no informations and jus ta screenshot of an ear what does this tell us?
Will this game be something about ears or what?
Posted By: TWO

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 17:27

HNO-Games ROCK!

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 17:52

Thats ma first game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you must understand that I´m not a developer like the other people in this forum!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: FBL

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 17:54

lol?
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 17:55

Quote:

Thats ma first game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not a game, that's a model of an ear. Did you make some levels or gameplay yet? Good luck, but like said by others if you don't have anything to show, better wait until you do have something to show,

Cheers
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 18:04

What's wrong with posting an ear, while others open a thread showing a pistol or gun?

(Please, don't tell me, he posted he started a game etc. - I've read that. Finally he posted at least a pic of an ear in Showcase I. And IMO there's nothing to complain about the ear, its not even too highpoly! )

Keep it up!
And show us more progesses!

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 18:22

OK Thank you I´m thinking about this
Posted By: Damarus

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 19:58

Quote:

What's wrong with posting an ear, while others open a thread showing a pistol or gun?

well there is nothing wrong with showing a model as a wip in showcase 1 but he should have changed the title to "my first model" or something cause when you read title which says something about a game then you probably expect something like a game or at least a level or something.

@Gentek

even though its just an ear it actually does look good keep up the work
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 20:01

maybe im just an ear noob, but shouldn't the spike go to the other direction? The head would look to the right, as far as i can see it from the head, right? Then the spikes would go forward :x
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 20:22

good work so far. But make the ear a little bit greener and improve it by using mipmaps and normalmaps!
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 20:26

@ Kiyaku

Quote:

maybe im just an ear noob, but shouldn't the spike go to the other direction? The head would look to the right, as far as i can see it from the head, right? Then the spikes would go forward :x

Maybe it's a new kind of elf creature

@ Gentek

Well first of all, I'm not going to be 'rude' like some others did which I think they didn't ment to be rude in the first place, don't take it too personal, we guys at the forum like to have a laugh once and a while But we can be serious too.
Now to the serious comment, the ears are giving me the impression that you're knowing what you're doing when it comes to organic modeling on a head, so far so good so keep up the pace
Next time a video or some pictures would make your topic and game alot more attractive

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 20:27

Yes Gentec, show us a video of the ear. This would be very cool!
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 20:32

Quote:

Yes Gentec, show us a video of the ear. This would be very cool!

Was that an ironic reply at my post
No serious, give the guy a break, he's new so he's learing new stuff like we all once needed in the beginning here and I think we all are learing something everyday, maybe not all the time about 3DGS but something else on an educational theme and etc.

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 21:04

That thread made me interested indeed I wonder if there is some more information except the project name and the ear model
Posted By: Towelie

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 22:13

Am I the only one that feels this ear (which seems to be setting off some sort of revolution) looks way too high polygonal?

Not to mention the fact that it looks as it it was a regular ear that had a point taken, pulled upward, then subdivided a few times. A real elf ear would have it seemingly indented in that extrusion, like the rest of the ear. Like this:

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 22:19

no i was thinking the same about that. Looks like you can model a whole human out of the polygons for this ear...
and yes, to me it looks like someone was in hurry to post a picture, so he just cut off an ear from a model, and drag one vertex to form a elven ear (which also goes into the wrong direction)
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 22:20

A mod should close this thread and the original user should open another one. Anyone that smarts off again in that thread should get a temp ban. This thread is embarrassing, and Conitec should be embarrassed. If I was a potential customer and saw this, I'd run the other way.

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 23:19

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with it and you are right, but a lot of those weapon model-only threads end up being nothing but a model showcase. Let's just say it's complicated when it comes to liking what's been shown and approving the existence of those threads. I don't necessarily dislike this model ear shown here either, although it has some flaws.

I basically just was hoping to see some more games-in-progress here, not models.

Cheers
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 23:40

well he says hes making a game, now a game being made post expects a lot more than one of the smallest parts of the whole game. litterally. If he was showing of his ear model, then he should have posted it [wip]ear model
Posted By: FBL

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/02/07 23:42

elfen ears are the gayest invention ever.... CUT EM ALL OFF!!

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 07:49

OK Thank you
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 09:54

Quote:

elfen ears are the gayest invention ever.... CUT EM ALL OFF!!

Quote for Truth

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 10:29

Maybe its true that elfears are gay , but they are important for elfs and adventure games.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 16:59

I think the face and body is more important than one ear though...

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 17:13

I know i´m working on the head at the last time.
And the body is my 2nd work for this time.
Posted By: MadMark

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 19:09

Forgetting the ear for a moment...

Have you written a storyline? From the title I am guessing this will be a Middle Earth or medieval RPG. Where does the game take place?

What sort of mechanics are you going to use? Will there be magic and sword play? What about archery? Anything new and different, like catapults and such?

Will you play a single character, or command an army?

Are you handling all of the development yourself, or are you looking for a team?

Now, back to the ever-popular ear. Got any meat behind that old ear yet? As you can tell from the friendly responses people here are expecting a certain level of detail before they see a post announcing something new to look at. Don't take it personal, and just try to learn from the experience. I remmeber my first post. I came off pretty cocky and put my foot straight into my mouth. I've developed a taste for my own foot.

Cheers, and good luck with the game.
Mark

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 19:43

Quote:

Maybe its true that elfears are gay

Whazup?!?
Why are elfears gay? Never read such a nonsense. I think, green Elfears are very cool! Is it an ear of a female elf? I love female elfs.

Have a look on these models of geo-metricks. Not very expensive and maybe very helpful for your game.

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 19:54

lol? why is the warlock, guard and the witch there for selling? There are included in 3dgs...
Posted By: Gandalf

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 20:29

And berzeka is in Morrowind serie. But you have to pay the right for uses in
your game.
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 20:40

Blue Velvet started with an ear and it was a great movie

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 20:58

19 September 1986, need I say more?? Heheheh, just kidding,

Cheers
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/03/07 21:26

omg what are you trying to say, Phemox?!!? hahaha This gives me an idea for a new game, Earwax Tycoon

the zombie guy looks like he shops at the gap

Re: Dark Mystiks - 06/04/07 09:10

I closed this topic. Come back with real showcase I material next time Endless fun discussions can be hold in differend post.

Realspawn out.

© 2024 lite-C Forums