House (modern style)

Posted By: bredebrothers

House (modern style) - 07/10/07 15:34

Hello, it´s been a long time, since we´ve posted anything here on the forums...but yes, we´re still alive and made some little things, mostly in modelling.
These are 3 shots of a house built with MED, so the shots are from MED too.
It was made for an arts- project. The original is a demo, but to big to upload, so you can not see the detail but you get the overall look of the house

Posted By: frazzle

Re: House (modern style) - 07/10/07 16:02

Nice house, the form is like you mentioned quite artistic and the texturing is good and fits the style of the house
Keep up the creative work

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: House (modern style) - 07/10/07 17:58

very interesting. I wonder how the planet looks where this house is standing.

Re: House (modern style) - 07/10/07 18:30

thanks for your comments

@EX Citer
maybe on the moon or mars...or on earth in a post-apocalyptic scene

edit: we made also some other houses (destroyed, ww2 style) for an other arts project, if there is enough interest, we can show some pictures and give the models (they are not as big as this one, so you can use them in your games) away for free
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: House (modern style) - 07/10/07 22:23

Man that needs a lot of work , it's just some strange shape with a green texture on it, how is that a modern house ? It doesnt even look like you tried , or make any sense at all.
Posted By: DLively

Re: House (modern style) - 07/11/07 05:03

Owch Why_do_I_die... thats a bit harsh... I sppose its all opinion, but it does look as if a great deal of effort was put into this house... and it does have a very artsy look to it, so it would be a strange shape... but to be honest, its not very modern.. not where i live anyway

overall, i like it. I have a taste for art, and i rather like this house. keep up the good work.

Devon.
Posted By: RruthH

Re: House (modern style) - 07/11/07 07:19

Cool Model... O_O

Reminds me of "The Fly" but I dunno why.
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: House (modern style) - 07/11/07 20:19

Maby futuristic, but not modern

Quote:

Man that needs a lot of work , it's just some strange shape with a green texture on it, how is that a modern house ? It doesnt even look like you tried , or make any sense at all.

Maby you should take a look at some older games,like The Neverhood.("Strange") As for the 'like you tried',designing 'strange'(called abstract) houses and games is harder than the usual games,because you see ordinary houses every day. You know how each one of them looks. Try making something like that yourself,that wont look like junk.

PS.: I like the house,not my style,but would fit a shooter or RTS
Posted By: HeelX

Re: House (modern style) - 07/11/07 21:26

Looks like a SEGA model, because it seems that SEGA never makes mipmaps ^^

just kidding... nice work
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: House (modern style) - 07/11/07 22:09

Abstract or not , i'm just saying the model is very simple , I could make that in around 5 min , I imagine if the the textures had more detail it could be better , but in it's current state its very simple and basic , however I have no idea of how long the poster has been using gamestudio , so if it's a noob then it's not bad , just needs a bit more detail , I would sujjest researching on the net for futuristic stuff , or in movies , get a better idea of what ur going for, just my thoughts.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: House (modern style) - 07/11/07 22:28

It looks like it's about to collapse any minute now under it's own weight, since there's no support for the upper floor part on the right. The textures are a tad too much the same and the house has some weird unused space on the "roof". Overall there are indeed some spots that need some work. It's cool to design more abstract houses, but it wasn't instantly obvious to me at all that this was a house, that's a bad thing. (it looks more like a factory, but with an odd scale)

Btw I'd be interested to see this demo, can't you upload it to one of those uuhm upload sites??

Cheers

Re: House - 07/12/07 08:35

Yes, its more futuristic than modern style, at this point you are right, but it is not a simple shape. The texture is very detailed but if you have read the text above, you would know that these shots are taken in MED with a low resolution.
The same goes to the mip maps. They are activated for each texture.

it was the goal to create a futuristic (or modern, as we called it ) house.
Btw here are some shots of the WW2 style houses.
@why_do_I_die or whatever, maybe you rather concentrate on making your games than offending others (like in the Morbius ) You have your opinion we respect that
© 2024 lite-C Forums