Old Zombie mocup

Posted By: Gafgar

Old Zombie mocup - 08/16/07 20:38

First I must apologise for my bad English, and here follows my post…

Hi all!
Long time no see! ^^... or something...

I have not been posting in this forum for a long time, and I have not been working with 3dgs either, but when I was cleaning my computer some days ago I found an old zombie survival test game I maid, and I have been adding some small details and fixing some small bugs sins then. Now I am going to just finish building the level and implement a high score system, and maybe some options. After that I will relies the game here and some day after that, i will clean up the REALLY messy code (not cleaned totally, but a little) I will relies all work files for free usage, and hope that maybe some one can make a new level and maybe some better looking models

As I mentioned before the... the graphics are nothing I am proud of ... I have just thrown away a day or something on all the models and all animations...
So don't judge the game from the images, and to mention... the code was never meant to be used in a real project, so it is not optimized at all. I just think it is better to give it away then throw it away.

The things included in the game are:
- Player that can fight and die.
- climbing system
- hit locations and reactions
- massive damage system, where really damaged enemies kneels for a while and extremely damaged enemies gets blown away through the air(if survives it will rice)
- 2 different weapons, and ammo system.
- 2 different reload systems for the weapons.
- grenades.
- third person bone controlled aiming.
- different materials with different bullet holes and sounds.
- very simple zombie AI that can climb and use etch other to climb on(the last mentioned is not that nice looking ;D)
- health packs (Yah! thats so hard to fix! ^^)
- a more advanced power up spawning system.
- flares/halos
- simple simulated physics (used on the cans placed around the level)
- smooth camera system
- and maybe something more that i forgot to mention ^^

Here follows some screen shots and a small description of what’s happening on them.

Here you can see the player climbing a box.

-----------------------------------------------

On this image the player has climbed up on a container to flee the following zombies.

Here the player is climbing directly over a thin wall

*EDITED*

Earlier I wrote that I had more images and was going to upload the later because imageshack was not working for the moment, now it is working and here are the images.

The player is aiming at some zombies that are on there way over a small wall.

The player has just shot the zombie in his wrist witch forces him to kneel.

Here is the player reloading the shotgun.

A grenade has just exploded and one zombie is thrown away.

*/EDITED*

This is all for now, pleas feel free to comment and ask questions! (as long ass its not about the splendid graphics ^^)

If you are quick and have an suggestion on something to add to the game I may add it before releasing the code include it.

I am using a tree model and some textures that I have not maid my self... i think them all where something from some free packages but I am not 100% on that. so pleas tell me if you recognize something that shouldn't bee there.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/16/07 21:50

looks promising!!!!

I would like to play it to get an idea of the AI!

Cool work, mercuryus
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/16/07 22:08

hoi gafgar! hur mår du?

looks great, post a link so I can download it =)

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/16/07 22:47

Quote:

hoi gafgar! hur mår du?

looks great, post a link so I can download it =)

^^ Jodå, tackar som frågar, med mig är det bara bra.
hur är det själv?

I will post a link tomorrow I figure. But will implement the high score system first, and beet my record at 3300 first ;]

Quote:

I would like to play it to get an idea of the AI!

The AI is simple as i told, but my computer have no problems handling 25 of the zombies at the same time, and with some optimising this AI could be really interesting in HORDES ;]... but then you will need moor weapons and so on... because a pistol, a shotgun and a some grenades wont stop a horde of zombies, they can take 3 shots to the head from the pistol and so on ^^.

I will fix a start up menu where you can set all from 8 max zombie count to 35 max zombie count ^^.

It is fairly easy to add a rifle, so I am thinking of adding that before releasing the game too, a sniper with the ability to strike through enemies that are on a line and with scope, but that is just maybe. Because this is already a old project, and it is up to you if you want to add things to it or remake thing :]
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/16/07 23:03

this looks very cool, keep up the good work gafgar

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/16/07 23:10

Well... while I’m at it, I actually started on making this game into a real game ones... but I never came that far that i got something that was playable, I had other fetchers in that project, like bullet penetrations and item usage and weapon switching system and so on... but I stopped the work and will not continue on it. I will not post the code because it is probably not useful in its current state... and I don’t have the time to fix it. But here are some images any way, if you want some inspiration on how to develop further on a zombie survival game or something ...
(I can upload the model and some other models I maid if I just had a hosting place...)

------------

------------

------------

------------

------------

------------

------------

------------

------------

------------

Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/17/07 05:11

Wow, looks good. Reminds me of some dreamcast games. Very cool.
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/17/07 10:13

The character is cool! animations seem fine too. it would be interesting to see RE-like game on gamestudio

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/17/07 23:52

Okay.. it took longer time then estimated to build the levels visibility (constantly building in over 30 h) so I stopped and started on removing level blocks and adding entities to improve the levels render speed... still just casual work... and my school took up more time today then I thought.. and so on….

In short terms... I can not post the game today, and maybe not tomorrow because of my relatives have a party and its rude to not come >.<... and so on... but hopefully it will be here before the end of the weak! ^^

Here is some new screens of bigger hordes of zombies.

Posted By: Metal_Thrasher

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/18/07 04:44

looks f*ckin beautiful man. Keep up the great work. THat looks like loads of fun.
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/18/07 17:49

yeah... even though the graphics look like ps one if i were you, i wouldn't update the graphics too much, it really looks like a good old shooter which concentrates on gameplay. ^^
(reminds me a little bit of resident evil 4 to be honest... doesn't mean it aint nice )
Posted By: Nems

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/18/07 22:46

COOOOL! zombie shoot! looks like a lot of fun to me too.
I think you should redevelop this, it looks too promising with what you have already done and can be made to look top dollar by just improving a little on what you already have.
The block figures look great, the environment suits but only a tiny bit more graphics and you may have a winner here.
I'm sure a lot of us would chip in and help out.
Posted By: Edgecrusher

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/19/07 12:35

I could model a few guns if you like, but due to time-reasons that will be december 25th. Sorry that I could only do that so late, but this is interesting
Just let me know
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/19/07 13:22

The game features seem to be really impressive and the screens are ncie even with those block-people!

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 08/20/07 18:41

I have now a finished version of the demo, i have sent tit to some friends to bug test a little and will post it here later today

Quote:

yeah... even though the graphics look like ps one if i were you, i wouldn't update the graphics too much, it really looks like a good old shooter which concentrates on gameplay. ^^
(reminds me a little bit of resident evil 4 to be honest... doesn't mean it aint nice )

He he ^^.. I will not upgrade the graphics any more, and I will not upgrade the gameplay any more either. I am finished working on this project in 3dgs :]. I am currently working on my own graphic engine and will remake this game in that engine, and make the game bigger and with co-op multiplayer.
And yes .. It all started with testing to script the resident evil 4 aiming script, and then just continues with more testing, like the climbing system and hit locations and so on ^^

Quote:

COOOOL! zombie shoot! looks like a lot of fun to me too.
I think you should redevelop this, it looks too promising with what you have already done and can be made to look top dollar by just improving a little on what you already have.
The block figures look great, the environment suits but only a tiny bit more graphics and you may have a winner here.
I'm sure a lot of us would chip in and help out.

Thanks!
But as I mentioned above I will not continue working on this project in 3dgs, but if any of you are interested in working with me on this game outside 3dgs it could be really useful and fun ^^, so if you are interested then PM me and I will contact you when my engine is ready and its time to make the game

Quote:

I could model a few guns if you like, but due to time-reasons that will be december 25th. Sorry that I could only do that so late, but this is interesting
Just let me know

Thanks for the offer ^^, all help is useful, so read what I said above and contact me if you still is interested

Quote:

The game features seem to be really impressive and the screens are ncie even with those block-people!

Thanks ^^

And when I release the demo here today, pleas tell me what you though of it and you record
My record is 2700 at the moment, and I don’t think any of you will beet that so fast, but tell my you record and we can compete ^^

And even if I am not going to continue working on this project, maybe some of you will and its is all free to use when I release the work files .

Here is a image of the intro menu.

BTW... i run the game at 50 zombies with a fps about 20, and it is not the script that takes the most power, its the map itself and the rendering of the zombies... i am little disappointed by that... my models have a really low polycount and still a that big fps drop...

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/20/07 20:12

Okey! Now it is time to relies the game! ^^
The game is controlled in the following way:

Movment:
Forward: W
Backward: S
Turn Right: D
Turn Left: A
Strafe Right: E
Strafe Left: Q
Run forward: Shift + W
180 degree turn: Shift + S
Look around: mouse
Mouse sense up: 9
Mouse sense down: 8
Climb: Auto, just walk towards a wall or height

Actions:
Change weapon to pistol: 1
Change weapon to shotgun: 2
Aim: Right Mouse
Shot: Left Mouse
Reload: Aim + R
Aim With grenade: G
Pick up items: Walk over them

How stuff works:
The zombies will slowly begin to rise one after another, but when you reach 333 in score all zombies on the map will rise at the same time.
You get points from killing zombies and shooting cans, you also get extra 11 points from shooting a headshot.
Zombies are mindless, so it is easy to evade them one by one, but they will always continue to rise, so don’t stand on a pile of them.
The zombies have various hit locations and reacts different on al locations and take different damage.
The first numbers on the screen are the players hitpoints, the ones below is the late shitted zombies hitpoints, the last numbers are your current score.
Zombies will climb on each other, so don’t think that a high point is a invincible cover.
There is various powerups/items on the map, but only a specified number of them can be on the map at the same time.
The reload system for the shotgun is little special, because if you just press the reload once it will reload one shot and then stop, but if you hold it down it will continue to reload as meny as you have left and that the shotgun can take. A shotgun can hold 5 shots and will run out of ammo if you don’t gather more, the pistol can hold up to 16 bullets and has unlimited ammo, but needs reloading.
Finally, the score is changed when the match is over, and how it changes depends on how many zombies that was allowed, if you have many zombies it will increase and if you have less zombies it will decries, the amount of items on the level will also depend on the zombie count.
The highscore will be saved when the scoreboard is viewed, and if you would like to try one more time just press enter.

And one last thing, the grenades have a REAL place holder model, so it is a white and blue cylinder.

That’s all! Here is the game! Have fun and post your score and compete!
http://files-upload.com/files/446906/resi.rar

Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/20/07 20:35

Ive played it... Its difficulty or im to unskilled My Score 400+ -.-

cYa Sebastian

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/20/07 20:59

Yah ^^.. i figured that my friend ha a hard time too.. try with less zombies and practice ^^... i recently played and got 3151 ;D... but you cant count with me in the competitions... ^^

My friend got about 700 after 5 deaths :]

Good luck with the hunting! ^^
I'm looking forward to see some one beet 1234 ;D.. the highest standard score :]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 08:50

thank you.do you also post the charakter as you said?

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 12:22

Well ^^
I did not see any one that told me to post it so I didn’t o.o.. and I will then post it together with the rest of the work files from the zombie project :]
Posted By: 3DRichard

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 14:15

funny thing happened when i was playing, i was standing on a container and shooting zombies below, then one zombie climbed to me and we got stuck inside each other . I couldn't move and that zombie couldn't attack , i tried everything to get out of him, but then other zombies came and killed me.

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 14:43

btw, i experienced a bug too. there's a small room with a box inside. when i climbed that box, i got stuck in the ceiling. maybe you should raise it a little bit.

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 16:24

Quote:

funny thing happened when i was playing, i was standing on a container and shooting zombies below, then one zombie climbed to me and we got stuck inside each other . I couldn't move and that zombie couldn't attack , i tried everything to get out of him, but then other zombies came and killed me.

Oh.. o.o.. i never experienced that... hmm... its a little weird. Maybe i look in to some ways to prevent things like that :]

The other bug with the box i experienced too, i will fix that when i rebuild the map ^^, before i upload the work files. BTW.. you don't get stuck in the ceiling, you just cant see anything, so just walk backwards and you will get out.

Any one got any scores above 1000? ^^

BTW.. i realized that the reclusion i run it in is maybe a little off standard, i should have options for that in the menu.
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 16:53

"Not enough memory (50MB)" ?! I have 256MB Ram and 80 of them are 'available'
My video is with 128 I think...it should be more than enough

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 17:31

Weird O.o... that should not happen, my friend tried this game on an old computer, it should work... tried restarting you computer? o.o...
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/21/07 17:38

I'll try later but I think my video ram is filled. I get from time to time virtual memory too low

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 14:24

i think i found another level bug
Quote:

Zombies will climb on each other, so don't think that a high point is a invincible cover.

there is one place where zombies can't reach you

Quote:

Good luck with the hunting! ^^
I'm looking forward to see some one beet 1234 ;D.. the highest standard score :]

Is my score high enough? i reached this score with max 50 zombies count in 5 minutes

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 14:42

O_o

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 16:59

hmhmmm... i think something with the scores gone pretty wrong! ;D... i tried that too, and it is pretty easy to get high scores with 50 zombies. the score system will have to be changed, and the score numbers have to be moved a little to the right... :] thanks for the FEEDback ^^, i will make a little improved version before releasing it, because i will release it on the arcade machine in my school and will improve the record system mostly.

But i must still say that over 30 000 is pretty good, how did you play? o.o.. can you try to describe your method? ^^

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 17:24

Can you please fix that. I would like to beat all records fair, without any tricks

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 17:54

Yes i can describe it.

My method is very easy, when the game starts i kill the first zombie and then start to collect the shotgun ammo, after i have lots of them i kill some more zombies to reach 333 score so they all raise, then climb on the boxes that i showed in previous post where zombies can't reach me, i wait until all of them gathers around me(some zombies may get stuck behind obstacles farther from that place, so beware of them), then the fun part start, i run down from the boxes( make sure you don't fall onto zombies) and run away from them, then i turn around and start to shoot them with the shotgun, when they kill me the score gets multiplied couple of times.

When you are waiting on the boxes, you need to watch the way you climbed through, because sometimes zombies manage to climb there, but most of the time zombies don't come from that side so they are walking directly to you under the boxes

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 18:04

cool! ;D that’s exactly how i does it, but i start of with the grenade when the zombies starts to gather, and shoots cans while waiting . But i will try to prevent camping. because it seems like its to powerfully right now ^^

Don’t worry, a method that is that easy to score of 30 000 wont last long, i hope o.o... i will start by making the zombies better on climbing and lower the variable that multiples the score after death o.o... and i will make the zombies faster to spawn when there is that many of them, witch makes it harder to gather that much ammo.

I will find a way

Anything else any one wants me to fix or add to the game? Like doors and ladders? ... Or maybe a rifle or zombie birds and dogs? ^^ Don’t hold back, tell me and I will consider to add it the upcoming week :]

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 18:27

Well, a severance mod would be nice or at least rag dolls A more powerfull headshot (because it is a headshot). The menu should resize when I the resolution is changed. Maybe zombie birds attack when staying to long at the same area.

EDIT: Well I played alot of zombie shooters on newgrounds. There are some really bad zombie defend games and some very good. This is what the good ones makes them good:
- Game is split into waves. Each wave becomes harder.
- between the waves the hero can buy weapons, upgrades, tools etc (a good balance of costs and usefulness is here extremly important)
- each almost each wave new kinds of zombies appear and more zombies appear
- the breaks between zombie appearing must be short. If zomtimes no zombie comes for 10 seconds and then again it becomes boring.
- usually the player has to protect something or a target (protect a house which takes damage if the zombies come to close, rescue a hot big breasted chick, survive till next dawn(?) (sunrise))
- well not all of these hints are really usefull for this game, but it may gives you some ideas for spicing up the game.

For example to fresh up the game, the player could get objectives to solve so he is not camping to much at one place and can make bonuspoints. For example, close door xyz, get to gate aaa and get letter x, kill the green zombie, take no damage for 10 seconds (extra fast zombies) to get bonuspoints, push the red button, destroy the evil machine, fight miniboss zombie xavbla etc...

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/22/07 19:51

Quote:

and i will make the zombies faster to spawn when there is that many of them, witch makes it harder to gather that much ammo.

yes, at the start of the game they should spawn faster, but later when zombies get killed they shouldn't raise again very fast, to leave some time to get ammo.

definitely the headshots need to make more damage, because it's very hard to defend yourself with pistol from more than four zombies. Also when you shoot to the zombie's knee they should stand up a little bit slower, allowing you to shoot other incoming zombies.

one more thing i noticed, when zombie is eating you, he's so close that you can't shoot him because all your bullets are starting to fly from behind him

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/25/07 00:06

Okay, i fixed some things that makes it harder with the camp strategy and makes the difference between 50 and 10 zombies bigger ;D

I'm still working on this, so i will improve it little, right now its to hard(as you can see on the score) and the birds are a little weird, but i wont work on it too hard , the birds are not the main part of the game and i wont as i said use this to anything else then give it away here.

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/25/07 16:23

How about unlocking a new gun after a number of kills? Like after 5 you get the shotgun, after additional 15 you get an SMG, and so on. A barret would be cool (sniper)

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/26/07 03:56

Yah , i am currently working on adding a new weapon and one more new enemy, and maybe 2 new enemies. ^^
I am thinking about adding ladders and doors, and finally maybe a wave like system for all the enemies :]
But will not be finished that fast
But it is still just thoughts, doors and ladders are least likely to be added, but the other things will probably be added and not take that much time ^^
And I will change the map some, and make it a little bigger and make some more interesting points to hold ^^, and probably some trigger events
Maybe some one can make a zombie adventure game of these things later then ^^, if I only add doors and ladders and triggers :], and a easy simple door system would probably not be that hard ^^
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/26/07 11:35

First of all, welcome back Gafgar I know my reply is abit late but I was on a nice vacation for a week in the Cote d'Azur Second, I think I remember this game you were working on, it was like +- a year ago and you posted it as a zombie game as well which is logical because you're working on the same game concept but on a restart scale this time ^^
It looks quite promising, the .exe you've provided is quite FUN to play. The graphics are like you've mentioned but it doesn't disturb me at all, it's the gameplay which enjoys me In overall nice comeback into the 3dgs forum with a nice little game !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/26/07 21:42

Quote:

First of all, welcome back Gafgar I know my reply is abit late but I was on a nice vacation for a week in the Cote d'Azur Second, I think I remember this game you were working on, it was like +- a year ago and you posted it as a zombie game as well which is logical because you're working on the same game concept but on a restart scale this time ^^
It looks quite promising, the .exe you've provided is quite FUN to play. The graphics are like you've mentioned but it doesn't disturb me at all, it's the gameplay which enjoys me In overall nice comeback into the 3dgs forum with a nice little game !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Well, thanks for the welcome ... ^^ but I'm sorry to tell that I'm just back for a short while, this is not a beginning, its just another end o.o.. I will stop working with 3dgs and is just back to develop 2 of my old project a little further ^^ and give them away to hope that someone finds them fun and useful, the most of both KyKling? and this zombie game is old code and old graphics, that i maid before I quitted last time o.o
I am currently working on my own 3d engine and will continue posting updates of my new project on my website, because i don't think its something for 3dgamestudios forum if I'm not using 3dgs any more o.o

I have added a SMG and a new enemy to the game now, are currently working on adding another enemy. But I have just one question... and i will have a poll for it. Its about if i should have a wave system with more and more, and harder and harder enemies, or stick with the slowly continuing growing amount, based on a max amount.

As it is right now, the zombies will rise one after another with a little delay, witch is shorter on a higher difficulty(max amount of zombies). The birds will start to count down there spawn time when the score gets above 250, and if the player is camping they will come more often and faster. The new more powerful enemies will start to spawn at 600 points. And all the items on the map have a cooldown in the beginning, witch is longer if the difficulty is higher. and ones they have spawned there will always be a specific amount of them on the map at ones, and that number is higher f the difficulty is higher.

The wave system will start with 2 zombies on random location, and when they are dead there will be a 5 seconds waiting time before next wave that will include 4 zombies and one item will spawn, and next will wave will continue 8 zombies and one item. Next wave will only be 7 birds, next wave will be 8 zombies and 8 birds and 2 items, and there will continue up to 40 zombies 20 birds and 10 powerful zombies and 2 of an not yet reviled enemy, and then the zombies will start to get replaced with powerful zombies and zombies will begin to rise a number of times before they are killed and the birds will spawn in many small waves on one zombie wave, and the enemies and items will get better and so on. And the score will be calculated the same way + a speed bonus for clearing the waves fast and one bonus for clearing waves with ex only the first gun, and done bonus for etch wave cleared without getting damage and so on.

So what system do you think will be best on this game?

I thank every one that votes and replies ^^

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/27/07 18:10

Well, here is a image of the new weapon, it's not exactly a SMG , but it's automatic

The voting is not going so well , just 3 votes so far. But it seems like a wave system is leading any way.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/27/07 18:26

Jag tycker om figura. Der se mycket lustig...

..systembolaget.. erm..

..well I should have paid more attention in my swedish class

I like the cube-style. very good idea.

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/27/07 20:41

Quote:

I will stop working with 3dgs and is just back to develop 2 of my old project a little further ^^ and give them away to hope that someone finds them fun and useful,

Does that mean you will publish the source of this project so someone else could continue developing this?

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/27/07 21:40

Yess! ^^ that is exactly what it means
But I want to hear from those who does something with it so I can see if it turns out to be something I like ^^, and as it looks now there is a 8% chance that i will use this project in a competition here in Sweden, and if so it would be good if there is a very equally functioning game out there that does not mentioning me in the credits ^^, so if you are planning on a release some day soon(tats within the upcoming year) I would want you to mention me in the credits :]

And if someone have time and wants to just work on the graphics I would be glad to work together with that person for some time rebuilding this project a little and give it a good surface to those who just judge games from there looks :]
But I don't have the time or energy to grab in to that work and drag it around ^^, so that would have to be some one ambitious and some one that wants to take time to it. And then I will sit down and rewrite the whole AI, and make it smarter and better and more processing sufficient.

But as you asked, yes, I will release the source to this project and let everybody use it to there own games :], hopefully it turns out to be a good zombie game if you asks me ^^

W00t! Think this was my 500 post!

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/28/07 00:49

Quote:

Jag tycker om figura. Der se mycket lustig...

..systembolaget.. erm..

..well I should have paid more attention in my swedish class

I like the cube-style. very good idea.

Hehe, ;D you Swedish is kind of bad... ^^ but i can make out what you are saying any way

The cube style is not with purpose, ^^ its only that it is that much easier to animate with 3dgs MED when you don't have to worry about the joints and it goes fast to build the whole graphic if i have those models as a standard

---
BTW: Tomorrow I will decide witch survival system to use, so don't forget to vote, the more people who votes the more sure i can be that i make the right decision ^^, and it is so easy for you to just check a box and click a button :]
---

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/28/07 14:27

I have news to announce! , I am working on something that everybody crave for in a zombie game! ;D... and I think it will work very good in this one too ^^... A CHAINSAW! ;D And the zombie dog is almost finished now ^^, and it will have 3 hit locations and one massive damage animation ^^, the powerful zombie have the same amount of animations and actions as the normal zombie, and the birds have just one hit location and one massive damage animation :]

The expanded map is now working correct and the survival system will probably not be decided today anyway, because I have enough to do with the chainsaw and everything any way, and I also have some school to attend to :/

Things that I would be happy to get some help with is chainsaw sound and a grenade explosion sound, a shotgun gun sound and a AK-47 sound, maybe some blood splatter sound and footsteps o.o, if any one would be so kind and had time and recourses to lend me those sounds I think this would be even more fun and interesting to play ^^

Thanks for you patience, I know I said that I would give away the source a week after the demo, but I have been stuck with adding things to the game all the time, and I hope that you don’t mind ^^
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/29/07 09:30

I have to say that this project is looking extremely promising, your demo was a lot of fun and a chainsaw is gonna make it absolutely wicked, can't wait for head shot implementation
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/29/07 09:51

I agree, now just the graphics side and advanced gameplay (just some minor enchantments) and this'd be easily at least AA game

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 08/31/07 01:39

Quote:

I agree, now just the graphics side and advanced gameplay (just some minor enchantments) and this'd be easily at least AA game

I'm sorry, but i will not focus on the graphic at all ^^, i will do that when I make the real version of this game, i already have a really BIG design document ready, and are just waiting for the right moment to start the development, and that wont come until I maid my first game with my own engine, and finished this AI class and shaider class, and I estimate that to be about a Year from now. And then i hope to get even better results and have a much deeper game play and feeling in the game. I will then also focus on a more realistic feeling.

But I must say thank you for the kind words any way, and maybe you can add the graphics when I release the source? ^^ it’s all your choice!

Quote:

can't wait for head shot implementation

Hmh, I will see about that, the head shot is already implanted, but you are talking about a special death animation for the headshot? Am I right? :]

The dog wrestling fight event is estimated so be ready tomorrow! ^^, will maybe post some screens of it, or maybe I wont, so it becomes a more surprise when it happens in game, for those that are that good and live through that many waves! ^^

The chainsaw and the wave system is the only things left then, and they are almost done already, but I may not be able to work on the weekend now, so we will have to wait and see when everything is finished ^^

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 10/28/07 20:10

Finally! I have finished the zombie game for my schools arcade machine now and will make some balance changes and a new "how to play" screen for the PC version before i post it here, you so you know! ^^ you can expect that to be finished this weekend
Nothing in the graphics have changed but the game play have changed a little, and so have the level. And the highscore system have totally changed and does now support name editing and after a finished game you will recive a screen displaying many different stats describing how your round went, and i have also added a bonus system and waves. And i have implemented a real menu. and added more sounds and tweaked things over alls.

there is now:
4 different weapons
5 different items to pick up
4 different enemies
17 different rewards you can earn to gain extra points
Unlimited number of waves

And i am sorry to announce that i will not implement a chainsaw... i don't have time for that...

But the game have a much more solid feeling to it, if you asks me.
Looking forward to releasing it and competing with your highscores

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 10/28/07 20:39

Quote:

Looking forward to releasing it and competing with your highscores

Indeed, this will be FUN to play
Btw, the weekend is almost so giv'me the link

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 03/03/08 08:21

I;m still waiting for this , lol , but it looks like it might now happen : \

Re: Old Zombie mocup, the game is here! - 03/08/08 12:08

Quote:

I;m still waiting for this , lol , but it looks like it might now happen : \

O.o oh... sorry... but actually its just a read me file that is needed for the game, so that’s probably something i can fix in a hour... but my spelling is really terrible.. So I hop that you bear with me... I’m at the moment in school and cant post it until I’m home, but will for sure look in to it... I’m sorry that it took this long..

But releasing all the source content is a little bet harder, because its all just a mess... but if you accept it as a mess and maybe not use full, then I will post it around Easter.

Best Regards,

Gafgar
Posted By: Alexander

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/10/08 16:33

Hi Gafgar,

I'm very interested in your project. I've tried to download your demo-version but the link doesn't work ( I guess it's dead, right ?).

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/10/08 19:51

I’m really sorry, yesterday I was busy working on my entry on a concept-art competition so had no time... and to day I was busy with school, but will try to fix this right now… will post a download link here later today if I’m successful.

Link to my concept art if any one is interested:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/822316/an/0/page/0#Post822316

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/10/08 23:17

Okay, its here now... but its not that god if you ask me... its nothing I'm proud of really and just want to leave this behind me ;D.. the worst part is probably the level witch is built out of level blocks and is extremely heavy to render...

But the game is pretty play able, as long as your computer can handle the level.. have fun and post your high scores! and take a screen of your stats board if you gets some cool stats! ^^ for example 100% accuracy's with 200 shots

http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=SK2JL24F
To download it, remember to read the info on the page. you have to write a code in a little box and wait for a moment before you can download...

And if any one would want to host this file on some better hosting site, be my guest ^^.. in fact.. please do that.. O_O...

AND tell me if any one gets to the zombie dogs and super zombies :]...

oh.. and i don't mention the controls any where, but they are pretty standard.. use the mouse and 2 mouse buttons and they keys WASD + shift+ Q E + G and weapons on 123
Climbing is automatic
but you need amo to change to that weapon.

HAVE FUN ^^!
Posted By: Doof_Guy

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/10/08 23:25

Thanks alot, I am downaloading it now and from what i read earlier it looks fun!

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/10/08 23:44

I will just show a example of a stats screen... the points does not show, and thats a miss, but it at least shows before the stats screen comes up, and it shows in the high score. (the name entry is bad too, is maid for arcade.. not for a computer.)

(not that good font.. i know....)

Now i want to see your stats! ^^... it would be interesting if some one could figure out how to get all the bonuses..(maybe not possible in one match)
Posted By: Quad

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/10/08 23:47

can someone upload it to rapidshare?

megaupload is blocked from Turkey.

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/10/08 23:59

Quote:

can someone upload it to rapidshare?

megaupload is blocked from Turkey.

done and done ^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/98576038/KAZA.zip.html
Posted By: Havoc22

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/11/08 00:46

Awesome downloading now, I've been wanting to play this game for a while, since I loved the demo.

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/11/08 07:12

I got a PM this morning that was mentioning my spelling in the game, (it was nice written, i was not offended or any thing), and i thought that I might post the reply here, so that i can explain it to you all.
So here comes the reply i maid:

Thanks, I actually got some people here telling me the same thing, and its as simple as when i maid these images I had no spelling program installed, and I'm dyslectic... so the spelling is really bad ;D.. and I did not save the PSD files.. and did not have feel like making all the screens all over again yesterday... so there is some bad spelling in there.. but hope that you will be able to understand what I meant
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/11/08 08:52

missing a wdl -- explo.wdl.

julz

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/11/08 11:37

kind of addictive but a little slow

i love the aiming(bones), the zombies(when they stand and walk againg and when you headshot them), i like the body part collision.

only thing i missed is reloading while walking(i know this will make game easier but ..)

shotgun rocks.

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/11/08 17:18

Quote:

missing a wdl -- explo.wdl.

julz

The WDL is in the files folder
I tried to run it before uploading it, there should be no missing files...

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/11/08 20:03

Quote:

The WDL is in the files folder
I tried to run it before uploading it, there should be no missing files...

yes, it runs for me, no errors.

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/11/08 20:48

Any one managed to survive until the Zombie Dogs yet? ;D

And would be interesting to hear your average FPS , if it is "really bad", "unplayable", "bad but play able", "fully playable", "Okay", or "Good"?
I would guess its pretty bad for most of the time, but any way... would be nice to know how many tat actually can play it

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/12/08 06:08

Quote:

Any one managed to survive until the Zombie Dogs yet? ;D

And would be interesting to hear your average FPS , if it is "really bad", "unplayable", "bad but play able", "fully playable", "Okay", or "Good"?
I would guess its pretty bad for most of the time, but any way... would be nice to know how many tat actually can play it

it is not that bad, playable. Generally more than 25 fps i think
(Radeon x200m(Omega),c2duo 1.88,2 gb ram)

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/12/08 07:17

playable. i don't have a proper mouse on this laptop which i'll blame for me not getting past the first wave of ravens though. good atmosphere.

julz
Posted By: Havoc22

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/12/08 17:38

Hey great work! This was a hell of a lot of fun for me. I always get to the zombie dogs, but those suckers can jump right up on top of the highest boxes. I don't exactly know what to do when they are attacking though. I got out of it once by shaking my mouse and pressing every key, but they just jumped right back on and killed me. Any pointers?

Either way, great job.
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/13/08 03:20

Thnx a lot man , have been waiting for this since the first demo got released , downloading as i type this.

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/13/08 11:01

Quote:

Hey great work! This was a hell of a lot of fun for me. I always get to the zombie dogs, but those suckers can jump right up on top of the highest boxes. I don't exactly know what to do when they are attacking though. I got out of it once by shaking my mouse and pressing every key, but they just jumped right back on and killed me. Any pointers?

Either way, great job.

oh .. thats well done!

I will tell you how its done… but SPOILER WARNING now then ^^… The technique is to press the WASD as fast as you can in random order for a short while. If you are fast you will take really little damage before you shake them off.
A good way to evade them is to dodge with the Q or E Key when they jumps towards you :]... but you will need to time that pretty good ;D... they also have a pretty big weakens, try to find out what that is, and they will not be that hard :]

If you reached this far… would you mind showing a screenshot of your Stats? .. would be interesting to see :]

Any one reached the Super Zombies then? ;D

Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/13/08 19:34

It is an impressing game related to stability and programming, movement, animations, and overall leveldesign... even the models are sort of charming!

what I miss:
- Instructions that I actually can read!
- And, the option to change between world and menue in a FAST way, when I went out of munition or died, because I want to play and not watch the change of the menues!

BTW, I didn't manage to stand the first wave, because I didn't know how to collect the munition.

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/13/08 19:38

Good old Gafgar with his FUN games
You really did it this time, the total picture and all of its aspects just perfect blends into eachother
Smooth work !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/13/08 21:11

Ok, I got to the super zombies, man they are tough . Any way I tried to take a screen shot of my points, but for some reason it got a shot of the super zombie eating me . So if anyone wants to see it, just say so and i will post it. by the way my score was 4161. Sweet job with the superzombies eyes.

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/13/08 23:06

Quote:

Ok, I got to the super zombies, man they are tough . Any way I tried to take a screen shot of my points, but for some reason it got a shot of the super zombie eating me . So if anyone wants to see it, just say so and i will post it. by the way my score was 4161. Sweet job with the superzombies eyes.

You can always prove your score though the high score menu.. if you wrote in your high score off course.. and right now the system is pretty bad.. you change letters with the A and D keys and add them with S and confirm the name with enter.

:] pretty nice that you managed to get that far

Quote:

It is an impressing game related to stability and programming, movement, animations, and overall leveldesign... even the models are sort of charming!

what I miss:
- Instructions that I actually can read!
- And, the option to change between world and menue in a FAST way, when I went out of munition or died, because I want to play and not watch the change of the menues!

BTW, I didn't manage to stand the first wave, because I didn't know how to collect the munition.

You have unlimited munition to the pistol, just so you know, you only need to reload it some times.

The menu stuff, I think you can skip most of it by pressing esc and/or enter some times.. but there is a bug with the menu fading thing some times that makes it really slow.. as far as i experienced it does not happen that often any way, and did not spend to much attention on it.

And the instructions… sorry about that.. ;D

here is the actions you can perform:
Run forward: W
walk backwards: S
Turn left: A
Turn right: D
Walk forward: W+ Shift
Turn 180 degree: S+ Shift
Dodge left: Q
Dodge right: E
Aim: R-Mouse
Shoot: R-mouse+ L-mouse
Reload: R-mouse + R (hold down to reload more cells faster with the shotgun)
Aim with grenades: G
Throw grenades: G+ R-mouse
Change to Pistol: 1
Change to Shotgun: 2+ You must have shotgun amo left
Change to AK: 3+ You must have AK amo left
Climb: Walk towards the hinder

I think that is all...
Hope that helps ^^
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/13/08 23:31

Lol, i love the maybe button xD

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/14/08 00:06

got to wave 6, got cornered, pulled out my ak-47 (which i had picked up ammo for but hadn't used yet) but it wouldn't shoot.

i need a mouse but it was fun and kinda creepy.

julz

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/14/08 00:52

Quote:

got to wave 6, got cornered, pulled out my ak-47 (which i had picked up ammo for but hadn't used yet) but it wouldn't shoot.

i need a mouse but it was fun and kinda creepy.

julz

^^ you will have to load the weapon before you can shoot with it ... so next time you pick up amo, try loading it as soon as you get a calm moment.

Wave 6, thats the First Dog wave right?

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/14/08 01:17

ok, i'll try that next time when i have some free time. i didn't see any dogs though.

julz

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/15/08 13:16

Ok, I got a shot of my stats when I went to that same wave. Visit my blog to see the picture of it, the link is in my signature. By the way Gafgar, I love the game I might remake the zombies and person, if you don't mind
Posted By: HIDDENTRAP

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/20/08 19:42

Hi there, your game looks great!!! I would really like to design a level for that.
Keep up the great work!!!!

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/21/08 16:46

You are free to use the existing models and the code however you want to… but not the sounds nor the textures on the level... and not the tree model, because they are not created by me. They are all free stuff I gathered on the internet and if you want to use them you will first have to find them on internet and read the licence agreement, because I don’t remember all details about it, but I know I can use them to this free and open source project.

If you come up with something cool, do feel free to post it here or at lest link to the thread you post it in if you post it else where , would be interesting to see

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/21/08 22:22

some make-up to zombies
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1589/10957066zw1.jpg
Posted By: aztec

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/22/08 10:07

is this a doom model?
looks horrible but it fits

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/22/08 11:04

then take another look with Guitar(Disciple?)'s NM shader:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2600/adszuo9.jpg

the script works great, even faster, with a7 but some strange things happens sometimes
Posted By: aztec

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/22/08 11:30

yeah that looks cool with the shader on it
Posted By: molotov

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/22/08 12:40

Wow, the shader makes it really scary. Like there's really a piece missing from his face. Great work!!

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/22/08 12:58

there are some problems on model,

since the code places hitboxes on some certain vertices i didnt remove the old model's vertices(just deleted ploys not vertices), so hitboxes still placed on the right part of body.

i didnt made any changes on skeleton, just placed model on it and carelessly applied vertice to bones, so some parts of animation is very ugly atm

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/23/08 21:58

Quote:

there are some problems on model,

since the code places hitboxes on some certain vertices i didnt remove the old model's vertices(just deleted ploys not vertices), so hitboxes still placed on the right part of body.

i didnt made any changes on skeleton, just placed model on it and carelessly applied vertice to bones, so some parts of animation is very ugly atm

:] Nice to see some changes ^^
But just so you know, the code does not place hit boxes on specific vertexes, it places them on the bones, so the model can get changed as much as you like, and the hit boxes and skeleton too, you just need to have a box that covers the models body part and have the parent bone centre in its own origin ... if you want examples of what I’m talking about, look at the models

If you want to change the map, there is some spawning points for everything in the level, and the player just needs to be placed somewhere, the camera will in the beginning start at the first camera position and move towards the levels origin, and then move to the players position. The cans are name “burk” I think… (witch is can in Swedish), the dogs action is z_dog, but you only need to place the dog spawner in the level, and they will spawn with the same waves as the one in my demo, the more spawning points the more variation, because it will random among them. The number of spawning points is the maximum number of enemies/wave. All items also need spawning points. The player and zombies can automatically climb on everything in the level in the right height. The height is not depending on the player scale, so you will have to have the same scale as my version to get the same result… I can’t check witch scale I use right now, but I can post it later.

Good luck if any one wants to make a new level .. I would be glad to play it ^^

BTW: Right now i think that the player only can climb on level blocks, and that need to be changed if you want to make more optimized levels but that still uses many climbable objects like mine... >.<
Posted By: Nems

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/24/08 00:28

Finally downloaded it and am just about to play but had a quick look at the script and was blown away, all in one wdl! and so much to go thru.
For that alone, thanks could really do with usable working examples, 5 stars .

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/25/08 13:16

well, then i confused that red laser line with hitboxes.

(i believe someting in this models uses vertices to be placed, but i dont remember what it is.)

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 03/25/08 17:09

ah, the weapons is using 2 vertexes in the weapon model
So you will have to change them to some new vertex numbers (i should use variables for that >.<) if you change the player model
The lacer pointer and the shots comes from the same point right now, and it should probably stay that way to get the aiming accurate, but the firing effect could be placed at another point to make it more look like its shooting from the right position ^^

And also, i think the blood spawning when enemies attack you is spawning at vertex positions too.

I am really sorry that the code is that messy... from the beginning i did never intend to make a game out of this, and NEVER intended to show it to any one.. never less give it away ;D
And now i don't have the time to go through it and fix it up..
Posted By: 3run

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 11/18/13 19:49

Originally Posted By: Gafgar

Here you can see the player climbing a box.

On this image the player has climbed up on a container to flee the following zombies.

Here the player is climbing directly over a thin wall

[color:"red"]
*EDITED*[/color]

Earlier I wrote that I had more images and was going to upload the later because imageshack was not working for the moment, now it is working and here are the images.

The player is aiming at some zombies that are on there way over a small wall.

The player has just shot the zombie in his wrist witch forces him to kneel.

Here is the player reloading the shotgun.

[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1240/shot6uf6.jpg[/img]
A grenade has just exploded and one zombie is thrown away.

I'm really sorry to bring this old thread back to live, but does anyone still have this??

Edit: With the help of Quad, we could find out, that it was probably called 'resi.rar', so if you can give it a try, please search your HDD for it. Thank you!

Greets
Posted By: Loopix

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 11/18/13 22:44

HERE you go...
Posted By: 3run

Re: Old Zombie mocup - 11/18/13 23:57

Man, it's just awesome! Thank you so much for it! laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums