restart old idea

Posted By: ratu65

restart old idea - 08/19/07 12:35

After update to A7 Com I got a lot of new motivation to try to restart an old idea.
An FPS in present time with industrial area look.

Here are a simple first work.
I know its really simple. But a lot of time - 3 days. I made all textures new.
Its small resolution, without script.

Posted By: rvL_eXile

Re: restart old idea - 08/19/07 12:39

SIeht schonmal nicht schlecht aus!

Aber ich finde die größenverhätlnisse von Fenster zum Tor etwas zu groß, die Zaun Elemente kannste ruhig noch etwas breiter machen. Ansonsten gute Arbeit

cYa Sebastian
Posted By: Inestical

Re: restart old idea - 08/19/07 13:28

still bit empty, but good start

Add more crates, stuff and stuff, secret places, spawn points and enemies and then we're talkin =)

Re: restart old idea - 08/19/07 13:30

Der Zaun war auch eher eine Notlösung, um zu schauen, wie das wirkt. Das Sprite von dem Metalgitter ist auch wirklich das einzige was ich nicht selber gemacht habe. Werde ich noch austauschen.

Here are a single building from inside and outside.

Posted By: bstudio

Re: restart old idea - 08/19/07 14:07

Certainly not a bad start, but your roof texture doesn't tile completely correctly. Other then that, great work

Re: restart old idea - 08/19/07 15:29

Thanks, but the texture tiles perfect, perhaps I must move it in a better way?
Its a seam.
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: restart old idea - 08/19/07 19:28

I think you should make the dark spot brighter. The seam is not a problem because it looks like diffrent metal parts covering the building. Its cool but the dark spot is very easy to notice,and you can see repetition on the texture.
Posted By: vartan_s

Re: restart old idea - 08/23/07 08:02

I'm no level designer, but I think the textures are fine. To get this to look better, you need to get the lighting correct. Play with it, different colours. As an extra, apply a skycube, to see how it will look.
Posted By: bstudio

Re: restart old idea - 08/23/07 10:13

ah, sorry mistook the roof line for a flaw in the texture, but I can see now that it's supposed to be there
Posted By: MAN

Re: restart old idea - 08/23/07 12:42

VERY Good....
if you use a good lighting system your level will be best.........

i build many huge level but i have a problem....my frame rate Going low !
do you have this problem ?

what is you run time frame rate and system information ?

You can Do better if you Want....!
Posted By: aztec

Re: restart old idea - 08/23/07 13:37

wenn du mal ein paar moddels brauchst kannste mich gerne PM´en
weil ich da ein bisschen die Fülle vermisse
also so gegenstände wie z.b Tische,Maschinen etc.

sieht trotzdem sehr gut aus
Mfg
Aztec

Re: restart old idea - 08/26/07 09:23

Here are another building house and stairs.

This time I build only map-entitys. I cant set the lights, because my graphic-card is very #*%%'* and A7 crashes. I need a new card or a new Pc. In buy in the next 1-2 month - I hope. During this time I build on the levels: houses. details and everything must have. I think that is enough work for a lot of weeks until I have new hardware.
Posted By: aztec

Re: restart old idea - 08/26/07 11:07

Sieht sehr nett aus
Posted By: frazzle

Re: restart old idea - 08/26/07 11:23

Nice starts usually end up with nice efforts but with a lack of inspiration because most people work alone on a project and they use all of their imagination into a great starting point so I hope your restart will just work out as nice as the screens are promising

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: restart old idea - 08/26/07 16:52

Frazzle: I dont believe that I can make a game by myself and hope that I find in the future some friendly helpers. But first I want to build a basic and see where I need help and then....its a long journey, but sure interestedly.
Actually I dont really start, i had made during the last 12 month very much textures. mostly for other people and level-designer and for sell. Now I made for myself and can take from collection, if I need. Also I'm really in practice by made textures, ..I think.

To finish the weekend I build this house. I know the environment looks bad clean
but the building looks fine.

Re: restart old idea - 08/26/07 20:40

I ment it positive
Constructive comment is the way to go so good luck !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: restart old idea - 09/03/07 22:07

I have build a warehouse. Its difficult to set the light, because my #+#*%graphicalcard freeze at the fault time.
But I work on and try to do this way until 5 weeks, I buy me a new PC.(I hope).

The level is without script.

Posted By: sPlKe

Re: restart old idea - 09/03/07 22:46

you should rebuild the level with better shadow calulation... the shadows are ugly..
the level is good, but i woudl do the boxes and stuff with mdoels and you could use a few highre resolution textures. looks a bit N64 if you ask me. other than that, its pretty neat, a few nice ideas in there.. keep it up^^
Posted By: nalan

Re: restart old idea - 09/04/07 03:50

Emmm,good work!Keep it up!

Re: restart old idea - 09/04/07 18:54

The level design is nice but the shadows could get better
Don't know the particular reason for that, which shadows did you use ??

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: restart old idea - 09/05/07 04:10

I use the basics, but I set some lights and move them in a quick way only to see how atmosphere could be. I work on the lights after buying new Pc (graphicalcard)
If I test the lights and render and render my pc freeze....
In this way I can't learn to set lights. But the days are gone...and my new hardware brings me another big motivation..
This days now I build only the levels in a basic way and made textures, it needs enough time. And scripting sometimes.
Next screen I set only ambient light.

Take a look at the bugs-side. At 3rd party software is some information about S3/SavagePro - thats my.
© 2024 lite-C Forums