KyKling? Demo

Posted By: Gafgar

KyKling? Demo - 08/20/07 22:40

Well, here i have the remake version of my first real 3dgs project called "KyKling?"

This is a split screen multi player game, player vs player in a death match. You have a Bomberman base with bombs and powerups, but you have mush more powerups here and the game play is a lot different, especially because of the third dimension, and because if the non square like map, but also because of the fackt that you have normal bombs and special bombs.
First player to 3 points wins.

Well, the map is not that good, because it is to open and the game can take almost forever because of that.

Well, now i will just describe the controls for both the players and then post some screen shots and a download link.

Player1:
walk with: W, A, S, D
Bomb: E
Jump: R
Special bomb: Q

Player2:
walk with: I, J, K, L
Bomb: O
Jump: P
Special bomb: U

Here comes screens of all the powerups:

And here is some gameplay screens:

------

------

------

------

Here is the download link:
http://files-upload.com/files/447026/Kykling.rar

Have fun! ^^
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 02:08

wow, why did you never go commercial with this, it looks really nice.
Posted By: ello

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 06:24

really nice toon style achived, looks funny. i'll check it at home and i guess thats another game to show my kids:)
Posted By: msl_manni

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 06:51

A very nice project, liked the graphic style of the project. Works fine on my system, no lags.

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 12:04

Quote:

^^ well.. to go commercial i would have needed music .. and i have no skills in making music.. and i know a musician but he never maid any O.o.. i asked several times ^^... and even if i had the music i could not go commercial because i don't know how to go commercial >.<... and i would need 39 more levels ^^.. but thats easy, i have a old version of this game with alto of levels and 6 kind of environments with different effects on the game play :]. and all those maps where much more fun that this map ^^
And maybe a menu where you can chose witch powerups that will be allowed, and in the old kykling the armor had 3 levels and graphics and so on with various small things ^^. i have had plans on going commercial ^^, like you an probably tell from what i just said, but i don't know if i should any more o.o
Posted By: achaziel

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 14:32

haven't tried the game yet, but looks like a worms clone... doesn't mean i don't like the game or blame you for that ^^
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 15:19

Wicked!!!

I love it!
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 15:56

too many buttons for one keyboard

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 16:29

Thanks for all positive replies ^^

Quote:

too many buttons for one keyboard

O.o i never had a problem with it... and neither had any of my friends nor my small 9 year old cousin. But do you have any better ideas let me here :]

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 16:51

Strange. Maybe because this is a laptop.

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 17:35

I'm working on a laptop all the time o.o.. but there is different laptops to :/
... i tried to place the key as far apart as possible, because i heard that this problem would be solved in most cases by that... but I'm sorry if it does not work for you... -_-
i misunderstood you from the beginning.. ;D.. i though that you where talking about to many keys to control for one person on one keyboard ^^, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/21/07 18:09

you know i love it.... why havent you showed me before? i love it.. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 12:51

Quote:

Quote:

^^ well.. to go commercial i would have needed music .. and i have no skills in making music.. and i know a musician but he never maid any O.o.. i asked several times ^^... and even if i had the music i could not go commercial because i don't know how to go commercial >.<... and i would need 39 more levels ^^.. but thats easy, i have a old version of this game with alto of levels and 6 kind of environments with different effects on the game play :]. and all those maps where much more fun that this map ^^
And maybe a menu where you can chose witch powerups that will be allowed, and in the old kykling the armor had 3 levels and graphics and so on with various small things ^^. i have had plans on going commercial ^^, like you an probably tell from what i just said, but i don't know if i should any more o.o

There are plenty of royalty free music sites on the internet.

Dunno how to go commercial?

http://forums.indiegamer.com/

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 16:34

Allright, a little more info about the key issue:

If player two is turning right player 1 canīt move straight and turn right or something like that. Itīs hard to remember To solve the problem you could make a joystick option(, maybe a mouse option) or lan/web multiplayer

Well, all in one nice game. Reminds me of Slap! or however it was called. A little too bloody for my taste (because I like chickens and rather like to pet them) and too less weapons to make really a quick battle. But itīs hard to test more because of that control issue. That is quite annoying.

EDIT: I remember the name of that other awesome game. It wasnīt Slap! Too bad the game is for adults only because of nudity otherwise I would now write itīs real game Anyways, in that game they had instead of blood A) Ink, depending on the player, blue, green, pink, red, aquamarin,... - the red didnīt really looked like blood because the players had mostly only skin color and the "suit" had inkcolor. And next to the ink on the floor glowing "glows" in the ink colors were released, a little like a explosion/steam. With the "Splat!" hit sound that was actually totally pleasing

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 16:49

Thanks for all th replies ^^

Quote:

A little too bloody for my taste (because I like chickens and rather like to pet them) and too less weapons to make really a quick battle. But it’s hard to test more because of that control issue. That is quite annoying.

Yah.. i know, i like chickens too o.o.. i will probably add a non bloody version, and some extra raw death animations for the bloody ^^

I got some free time and fixed some small bugs and tuned some stuff, and added a new map today. here is 2 images ^^
things i have changed now is that you cant get less than 0 points, and the eggs explodes faster, the old map have some more fences and you now collide with the fences. the armour have a penalty in weight witch miens that you glide down hills and cant fly that good.
I also tweaked the camera and the collisions over all. The grenade flies a little higher and further, and the egg launcher have the same direction as the floor it lands on, so you can shoot up hills easier.

I also changed the random chance of the powerups.

This map you see here is a remake of one crazy map from the old kykling, this is a air level and when you fall of the edge and below the level you teleport up above the level, same goes with everything else that is dropped outside the edges . This map easily turns in to a mayhem! ^^

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 17:22

need music? ill do a track or two for free if you want? shor tracks no less but hey, they are free?

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 17:55

Yah
That would be nice ^^, some music is always better than no music :]
Fast, happy and weird is words i would like to use when describing how the music should be ^^, to my friend who ones said he would help me with music but never did ;D

thanks for all help ^^

And if any one can come up with a cool powerup then pleas tell me and i will maybe add it ^^

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 18:29

how about a corn gun? Or popcorn bomb (splinter grenade)

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 21:41

you need more naked girls in this game...

PS.:
sorry EX, for stealing your line^^
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/22/07 22:52

Loool, some horny chickens would definitely give this game a nice twist to it hahahaha. j/k

Cheers

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/23/07 02:19

well.. i get that as if you want something hot eh? ;D... here is something hot for you...

A another new map called "nine planes of hell"
^^

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/23/07 06:56

You piss me off SP1KE! (acutally thanks, for reminding )

Needs indeed more chicks!

And itīs good how well you keep the cartoon style.

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/23/07 08:38

Quote:

yeah ilove the style. you seem to know pretty much everything about toon style there is to know. and i love it. every little bit of it^^
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/23/07 16:54

Nihiiice, those colors! (normally this sentence should come from stonde people.. )

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/25/07 00:11

Quote:

Quote:

yeah ilove the style. you seem to know pretty much everything about toon style there is to know. and i love it. every little bit of it^^

^^ That is always something I'm glad too hear ;D

I'm am currently working on a winter map and ave 2 more different types planed. I will be back with more updates later. :]

And thanks for all positive replies! ^^
(I'm sorry fr the keyboard bug, nothing i can do anything about >.<, i will though probably fix options to chose the keys to move with later.)
Posted By: frazzle

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/26/07 11:52

Wow really impressive Gafgar !!
Nice concept, linked with great graphics which I guess you were frustrated about it with the zombie game
Anyway, amazing work

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: KyKling? Demo - 08/26/07 21:49

Yah ;D, i love the graphics in the zombie game ;]... or not ^^, i have not been putting down so much effort in creating the graphics for the zombie game, and have been putting down some days to get the graphics in kykling to be like it is now ^^, i have reworked the smoke lots of times, same goes for the fire o.o, and the first green map ^^. now that i have a graphic style i like, its easy to create the graphics and is pretty fast too ^^. will soon add a new pick of the new map, and a image of the concept t the three levels of armour :]

I'm glad that so many seems to like it ^^

Re: KyKling? Demo - 10/28/07 20:19

A New demo is up for release soon,i am reworking and creating a totally new menu right now, and adding the different levels.
The Arcade version of the game will probably be finished tomorrow, and will release the PC version here the same day that i release the zombie game, probably on the upcoming weekend.
If i have time i will implement a option menu so that you can configure little more how you want to play the game.
I am also trying to get hold of some background music to enhance the feeling of the game, because right now it always feels like something is missing. (and on the old demo it feels like lots of things where missing ^^)

Its sad that i don't have time to implement network compatibility, because it would have been fun to play with you on the forum ^^, but i guess that will have to wait until i make the "real" version of this game, in a year or two

Re: KyKling? Demo - 10/28/07 20:35

Great news
The online option would be nice but I guess that choise is up to you

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: cro_games

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/02/07 00:16

Nice...
Set the diffuse to: 0,0,0 (Black) on models...
Example:

Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/02/07 02:20

it is a fun game, i played the first one, although a bit bloody (like chickens with their head cut off) it was fun to blow up chickens

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/02/07 12:03

Quote:

Nice...
Set the diffuse to: 0,0,0 (Black) on models...

Thanks, but I do like the shaded models ^^, I don't want them to be all flat :], its maybe more comic, but I prefer this. Actually I prefer a other look, but I cant show you that look yet.. I will tomorrow when i release the new demo ^^

@mpdeveloper_B
Thanks .. but i think everyone will like the new version much more ^^, and it is more variations and more balanced an better in every way, it also have cool music ;D

I will probably make this a showcase II project then also, because i think this game looks professional enough, and this new version is fully playable and have at the moment 3 different maps.

But I wont post it there if you disagree with me on that point ^^, so if you do.. make your voice heard! ^^

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/10/07 14:58

The new demo is now finished and ready for download!
I have started the showcase II thread about it, and just wanted to make it clear to those who is checking showcase I but not showcase II ^^

And here is a link:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/799234/an/0/page/0#Post799234
I hope you enjoy it ^^
Posted By: lionclaws

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/12/07 03:36

Nice man...great efforts
Posted By: Poison

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/12/07 11:35

Really AWESOME!
I like the comic style

Cheers

Poison Byte

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/12/07 15:15

Thanks for the nice comments about the graphics :]... but...
Have any one played the latest demo and have any thing else than the graphics to comment? o.o... because thats the only thing that been specifically mentioned in any of the threads... -_-
There are 22 downloads now (not that many really but any way)... and no comments about the game play at all... what can I make out of that? :/... that the game works fine but nothing special and I should stop working on the project, or that its that bad that everybody who downloaded it gets disappointed and did not reply? o.o.... or do they feel that it is obvious what they think so they don't want to reply? O.o.. I have no idea...

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/12/07 16:57

I think you know my C&C about this project Gafgar, it's all quite positive btw

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: KyKling? Demo - 11/12/07 23:45

Quote:

I think you know my C&C about this project Gafgar, it's all quite positive btw

Cheers

Frazzle

Hehe ^^, thanks... :] but is there nothing negative at all that you can say so that i may fix it? ^^ (read the replies i maid in the other thread before though :], and maybe there is something i said there that you don't like, the bad things is stuff i can try to fix ^^, but the good things is actually also good to know, so that i don't change them)

I am glad that you have posetive thoughts of the project of course ^^
© 2024 lite-C Forums