Yet unnamed zombie game.

Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/25/07 21:14

Well I'm am trying to make a somewhat good game with the A6 templates, just to see if you can. It is a black & white zombie FPS set in the 1940s and it will be short only about 8 to 9 levels. I am using mostly free models and not my own. I have only been working on it for less than a week and it still needs a lot of work. I only have one zombie at the moment and the hud's layers need to be done.

Well anyway here is a video.
Zombie Game Test Video

And does anyone have an idea for a name? I can't think of one.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/25/07 21:46

Wow, thats pretty cool for a weeks work.
I see working panels, weap animation calls, die frames, good work!
It looks pretty spooky too with the black 'n white and the sounds are appropriate.

The Cure
Gothic Blast
ZombieZone

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 00:03

I was thinking about calling it "From The Fog" or "From The Darkness". Because it needs a name like an old horror movie from the 1940s.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 00:44

good stuff mate! i'm looking forward to seeing how this develops further. i'm hoping for some more varied zombies and of course a more interesting level but i guess you know that -- this is great for a week's work! it would be good to see if you can make something fun out of the a6 templates

what about "They came from the fog!"
or "The coming of the un-dead!"

something with a "!" really old movies didn't have very creative movie names (yes, it is a gross generalisation, but it isn't going to sound 40's if it doesn't follow the generalised stereotype).

julz
Posted By: alienheretic

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 01:21

cool would look even better if you made only the blood red

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 01:24

"They came from the fog!" is a good idea. I just don't want zombie or undead in the title.

The video is just a gameplay test. The real levels will be like old farm houses, woods, swamps, country churches, corn fields and the like. So you are in the middle of nowhere with very basic weapons.

So far the 1st level is on an old road and you just flipped your car dodging something in the road, so you are on foot, on a foggy night in the middle of nowhere.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 01:28

Quote:

cool would look even better if you made only the blood red

It was at the start, but it took away from the old black & white movie feel.
I was even thinking about putting some film graininess on the screen.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 02:45

"i could help you with that"

i still can't believe you won't let me help of course that would defeat the purpose of "made with the templates"........but i do like your progress, and it was fun to play
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 03:51

Attack of hitlers!

they do look like hitler for the distance tho.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 04:05

lol

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 04:15

lol he said it before i did, i didn't think about it until i saw the video. But in all serious-ness-ness-ess-ss-s.....i would be more than happy to help you when you do need to code, i can teach you how without "doing it for you"

random off-topic comment: soon i'll have my mod system (the free one) completed thanks to a good friend, and will be in showcase, or maybe contributions..
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 09:09

is it just me or.... well, do the zombies look like hitler?
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 09:25

i thought the same xD
Posted By: aztec

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 11:11

Hehe^^
nice video
I noticed that you picked up more weapons
than just the Pumpgun,Thompson and Pistol
or am I wrong?
I thought that you picked up a sniper-rifle at one point
looking really cool
Regards
Aztec
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 12:36

i like the way zombies appear from the fog, black'n'white concept also looks cool. Conclusion - nice work
Posted By: padrino

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 14:19

game seems alright, but who the hell used an adolf hitler face?

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 15:20

The zombie is just a James Bond model by Javed and in all honesty I never thought it looked like hitler, but yeah it kinda does. Its because the shadow under his nose.

Here is the original model by Javed.

And here is the reskined zombie.

Posted By: flits

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 17:45

lol its look like a game i could be addicted from, realy

i would like to see a lvl white a church and a scary tombes where zombie come out
but this is good for a week "i am busy white a new game and after 2 monhts i still dont have a model done and there is still no lvl sound ore mostley anything"

but it would be diffuclt to add much more stuff on this game only thing i miss is a lvl to play in and you need realy more zombies

name: "They came from the fog
dammm 1940"
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 19:48

Nice starts, this actually proves that the templates are usefull which I never doubted in my entire experience with 3dgs
Keep up the good work
Btw, is this a project you're doing together with Manslayer or all by yourself ^^ ??

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 20:22

Its just me. I'm asking M101 things from time to time but its mainly just a side project for me. We are still very much at work on PreVa.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 20:30

Well I'm not modeling much, only what I can't find for free. Because most of my modeling time is being spent on PreVa. If I was doing all the modeling from scratch there is no way I could have got this far in less than a week. But that is the point I'm trying to see if you can make a good game and sell it with mainly the templates and what you can find for free.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 20:40

indeed, PreVa is far from abandoned, although we are both working on a side project(s) each, PreVa is still the main one, but like he mentioned, i'm not coding this game for him, just helping him along the way

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 21:26

Quote:

indeed, PreVa is far from abandoned, although we are both working on a side project(s) each, PreVa is still the main one ...

Good to hear PreVa is still running, havn't seen much of it lately but I guess you guys are just 'cleaning things up' for the big release

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 21:28

actually, i'll leave a bit of an update since you're interested

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/26/07 21:38

Quote:

actually, i'll leave a bit of an update since you're interested

Can't wait already
Let's keep it on-topic further on ^^

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 04:52

as long as you guys are willing don't be afraid to ask for screens or videos we've already shown off the game too early, we're already knee deep in it anyway, so if you want to see something that we don't mind showing, just ask....

ok this is about the zombie game...so enough about preva, we'll leave all the questions and answers about it in it's forum now i sound like a mod, but it's true
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 05:58

They came from over yonder
Creepin Maggot Bait
Rise of the Stiffs
Realm of Flies
The Walkin Crusty Dusties
Dusk's Dawn of the Husks
What's that smell?
Busy Bodies
Grave Circumstances
Dressed up with somewhere to go
Too Fly to Die(-n-Lie)
Night of the Bumpin Uglies (um)
The Newly Un-departed
The Morticians Prank
Not Deep Enough
Souls of the Soil
Meat for Thought
Attack of the Brain Munchin Creep Cadavers
Dainty Dirt Dwellers
Rest in Peace, or Don't

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 08:30

Quote:

Rise of the Stiffs

awesome -- so relevant, yet it reeks of sexual undertones. it's got my vote!

julz

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 14:42

LOL

Quote:

They came from over yonder
Creepin Maggot Bait
Rise of the Stiffs
Realm of Flies
The Walkin Crusty Dusties
Dusk's Dawn of the Husks
What's that smell?
Busy Bodies
Grave Circumstances
Dressed up with somewhere to go
Too Fly to Die(-n-Lie)
Night of the Bumpin Uglies (um)
The Newly Un-departed
The Morticians Prank
Not Deep Enough
Souls of the Soil
Meat for Thought
Attack of the Brain Munchin Creep Cadavers
Dainty Dirt Dwellers
Rest in Peace, or Don't

rofl pure genius

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 16:33

He is a genius indeed

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 18:03

Some of those are just wrong...
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 18:34

i cannot comment on anything...
basically, you worked weeks on reskinning a model you havent made and incorporate it into the templates code...

sorry but there is nothing there i really see YOU made... isee a reskinned model and ttemplate code with a downloaded gun...

and it doesnt even look like the code actually works.

sorry for sounding so harsh but that is the truth...
Posted By: TSG_Torsten

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 18:54

Sorry, but I've also to agree with sP|Ke

I see an empty level with default textures, some models (all the same persons), and templates.

Sometimes I can't understand why so many forum members make great comments to a simple "template-game" and don't comment to others, self programmed/self made projects...

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 19:11

Thanks guys, but thats the point. To see if you can make a good game with the templates and free models. Did you not read that? And the level is a gameplay test its not a level from the game. But thanks for your comments.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 19:13

i did read that. but thats not what i meant. i said, I CANNOT COMMEND on anything i see...

the other can comment, but i dont know what they comment?

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 19:16

If you can't "comment", then why post?

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 19:19

to point the error in peoples posts out

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/27/07 19:24

Thanks for your comments Spike but their are a lot of things in the game that I will have to make "ie" levels and some models. It will look better when those are done.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/28/07 01:01

@sP|Ke: from what we've been shown, we see a gameplay preview and a visual brief on the atmosphere and style mpdeveloper_A is going for. we see evidence on design and experimentation (at least in testing out the idea of red blood but sticking with black'n'white). people who responded positively like the design and look forward to the final result, given the direction in which mdpA is heading.

here's the only error i see in this thread after a brief scan:
Quote:

... you worked weeks on ...

Quote:

I have only been working on it for less than a week

your comments could have at least been reworded under the guise of constructive criticism.

julz
Posted By: TooLmaN

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/28/07 01:12

For the record, MPD did all the music on this one. I'm not to blame! :O

JK, dude. The simplicity and ominous feel is what sells that demo!
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/28/07 10:49

Nice one, but when you shot a weapon not your Arm moves down but the weapon moves up.

The shots seem to be quite slow or are they only for visual purpose (I'd advice so, since it is the best way to split shots into no-time-effect and timed animation)

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/28/07 13:47

Well with the weapons I wanted to give a feel of a normal person not a soldier, thats also why their is no cross hair. But I am going to add some more animation to the tommygun.
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/29/07 10:49

I think you missunderstood what I wanted to say.

A gun that is fired creates a force directing to the oppsosing direction where the bullet goes to (with the same energy that the bullet got).

The weapon wants to go backwards, but there is the hand which creates a force to avoid this. But since the mass-point of gun and hand is not behind the barrel, but below, somewhere inbetween hand-force and shot-force, both opposion forces create an angular momentum that rotates the weapon.
As your upper arm is not stretchable the gun in your arm has to rotate around your ellbow, and that's the point which is wrong in your animation.

You rotate around the weapon and thus stretch the upper arm downwards, but you have to rotate around the ellbow.

Look at my western shooter video to get what I mean.

Posted By: chaotic_dragon

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/29/07 11:46

i see what vietnam is trying to explain to you. ive watched your video several times and noticed some mistakes:
When the pistol is shot the rear end of the arm falls down and the gun goes up. As a constant shooter in real life ide have to say you need recoil, when the pistol is shot make the arm bend slightly and have the gun go up (barrell first).
secondly: when the bullet hits the zombie it creates a dust looking effect, i know this is only just been created and am not trying to say that this dust effect was made on purpose.
overall i like it mate. I like the black n white effect, i like how the zombies appear in the fog and overall i like the storyline so far (olden style fps).

I am currently creating a zombie game called horde (copyright haha jk) and am willing to help in anyway possible.

p.s oh i didnt know you created the old western video lol i enjoyed watching that a while back when i first started out lol. And sorry for such a long post...

cheers - Dragon -

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/29/07 14:42

I'll see what I can do.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/30/07 05:51

cheers mate lol and if anyone knows any good sites for tuts on modeling standard people can you please send a link (sorry this post isnt to do with anything supposed to be mentioned but i thought i might aswell ask) ohh and im willing to help anyone with modeling as i am currently looking for experience so its free lol....

regards, Dragon

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/30/07 11:56

goodnight species,
horrible silence,
chilling silence,
deadly existantce,
threat of mankind,
the end is near,
uncontrolable impact,
biohazard festivities,
true awakening,
history at its worst,
dawn is near......

those are some names i came up with as i was writing, hope you like (some spelling errors may occur in my writing just notify me of them )

once again from dragon...

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 10/30/07 15:25

dawn is near sounds like a 40s zombie movie, like "dawn of the dead". btw chaotic_dragon, we'll get back to you on your email
Posted By: Wade_Adams

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 11/01/07 01:51

I never much messed with the A6 templates, but I would try to stagger the percentage of the amimation that they start on. That way they would all raise their arm at the same time. It would look less like a hilter convention then lol.

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 11/01/07 08:07

lol hie hitler hahaha [censored] i hate that bitch....yeah it does sound like dawn of the dead ay lol i love that movie its got some good [censored] in it, yeah i got your email just sent one back..

regards (read my signiture im sick of typing it lol)
Posted By: cholasimmons

Re: Yet unnamed zombie game. - 11/14/07 18:00

Krap from the past!!
ow THATS a million dollar game title for it!
© 2024 lite-C Forums