Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?)

Posted By: fuxerz

Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 20:33

here,my latest model,wich i finally finished cuz work and school is killing my time.Tell me what you guys think

Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 20:37

Absolutely insane and awesome work. Keep it on!

Maybe some blood spray on the sword could give it a very special touch of "beside mainstream manga"
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 20:39

Yeah great! I saw you used Lightwave and Photoshop, maybe you could write a tutorial for professional model creating?
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 20:40

o__o

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 20:42

hmm me writing tutorials??? might happend,but still only when i get some free time again
Posted By: ello

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 20:50

quite nice.. personally i find the sword a bit oversized compared to the muscles, but well..
i like how the face is looking

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 21:00

ello thats clouds buster sword!!! its supposed to be big
Posted By: FBL

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 21:13

Hm... good match I'd say
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 21:29

simply awesome
Posted By: broozar

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 22:02

poly count is ok, skins are simply oversized. the hair is impressive, as the general detail and your feeling for materials (>hair, >boots, >sword). all in all excellent modelling job, but i wouldn't use it ingame as it is now.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 23:15

He doesn't look very "anime" but if you were going for more of a realistic look you nailed it. Nice work!
Posted By: Straight_Heart

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/29/07 23:33

everything is amazing Fuxers......except the face. Unless you can show different angles of his face. So judging from this angle it dosent look like Cloud. Maybe the jaw line or cheeks are too fat, because Cloud has the typical sharp chin anime pretty boy look and its not seen in your model's face.

And unless theres a reason, I dont see the need for an unecissary noise filter/texture you have on the pants, it makes it seem you added noise just to give it texture, which is not needed. Maybe you can change the pants texture and put in some small visible threads which flow with the legs.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 08:13

heya there fux.

2 minor things i only noticed just now.
the bandana around his right hand has a UV problem.
and the right shoulder pad... cloud doesnt have that, he only has a left one

regards,
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 08:28

Very good textures, cool modelling and a nice pose. You did an amazing job! Congratulation.

And I say that though I dont like this kind of anime stuff. For me it looks like a young boy with a big toy ready for the playground

Nevertheless I admire your skills.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 09:07

that's pure awesome! but with that detail the only crit I have is that the feet look pretty polied

the sword is überawesome ^^
Posted By: Toast

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 11:33

I have to agree with Straight_Heart: He looks amazing except for the face - that's just not Cloud. He looks somewhat like this:

Enjoy your meal
Toast
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 11:57

wow. i really gotta get around to seeing that movie.

yeah, improve the face, that's the first thing that hit me. clothes too grainy (already said) and don't look fabric. but it's very nice artwork overall. most of the textures look great. everything looks like it's been made with care.

good form, too. the shape of the pants is very good

of course, seeing a fuxerz showcase thread always brings high expectations from the word "go". this is quite good all in all.

julz
Posted By: darkjavas

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 14:56

This is really amazing, good work mate.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 17:56

Amazing work, even for +-8000 tris I like the amount of detail you putted in there
The hair is the best part, smooth form. This can't be denied, a new Andvari is like to be born, pro work !!

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 18:19

it looks like cloud with a more "realistic" approach, as mpdev said if you're going for that style, then nice work.

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 18:54

Guys let me explain smth,im NOT doing Cloud from the movie,im not doing Cloud from the PSX Game,and im SOOOOOOOOOO not doing him in the old square concept
I'm doing the Crisis Core Cloud,you can see him in all his glory at the end of the game when he gets the sword.here,let me refresh your memory.
Now to the guy who says 2 1024 are too much,i dont think so,nextgen is all about textures and 2048 are being used in ps3 games so 2 1024 are less memory than 1 2048.Its not like you are going to see 100 Clouds at the same time in a scene,is it? Anyway i am confident with what specs are needed for a mode,its not my first....
I'm going to update him again,after reading alot of good crits so stay tuned for a better one.Thanks alot for your help

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 21:47

here,fixed mostly the clothes and the sword

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 21:52

Have you ever played Crisis Core, because i love ff7 i have the film and games but not Crisis Core, can you give me info on this game please.

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 22:05

of course i did,simply awsome couldnt understand much though its all in jap

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 22:13

lol the english version is out in 31 days okay.
Posted By: Andvari

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 22:20

Amazing work bro!, my only crit is that the "noise" filter seems to be a bit overused and i think you're using too much contrast on the hair. But besides that, you did an incredible job

Darkjavas: I have the game crisis core and i have to say that i hated it =/ i didn't like the new combat system and the lack of exploration, it's like cutscene - fight - another cutscene - fight - and so on....
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 22:22

fuxerz: now I noticed the problem in the face; it's the jaw. It should be more bony. I mean that it has too much "fat" in there.
Posted By: Marin

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 23:02

Gr8 work ,Looks like Square-Enix quality.
I always love your work

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/30/07 23:09

Andvari: Ah so its not as good as the others then.

fuxerz: Inestical is right, he does look abit chubby around the jaw.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/31/07 00:27

Quote:

lol the english version is out in 31 days okay.

Just to get this right, are you saying Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII for psp is out in about 31 days? That's awesome news!!

Cheers
Posted By: Gafgar

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/31/07 00:46

Pretty nice model, thou... I would say that it would need more pale skin and over all more pail colours, smaller head and longer arms... though only a little longer arms, but I can be this view. But I doubt it... and judging from the images you posted he would still need a little more girly look in his face ;D

I wish I had the time to create some models.. -_-.. is almost a year since I had time to model a series model... o_o...

Good work any way ^^, the thing I think it needs the most is the more pale tuned colours… but that is probably because I love the graphical style of the FF7 movie ^^

Re: Trying out Cloud (shoudl'nt i?) - 10/31/07 09:08

Its 30 days now Game preview
© 2024 lite-C Forums