my new car model

Posted By: molotov

my new car model - 11/26/07 18:56

Hey everybody, I've been working on a car model for a while and I like to know what you all think of it. The images in the left lower corner are normal model images, the rest are with metal shader. The image in the center is the car with damage. Hope you all enjoy it, Molotov.

Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Re: my new car model - 11/26/07 19:13

It's not bad for low poly model.
Posted By: Mythran

Re: my new car model - 11/26/07 19:29

Great job.
Posted By: broozar

Re: my new car model - 11/26/07 19:50

very basic and blocky, boring texture except for the bottom. no damaged car looks so distorted like yours.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: my new car model - 11/26/07 20:51

Despite the previous 'negative' comment, I can actually say it looks quite good for a low poly car
But I can agrea with broozar's pov about the texture, improve that abit and it will look even better

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: my new car model - 11/26/07 21:15

Quote:

no damaged car looks so distorted like yours.

He probably ment they look even worse

Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: my new car model - 11/27/07 12:45

I like that car. It seems to reach the standards of contemporary browser games.
(Take look at big point.com.)
Is it actually a shader or simply a setting of the material?
The skin for the upper parts of the car seems to be very small.
At least the front end between the lights could need more details.
The distorted frame of the car is exaggerated and doesn't look realistic.
You have to consider the core parts of the car which cant be deformed very much.
Maybe, you have to add polygons to get a realistic deformation.
Posted By: aztec

Re: my new car model - 11/27/07 14:11

Kinda remains me of good old
GTA Vice City great job there
Regards
Aztec

Re: my new car model - 11/27/07 14:37

Hey everybody, thanks for the comments. The car is supposed to be low poly, the goal was to keep it under the 1500 faces. @Pappenheimer, sorry I made a mistake, it's a material aplyed and not a shader. The damage is a very basic system and is only achieved by dislocating vertices. Also I will try to improve the skin, but I'm really worse in skinning. I used a small matchbox car as my inspiration and they do not have many details. So could somebody give some comments about what they are missing in the skin. By the way my goal was not to achieve a very detailed car but to make it look like the cars in the GTA games.
Posted By: rincewind

Re: my new car model - 11/27/07 16:19

yep, I like it too.. sure it is lowpoly, but for a basic model it is really well done, although the front part could be a bit more detailed. The texture appears to be a little too blocky as compared to the rest of the texture. Good job, Molotov - i like it.

Cheers
Rince

Re: my new car model - 12/04/07 08:50

Hey everybody, the company "Taxi 4 U" is proud to present there new vehicle. It's a low poly cab inspired by the old New York cab and GTA cab. The car images are all with a metal material aplyed to it. Hope you all like it and let me know where I can inprove it.

Have a nice day, Molotov.
Posted By: aztec

Re: my new car model - 12/04/07 14:40

Dude this looks neat
Posted By: frazzle

Re: my new car model - 12/04/07 20:01

Nice indeed, this time the texture fits perfectly, yellow is the color for a taxi which is obvious but the skinning does look done properly as like the model itself qua form does too

Cheers

Frazzle
© 2024 lite-C Forums