My RPG game

Posted By: bomber

My RPG game - 02/02/08 08:12

This is an rpg game a made with the nha rpg templates as I startpoint, it's playable but needs improving so it's not exactly finished.
Some sceens:

Posted By: Inestical

Re: My RPG game - 02/02/08 12:27

use detailmap for the terrain. the terrain looks... awful.
Posted By: alleen

Re: My RPG game - 02/02/08 14:34

i think it's because bomber used just a huge plain block for the ground

it doesn't bother me so much, cause i actually like abstract looking worlds, but nethertheless, it's quite empty yet (no npcs, no anything). maybe it would make more sense to work on a small, detailed area, rather than on a complete town right from the start? it's just a thought
Posted By: croman

Re: My RPG game - 02/02/08 14:38

Well..you need to fix that terrain even if it is not a .hmp file. Fix it. Take a look at this Patria rpg. Take some idea from our rpg or even join our team. www.croman.frehoxt.com
Posted By: frazzle

Re: My RPG game - 02/02/08 16:20

This is a nice start but you need to add more RPG like elements and the terrain/block is to straight forward thus adding some variations would make it look more RPG like I guess you should experiment more with the different looks which eventually will give you more experience to create a beter visual Btw, nice mouse pointer ^^ !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 06:07

Quote:

i think it's because bomber used just a huge plain block for the ground

it doesn't bother me so much, cause i actually like abstract looking worlds, but nethertheless, it's quite empty yet (no npcs, no anything). maybe it would make more sense to work on a small, detailed area, rather than on a complete town right from the start? it's just a thought

It's not empty it's just not sceenshots in the there are 4 npcs in the second pic if you look closer!

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 07:52

Tried to make the terrain look
better but it's still ugly but better than before.

Posted By: lostclimate

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 08:40

why is your texture scaled so big?

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 08:57

because the terrain is scaled up big,it's huge there are 4 towns, 1 rural area, and 1 desert
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 09:14

cut the terrain in parts and sew them together and use multitexturing on the single pieces. maybe some lod would be wise as well if you plan to have a long view distance.

cheers

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 10:06

...just finished doing that...it's detail doesn't have much improvement, but the frame rates are higher
Posted By: Slin

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 10:52

The easiest way to add some detail to your terrain is to use a detailmap.
Just create a small (f.e. 128*128) tileable greyscale texture and add it as the second skin to the hmp file.
This page is in german but on top are two examples for detailmaps:
http://www.darkmountain.de/detailmap.htm
It will already look much better, though a multitextureshader would be even cooler
Posted By: Damocles

Re: My RPG game - 02/03/08 20:51

Oh, I cant really read simplified Chinese,
but from what i can read is:

Blood, magic, type of magic, weapon

Re: My RPG game - 02/04/08 11:51

yes, I had a hard time translating it to Chinese too. NHA uses ilf and nfs format for spells and items, but it didn't support Chinese so I converted them to txt format

Re: My RPG game - 02/04/08 13:11

with detailmap:

Posted By: croman

Re: My RPG game - 02/04/08 13:18

Are you interested in programmer role in CroMan team? We are currently developing Patria rpg game. You can see screenshots, and demo under Showcase I -> Patria.

Contact me on:: croman_info@yahoo.com
Posted By: Slin

Re: My RPG game - 02/04/08 14:45

I donīt see a detailmap? o.O

Re: My RPG game - 02/05/08 03:31

Quote:

Are you interested in programmer role in CroMan team? We are currently developing Patria rpg game. You can see screenshots, and demo under Showcase I -> Patria.

Contact me on:: croman_info@yahoo.com

ok I'll try
Posted By: totti10

Re: My RPG game - 02/19/08 16:28

how do you the shadow effect ?
Posted By: jonkuhl

Re: My RPG game - 02/22/08 05:09

It needs less uniformity. Try varying the buildings. Be careful of using the same model twice. I mean, some famous games like World of Warcraft do this, (presumably to save time, money, and memory) but it can be really bad to do it too much. Almost every town in WoW has the same looking inn for example, but Blizzard makes up for it by making diverse and expansive zones that players run around and fight in. They barely notice that Goldshire and Darkshire and Lakeshire (Shire? ) and all these other towns have the same buildings. I guess what I'm trying to say is, go for variety. If you can pull off reusing a model, great, but be subtle when you do so.
© 2024 lite-C Forums