fun tower defense project

Posted By: Joozey

fun tower defense project - 05/02/08 00:33

We will all gonna die!

In the year 2506 the yellow blubbles invaded earth, lucky we had futuristic odd laserweapons to beam them to pieces! (no pieces included in the video yet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdtEr_rHaUA

It's all fully 2D! Including animations!
Yes people, it's amazing! Woopee.

Small test for fun as I got bored of my other 543 unfinished projects. This project will probably fail as well since I'm totaly done photoshopping all the stuffs and items.

Sad world.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/02/08 11:00

Looks amazing indeed ;\) ;\)
Like all of your projects, this has got some potential as well so I would advice you to stick to the plan this
time ^^ But I must say that I actually like your style of graphical design, it's clean and everytime it has got something futuristic/cartoony in it which makes it pretty unique \:\) \:\)

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: dblade

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/02/08 11:23

I agree with frazzle, this looks great. I also like this sort of lasers, they follow the enemies in a nice way. Would be great if you continue working on this and may release a demo.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/02/08 12:15

agreed, keep it up!
different towers and units would be fun! \:\)
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/02/08 13:51

"We will all gonna die!"

\:D isn't that supposed to be "We're all gonna die!" lol \:D sorry couldn't resist

also the game seems cool, your animations are great, i'd love to play it \:D

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/03/08 18:15

Thanx everyone for the comments \:\)
Stop deleting your posts testdummy \:D .

You can now see the blubbles die:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFmGGra-qqg

I'll just go make some pritty environments now.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/03/08 20:25

I have to admit that I don't like the dying of the bubbles, although I like the general style. What about letting them fall apart instead? And bit green spots between the pieces.

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/03/08 20:31

You don't like the blood or the animation?

EDIT:
Yeah I think it's a little too bloody, doesn't fit the style. Maybe I'll just desintegrate them.. or vaporize.. let them turn black and fade them away... or literally explode like balloons... let all bodyparts falling apart bouncing away...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/03/08 23:39

I like red lasers better, but so far this looks incredibly cool. How did you do the 2D animations?

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/04/08 00:15

I had red lasers, but it didn't fit the blue lights in the turrets. I'll probably add multiple colors and change them when upgrading the turrets ;). Easy eyecandy and play-motivation.

[recipee]

Now it's time for 2D animations!

Needed:

• string manipulating functions.
  • Two string pointers and one panel pointer.
  • pan_create ánd pan_remove!
  • Your mind and a good mood! ha-ha-ha...

Define the two string and one panel pointer, then start a new function.

Take a long empty string. Build the string up like this:
"window (0,0,64,64,map_tga," + play_animation*64 + ", " + animation_frame*64 + "); flags=VISIBLE;"

Let the string process by a pan_create function and do this every frame (removing the old panel first).

play_animation is the animation you want to play (number from 0 to max_animations)
animation_frame is the frame of the animation you want to display (number from 0 to animation_length)

Now create a bitmap containing several rows of animations, each animation vertically displayed frame by frame.

graphical example and code sample:

Code:
	//I'm not responsible for crashing your harddisk, use at own risk.
	str_cpy (tempstr, "window(0, 0, 64, 64, bmap_name, ");

str_for_num (numstr, play_animation*64);
	str_cat (tempstr, numstr);
	str_cat (tempstr, ", ");

str_for_num (numstr, animation_frame*64);
	str_cat (tempstr, numstr);
	str_cat (tempstr, "); flags=VISIBLE;");

pan_remove(enemyPanel); //delete the older version of the enemy
	enemyPanel = pan_create(tempstr, 10); //display a new frame

I am sure you have enough information now to figure out yourself! Go ahead, make your own marvelous 2d games, and make me proud!

[/recipee]
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/04/08 07:12

Looks pretty good so far, but I agree with Pappenheimer, the "die" animation doesn't fit.

Oh the dead "bubbles" should be put on a lower layer. Because at the moment the living are walking underneath the dead ;\)
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/08/08 20:34

I "love" tower defense games!!!!

They are easy to make and there aren't that many commercial ones out there that someone with imagination could make some nice TD genre or Hybrid genre games...

...like this guy!

http://www.mrjoy.com/games/7

"Buy for Windows $24.95
Buy for MacOS $24.95 "
Posted By: OblivionDrake

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/08/08 22:45

the reason i think that there arnt that many comercial games are because of blizzards battle.net World Editor were you can make tower defence with graphics as good as horde of orcs in fact i think i recall playin a game just like it on battle.net

and incase i confused you its Warcraft III Frozen Throne's battle.net

so if you like tower defence games thats the place to go there are crap loads of them and being someone that played prety much all of them to date the best one ever(my opinion) is Gem TD.

Note: until this post i thought TD were invented by Blizzard learn somethin new every day on this forum

Re: fun tower defense project - 05/08/08 23:51

I liked onslaught, desktop tower defense and vector TD, but as long as they are 2D, simple, not medieval and 'good' graphics, I enjoy them all ^^.

No progress yet with the game other than that I replaced the bloody death animation with a desintegration animation of which im not happy with yet :P .
© 2024 lite-C Forums