Project WIP

Posted By: TechMuc

Project WIP - 07/18/08 17:04

Hey,

I want to show you my very WIP project smile Normally it's not good to show WIP projects but I'm a bit board because i didn't find a solution to a problem in my code ^^

So here is... tada..my secret editor i'm working on.. no infos from my side because everything is wip (maybe 5%? wink ) and is about to be changed in future.
At first screenshots:

Does somebody know anyone who has experience in this topic? I need help especially in shaders and in WMP loading/saving.
greetings

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Project WIP - 07/18/08 18:57

hey. this looks fantastic.
Hopefully you will finish it. Ingame Editors are needed here.
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Project WIP - 07/18/08 19:02

wow, that looks neat laugh you can check out my visual level editor for some ideas, it's in AU demos and open-sourced smile
Posted By: Quad

Re: Project WIP - 07/18/08 20:12

cool.
Posted By: Poison

Re: Project WIP - 07/19/08 09:19

Fantastic!!
We need this...!!!!!!

Re: Project WIP - 07/19/08 12:33

added some features..
btw: The editor is written completely in c++ with the help of the engine sdk.

Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: Project WIP - 07/19/08 13:56

This looks very promising already! smile
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Project WIP - 07/19/08 15:45

If this is only 5% of what your planning to do, then I'm very curious to see the full 100% smile smile
Looks great wink wink

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: TSG_Torsten

Re: Project WIP - 07/20/08 15:49

Great, especially because you say it is just WIP, it looks to me like a program which is already near to finish wink
What I really like is the search function for entitys and the different filters, cool and also very handy smile

Will there also be an ability to edit terrains and texture them?

Regards
TSGames

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 11:41

Again added some features..

1) Realtime changing of shaders

==>

==>

The worst thing which can happen is a small error. You can edit the programming fault and work on without a crap crash

2) Set Properties for Entities BEFORE creating them (save model-file-based). E.g. you switch transparent on for a tree model, every created tree model will be transparent. Can save a bunch of time,

3) Create and remove materials

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 12:12

cool, nice features you added there.

and you are not just talking(like some people do) you are showing it too wink cant wait this tool's release/beta/alpha etc.

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 12:43

Iīm very curious, about that thing... smile
Canīt wait too, to play around with it... laugh

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 15:28

Finally added some kind of terrain deforming

Posted By: croman

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 16:12

man..that's great tool you're working on. just keep posting the new features you add.

and i have to repeat torsten's question: are you planning to add realtime terrain texturing? i see that you're implementing terrain deforming but texturing would be extremely great feature.

keep up the great work and post your new features here...
Posted By: oliver2s

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 16:15

Looks very promising. Can't for the tutorial. But I have one question. Do you have to write the complete editor with all functions in C++ or do write the most stuff with C-Lite?
Posted By: Wicht

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 18:09

Can you use any kind of lightmapping in your editor? Is this feature planned? If not... sorry... the editor would be useless.
Posted By: Slin

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 18:23

Originally Posted By: Wicht
If not... sorry... the editor would be useless.

Why would it be useless? I donīt know how it is with this project and there probably arenīt too many thinking the same but I myself do most stuff for they way and not for the result. I want to learn something when playing around with different open source libraries or some special things like head tracking, anaglyphs or just basic shaders. Even is the result is bad I would never call those things useless. Maybe for you but it is not for me.

About this project, it looks very nice so far and you seem to make some very fast progress. It is btw quite easy to get some basic static shadows working... The integrated shader editor looks like awsome stuff :P
Just go on and have fun with what you are doing smile
Posted By: Wicht

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 18:43

@Slin:
Dont get me wrong. I like the editor. But it makes no sense to create a wysiwyg-editor with no lightmapping.
A complete level only with dynamic shadows? Dream on.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 18:57

unless you had dynamic shadow mapping which is very much coming close to a possibility for 3dgs users.

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 21:16

I plan to implement terrain shadows (models/sprites casting shadow on terrain - maybe also self shadowing).

What do you mean with lightmapping? Of course I'll support creating lights. I'll "fake" them in the editor with dynamic lights, and when the compiling starts replace them with static lights. But create dynamic lights on the fly without a "rendering lightmaps" compiler seems to be really impossible to me. Or do you have a good idea how to realize that?

yes terrain painting is planed.

And again: Everybody is free to help me with the development of the editor.The only requirement is a good knowledge in C-Lite / C++.

@Oliver: you can contact me via: 392692244 (icq)

Re: Project WIP - 07/22/08 21:29

Maybe it would be a solution to completely ignore all lightmaps when loading the level. Than replace every static with a dynamic light. Of course a preview mode with static lights would be possible, but I can not reduce the lightmap-compiling times.. thats the thing of the 3DGS-Compiler (I don't want to compile levels on myself smile ).

Actually I'm just a little bit afraid of the wysiwyg preview quality if the level consists of dynamic lights..

EDIT: [b] Does anyone know a possiblity to build a level (which has lights in it) in a very fast way - WITHOUT paying attention to the lights ==> the level has to be completely black.
I could change the lightmap gamma to 0, but the damn lightmap compiler doesn't get it and generates all the shadowmaps..)[
/b]
Posted By: Steev

Re: Project WIP - 07/24/08 08:04

This is a great project. Most I like it, that it is programmed in C++ because Iīve the problem with most of liteC programs, that they are to slow.

Lightmaps would be usefull. But if there is no lightmapping, the tool is of course not useless.

Re: Project WIP - 07/25/08 10:54

And again added some features.
The most important one, you can not see.
1) You're now able to save created/changed/removed materials.
2) Levels are saved correctly. Additionally I now load everything out of the wmp file ==> Everything (could)/can be changed (paths/sounds etc.)

Again: I'm always searching for support. No matter if coders (c-lite/c++) / designers / shader programmers / sound developers or whatever. WRITE ME A PM smile
3D-Gamestudio includes to less resources therefore everything is needed.. shader/code/sound/model etc. etc. libraries. And everything is easy to implement in this program.
(and maybe i could also need a little bit of help with the programming ^^)

Working on a shader-library right now:

Enhanced possiblities to deform terrains:

working on the light feature. I'm not sure if it's possible to implement it, but maybe it could.. The first feature shows the scene with static, the second with, i admit, a little bit edited dynamic lights, which than can be edited.

better entity editing support:

better shader support

Re: Project WIP - 07/25/08 18:51

great, it's nothing but great smile
anyway, when do you approximately plan to gives a demo or even finished version?
Posted By: cro_games

Re: Project WIP - 07/27/08 13:00

Yes..demo would be good..keep up the good work..

Re: Project WIP - 07/27/08 23:43

@cro and cerberi: It's a freeware project.. help and it'll be released faster..

@all: new features:

1) an optional new tab bar on the left side in which you can move every tab.

2) Generating / smoothing / painting on heightmap

greets

Re: Project WIP - 07/30/08 11:52

Working on the Model library (as always: Every moddler who wants to contribute sth. is welcome)

Additionally the terrain creating system (implemented splitting of heightmap / skins and terrains) is almost finished.

greets
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Project WIP - 07/30/08 14:08

Just one word:
Awesome!

edit:
Now that I've been cured from astonishment let me say that this project looks very good and very interesting so far.
To me it looks way better than GameEdit, or what was the name (I mean the ingame editor of Triple-X).

Keep up the good work!

Sorry that I cannot be of any help.

Re: Project WIP - 07/30/08 15:18

Yes it was GameEdit wink

Re: Project WIP - 07/30/08 23:07

Working on the creation of terrains

Re: Project WIP - 08/01/08 12:33

still working on the model library.. 269 free and 5 credit models atm

Re: Project WIP - 08/01/08 13:44

omg. look at that library laugh

Re: Project WIP - 08/01/08 13:47

This will be very good for beginners..

Re: Project WIP - 08/01/08 15:40

~375 models now..

Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Project WIP - 08/01/08 15:41

nice

Re: Project WIP - 08/01/08 22:20

cool...have you worked on some other features but model library? if you did, can you post some of those screens?
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: Project WIP - 08/01/08 23:08

This is looking great! This will be especially nice because sometimes simple adjustments are better off done in-game as the result can be seen more clearly in my opinion.

Re: Project WIP - 08/02/08 07:24

okay i promise: last shot of the model library. From now on more work on the terrain code

Implemened second navigation row.

Re: Project WIP - 08/03/08 16:40

I'm away next month, do don't care about missing posts.

Re: Project WIP - 09/11/08 00:36

working on the Undo System...

Still searching programmers, artists and mappers.

Project WIP - 09/11/08 00:50

Added possiblity to create new frames (unlimited number) in which you can move menu points. This makes the work with the program a lot easier

btw: The project is written 99% in C++ (==> no compiling times, faster and better menu design, faster development)

Posted By: jigalypuff

Re: Project WIP - 09/11/08 07:31

gotta point this out, it`s spaceship not spaceshit (at least i hope so smile )
Posted By: ryangregory

Re: Project WIP - 09/12/08 00:34

lol, spaceshit.

Anyway, great work youve done on this project, I really want you to suceed and finish this project.
Good luck with it,
Ryan.

Re: Project WIP - 09/12/08 09:58

damn it your're right wink fixed the bug ^^

Re: Project WIP - 09/12/08 20:47

"WDL-File" and you use ".c" ;-)

Re: Project WIP - 09/26/08 17:29

worked a lot on the save system (hopefully bug free). The undo system is working too.
Additionally I added the possibility to edit the sky smile

Posted By: Dazz

Re: Project WIP - 09/28/08 10:11

Damm. This is going to be an IceX killer if this will go on like this! Good job TechMuc!

Re: Project WIP - 09/30/08 22:27

Worked on the Terrain Paint System (okay at least I admit, it's a little buggy atm wink )
You can use UNLIMITED Number of skins for each terrain.

I use a predefined shader you can integrate into your project:

but you can also of course use your own multi-texturing shader

and of course edit the shader in different windows while the engine is running smile

enough for today.
bye

Re: Project WIP - 10/01/08 05:10

GREAT!!!
NOW its a real Editor smile

Re: Project WIP - 10/01/08 09:06

this is going to be awesome.
Posted By: Enduriel

Re: Project WIP - 10/01/08 21:09

I'm really looking forward on the terrain painting with unlimited textures, hopefully it will support painting materials instead of textures later laugh when I mean materials I mean diff/norm/specc/height etc all together as "one material" smile

Good luck with this project!
Posted By: Doof_Guy

Re: Project WIP - 10/02/08 01:17

is there a download for this? looks awesome

Re: Project WIP - 10/02/08 10:05

ever c++ programmer, ever 2d/3d designer, every shader programmer is invited to help me to finish a 1.0 version of this product.. wink

More Help ==> Faster release

Re: Project WIP - 10/02/08 15:06

Added multi-creation support of entities. Trees / Gras and so no can be created much faster and in a much better way than before.

I'll upload a video today of the editor

Re: Project WIP - 10/02/08 15:09

awsome, just awesome

Re: Project WIP - 10/02/08 15:10

i get impressed over and over everytime i see the new features.

WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 12:46

As promised, here are videos of the workflow with my WIP Editor

highres video (1024x768)

lowres video (640x480)

you must have java script enabled to see the video, sorry.
the crash in the lowres video (at the very end) is fixed, don't worry wink - the video-frame will need ~5 seconds to show.
Posted By: Enduriel

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 13:10

sick stuff! great job man! Love u!

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 14:01

super sick!

you may add a setting like auto deactivate terrain editing when changing tabs.
(you know, you activate terrain editing/painting, then change tab to and start entity creation, it's bot creating entity and editing terrain. in video.)

and centering camera to selected item on the list maybe.

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 14:18

Quote:

you may add a setting like auto deactivate terrain editing when changing tabs.
(you know, you activate terrain editing/painting, then change tab to and start entity creation, it's bot creating entity and editing terrain. in video.)

You're of course right. I implemented the auto-deactivating.

Quote:

centering camera to selected item on the list maybe.

working on this atm, thanks for the hint!

Posted By: Revo

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 18:29

This... is... Awesome
But I have to ask a stupid question:
can you use this editor without GS? (because this would be greate for a friend of mine - who does it far better than me ^^ (and unlike with Earthsculptor/Blender/... he could make a whole nicer things like asign the actions smile )...?

ooh - and i have so much interesting things in mind you could maybe add to your Editor wink
(sry for my dumb english )

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 21:21

great work.

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 21:28

I dont think it really is using gamestudio at all, it is just a model/level editor, that just happens to be being designed around gamestudio.

Correct me if im wrong
Posted By: GamerX

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/03/08 22:11

This is awesome!! really great work im on the edge waiting for this. Great work so far man.

Re: WYSIWYG Workflow Video - 10/04/08 10:35

At the moment the editor is not adaptable to other game development systems, i'm sorry.

The Editor needs the wwmp2wmb.exe file to build levls, therefore it is possible to give it to your customer, as long as you own the Professional Edition of 3D-Gamestudio.

Quote:
ooh - and i have so much interesting things in mind you could maybe add to your Editor

Then contact me with your ideas via pm (you can write in german too wink )

WYSIWYG Texture-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/04/08 13:44

Working on the Material Skin editing feature at the moment. You can not only see the changes in runtime, but the script (BMAP* etc.) is also changed after saving.

Thanks to Enduriel, I'm also able to build up a texture library of high quality (1024x1024) terrain textures, you can add to your multitexture terrain directly in the editor (of course working with an SQL-Lite database, so adding textures is very very easy - maybe in future also to update the list over the internet)

Enduriel is working on the texture list atm, here just a sneak preview smile

Posted By: Shadow969

Re: WYSIWYG Texture-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/04/08 16:57

as already mentioned, this is soo sweet! smile good luck on finishing it!

Re: WYSIWYG Texture-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/04/08 17:10

any idea on how much this will cost?
Posted By: aztec

Re: WYSIWYG Texture-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/04/08 17:54

Originally Posted By: GamerX
any idea on how much this will cost?

I think he said its for free

Re: WYSIWYG Texture-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/04/08 22:17

Probably it will be free for you, yes.

Programmed the saving of bitmaps and skys (in your script) today.

Re: WYSIWYG Texture-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/05/08 00:35

Awesome, this program will be a huge hit, can't wait and thanks for showing new features ass you add them makes me want it even more lol.

WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/05/08 23:47

Working on the Shadowmap algorithmn:

of course you can directly edit (not atm - i admit ^^), delete and see the created entity (not atm) or material skin.

The shadowmap is saved properly (of course as long as you want the shadowmap to be stored in a mtl skin or in a file).

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/06/08 22:09

Worked a little bit more on the shadow algorithmn.

tomorrow I'll work on the gras system (or better said will think about a good solution)
Posted By: HeelX

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/06/08 22:47

Is this light coming from a point light or is this directional light? The shadows of the barrels at the bottom of the screen seem to be longer than the ones from the farer away ones...

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/07/08 08:13

I'm tracing directly from the sun towards the pixel (therefore the sun as a sort of "point" light. But your're right.. hmm.. i'll have a look at this "bug".

Thanks for the hint.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/07/08 11:06

you could define a sun angle and look from each vertex of the model where the trace (direction is the angle) it hits the ground or trace from each pixel with the angle so just like this
Code:
vec_set(temp.x,vector(10000,0,0));
vec_rotate(temp.x,sunangle);
vec_add(temp.x,pixelpos);
trace(pixelpos,temp.x,....);
if result==0 or you==sky
no shadow on this pixel

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/07/08 15:20

yeah, thats the way i'm searching for shadow pixels (actually i use sun_pos.x instead of calculating the position for myself). The engine places the Vector sun_pos 1 million (!!!) quants outside of the point of origin (compared to 10.000 quants in your code example).

Actually I'm a bit irritated, because a terrain is about 100-500 quants big, therefore these quants should really be not important compared to the 1 million quants distance to the terrain (at least from the mathematical point of view..)

Addionally the shadow has the same length for all models, no matter where they are on the terrain. Only self shadowing makes a "shorter" shadow.
Sadly i have no idea why.. :X
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/07/08 16:08

Wow this looks like a realy cool tool!!!

I hope that you can finish it and it won't fail like GameEdit....
Please don't add too much features in the first release, because then the risc is lower that you won't finish this realy needed Tool! ^^

Thanks for your greate work and time you put into this!

PS: It would be interesting how much you finished of the editor (in percent)?

Dark_Samurai

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/07/08 17:39

This will become a vital part of gamemaking in 3DGS

Re: WYSIWYG Shadow-Editing and Workflow Video - 10/07/08 19:09

remove baked/precalculated shadows and add SSAO you ll get the basic version of crytek sandbox2 for acknex laugh (i know sandox has tons of other tools but you know similiar concept with this one)

WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/07/08 23:17

As the shadow problem was to complictated for me, and the grass system got on my nerves i've implemented the base for the shader library today.

of course only the beginning (just some wiki shaders - tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i'll implement all shaders of boh_havoc and slin)

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/08/08 17:07

Working on the implementation of shade-c.. Pretty hard :X

Does anyone have a free level (with textures, scripts etc), or better a free freeware game (with everything included - also wmp files), which he could send to me?

Would be wonderful. Thanks in advance

I need this for testing purpose only.

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/09/08 22:27

since it seems to no one doent have any level... well... i dont know..

someone make a level for TechMuc, please.

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/10/08 16:28

Yeah i've got it smile smile Direct loading and saving of mdl files. Was a lot of work but now it's working.. yiha smile - Everything is supported, no matter if external skin, materials or lod stages (okay i admit.. lod stages saving might be a bit buggy atm ^^)

That means editing of model skins, materials and vertices is now possible (and will be supported in the next days!).

One example feature (which is allowed by the fact above): Click on an entity, select the skins tab and select skin 1. Click the edit button ==> The Editor automatically opens the skin in Photoshop / Paint / Paint.net (your favorite 2D program). You change it there, press the reload button of the editor... and... tadaa wink
Will be very interesting for editing of e.g. Normalmaps or Specularmaps.

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/10/08 16:38

nice...btw in what version editor is right now (0.3, 0.6, 0.8...)? Is it close to the version of 1.0 ? smile Just approximately?

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/10/08 16:49

I won't implement any more features after the MDL Editing.
Here just a small preview what i still have to do

1) mdl editing (~3-5 days)
2) shader library (~5-10 days)
3) hmp saving/loading (~1-2 days)
4) texture library (~20 days) - not done by me

sooo.. i think i'll be in alpha status for 1.0 in ~20 days. Then I really have no idea.. making the editor bugfree can last 1 week or 1 month..

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/10/08 18:29

okay, thnx...i'm really looking forward to see it completed

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/10/08 20:17

any alpha/beta-testers needed? smile
(ok - i would realy like to help you with anything - just my C++ is too ...)
(but if there are other thinks you need for your Project just ask - to help you to work on this beautifull prog would a be plesure for me - just check your pms for a short thought ^^)
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/10/08 21:52

cannot wait, this mixed with shade-c will be amazing!. it will fill in were gameEdit was supposed to be :P

WYSIWYG Entity Editing and Workflow Video - 10/11/08 14:01

Working on the Entity-Skin editing feature. You can now change, add and remove entity skins on runtime. The changes are saved directly in the MED file. Additionally you can change the Skin effect / material parameters.

All in all this allows you to test / change any kind of normalmap / specularmap etc. ingame.

The most important feature: You can edit the skin with your favorite image editing program (will be saved in the editor config file), refresh the skin in the editor, and the skin will be saved smile

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/11/08 14:05

getting better adn better everyday. keep it up!
Posted By: bstudio

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/11/08 14:39

Will you publish this under an open-source licence? Or maybe incorporate some form of plugin architecture, that way the community can add stuff to your already very cool project smile

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/11/08 15:11

i think that it would be better if it's not an open-source but plugin support could be great

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/11/08 16:46

neither nor atm, sorry.
What might be possible in the release version is a possiblity to upload own Models, Textures and maybe even Shaders. Others would than be able to download these models.

But the main problem is the missing Web-Space.
Posted By: fogman

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/11/08 18:53

You could try to ask Conitec or George Pirvu (AUM)for webspace. wink

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/12/08 00:42

i guess we can start something like everyone donates 3$ and we get the web hpsting just for using with this (~45$ will get us 10gb i think, the hosting i am currently usin, 10gb space 300gb band. some mysql dbs etc.)

Re: WYSIWYG Shader-Library and Workflow Video - 10/12/08 00:45

If you want i can host the site/software for free.

WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/12/08 12:55

Okay.. as many people request this function i'm working on a texture/model library uploader / updater..

@Blade yes i need webspace. Everyone is invited to help me with the servers.. smile I would be able to spread the burden of the uploads (traffic / webspace) too many servers..!

For everyone who would like to help: 392692244 (icq number)

I'll have to speak to ventilator as he once programmed a file-packer DLL.. Maybe he'll give me the source code. Would save much Webspace and traffic..

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/12/08 15:15

i can give you a subdomain on my server if you want, with ftp access a cms and as much bandwidth as you need. pm me if you want it and i`ll set it up today, all i`d need from you is what you want to call the subdomain and a username.

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/12/08 17:38

i also can provide webspace about 5 gb and bandwith about 200gb.(and this subdomain & ftp access thingy.)

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/12/08 18:25

I`m currently setting up a website, should be ready in an hour or so.

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 01:17

Thanks jigal, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

After a long night, made good process on the upload / download system. By general it works now for the Model Library, although i admit that it's not quite nice that you're forced to update ALL new models (even if 10 of 20 do not interest you) and that atm there's no progress bar (especially annoying when uploading files.. and the end.. 2 unbelievable exciting screens.. all i got concering menu design today ^^

(have a look at iviza.. yeaah ^^)

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 10:02

Wierd question, but why are the questions and everything in english but the , yes , no and cancel button in german?

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 10:22

The question-text is written by me (therefore english), the buttons are normal Window Message Box Buttons and therefore use the language of the windows system not of the working program.

Upload System is working for Textures too.

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 10:35

another weird question smile. maybe it's foolish question but i'm little confused and i cant remember if you've already told that...are we gonna have model library of models you add or we can add our own models inside of it?

it would be good if someone creates a model that he can upload it somewhere and then it can be downloaded into a library.

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 10:48

i guess model library has a "contribute model/texture" section which you can upload textures/models that you want to contribute.

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 10:57

great. i havent seen that picture... smile

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 17:15

Ok, but then why is the second image Ok button, in english?

Where they taken on different computers, and what language will the release be, english or german?

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 18:12

ok is german and english

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 18:22

Ah

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 19:48

I don't speak German (usually use a translator on these forums) only English and Spanish frown. So will i be able to use this and understand it?

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 20:35

just ask - we will help you (ok - only if you understand my shitti eng ^^)
-> and i think this will be an english editor?...

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 21:04

it has already been said it`ll be in german and english guys smile
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 21:07

Originally Posted By: GamerX
I don't speak German (usually use a translator on these forums) only English and Spanish frown. So will i be able to use this and understand it?

Don't worry, the program will be English if I understand correctly. smile

The German texts only are there because the program runs on a German Windows version (the Windows language is set to German). On your Windows it will be just English or whatever the language you've set your Windows to,

Cheers

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/13/08 23:27

Ok thanks.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/14/08 09:34

TechMuc, I may be wrong, but I believe it should be "Your Model Library is up to date" and not data...?

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/14/08 13:49

@German Of course you're right smile as long as there's no other bug, i'm happy wink

If you are interested in (~at least 3 sellers) i could also work on a more proffesional Libary where the users could also sell and buy models.

After about 5 hours of programming i finally got it.. the Upload progress is displayed wink (yeah i know.. just ~100-150 lines for the FTP script.. compared to the 2 millions of characters in my whole script thats nothing.. but it's very difficult to find anything in the web about this topic - especially that you have to upload the file partly (kb for kb) is foolish).

Additionally the uploaded files are packed automatically ==> Reduced filesize / server bandwidth and upload time.

I think the model library is a big chance for the 3DGS Community smile

Additionally i programmed the MDL saving (also if you changed something it works now. Especially the Mipmaps were pretty hard to save :X )

@Jigla: the program will be in english only.

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/14/08 14:08

cant wait this to be released

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/14/08 14:43

Am i right in thinking the model library will be stored on the net in just one location?

If so i think there should be some backups incase the server is down or anything.

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/14/08 14:58

It is on a private server, downtime should be next to zero smile

Re: WYSIWYG Uploader - 10/14/08 15:03

i share the models to the two servers.. (jigalypuff and quadraxas - very much thanks to both)

so downtimes should be near to zero.

WYSIWYG New Workflow Video - 10/15/08 11:58

A new workflow video is uploaded here: http://techmuc.kilu.de/video_new/ (only highres this time, sorry).

The beta status is getting nearer smile

ps: sorry for the 30 seconds shadow generating :X forgot to cut it.

Re: WYSIWYG New Workflow Video - 10/15/08 12:27

great movie and even greater program

Re: WYSIWYG New Workflow Video - 10/15/08 12:30

Seems to be a very powerful Editor!
Looks like you put a lot of work into this, so thumbs up for this greate tool and keep going with your greate work wink

Can't wait to use this tool ^^

Dark_Samurai

Re: WYSIWYG New Workflow Video - 10/15/08 13:45

cant wait for the beta ! Looks great.

Re: WYSIWYG New Workflow Video - 10/15/08 14:27

I am massivly impressed smile

Re: WYSIWYG New Workflow Video - 10/15/08 15:38

very,very cool.
And i saw you implemented the decal feautre. Great

Re: WYSIWYG New Workflow Video - 10/15/08 18:35

It gets better every day and you make me want it more every day lol. Can't wait, this is an amazing program.

WYSIWYG Alpha Testers - 10/19/08 20:40

Worked on stability and shader-library.

At the moment I'm searching Alpha Testers. You must have good nevers to become one (atm there might be a bunch of bugs and crashs - This version might destroy maps and materials - so BACKUP!!).

Please Write me a PM (with your MSN or ICQ Addy) to become an alpha tester

Screenshot of the shader Library.

Re: WYSIWYG Alpha Testers - 10/19/08 20:42

To see what it looks like with shaders will you still need A7 pro?

Btw looks good as well.

Re: WYSIWYG Alpha Testers - 10/19/08 21:05

techmuc - you've got PM from me

Re: WYSIWYG Alpha Testers - 10/20/08 00:55

Same. Got a lot of time to test it, if i get to.

WYSIWYG - Sandbox like Editor Video - 10/22/08 13:23

Okay, Sorry there will be a small delay. As there were massive problems with missing DLLS.

I converted the whole program to an exe File. You can now implement the editor directly to your Project via a DLL (com and pro version only), or use the editor with the exe file like a normal map-editor (kind of WED or even Sandbox :D).

Furthermore i've implemented a "live" mode (atm only for the exe program) like i n Sandbox.

Have a look at this video: EDITOR LIVE VIDEO

Re: WYSIWYG - Sandbox like Editor Video - 10/22/08 14:22

Damn this is so fantastic!!!!

Too bad that I currently don't have the time to be an Alphatester...

Dark_Samurai

Re: WYSIWYG - Sandbox like Editor Video - 10/22/08 18:48

That's SWEET!! I think this is going to be apart of GS game development for a long time.

Re: WYSIWYG - Sandbox like Editor Video - 10/22/08 19:40

Really great work.
Posted By: BlueBeast

Re: WYSIWYG - Sandbox like Editor Video - 10/22/08 20:59

All that is missing now is the 'Make Game' button... will that be coming in a later version? lol

Awesome stuff!

- Jason

Re: WYSIWYG - Sandbox like Editor Video - 10/22/08 21:54

awesome.

WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/24/08 17:13

Hey,

You can register in this Forum: http://extremegames-online.de/editor/index.php (Thanks a lot to fear, for hosting this forum) to

a) Download the DLL and the EXE Version of the Editor
b) report bugs

PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR FORUMNAME.
At the moment you need A7.5 Pro to test the EXE-Project. I'll upload the commercial Edition in a few Moments.
Note: this is an alpha version. I'm unbelievable happy if it starts at all for the majority of users, so don't expect too much-

If you register you have to wait, until i unlock your account. This might take 10 seconds (in the next hour) or one whole day (in 2 hours wink )

Please understand that, as i only want to give this Alpha to experience users, who're able to read install instructions before downloading, and destroying there computer smile

sincerly,
TechMuc

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/24/08 17:40

just reg`d smile not super experianced but i`ll give it a go smile

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/25/08 09:50

Okay every User is activated. Thanks for the first reported bugs. Will fix them on sunday (today a small pause smile )
At least every user (expect of one who forgot a file) could start the engine smile

Again the Link to the forum of the Alpha Version: http://extremegames-online.de/editor/index.php

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/27/08 23:21

Okay still having problems with different computer-systems, and heavy crashs. So please test if you want to do sth. good for this project smile

Next main features are:
  • Stable Editor - To release a first real beta, or even better stable version
  • Gras and Weather System
  • Project Managment
  • Analysis Software: Analysis Code and Levels for Memory leaks, FPS issues and much more
  • Panel Editor: Edit Panels, no matter if you've created them yourself or if you want to create new ones. Will maybe end in a Menu Editor
  • Particle Editor: Edit existing and create new Particle Effects to your Game. Maybe (hopefully) also with a small particle library.

a lot to do (tough the first point is much more important than all the rest so please test and help me smile )
have a good night.

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/27/08 23:41

Dude you are great, keep up the work, i would test it but i am not using the engine much at the moment and have problems with the 7.50 release (A7).

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/28/08 00:40

ill test it on friday as much as possible .

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/28/08 17:01

Please forget all this new features! The Editor is already great as it is (without crashes of course) and is more than needed. It would be better if you release a final version with all current implented features and after that you can go on with developing new features for a second version wink

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/28/08 17:07

I'll release version after version.. meaning: This version in the forum is the first one, there will be a second one this week, third one in two weeks and so on.
Hopefully the general features will be stable and working in the next 2 versions ==> Release of a stable version;

New features - like a Panel Editor - will always be implemented in alpha status, but as already said the "old" features will still work stable (possible because of a realtivly good extensibility of the Code).

Compare it with 3D-Gamestudio. New instructions like ent_decal are likly to crash, but old instructions should work properly smile

==> There will be a many releases in the next months; I'll not stop releasing alphas and betas just because new features are developed.

Re: WYSIWYG - First Alpha Version - 10/28/08 17:14

That's good to here!

Thanks!

WYSIWYG - Alpha 0.12 - 10/29/08 00:42

Hey,

After a long night of testing (huge thanks to Fear), i released the new Alpha (v 0.12) today in the forum (again you have to register to download this version). Should contain all bugfixes (despite 1 or 2).

Download the Editor from: http://extremegames-online.de/editor/index.php

(again: every user have to be activated. This program is not tought for noobies atm, as it might be able to destroy maps, scripts, models and textures. So If you download this BACKUP EVERYTHING - It's not my fault if you do not follow this warning smile ).

Have a good night,
TechMuc

EDIT: Yeah I know, with this registration system i scare many users off.. but to speak clearly: this is an alpha version which really needs to be tested.. If someone is scared off by this registration version, a map-editor which might crash constantly will scare him off twice wink

WYSIWYG - Alpha 0.14 - Product Video - 10/29/08 22:37

Hey,

Again a new daily build release. Fixes many crash reasons (tough i'm sure there are enough more to clear wink ).

You can download it from http://extremegames-online.de/editor/index.php

Have a good night,
TechMuc
Posted By: bstudio

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha 0.14 - Product Video - 10/30/08 10:22

Is it still possible to register for alpha testing? I really want to try and see if this is suitible for using in my next project

WYSIWYG - New Screenshots - 10/30/08 13:29

Just register in the forum. But please be sure, that the product is getting better with every single release.. The actual version will crash at many points (actually sometimes i can even still predict it wink ) - so do not expect too much.

Working on very basic things atm (besides the crash reduction ^^).

1) Starting the engine with user changeable commandline (allowing multiplayer editing)

2)Working on the live Modus

3) Last but not least a rescent file list

WYSIWYG - New Product Video - 10/31/08 16:11

Here you can have a look at a new Product Video of the editor, showing Project Settings and Live-Mode.

http://techmuc.kilu.de/Editor_Live2/

(just 6 mb this time, therfore no lowres/highres). BTW: There are no lags in the live video. These "Lags" are just problems in the video recorder...

A new alpha is about to be released this evening.

WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 10/31/08 18:49

Hey,

For all who are interesed (this is the last hint for a new alpha version; Do not worry wink ).

I've released a new alpha version on http://extremegames-online.de/editor/
You must register in order to download the alpha.

Here you can see an example video of the editor...
http://techmuc.kilu.de/Editor_Live2/

have fun while testing,
TechMuc

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 11/06/08 15:06

the forum has gone?

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 11/07/08 17:57

http://ackbox.extremegames-online.de

Sorry working at the moment 10 hours per day...
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 11/09/08 17:00

incredible in-use vid you've got there. this rocks smile I can really see this become a new WED.

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 11/14/08 23:53

if it would not crash all the time wink

(but it becomes better ...)

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 11/15/08 14:06

smile yes you're right. I'm on a civil-servant-education for the next 3 weeks in augsburg, so do not worry, the product is still developed...

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 12/30/08 16:31

Any news on this project? Cant wait for it to be released.

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 12/30/08 17:20

yes i worked on it yesterday night. i'm a proud ambulance-man atm, that means a lot of night shifts and a lot to do, therfore my time is a bit limited today, but as i see that there is still interest in this project i'll be happy to work on it furthermore to finally get a real release.

Tough i'm thinking of creating a small game, and while creating checking the editor heavily to remove all bugs smile But you'll hear more of that later (or maybe even today/tomorrow in the team-searching forum :))

Re: WYSIWYG - Alpha Version + Product Video - 12/30/08 17:33

Great to hear, it'd be a shame to let all that hard work go to waste. Good luck in finishing it.

Cheers, Ryan.
Posted By: NeoNeper

Re: WYSIWYG Alpha Testers - 01/08/09 19:06

hello brothers . Link to lower the broken publisher this. Somebody has one that functions there? Please! It wanted use very

Ackbox - 3 new Videos - 02/01/09 16:31

Hey all,

As promised, still working on Ackbox (with new motivation smile )
Here are three new videos, showing three "new" features.

1) Integration in WED (1024x768 - 16MB)

2) Creation of Monster-Terrains (1024x768 - 30MB)

3) Live-Updates (in Future maybe also for the Engine itself) (1024x768 - 10MB)

have fun watching,
greetings,
TechMuc

Re: Ackbox - 3 new Videos - 02/01/09 16:59

very cool videos,

can't wait to test the new version^^

Re: Ackbox - 3 new Videos - 02/01/09 17:32

it looks great already.

Re: Ackbox - 3 new Videos - 02/01/09 18:02

awesome

Re: Ackbox - 3 new Videos - 02/01/09 18:09

Very nice indeed.

Ackbox - Again new Video - 02/02/09 19:43

Again a new Video..

Completly reworked the Shader-Editing: http://techmuc.kilu.de/ShaderEdit/

Auto-Completation, Live Help etc.

Re: Ackbox - Again new Video - 02/02/09 19:51

Cool. Will there be any new test versions any time soon?

Ackbox - Workflow Video - 02/03/09 14:18

Hey,

Again a New Video, This Time it shows new Editing Features and Material-Skin Editing.

http://techmuc.kilu.de/ShaderEdit2/index.swf

@GamerX: No answer possible atm, sorry.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Ackbox - Workflow Video - 02/03/09 15:36

Great! Keep up the good work smile.
Posted By: FlorianP

Re: Ackbox - Workflow Video - 02/03/09 18:34

I would also watch a 90min video of it^^
great...simply great...

Re: Ackbox - Workflow Video - 02/03/09 19:51

dam i like that skin editing, thanks for the frequent vids keeps me wanting it even more everyday. Not sure if you have or plan to implement it but a small option were you can just insert some text next to the skills like "health" or something so you don't forget what it is.
© 2024 lite-C Forums