splatter game

Posted By: Zapan@work

splatter game - 06/14/09 23:08

Hi,

we're currently creating a zombie-splatter game. Everything should be really bloody and extreme.
In the current state of the game we're using some sprites/models/sounds from other games for placeholders. They will be removed in one of the next versions.

Feel free to post your comments. We want your Feedback! laugh

Slowmotion effect and the first weapons:

Zombies and.. braiinnsss...

clean up:

Lobotomy and dogman:

ETA for a release is Sep. 2009...

We need Testers for the game. Please send me an email if you like to play/test the game: weinhold@crew51.com

Posted By: darkinferno

Re: splatter game - 06/14/09 23:40

DAMN!!!! ... lol, you have great GUNplay, dont know if you can get the overall GAMEplay right, but the GUNplay looks solid....

definatley emailing you, but i'm a strict crit though, lol, but all for gameplay's sake smile

oh, my first crit! if we can sow down time to already slow zombies, then whats the point?
-there NEEDS to be a fast type zombie, something that the player fears and so will save the time slowing ability in case he sees it...
Posted By: fogman

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 00:17

Looks like a lot of particle instancing... cool
Graphics and gameplay seems to be solid, I´ll mail you asap to get the beta.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 01:45

Yay for quake sounds laugh

Anyway, armor sound aside. I would like to play the game, but I couldn't really be a beta tester, so I'll probably wait for a public demo. laugh

Good luck with this one wink
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 09:03

Looks really cool.
But I think the gore/blood is too much.
Its too much of a cartoon with Ketchup-bottles.
The gore should be more of an reward, for example when managing to blow of
a limp or head. Else it should just have normal impact animations.

Its also cool if the player could have some tactics:
-Head: harder to shoot but higher damage
-torso easy to hit, low damage
-arms: harder to hit, but zombie looses weapon
-legs: medium to hit, but zombiw walks much slower, or
falls over for some time.

The time-effect is cool, but for this
to be useful you also need some fast-paced action
(like approaching rockets, jump+shooting),
the zombies are quite slow, so the timeeffect is not very useful.

(also check that all soundeffects are propertly licensed)
Posted By: the_clown

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 11:06

Oh. My. God.
Now I know what Alpha meant...
This is one of the most commercial looking shooters I have ever seen made with game studio; Gameplay-wise.
The only thing I have to critisize are the explosion effects; All other effects, especially the blood and gore, are VERY good, I love the shader for the particles in slow motion.
The whole game reminds me of FEAR.
Blood and gore is just right, not too much, it fits into the extreme concept.
Extremely brutal, tough. Do I have to be 18 to participate that beta test? laugh
Posted By: ello

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 12:44

wow, those fx remind me on pain killer. i love the gore fx, and you did also a fabulous job on the weapon fx..

thumbs up!

btw, i dont think its too much gore (i believe it cant be to much)

edit: the zombies look a bit toony regarding the rest of the environment.. motions of some of them looks just too strange wink

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 13:24

Originally Posted By: Damocles_
Looks really cool.
But I think the gore/blood is too much.
Its too much of a cartoon with Ketchup-bottles.
The gore should be more of an reward, for example when managing to blow of
a limp or head. Else it should just have normal impact animations.

Its also cool if the player could have some tactics:
-Head: harder to shoot but higher damage
-torso easy to hit, low damage
-arms: harder to hit, but zombie looses weapon
-legs: medium to hit, but zombiw walks much slower, or
falls over for some time.

The time-effect is cool, but for this
to be useful you also need some fast-paced action
(like approaching rockets, jump+shooting),
the zombies are quite slow, so the timeeffect is not very useful.

I'm strongly agreeing with this post, seems we have another good game designer here, it looks ok... but i know, at the current rate, i'd get bored in less than half an hour, it'll feel like shooting brainless target models, theres no.. pizazz, lol... besides what damocles said, it needs..

faster paced zombies, and the player moves WAYY to fast, i mean, come on... dont we realize that the era of slow paced zombies are over?

reduce the player speed
-limit the gore to certain weapons and hits so it's more of a reward
-add atleast one fast type zombie which gives the time slowing ability a purpose

for example, why not make the chainsaw zombie a fast type? that way the player fears him and will save the time ability because they dont know when they'll see him...

i do love the look, dont get me wrong but its just a part of me to analyze things and look for weak points...
Posted By: achaziel

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 13:31

*yawn* oh jesus, yet another zombieshooter. don't get me wrong, it looks like solid work, good scripting and all that, but it's like those ww2 shooters: you know one, you know 'em all.
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 14:02

After all, this is my favourite projekt of all the good "wetain" / "crew 51" / "revo" time.
I like the gore, the speed, the blood...
but Zapan.. if you have the time, please include a near distant "hands only" weapon, like an axe. OR THE BASEBALL BAT WITH THE NAIL / (pack 5 ;-) )
Blattsalats axe gave my project a new dimension of bloody terror.

In fact ... I CLICK BUY on sept.
Posted By: aztec

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 14:18

Originally Posted By: achaziel
*yawn* oh jesus, yet another zombieshooter. don't get me wrong, it looks like solid work, good scripting and all that, but it's like those ww2 shooters: you know one, you know 'em all.

yeah thats true you need a special kind of feature in the game to make it cool. How about Injections you can give youself or drugs or anything to impropve you skill^^

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 14:20

darkinferno got a point here, the enemies seem like simple cannon-fodder. I know zombies are actually cannon-fodder, but games like Left4Dead prove that the times of these are over;
A fast moving zombie would relly give a reason to save slow motion; It would rise the level.
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 14:54

I'm a shader-whore, so here goes: laugh
(I know eye-candy comes last for a game, but most other things have already been mentioned)

- The bullet effect in slowmo looks cool, but you clearly see it's just a cylinder with a refraction shader once you move around the effect. You can do better than that, i know it wink Maybe add an inverted velvety shader and use that as alpha?

- As already mentioned, the zombies don't really fit the overal style, the lighting is too toony and looks flat. I don't know if normalmaps are supplied with the modelpack, but if you have them, use them. Add a shader which adds normalmapping for detail and better lighting, (little) specular lighting and velvety for depth, environment mapping so the limbs look as if they are still wet of blood. Maybe you could add a little refraction to the limbs instead of environment mapping, as you already have the refractmap for the bullet effect? This could actually look better and more "wet" than environmentmapping.

- Add shadows. There is no better method (besides sound) to add athmosphere to a zombie game. Either use A7's accelerated stencil shadows with LOD or a shadowmapping shader. I think that would add a lot to the overall look and athmosphere smile

- You have a refractmap, maybe you can also use it to spice up the explosions? That way you also get fake soft particles and a more firey look, if done right.

Looking forward for more vids! wink

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 15:02

Originally Posted By: aztec

yeah thats true you need a special kind of feature in the game to make it cool. How about Injections you can give youself or drugs or anything to impropve you skill^^

sounds a lot like bioshock xD
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 15:46

The zombies ideas is so 1990.
Posted By: mk_1

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 16:08

Megaman 9 is so 1990. Just think about it.

Great game, alpha
Posted By: croman

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 16:09

looks very good. but that shotgun is little annoying - it's sound of reloading after each shot. maybe if you could shoot more bullets before reload.

also i agree, limit the blood splashes.

about the tone and textures and different types of zombies - i believe that was your plan and you'll add them in your game wink
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 16:38

Originally Posted By: mk_1

Great game, alpha

crazy Wrong thread? laugh
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 16:57

does no one notice the name of the thread is splatter game? what is a splatter game without excessive splatter?

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 17:05

yeah, but there's too much splatter even for a splatter game smile

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 17:13

Originally Posted By: lostclimate
does no one notice the name of the thread is splatter game? what is a splatter game without excessive splatter?

yes true... but would you spit out 10-20 bucks to buy this in its current state? just asking? i mean, how long could you shoot a slow moving zombie horde with a shogun before all that gore got boring? if he adds ONE fast type, maybe the dude with tha chainsaw, then it would make sense... zombies are dumb, we know but they should be feared not ran at because you wanna make tomato juice...

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 17:13

there can´t be enough splatter in a splatter game.
See analog the one and o n l y and real splatter movie "brain dead, uncut".

@dark... I tink ... the game is not finish. To early to discuss the final result.
...have you ever played "postal 1" ?

...have you ever played "postal 1" ?
The only thing to do is to kill civilians.
Nothing more. A true killer game.

And after every level, I listened to the very dark industrial soundtrack, checked my violence... and asked myself "what am I doing?? Is it fun to kill people??"

Splatter, Gore, Killing... is a very unexplainable thing. You can´t think and judge by your mind. These things are very specific.

As my wife saw my video with the axe... she was very helpless and looked at me very strange. She asked me why I am doing this.

oh... I said... only because of the cool scirpting. But I was not sure about it.

So it is not the right point to say... this is "boring". Only my thoughts.

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 17:30

Quote:
yes true... but would you spit out 10-20 bucks to buy this in its current state? just asking? i mean, how long could you shoot a slow moving zombie horde with a shogun before all that gore got boring? if he adds ONE fast type, maybe the dude with tha chainsaw, then it would make sense... zombies are dumb, we know but they should be feared not ran at because you wanna make tomato juice...

yes but thye arent selling it in its current state, I would play a game with finished game play with the graphics refined, and fully finished with a huge amount of blood splatter. They probably will add faster enemies at some point. The game is obviously not finished and seeing as how this is the same people responsible for glider - collectnkill, and that one business game, both fully finished successful projects, I assume they are far off from finishing it.

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 17:39

umm.. i didnt say it was boring? i was asking if you THINK it'd get boring... lol, am just adding ideas, plus.. getting crits can only help... am not against it, hell.. it looks better than alot i've seen here.. well, guess we'll have to wait...

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 18:45

Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
Originally Posted By: mk_1

Great game, alpha

crazy Wrong thread? laugh

Megaman 9 is the NEW game, but looks like the old games (8 bit style) and it sells very well. So what's wrong with games being "1990"? I'm just p*ssed about how cowabanga maligns everything without saying anything valuable.

on topic:
I really like the slow mo effect, sounds should really be replaced ("Welcome to Quake 3 Arena"), zombie models as well (yeah, wip).

What I don't like is the grenade explosion which looks a little old fashioned. Some volumetric smoke would be cool here.
Posted By: Slin

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 19:32

(@mk_1: dieses Projekt ist nicht von alpha_strike..., ist dir vermutlich ja eh klar :P)

I love the refraction stuff :P
Other then that I also think that the grenade explosion looks very cheap. And the model style doesn´t fit the environment. I can´t really comment more on it as I think that you anyways now that there is still a lot to do until it is done. But so far I really like what I see.

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 19:40

lol, ich meinte natürlich Zapan+co. Hab mir beide Threads parallel angesehen

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 20:34

oh, here we go germanizing the thread again, soon i wont be able to read it, thats what happened to me and the 'i hate zombies' thread... lol.. oh well...

Re: splatter game - 06/15/09 20:38

If you want to keep with a pure "shoot dumb zombies in masses"
idea, and dont want to go into a tactical (Battlefield) or
adventure (halflife) type of gameplay, you could include the following:

-add a level/mission goal to the game, that bases on
the speed that you kill the zombies, and
the "pickups" that they drop

similar to a classical spaceshooter, where the enemies
are also quite dumb.

In one level for example its the goal to kill zobies for
points, in a limited time. When you do that, you get a
"time extend"

In another level make a "zombierush" spawning masses of zombies comeing from doors,
the goel is to survive as long as possible.

In another level, make the levelpath quite linear,
the goal is just to reach the end-door in the quickest time possible,
the zombies drop powerups and give points.

In another level, make the player move on a fixed path,
(like a train). the player can just turn and shoot.

(p.s. a flamethrower would be nice too)
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: splatter game - 06/16/09 13:12

Well a few years ago(the first time I played FEAR), bullet time is something extraordinary. But now... Well, let's say that it's not impossible anymore doing that with 3DGS(even with A6)...

Sluggish zombie still fun especially when , let's say, 50 zombies reaching their hands for you, and you only have a clip of 9mm handgun. So maybe it will be more to survival game instead.

Re: splatter game - 07/03/09 21:29

We've added the first version of the HUD now. What do you think:

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: splatter game - 07/03/09 22:02

this looks just awesome.
Keep up the good work.
Did you change the zombie model?
Because it looks much better now!

Re: splatter game - 07/03/09 22:06

There are still lots of low-poly zombies in there. They will be only used as crowd-zombies where you must clean up the room with a grenade launcher etc... we'll post some movies in the next days. smile

But before that, we need some feedback for the HUD (too large, colors, icons, style... etc?)
Posted By: DoC

Re: splatter game - 07/03/09 22:36

i would make it more transparent the with is too heavy (look @ hl2 like the rest of you hud style)

Re: splatter game - 07/04/09 07:58

Looks pretty good, but the weapon HUD is a bit in the sight. You could just show the weapons under the numbers when changing. Apart from that, very cool, I like the style of the fonts, the colors fit well.

Oh, and are you using a DoF shader?? looks like that on the last image...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: splatter game - 07/04/09 12:36

Originally Posted By: croman
yeah, but there's too much splatter even for a splatter game smile

But there can never be too much splatter in a splatter game!! shocked

By the way, I really like what I'm seeing so far. I'd definitely love to play test this game. Because the game's still rather alpha-ish, it's a bit early to complain about coherency of things, but it actually looks very good to me. Reminds me a lot of the first F.E.A.R game, even though it's with zombies.

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 01:19

Thanks for the comments. We'll add a size/translucent HUD-option to the game so everybody can adjust it to their needs.

Below some new ingame screenshots with our new zombies:

Details for the levels will be added in one of the next steps...

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 06:52

WOW! Now they really look good, I would even say they reach the quality of the Left4Dead zombies!!!
And you ARE using DoF!
Posted By: Schmerzmittel

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 12:04

Respect! This game looks very good.

When is the release? I wanna play it!
Posted By: Tails01

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 14:20

finally a game with models which are look quite good.
but be carefull dont let them look to glossy like the pic with the zombie who wear an overall... DOF is nice too wink

Gruß Tails

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 14:37

We hope that we'll make it until sep.

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 15:33

looks great, now to add some detail to the levels

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 17:28

Originally Posted By: Zapan@work
We hope that we'll make it until sep.

What's the game about actually? I mean, beside killing zombies wink. Do you have a actual story, or is it more a arcade-survival or what? If you wanna be ready till September, it can't be too long, right?

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 18:14

There is no detailed storry. It's just a fun game with lots of blood and several levels. Back to the roots...

Re: splatter game - 07/05/09 21:50

Thanks for the comments. We'll add a size/translucent HUD-option to the game so everybody can adjust it to their needs.

Below some new ingame screenshots with our new zombies:

Details for the levels will be added in one of the next steps...

Now we're talking. This looks at least 10 times more impressive than the initial screens.

I'd most likely pay for a game like this.

Re: splatter game - 07/06/09 07:43

There is no detailed storry. It's just a fun game with lots of blood and several levels. Back to the roots...

Oh, okay. Just shoot'em'up.... grin
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: splatter game - 07/06/09 08:03

The models have visible seams in the area of shoulders and arms. Your modeler should paint over these areas in Modo, Bodypaint3d or ZBrush.

Other than that it looks good and I am interested to see the animations.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: splatter game - 07/06/09 09:43

The normal maps combiened with lighs that's what make the game looking goo smile

There is no detailed storry. It's just a fun game with lots of blood and several levels.

I like that concept : like in the old good days where you insert a cartridge on the SNES and just press start grin

For the seams, perhaps the player won't have time to notice them during game, specially with movement !
I think Frank_G talk about the first picture, where the zombie o nthe left have a visible seem on the right shoulder ! that's easy to fix smile !!

For Depth Of Field and normal map do you use some special modified shader or shaders made by a user ?

Re: splatter game - 07/06/09 09:45

Yup. I don't even notice them without movement... grin
Posted By: Towelie

Re: splatter game - 07/07/09 01:00

I love that someone else shares my passion of a game where I don't have to worry about storyline, or anything but surviving for that. It looks great, but for a splatter game, there's not a lot of splatter in the last screen. Maybe for a game meant for current audiences, but I personally think blood and guts should be a major focus on looking good- and the last screen doesn't do it

Re: splatter game - 07/07/09 07:42

Take a look at their vids on the first page, there you see the real splatter. wink

Re: splatter game - 07/07/09 23:21

I did, but its a lot of quantity and not a lot of quality... or, at least of what it could be.

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 07:35

So, how do you define quality for splatter? Good bitmaps, good particles, what is real splatter for you? That could help them to get it in the right direction.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 12:46

The old videos were all about the splatter quantities and not the qualities.
The old videos had very crude zombies, but as you can see from more recent posts,
the graphic qualities are always improving.

I develop the same way myself.
Design the level with blocks and spheres, get the movements right, then upgrade the models,
which Ive been working on elsewhere.
Improve the movements, modify the models to match if required.

I see the same development "style" in this thread.
Crude models and levels, get movement and splatter close.
Add real models, fine-tune movement and splatter.
Rinse and repeat...

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 12:57

They will post a new vid soon I think, so we'll see how it looks now.

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 13:01

I hope so, it has been a few weeks since the last videos came out.
Static screen-shots are nice, but dont give a good "feel" for how its going...

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 13:08

Yup. I want to see these great models in movement. And I'm interested in a little detail that I cannot see in the last vids or the screenshots, so I hope to see it in the new vids...

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 14:22

Originally Posted By: Towelie
I did, but its a lot of quantity and not a lot of quality... or, at least of what it could be.

Sorry, these are the most hated statements for a developer. Sounds like "hm... I have got something very important to say!" Fact is, that those words give no help, cause nobody knows what you are criticising. Try to give your opinion a clear range of clues, which are helpful to get this game to the top.

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 15:24

I guess Towelie didn't have a look at all the other videos in this, but only at one or two of the last, because otherwise he wouldn't say that he is missing the splatter. wink

Towelie, have a look at all the other videos - you will enjoy it!

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 15:52

Never mind my previous statement. I thought it might be more helpful than the OMGTHISISGREAT posts.I apologize. The game looks great and I look forward to an update.

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 16:01

Sorry, I didn't see that one already pointed you to the other videos in this thread.

Originally Posted By: Towelie

This was your feedback, but it is not clear what you mean with quality. To give a valuable feedback you have to explain what sort of things you are missing to make clear what you mean.

Re: splatter game - 07/08/09 16:08

In page 4, on the showcasing new zombies topic, the last screen shows a small explosion with splatter. After taking a closer look, I realized the explosion effects is what was making the blood look 2d-ish. The splatter is fine, the explosion would need work. My bust. How to do such, I wouldn't know- I work with models and levels, not codes or effects. The subject should probably get back on track to the game though- I know I woudln't want people arguing in a thread about my game wink

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 12:36

Alright, back to topic again: I've got a question.
On the screenshots showcasing the HUD, you can see the weapon HUD as 5 boxes with numbers in them, under one box two weapon symbols. I suppose that this HUD works similar to the HUD known from HL2 or CSS? Or do you have weapons "classes" like in most newer shooters, meaning that you have a number of slots, each slot is reserved for a weapon class? So, for example, the first slot for a pistol, second and third for rifles and one slot for grenades or heavy weapons like rocket launchers. This system can be seen in Crysis. I'm interested in this as it would make a difference between more old-school and so called "next-gen". The slot-system also would give the game a tactical element as you have to choose wich weapons to take with you.

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 13:00

Hud: Yes we use a slot system for the weapons. 1 are meele-weapons like fists, axe, chainsaw etc.
2, pistols, 3 midclass (shtogun, m16..), 4 explosives (grenades), 5 heavy calss - "suprise!" smile

Screenshots: As mentioned above we're first creating "low-ugly" polygone stuff to check the gameplay and the visiblity of our BSP Levels. Later we add details over and over again. The best example is the grenade explosion were we placed just some sprites. Later we'll add some nice shaders and particles. But I'm very happy that most people don't like the explosions, because this tells us that they've seen the movie and looked very carefully at it. Please keep positing and tell us what you don't like and what features you wish for such a game (like alpha_strike said)...

Currently there are some engine bugs/missing features which stops the developing of some components(Hud). If a new BETA-engine will be released, we'll put a new video on the server.

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 13:06

Ah, good.
Posted By: Blackchuck

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 16:50

Ugh were bloody...
Thats great work but, ugh...

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 19:29

This is a new video where you can see that head-shots are possible now. Besides that we've added lots of other stuff like an axe. It's still not finished but please let us know what you think:
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTxPyuNZQZM[/video]

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 19:39

Originally Posted By: Blackchuck
Ugh were bloody...
Thats great work but, ugh...

that's the point of a splatter game :P

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 19:39

Looking good. Was I getting Duke-Nukem flashbacks or was that his voice?

Not sure if youve gotten to this yet, but the HUD is still a bit primitive.
A bit more animation to it maybe?

Keep up the excellent work.

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 19:43

Duke: Currently the Duke sounds are placeholders until we've completed our list with cool slogans...

The HUD will get vibration and color effects when the new A7-BETA comes out...

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 19:56

Duke: Thought so, after seeing thread looking for slogans...

Hud: Good, I did think it looked somewhat "unfinished".

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 23:02

We've added the first version of the HUD now. What do you think:

Looks very good to me. smile

( Does look like a mix of Max Payne, Half-life and F.E.A.R though, but that's more a compliment than anything else. Lets say it probably will feel familiar to the players like this. )

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 23:04

Axe-Shotgun Combo:
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIwRayNGPa0[/video]

Re: splatter game - 07/09/09 23:23

Very nice.

I would probably work a bit on the animations of the character when it gets struck with an axe though.

Oh, and the zombie's reaction when he spots the player still looks a bit funny, but I'm sure the video wasn't meant to showcase realistic or any AI.

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 00:40

Is there any updates on the gameplay?
Will the Zombies do more than just walk
dull towards the player?

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 07:22

The overall look is hot hot hot.
What I personally dislike is the death of the chainsaw man when the player hits him with the axe. Even if it is very good to show much blood in splatter games but there must be a logic in the acting. It does not make sense to splatter his limbs around - with an axe hit?!? When I saw this, my first reaction was
"hmm... that was not good". This put down my pleasure for virtual killing.

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 08:25

I watched the second time.
Now I have to really criticize the final splatter of an enemy. It is no fun to shoot a zombie in the head and then to see all parts of his body flying around. This really make no sense and takes the fun factor hard down.
If this effect is shown by an big gun, blowing on the centre of the body - it make sense.
But - I can only judge by the vids - it seems that you use the effect randomly?
The final kill act must be a final special kill act. I take this very seriously cause I am looking damn forward to blow them all back to hell.

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 11:31

Right, I noticed that, too. Looks a bit strange. But apart from that, it looks great. Very much blood, but hey, it's a splatter game... wink

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 15:18

hehe I like the "duke nukem" sound
and I love it the way the axe is stuck into their bodies awesome work you are doing there

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 16:37

Axe->splatter: When the slowmotion time is activated each weapon gets a damag_factor (2..4 -> we're still checking which one would be the best) so you can hurt the zombies much more.

If a zombie has < -4 (depends on the enemy) Hitpoints, it gets splattered if the weapon support this feature... Perhaps we'll remove splattering from the axe...

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 17:32

Axe->splatter: When the slowmotion time is activated each weapon gets a damag_factor (2..4 -> we're still checking which one would be the best) so you can hurt the zombies much more.

If a zombie has < -4 (depends on the enemy) Hitpoints, it gets splattered if the weapon support this feature... Perhaps we'll remove splattering from the axe...
i think this is an awesome idea just make sure its a body hit before you pop them...

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 18:40

I do not know if my following (really damn cool) idea fits the dead line.
Just make for cool (combo?!?) kills a highscore.
Like - fist in his mouth - axe in his face - blow his fckn head to .... 1000 Points (Bing, Bing, Bing)

Re: splatter game - 07/10/09 19:12

...or put knifes, paddles etc. in the bad bad zombies... smile
Is on our list...

First we need to kill some bugs and waiting for the new engine. If everything is fine then, we'll upload a version for the testers... I hope this will be next week.

Re: splatter game - 07/11/09 07:46

we'll upload a version for the testers... I hope this will be next week.

did I miss this or when did you search for testers is it still possible to get some testing Demo?

regards

Aztec

Re: splatter game - 07/11/09 14:52

Just mail me: weinhold@crew51.com

Re: splatter game - 07/12/09 14:00

Do you also plan a public demo? I want to test play this game before I may buy it, but I'm afraid I'm not much of a bug tester...
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: splatter game - 07/13/09 03:24

Hey , you got my zombies , LMFAO. Btw , this zombies are from TheGameCreators FPS Creator model pack 22 "Freaks,Abominations,and Gore". The FPS Creator has some really nice model packs, and at VERY good prices. The rest of the zombie models are from TheGameCreators store , and cost around $4.50 each. Letting everyone know in case they want to play with the models themselves , I have them all as well as I was planning on making a zombie game with them , but it looks like somebody might have beat me to it.LOL.

Re: splatter game - 07/13/09 12:48

We gonna finish to be sick of zombie games crazy
Left For Dead 2 , zombie pack for COD5, RE5 , etc ...

That's a good use of the zombie pack if it comes from the FPS creator pack. Good game workflow !
Give us a beta demo just to enjoy splatting zombies grin

Re: splatter game - 07/13/09 12:54

Originally Posted By: ratchet
We gonna finish to be sick of zombie games crazy
Left For Dead 2 , zombie pack for COD5, RE5 , etc ...

What's bad about this? I'm sick of WW2 games. So now it's time for something new to get mad about... grin

Re: splatter game - 07/14/09 09:58

Looking at videos , i've seen an annoying thing :

When you shoot with shotgun , there is a quick light that appera disappear :
It is disturbing and annoying when you are shooting a lot : it looks like some storm smile
When you are hit by zombies , same thing.

Why not using a more subtule lighting effect (and smoother even if quick) ?
Same thing when you are hit, use smoother full screen effect
with fast smmoth appear/disappear and red screen would be better like in COD4 !

Re: splatter game - 07/14/09 12:03

Thank you. We'll take a look at the muzzle-flash/Light thing. Currently we're placing a dynamic light for some frames. We'll check...
Posted By: 3dworld

Re: splatter game - 07/20/09 23:18

Those effects are great.really good job.The movements are really smooth, slow motion it's great.

Re: splatter game - 07/21/09 07:20

Did you think about a slight motion blur effect? I don't mean for the slow motion, all the time, like in most newer games.

Re: splatter game - 07/21/09 08:10

the light blurr effect is when you turn camera like in Crysis.
But it costs GPU power : it would be an option : caus we know A7 is not a speed engine.

Re: splatter game - 07/22/09 17:01

We're currently creating some sketches of our super "anti" hero:

This is not the final version, just some concept art. Please let us know what you think...

Re: splatter game - 07/22/09 17:50

Looks good!
I like the style. The third one looks best.

Re: splatter game - 07/22/09 17:57

Duke Begins
Posted By: FBL

Re: splatter game - 07/22/09 18:58

Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: splatter game - 07/22/09 19:52

Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: splatter game - 07/22/09 19:57

Originally Posted By: Zapan@Work
"anti" hero
Ummm, you mean enemy?? grin

Re: splatter game - 07/22/09 22:32

"anti"Hero (means "Antiheld" in German.)

Its a Hero with "unconventional" Morals,
not the Antagonist.
Posted By: DC9

Re: splatter game - 07/23/09 01:58

#3 - has a kind of haggard look, like he's seen some of the worst stuff around ... and walked away from it.

Re: splatter game - 07/23/09 14:15

#3.

Re: splatter game - 07/23/09 14:28

these choices dont make alot of sense to me, the obvious choice is 3, the others arent really even an option as players would bitch about some thick muscular dude killing zombies at midnight wearing SHADES!? huh!? instead of giving us variations of the same pic to chose from, why not sketch more characters?

doesnt mean i like the third design either but oh well, thats just me, he looks like an actor, cant remember the name however...

Re: splatter game - 07/23/09 14:54

His name is Duke Nukem wink blue jeans, black boots, muscular body, tank shirt...
I'd choose #3 but then again I don't like this stupid mustache.
What I'd like is some kind of Quake 3 "Sarge" guy, short hair cut, cigar between his teeth, maybe a little bit older - retired military.

Re: splatter game - 07/23/09 15:33

ugh... That meens it`s wonderfull fore a splatter game.
(but not for somzhing else...)

But what happens wenn the zombies get you??
Do you splatt to?

Re: splatter game - 07/23/09 17:57

Originally Posted By: darkinferno
instead of giving us variations of the same pic to chose from, why not sketch more characters?

well what he's doing is presenting a thumbnail sketch, generally they aren't as detailed as this, but they take a very basic structure and reshape it several times to see what people think about the different ideas.

Re: splatter game - 07/23/09 18:12

Now, you need things like, blood drips slowly over the body of the zomby and bones are sticking throw the zomby wen you shoot at him (of corse with alot of blood :)) and so on...

PS: But I don`t want to see it...
Posted By: Joozey

Re: splatter game - 07/24/09 00:04

Hahaha this game looks insane.
The hero should be more Riddick-like cool
Posted By: The_Clyde

Re: splatter game - 07/24/09 15:46

How about, Bruce Willis in a chef's outfit?

Or maybe Alan Rickman in a trenchcoat and a fedora hat?

Re: splatter game - 07/24/09 17:02

We're currently creating some sketches of our super "anti" hero:

This is not the final version, just some concept art. Please let us know what you think...

Full Throttle? wink Middle one!

Re: splatter game - 07/24/09 20:19

We don't mind of the look of the hero , caus it will be an FPS , so you won't see him (only if you make some cinematic) !
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 15:26

the third one you are prefering looks like this character (From Dusk Till Dawn):

He also casted in many other Tarantino movies.

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 15:45

You're right. As we mentioned in the scribble the last picture was inspired from "Denny Trejo".

Here are some other variations:

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 16:49

hm. how bout some variation? you know... not just show us the same character with different clothing, tattoos or hairdos. it kinda seems like you already have the model and want us to pick the skin ^^

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 16:56

hm. how bout some variation? you know... not just show us the same character with different clothing, tattoos or hairdos. it kinda seems like you already have the model and want us to pick the skin ^^

AGREED, thats what i've been pointing out, they all seem similar and whats with this shooting zombies at NIGHTS while wearing DARK SHADES concept?

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 17:18

@darkinferno and joozey,

I already explained why he's doing that earlier. Read my last post. It's a very common way for a 3d artist to work.

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 21:14

Zapan told me some days ago about some really nice stuff in the game. REALLY nice stuff I mean. And why we only could take over the role like the dirty, tattooed peace of shit, like in the movies of 1970??. Would it not be nicer to be a modern, perfect boy with a big cock, - just perfect. A p e r f e c t killing machine? Just my opinion.

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 21:33

Looks too gay imo. I would prefer the Duke style. wink

Btw. real anti heroes are actually wearing sunglasses 24/7.
They are just a part of the anatomy.

Re: splatter game - 07/25/09 22:02

What about some postal dude kind of guy?

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 01:36

dude, wat kinda pic is that, this is a game design forum, people from everywhere come here, i think thats out of place and should be removed, i dont care about how anyone chooses to defend it, this is MY opinion, this is also my last post on that topic.... bac to tha game...
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 07:50

Bad pic. Remove it.

I like the character design. I normally don't care much for the buff hero, because the hero's always buff in games, but I like how he's not your spunky character. He's rough looking. He's not pretty. He fits the game really well, and is not typical. He looks relatively unique.

@Ratchet: We actually do care what the main character looks like. Even though in Half-Life and Half-Life 2 we don't see Gordon Freeman, he's still an important character and we associate his appearance with the game. Also, to say that we'll never see the main character assumes this game will make no attempts to diversify itself within the FPS genre, and also assumes the main character won't be playable if there's multi-player.

Jibb

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 10:53

How about playing as a grim reaper
who has had enough of his dumb zombies^^

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 11:38

I'd go for the middle one, being a teen iN the 80's as I was.
But give him an eye-patch instead of shades, and a cobra chest-tattoo.
(Snake Pliskin from the "Escape from NY/LA" movies)

But honestly, seeing as there is no real storyline (if i remember correctly)
then why not have a character selection screen as game start.
Different character models that have NO impact on gameplay.

So you can choose Anit-Hero, Leather-clad chick, geek, whatever.
I'd love to see an Alice(from the resident-evil MOVIES) look-alike...

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 13:24

Yes we've also thought about that point (many diffrent cahrackters you can choose from). Because we're running a "no budget production" here, only one hard-guy will become our super hero in the game smile

So stay tuned, the title-screen is in the works...

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 18:54

We've uploaded a new movie:
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCr0Lz04Vo[/video]

* new DOF effects -> when reloading the weapon, only the weapon is focused now
* improved screen-blood
* added some details to the test rooms
* added flare effects
* added new gibs

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 19:14

Nice.
I really love the 'clink-clink' of the ammo-belt of the machine when just walking around.

One point of concern. When firing the shotgun, the camera/player is moving back after every shot.
Is that recoil or just the play-testers habit?
If its recoil then I dont like it.
If its the playtesters kayboard style, thats cool.

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 19:16

Recoil: It's me, trying to play a fps game smile We don't like recoil effects besides of "Special" weapons, so there is no recoil for one of the weapons you've seen in the video.

Re: splatter game - 07/26/09 19:40

Thats cool, I tend to do he same when Im really "into" a session.

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 07:05

The screen splatter looks very good. But you have to find a balance between enemy count and reducing the effect. When I killed one and my screen is full of blood, it is hardly to follow the killing of other coming enemies.
When there is just one following, the effect is cool. But when the player is killing no 4 and still got the blood of no 1 in his face...
this doesn´t fit.

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 09:39

When I killed one and my screen is full of blood it is hardly to follow the killing of other coming enemies.

For people wanting blood and Zombies, i think you have been served with lot more than you expected ahahahaaaaaaa grin smile grin

You made my day LoL.

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 09:50

this was a technical aspect to pimp up the gameplay
btw
araaahahahaharahar crazy

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 10:30

Well, why not keeping amount of bllod effects that in the options ?

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 11:04

okayahaaahahaharrarahhahahha... sick crazy

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 13:30

You can change the amount of the Hud-blood in the options: much, heavy and all smile

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 16:43

Fat zombies should spill more blood than small ones!

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 21:54

For the depth of field effect what shader did you use ?
Special user contribution or the one given in A7 package ?

Some personnal things :
Why having smoke effect on zombies ? they already have bllod effect. Smoke shoud only be when hit the level walls or assets.

The flare effect , is not smooth when you pass through , put a light on the room and use a more subtle flare effect perhaps.
Is there any good volumetric light shader with A7 ?

Re: splatter game - 07/27/09 22:49

Originally Posted By: Firoball

not rly. fat zombies should spill rotten fat. well, THAT would be what i'd call gross. ^^

Re: splatter game - 07/28/09 02:47

concerning ratchets comments about the flare, i agree as well but one thing to consider is that the dof depth is going to look funny on it.

Re: splatter game - 07/28/09 06:33

not rly. fat zombies should spill rotten fat. well, THAT would be what i'd call gross. ^^

okay, let's take bowel then.

Re: splatter game - 07/28/09 11:39

Is this Slipknot in the background?
Nice!

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 06:06

We've changed the explosions now:
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXBATTm60Y[/video]
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TeKlHYHEJk[/video]
[video:youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNfBtPxzKgc[/video]

What do you think?

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 06:36

1. Die Musik geht jetzt in die absolut richtige Richtung. Fun, Cool, Haltdrauf-Mukke.

2. Ihr habt zwar Funken eingebaut - aber es müssen noch spritende Funken rein. Vergleiche Bild.
Spritzende Funken-Elemente haben den Vorteil, daß sich das Auge nicht zu sehr auf den Animationsablauf des Feuerballs (der mittlerweile geil ausschaut) konzentriert.

- ich bin kein Physiker und vielleicht hängen die Funken von ganz bestimmten Begebenheiten ab, aber scheiß auf Realismus, hier geht´s um fun. Weil ... ohne Spaß kein fun.

- noch eine Mini-Idee - vielleicht wäre es cool, so die Granate in unmittelbarer Nähe ihrer Opfer expoldiert, ein paar Körperteile (extra gescriptete Fake-Teile) in Richtung Spieler fliegen zu lassen. Das würde den Effekt des Massakers verstärken.

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 12:51

Great effects!!When you gonna publishing a playable demo?

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 13:04

whats wrong with the video tags? also, is it me or are you using shaders on the level blocks? laugh

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 15:09

sieht schon super aus, aber wie alpha schon gesagt hat... ein paar funken mehr würden nicht schaden.

und wer zur hölle macht eure waffen? der raketenwerfer sieht großartig aus o_O
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 18:16

Oh wie geil, sieht echt super aus! "That's gotta hurt!" Passt hier perfekt. xD

Mehr als die Funken hab ich au net zu sagen, scheiss auf Realismus, hauptsache die Effekte kommen gut rüber und sehen einigermaßen plausibel aus. ^^
Posted By: sebbi91

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 18:36

absolut genial!
der Deph of field effekt, die Modelle,die Effekte!
Das Spiel kommt schon ziemlich nah an Highendspiele ran!
Grafisch schon fast besser als Left4dead!!

einwandfrei!

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 19:32

Ich hätte da noch ne schnelle Idee wie wär es mit Gaßflaschen die richtig schön rumfliegen und Zombies mitreißen so wie z.B. bei Ubersoldier fals das hier jemandem was sagt (was ich ja mal annehmen darf^^)

sieht wirklich schön aus das Gesamtpaket

mfg

Aztec

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 21:20

Erstmal danke für das viele Lob, da hat sich die Nachtschicht ja gelohnt und wir können neue Motivation tanken! smile
Wir machen mal ein paar mehr Funken rein und das mit den gib sachen probieren wir auchnoch aus. Derzeit fliegen ja schon die Augen "manchmal" in die Spielerrichtung, ggf. nemen wir noch ein paar Fleischbrocken dazu

Re: splatter game - 08/07/09 21:28

rumfliegende augen? wie geil. das erste mal dass ich soviel liebe zum detail gesehn hab (splattertechnisch) war fallout 3... bei nem critical headshot sind augen, kieferknochen und - kann mich auch täuschen - einzelne zähne durch die gegend gesegelt... immer weiter so leute, bin gespannt aufs nächste update.
Posted By: Rondidon

Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/07/09 21:47

Hallo Revogames/wetain/crew51 oder wie auch immer ihr in inzwischen heißt ;-),

mir gefällt euer neues Spiel vom Gameplay her ganz gut. Besonders die Laufbewegung und das Verhalten der Waffe sind wirklich gut gelungen. Allerdings gibt es auch noch einiges zu verbessern. Zum einen wäre da die Grafik. Ihr könnt die A7 Engine ohne viel Aufwand nicht zur Source Engine umprogrammieren, jedoch könnt ihr das Beste aus ihr rausholen. Arbeitet mehr mit Farben und vor allem Licht/Schatten. Atmosphärisch verschafft es unglaubliche Vorteile wenn ihr durch Leuchtreklamen, Scheinwerfer und brennende Häuserfassaden oder zumindest Fässer ein wenig optische Abwechslung reinbringt. Außerdem fehlen die Details und die Außenlevels. Allgemein wirkt das ganze Leveldesign sehr altbacken. So gerne ich alte Spiele liebe, möchte ich in einem kommerziellen Spiel anno 2009 nicht mehr durch gleich wirkende, graue Gänge rennen. Ich möchte auch ein wenig Architektur sehen und Levels erleben, die eine Geschichte zu haben scheinen. Ein gutes Beispiel ist Bioshock. Lasst euch ein wenig von dieser Atmosphäre inspirieren und übertragt es in euren Zombie-Shooter.
Ein anderer Kritikpunkt ist meiner Meinung nach die Gewaltdarstellung. Ja, das ist ein Zombie-Shooter und ja, die müssen ein wenig blutiger als gewöhnliche Shooter ausfallen. Aber ihr schießt meiner Meinung nach ein wenig übers Ziel hinaus. Die ganze Inszinierung wirkt selbst auf mich als spiele- und shootererfahrenen Menschen zu sehr auf Metzelorgie ausgelegt - und das ist in Zeiten wie diesen ("Killerspiele") als deutscher Entwickler nicht gerade klug. Es geht dabei nicht mal um den Gewaltgrad selbst. Es geht einfach um diese fehlende Atmosphäre außenrum und das Begrenzen des Spaßfaktors auf das Abschlachten von Gegnern in grauen Gangschläuchen.

Trotzdem: Respektable Leistung bisher. Ich werde das Projekt weiterverfolgen und mich auf einen Multiplayermodus freuen.

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/08/09 10:55

rondidon, ich glaub die konzentrieren sich fürs erste aufs coden... (korrigiert mich wenn ich falsch liege) es stimmt, die level sind extrem fad, aber das haben testlevel so an sich wink

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/08/09 12:38

The explosion effect is not smmooth :not enougth frames, we can see black outlines : it looks old school like old games.

Try using a shader, or use random particles , use effects on it , make it random, not the same looking each time.

Actually it looks like a simple bitmap with no lighting effect.

Juts a critic, take it as you want and not too seriously smile
(you are not a team of 20 or 100 people making the game :),
we know that and how much time it takes to make a simple game)
Posted By: the2dgamedesigne

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/10/09 07:51

i agree on not liking the explosions but their acceptable, i've seen worse, once the gameplay is good, noone will care anyways, how about a demo laugh

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/10/09 11:42

With that explosions , it will look like all 3D amateur games you can find with very simple 3D such simple explosion.
I think people will pay attention to explosions, caus they take a good amount of screen : )
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/10/09 13:32

wich part of:
"unfinished, concentrating on codes, dont care about graphics for now"

dont you understand? youre not talking to amateurs here. zapan is here logner than i am. he knows what he is doing-.-

READ, THINK, READ AGAIN, THINK AGAIN, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST READ AND THOUGHT, POST!
in that order...

Re: Splatter Game - 08/13/09 08:03

Looks very good in my opinion.
To Rondindon's problem with the blood: It is a splatter game, what do you expect? Their goal is extreme splatter and blood, and well, they have it... grin

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/13/09 09:07

@Spike:
Calm down , your life is not in danger laugh
It's the world law, you'll always have critics when you expose
what you are doing :
could it be video game making, industry work hobby ...
Some people will like it, others will not, you'll nerver have 100% people that like the same thing.

The day you won't be so reactive and more cool to bad critics, yeah this day you'lla have grown a little in your mind laugh

"unfinished, concentrating on codes, dont care about graphics for now"
Ok i thought it was the final explosion !

I better not comment on your game to avoid you taking things too seriously and be in Rage Mode all the day !

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/13/09 12:12

We like all your comments, also if the are "negative", because this is one of the best ways to improve the game from our side.

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/13/09 13:16

@Zapan@work :
I like a lot your game, it's really impressive what you done already alone laugh
Not lot of people reach a playable game at that point, and with such visual quality in shaders and effects.

Well i can say :
-i like a lot your fullscreen effects
-i like the simple (but cool for killing zombies) level
-i like the zombies and their normal maps,
-it is looking already really professionnal indeed
etc ...
I forget some times to say before all the things i like even on very simple graphics games.
In fact i should perhaps before say what i like, caus when i say negative things, i know that's already great what have been done (specially in indy domain by lonewolves or little teams), i just say them to
perhaps give direction ideas on how level up the game quality.

You game look as good as A or AA games (not AAA caus they're made by 100 or 200 people) laugh
And when i saw explosions effects lowering the global visual quality of your game i though it was too bad that poor explosion bitmap is old school effect (not good bitmap and animation) and it should not mixed with such
great quality shader and effects of the game.

With some more work on it (change bitmap,effects,add shaders), you could keep the same quality of the game as it is actually.

Tat's right, i didn't know it was work in progress and not definitive explosion blush

Well your game is among one of the best looking next gen made with A7 , keep it progressing.

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/13/09 14:23

just a quick idea:
Have you ever thought of stationary weapons?
something like a gatling?

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/14/09 05:59

im never in rage mode. my problem is that without my funny voice and funny face. people dont get what im saying. everytime i write something, it looks like im some angry idiot. but almost all the time, im rather calm and typing with a smile because thats my nature. its like a transcript of some comedian. its not funny when written, but when you see and hear the guy, youre laughing.

i dont function in text only tongue

also, this is not my game...

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/14/09 13:23

No problem Spike.
I have nothing at all against you , and i'm sure you're a nice guy laugh

evne some people making fame wars sometimes , are cool people in real life.

And i also tell just what could be improving , saying , that's not very good, instead of saying : yeah that's that things are great etc ...
So i think i'll have to tell lot more what i already like i nmy posts laugh

Cover - 08/17/09 12:21

This is the first version of the cover (WIP). Currently there is no title included. The title will be placed at the top of the picture when everything si ready.

Please post your comments laugh ...
Posted By: Ayumi

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 12:27

Lol, that s a funny but great picture.
It s like a bit Turok or Duke Nukem....

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 13:32

Yeah the cover rocks baby grin

In fact, you should brought some babes in the game , perhaps in some weapon shop laugh
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 13:37

Looks like the cover of a metal band ^^

But it's cool wink

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 14:33

Sieht goil aus. Nur würde ich dem Poser-Modell eine "dickere" Hose spendieren.
Und er sollte vielleicht nicht zum Spieler blicken, sondern eher so "Che Guevara" -mäßig in die weite Ferne. Das kommt unnahbarer.
Vielleicht auch den kompletten unteren Teil mit den Figuren einen Funken näher herholen.

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 15:07

Looks like that Manowar cover....^^
But that fits into the guts'n'gore style.
I like it!

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 15:18

that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO duke nukem...

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 15:40

yes, i really do think the game needs more originality if its to be sold, you'll meet ALOT of crits this way
Posted By: PigHunter

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 15:48

Looks like Razor Ramon playing the role of Duke Nukem.

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 15:50

ich kann mich ja täuschen, aber ich hab nen duke nukem-titel in erinnerung, der haargenau gleich aussieht...
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 17:00

Thanks god you have some girls in your game. I already had the impression your hero was gay. wink

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 19:58

I took a closer look...
...best way for the cover would be a fusion between the styles of Richard Corben (muscles anatomy) and Boris Valleyo (colors). But very important... your painter should study the original "Duke Nukem" -Cover. Duke is the important filling in the pic and there is very important acitivity. He shoots some mfucks in the body. This is a very agressive style which perfectly would fit your ambient.

And then.... all balls MUST be greater.
Female characters need much more ass and breasts, wilder hairs, blowing in the wind.

The position of the hero... take his brick in the center as the maximum view point of his movement.

And instinctively right is to use no or not much blood in the pic. Blood or gore would turn down the explosive metal style.

Good work.

Re: Gut für Gamestudio, aber... - 08/17/09 20:08

Quote:
yes, i really do think the game needs more originality if its to be sold, you'll meet ALOT of crits this way ...
Ein anderer Kritikpunkt ist meiner Meinung nach die Gewaltdarstellung. Ja, das ist ein Zombie-Shooter und ja, die müssen ein wenig blutiger als gewöhnliche Shooter ausfallen. Aber ihr schießt meiner Meinung nach ein wenig übers Ziel hinaus.... u.s.w., u.s.w.

Let all freaks criticise the style near duke nukem... let all freaks talke about a "killerspiel", made in germany. Let all fuckn people be upset about this game. Let all newspapers write some articles about this impossible game which only shows violence.
What would be greater to let your bank account explode???

Re: Cover - 08/17/09 20:43

Well made side blow to Duke laugh

Re: Cover - 08/17/09 20:50

All gamers want "the duke", so they get one! laugh
Thanks for the nice feedback so far. We'll upload a new version within the next days.
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Cover - 08/21/09 16:38

Sweet cover, the duke-advices are really good I think.

Just look at the cover history, there are othere similarities, too:

Re: Cover - 08/21/09 18:11

good artists copy, great artists steal.

picasso banksy

Re: Cover - 08/24/09 13:07

New week, new title screen wink

Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Cover - 08/24/09 13:11

Perhaps hair blowing away from the explosion? Looking very good for what you're going for laugh

Jibb

Re: Cover - 08/25/09 07:47

Fehler: Brustmuskel Hero. Wer Delta und Bizeps so austrainiert, hat zwangsläufig einen ausgeprägten Brustmuskel.

Unschön. Der Atompilz dient nicht mehr als Metapher für das Böse, das bekämpft werden kann – sondern als blanke Bedrohung. Ich würde den Schädel in den Rauch wieder einbauen.
Wenn auch nur latent.

Unschön. Der Blick des Heros geht jetzt nach links, in eine gleich hohe Ebene.
Ich würde ihn in dieser Position über die Cam, leicht nach rechts in die etwas erhöhte Ferne blicken lassen. Blick in die gleiche Ebene bedeutet, dass er noch eine Bedrohung abchecken muss, was im Widerspruch zum Leichenberg unter ihm steht, der einen finalen Charakter wiedergibt.

Nicht zielgruppenorientiert: Ich finde den Schädel in der Hand des Heros geil, aber ich gehöre nicht zur main target group. Die Hauptzielgruppe steht auf harte, schnelle Lösungen. D.h., die Masse kann sich mit einem Hero identifizieren, der „ordentlich aufräumt“. Stichwort – Gesellschaftliche Befürwortung der Todesstrafe für Schwerstkriminelle.
Aber der „Richter“ wird in Eurem Bild aus der Sicht der Masse zu einem Sadisten, der Gefallen an Perversionen findet. Bildtechnisch zwar schön, aber aus kommerzieller Sicht eklatanter Schwachsinn.

Schön: Busen von der rechten Dame.
Scheißemäßig verschenkt wurde die Optik der linken. Unbedingt hier auch noch die Busen in voller Pracht zeigen. Oder die Arme weiter vorne aufstützen lassen, so dass man damit ihre großen Brüste assoziieren kann.

Nicht so perfekt: Der Hero nimmt von seiner optischen Darstellung noch nicht den dominierenden Charakter ein. Ich nehme als Betrachter die Personengruppe wahr. Aber es sollen ja gerade die Weiber sein, die vom Hero beschützt werden. Somit muß eine logische optische Abgrenzung erfolgen. Ich Hero mit den großen Eiern – ihr meine Chicks.
… dabei fällt auf… die Eier sind noch zu klein. Mit Poser kann man die Größe leicht regulieren. Würde ich unbedingt zumindest mal ausprobieren.

Linke Tussi: Viel mehr Wind in den Haaren. Man kann die gelbe Fläche als Kontrast wunderbar ausnutzen.

Zusätzlich würde ich noch mehr Dynamik reinbringen. Bei Duke war es das Feuer und die
fliegenden Patronenhülsen. Mehr Action, mehr Dramatik. Mehr Power.

Ansonsten sehr guter Fortschritt. Insbesondere gefallen mir die Brüste der rechten Dame sehr gut.

Re: Cover - 08/25/09 07:57

Schaut Euch mal die Bildgewalt vom Urmeister der heroischen Kunst an, Boris Vallejo:

Da kommt diese brachiale Muskelgewalt eigentlich saugut rüber.
Das Motiv Hero / Frauen ist steinalt. Ich würde mich einfach an den bisherigen Meistern orientieren.

Re: Cover - 08/25/09 10:30

Mich stört am meisten, dass die Damen in dem verrottenden Fleisch knieen.
Dann fände ich es besser, wenn sie nicht durch den Bildrahmen abgeschnitten würden.
Insgesamt gefällt mir die erste Version farblich besser, so, wie es jetzt ist, ist alles Ton in Ton mit dem "Schei**ehaufen". Ich würde nicht den ganzen Vordergrund in Dunkelheit absaufe lassen, sondern die einzelnen Figuren und auch die verschiedenen Leichen durch eigene Farbakzente herausstellen.
Ich könnte sich auch einen Scheinwerfer vorstellen, der den Vordergrund, der jetzt im Schatten liegt, nochmal schön herausstreicht.

Ansonsten fand ich den Atompilz mit seinem zotteligen handgestrickten Totenschädel der vorhergehenden Version peppiger.

-----
Falls ihr jedoch am Bildaufbau insgesamt noch etwas ändern solltet, würde ich den Helden und die Frauen auf einen hellen Felsen oberhalb des Leichenmorastes platzieren. Dann gäbe ich dem Helden und den Frauen klarere hellere Farben, die sich deutlich gegen die "Schmuddelfarben" der Leichen abgrenzen.

Re: Cover - 08/25/09 15:17

Vielen Dank für das Erstklassige Feedback. Das nächste Bild kommt bald! wink

Re: Cover - 08/25/09 15:55

"Der Atompilz dient nicht mehr als Metapher für das Böse, das bekämpft werden kann – sondern als blanke Bedrohung."

Für mich sieht es eher so aus, daß der Hero die Bombe selbst gezündet hat - Stichwort "aufräumen, aber richtig". wink

Re: Cover - 08/26/09 07:35

Folgende Idee spielt jetzt für das Cover keine Rolle, könnte aber im Spiel ganz witzig sein.
Wo ihr schonmal die Mädels auf dem Cover habt, könntet ihr sie ja auch ins Gameplay einbauen, wo der Spieler sie retten kann und sie sich dann bei diesem an der Schulter einhängen und den Spieler dann dahingehend unterstützen, dass sie hin und wieder einem Zombie einen Tritt in den Schritt verpassen, sodass der für einen Moment einknickt, bevor er weiterschreiten kann. smirk

Re: Cover - 08/26/09 08:14

Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
wo der Spieler sie retten kann und sie sich dann bei diesem an der Schulter einhängen und den Spieler dann dahingehend unterstützen,

wäre das nicht ein bißchen zu arg "Liebsfilm"? Unterstützungen können auch in anderer Art und Weise durch die Mädels erfolgen.

Re: Cover - 08/26/09 08:35

Na hörmal, die hängen sich ein, weil sie grad gerettet wurden! grin
Außerdem dachte ich an etwas, wo man sich die companion KI spart, indem man sie schlicht auf passable setzt, an die Position des Spielers koppelt, und bei passendem Abstand zu einem Zombie ein Bein mit Stöckelschuh hervorschnellen lässt. laugh (Wäre halt ein Gimick, der natürlich nicht zu aufwändig werden darf, weil er zum Gameplay nicht allzuviel beiträgt.)

Re: Cover - 08/26/09 10:37

...trotzdem bin ich der Meinung, daß den Programmierern recht wohl geraten wäre, die Damen für andere Vorlieben der Spieler einzusetzen, als mit deren Stöckelschuhe auf Zombies einzudreschen.
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: Cover - 08/26/09 12:42

Also ich find die Idee mit den stöckelschuhtretenden mädels ziemlich cool. Das is sicherlich für den einen oder anderen Lacher gut grin

Was jetzt allerdings die Langzeitmotivation angeht...das müsste man dann halt testen ob es nicht irgendwann nervt das die Damen die Zombies zu einem Knabenchor umgestallten wink
Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die

Re: Cover - 08/26/09 22:52

Man just add another 3 to 4 bitches and you'll be set LOL
Posted By: Kain_Waisenknabe

Re: Cover - 08/27/09 10:22

Naja, das ist ja nun wirklich 1:1 von Duke Nukem abgekupfert, sogar die Farben sind gleich. Während bei "Duke nuke them" der Name jedoch Programm ist, wirkt der Vokuhila-Typ irgendwie undefiniert und deplaziert. Außerdem kann man einen "Antihelden" nicht in die ultimative 80er Jahre Heroik-Pose stellen und ihm `ne ordentliche Portion Muckis verpassen - das macht keinen Sinn! Entweder habt ihr nun einen Helden oder ihr habt einen Antihelden, beides gleichzeitig geht nicht und eine Wrestling Frisur und `ne Pornobrille hauen es einfach nicht raus. Macht den Kerl doch fett oder dünn - die Gamehistorie ist proppenvoll mit Antihelden. Guckt euch doch Gordon Freeman oder die Typen aus "Redneck Rampage" an. Sorry - gemeinschaftliches Schulterklopfen ist nicht so meins... wink
Handwerklich ist das allerdings toll gemacht.
Gute Grüße,
Frank

Re: Cover - 08/27/09 14:48

Kommst Du aus dem Osten von Deutschland? Ein ostdeutscher Studienkollege hat mir mal erklärt, was eine Vokuhila ist. Das war scheinbar im Osten voll der Schlager.

Re: Cover - 08/27/09 18:14

Originally Posted By: alpha_strike
Kommst Du aus dem Osten von Deutschland? Ein ostdeutscher Studienkollege hat mir mal erklärt, was eine Vokuhila ist. Das war scheinbar im Osten voll der Schlager.

jo, und in österreich hat der vokuhila dank dieser seltsamen jugendbewegung namens "krocha" (ja, ich schäme mich für die, und ja, die sehn bzw sahenwirklich so aus) ein revival gefeiert.
Posted By: Kain_Waisenknabe

Re: Cover - 08/28/09 07:12

Nö - ich komme aus Braunschweig - aber das ist in der Nähe von Salzgitter und da trägt man auch heute noch ganz gerne mal Vorne-Kurz-Hinten-Lang .... wink

Vokuhila-Oliba gibt`s auch - aber das könnt ihr selber googeln...
Posted By: Erick_Castro

Re: splatter game - 08/28/09 21:09

The animation of the guns look excellent! My congratulations.

The blood effects looks incredible!

My congratulations.

But you have only zoombies of enemies?
How are you doing with the AI of the enemies?

My email is elcreador3d@gmail.com

I would like to taste your excellent game.

Re: splatter game - 09/02/09 13:10

Any news? Its september now, so I guess youre in the final phase?

Re: splatter game - 09/04/09 13:04

A new Cover:

As to the release. We're finishing the first level and all game mecahnics now. We'll release a new BETA Version within the next weeks. We hope that we can make the final Release by the End of this year, or in the first Q. of 2010.

If you're interested in a BETA test, please mail me to: weinhold@crew51.com
Posted By: Anime_Vampire

Re: splatter game - 09/05/09 03:06

This is really looking great! You could import hollywood
physics and have the zombies blow back through glass windows
and bar shelves. in slow motion.. laugh
Posted By: bart_the_13th

Re: Cover - 09/05/09 04:14

Nice blood effect... Wish I could create something like that...
And nice Cover too... If you planned to release it, what's the minimum PC spec, please dont make it too high grin...

Re: splatter game - 09/07/09 14:41

Originally Posted By: Anime_Vampire

You could import hollywood
physics and have the zombies blow back through glass windows
and bar shelves. in slow motion.. laugh

I guess you mean ragdolls?
This is a good idea, what about that, Zapan?

Re: splatter game - 09/07/09 15:29

That would be to performence hungry. We jsut want to put 10 more zombies into the scene than having one or two ragdoll effects. Besides that, the game would become to realistic...

Re: splatter game - 09/07/09 15:46

Sometimes, just some random basic death animations is also sufficient for an arcade game laugh

Re: splatter game - 09/13/09 14:14

We've added a head-hit zone to all zombies so you can kill them just with one/two shots in theire heads:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4nwI8WI9Y[/video]

The next big programming thing will be path-finding for the enemies so they'll get a bit "smarter" laugh ...
Posted By: GorNaKosh

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 02:30

zombies with pulsating blood Oo
not that dead how they look like

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 03:07

am glad you fixed the item pickup effect, though i did get a bit use to the screen flash.. lol... also, you added head shots but if i remember, your shotgun is VERY weak when used at close range, i'd like to think a shotgun to the chest at point blank range would kill wink.. other than thatm this can be a pretty addicting game, just make sure you add a survival mode, where a player tries to withstand waves of enemies, getting items after each wave.. [if u were looking for a gametype that is]

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 08:49

I personal still dislike the head in his hand on the cover... and... I still would change the direction of his view. But ... your decision.

What I damn like is this tiny pretty fckn cool head shoot effect. I think, beside all broken limbs, brains, hang out organic stuff... the exploding head must be one key element of all splatter events. This is one of the most shocking element in a horror scenario.
And what I really like - is the sniper head shot. Soooo fckn cool.

This was one of the cooles parts in the new rambo movie. The green sniper view and the following half head. Maybe you can include this gory effect. Just blow the half head away?

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 12:40

And you could do the zombie splitt in two parts when you shoot it with a shotgun or big power weapon in the middle ?
Like in Follout 3 : exploding in several parts perhaps ramdomly ?

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 12:54

Currently you can do the following:

* Normal kill, just playing the death animation
* Headshot, the head get's destroyed
* Explode in body parts

At the current state of the game we don't want to seperate the body parts. This has the following reasons:
* Will not match to the feeling of the game
* Too fps hungry, instead we like to place 10 more zombies instead of this effect

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 13:33

Ok with head shot , we don't see the head no more even as a detached object, you could do same with body, you would see legs only ?

Why you say : explode in body parts and you say after :
At the current state of the game we don't want to seperate the body parts.
Hard to understand laugh !

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 15:44

He means no single body parts, like split only one leg or one arm.

Re: splatter game - 09/14/09 15:48

So why he said :

Currently you can do the following:

* Normal kill, just playing the death animation
* Headshot, the head get's destroyed
* Explode in body parts

He say you can do it ! and after he say no body parts ?
Crazy thread laugh

Re: splatter game - 09/15/09 06:51

It is a big difference to remove an objekt and create some ph-"body parts" in the death sequence instead of moving and controlling several objects as one zombie model.
Look at zapans videos.
Sometimes when he fires with big guns, the body explodes into peaces.
The head effect is made by using the new "vmask" effect, my opinion.

What I make is controlling several parts of limbs as one model. So I have the possibility to remove one part. Big disadvantage of this method... fps hungry, as zapan said. So I can not show 10 models at the same time with the possibility to build up one model with 11 elements. Zapan want to show masses of zombies, so he must reduce all his effects.

edit... if you want to check this out... go to my thread...
several limbs to one model

Re: splatter game - 09/18/09 21:54

The first level is nearly finished. Next step will be placing dirt and some other details on the ground and the walls (sprites). After that is finished we'll integrate pathfinding and drop/remove some more items...

What do you think?
Posted By: BastovBros

Re: splatter game - 09/18/09 22:05

Looks great, but could you post a video here? Just to feel how it is in game....

Re: splatter game - 09/18/09 23:50

the shots look good, i always hated depth of field though, the dual weapons look awesome, n i must say this is a fun game so far, am sure you know its downfalls....

may i ask the FOV/camera.arc value that you are using? it looks somewhat narrow... i think [in a good way]

Re: splatter game - 09/28/09 18:55

Here are 2 cover versions (just with the title):

1:

2:

What do you think?
Posted By: Superku

Re: splatter game - 09/28/09 19:09

Second one is much better.

Re: splatter game - 09/28/09 19:11

yepp, the second one...
Posted By: PigHunter

Re: splatter game - 09/28/09 19:19

#2 (Make "DIRTY DICK JOHNSON'S" bigger.) wink

Re: splatter game - 09/28/09 19:33

Hahaha!!! JOJOJOOO! The best title for a game, I ever read.
Dirty Dick rocks!!
Second is better.

wthefuck is DDick? This I read on google
ich kenne nur einen Dirty Dick´s im Zusammenhang, mit einer US-Restaurantkette - Dirty Dick´s Crab-House
Posted By: DC9

Re: splatter game - 09/29/09 00:55

Yep, the second one. The lettering pops out better.
Posted By: Saturnus

Re: splatter game - 09/29/09 06:59

I like the second version better, too.

The letters look like if they were blood-stained and I assume this fits both the game and the title itself very well. ; )

Also in my opinion the lettering "Dirty Dick Johnson's" is too obtrusive in the first version as it has the same color and brightness as the main title.

Re: splatter game - 09/29/09 08:15

second one is better, but dirty dick needs to be changed a little to make it better readable. maybe a shadow, an outer glow or just a little bit brighter, i dunno...

Re: splatter game - 09/29/09 08:36

Second one is a lot better. Maybe use some kind of eroded metal effect? Would look cool.

Re: splatter game - 09/29/09 13:36

Second one.... for the reasons said before. grin

Re: splatter game - 09/29/09 21:14

Here are 2 cover versions (just with the title):

1:

2:

What do you think?

Second, but please try to cut down the Left 4 Dead copying. Also, the 'dirty dick johnson's' font of the first cover is much better, but it's too bold.

Also, this game looks kick-ass, I hope you guys release this one!! I still find it somewhat of a disappointment that you didn't release that second world war FPs game. wink

Re: splatter game - 09/30/09 09:51

Why the game should not be released ??

It is becoming really nice and slick ,even better and advanced graphics than L4Dead on some points !

Even Steam i htink would be interested in publishing it in the indie section, i'm sure laugh
It just needs more solid and worked menus and interface.

Re: splatter game - 09/30/09 11:51

Originally Posted By: ratchet
Why the game should not be released ??

Well, it happened in the past with some of their projects.

Re: splatter game - 09/30/09 12:23

Well a simple basic and good fun FPS with zombies and good body explosion woul be appreciated a lot in those times laugh

No , it it is slick in the interface and looks pro, i really htink , it can go to steam.

Even the game AAAAAhaAaaaaaaaaa is not as advanced and is now on Steam !

Yeah go go go to steam !

Re: splatter game - 10/01/09 15:47

Steam?
I dont know, I dont think they would take a game that is so close to L4D... I'm not sure if Valve themselves control that, so I could be totally wrong.
Quality-wise, I think it would really get there....
Posted By: Quad

Re: splatter game - 10/01/09 16:53

"I dont know, I dont think they would take a game that is so close to L4D..."

first of all, it's not that close to l4d. left 4 dead is focused on co-op thing.
second there is game called "Killing Floor" which was a ut2k4 mod, then released as a game, and also a co-op zombie survival game.(even there is a fat exploding zombie with a poisonus bile, but that zombie was in the mod before the l4d wink )

so, i dont think there is a problem to get there. It only needs good advertising.

Re: splatter game - 10/01/09 19:06

Oh, yes, I remember Killing Floor.
And I forgot about the co-op aspect...

Re: splatter game - 10/04/09 11:19

Actually, I think this games makes a really good chance to come on Steam if they would try. It will need to be finished properly, but so far it's looking great. Definitely indie grade quality that can already be found on Steam (mods and/or games).

Re: splatter game - 10/05/09 15:35

Indeed, and i've seen a really most awfull FPS game on XboxLive laugh
Could even be published on XboxLive Indie categorie also laugh !

Re: splatter game - 10/06/09 10:32

Maybe this is the long anticipated Duke Nukem Forever release.
Just that the enemies got old due to the long development time and decayed to zombies grin

Re: splatter game - 10/06/09 12:10

well, thats a far more creative storyline for a game than your average zombie apocalypse. id take that XD

Re: splatter game - 10/06/09 12:21

cool idea! laugh

Re: splatter game - 10/07/09 12:19

Maybe this is the long anticipated Duke Nukem Forever release.
Just that the enemies got old due to the long development time and decayed to zombies grin

Yeah, one of the A-bombs must have gone off prematurely causing the mutations along with the delayed decaying of the corpses. wink
(10+ years, a body will be gone except for the bones in most cases.)

Re: splatter game - 10/10/09 17:35

Every good zombie game need one weapon, YES.. the good old chainsaw!

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmflO48CxGg[/video]

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEvrqV8gf10[/video]

Re: splatter game - 10/10/09 21:23

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX

Yeah, one of the A-bombs must have gone off prematurely causing the mutations along with the delayed decaying of the corpses. wink
(10+ years, a body will be gone except for the bones in most cases.)

Well of course they did not start rotting right at the announcement of DNF wink

Re: splatter game - 10/12/09 08:00

Every good zombie game need one weapon, YES.. the good old chainsaw!

WICKED!!

Re: splatter game - 10/19/09 10:25

So ganz nebenbei bemerkt haben Valve jetzt endlich für L4D2 die Kettensäge und die Axt integriert. Das ist auch gut so. Mit Brechstangen und abgebrochenen Stuhlbeinen konnte ich noch nie was anfangen.

Und noch so ein Tipp für die Kettensäge... ich habe am Wochenende so ungefähr 6 Stunden Holz zerlegt und neben einer Spaltaxt auch eine Stihl Kettensäge (50cm Blatt) verwendet.
Das Ding wird mit der Zeit sauschwer und ich würde Eurem Modell diese "Schwere" ebenso spendieren. Bei Euch sieht das eher aus wie die 49Euro - elektrische Kettensäge vom Baumarkt.

Ich persönlich würde nur mit einer Stihl-Kettensäge auf Zombies losgehen.

einfach eine geile Sache...

und hier die Fiskars Spaltaxt...

auch eine geile Sache, weil man damit die reale Chance hat, einem Zombie wirklich die Fresse einzudreschen. Sie rutscht nicht ab, gleitet nicht nur rein, sondern würde den Schädel entzwei brechen.

Posted By: Crazykins

Re: splatter game - 10/19/09 10:57

Nein! Nicht chainsaw! Mine Deutsch ist schlect! lol

Instead of the chainsaw I vote for the sledge hammer. It gives you more room to work with and is devastating to the head area. grin

Re: splatter game - 10/19/09 17:32

Ja, du hast recht. Es fehlt noch ein wenig Qualm und das Blut muss noch etwas anders aussehen... Vielleicht spielen wir auch etwas mit der slowmo rum, mal schauen...

Diese "Schwere" ist ne ganz gute/wichtige sache, weil das ganze ja "wuchtig" rüberkommen soll.. Mal schauen was wa da so machen koennen...

Re: splatter game - 10/19/09 18:01

Lasst Euch mal von Timberjack Wettbewerben inspirieren.
Da gibt´s einige Eigenbau-Trümmer mit 60ccm und mehr. grin

Ansonsten: Husqvarna ist das Mittel der Wahl!

Zitat aus der Gebrauchsanweisung:
"Versuchen Sie nicht, das laufende Gerät mit den Genitalien zu stoppen!"

Immer diese schnapsgeschwängerten Wetten zwischen Holzfällern...

Re: splatter game - 03/19/10 23:11

Just a little zombie update. In our next version we'll show you some very fast zombies which can only be stopped with the good old chainsaw or maybe some other stuff wink

Re: splatter game - 03/19/10 23:28

ahh, you got better models, thats good... still wondering how you plan to improve gameplay, the first beta was fun, the second one, well... i didnt play through, sorry, i noticed that you reduced the amount of items you receive for slowing down time, simply because you didnt want the time thing to be abused, but honestly, thats what made me like the first one, the second one.. eh, idk, good luck tho guys, hope the ai was improved more laugh

Re: splatter game - 03/19/10 23:34

Very nice looking models, only the shoulder in the second shot on the right looks weird. When do you upload a new video?

Re: splatter game - 03/19/10 23:40

We've also changed the gameplay a bit. It's now more a "survival" mode and also the "mob-zombies" are now very funny and real "enemies" because of pathfinding and a little bit more "brain"... because they love "braiinnnsss" wink

Hopefully we'll release a new version in the next month. Stay tuned...

Re: splatter game - 03/20/10 10:08

Ahhh, a life sign... grin
Nice new models u got there, and survival mode sounds fine, too. Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Re: splatter game - 04/22/10 22:40

Men everything look great but when do you gonna post a demo?

Re: splatter game - 04/27/10 23:07

I don't really know were did you go with this project but it looks really good. I've been follow this thread for a while now but it doesn't move forward other more than videos and screen shoots (and the videos are not longer online). Do you have a website were we can follow the evolution of the project or something besides the post in the forum?.

I'll towards to play your demo. Really a great job.

Re: splatter game - 04/28/10 09:35

We'll post some new movies/screenshots etc in the next month. Maybe we'll also put a blog for the procject online...

Re: splatter game - 04/28/10 16:24

Great!!! Cannot wait!!!!

Re: splatter game - 05/10/10 20:45

We're currently developing the "swamp" part of Call of Death. It feels really "swampy" so far, we hope you like it! laugh

Re: splatter game - 05/10/10 20:46

and the last three:

Posted By: BastovBros

Re: splatter game - 05/10/10 20:52

awesome....can't wait for a demo or something....would be nice. The first screenshot with two zombies is just perfect.

Re: splatter game - 05/11/10 14:19

That moon is awesome. grin

Really nice screenshots, I like those environments far more than the ones u showed before.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: splatter game - 05/11/10 16:35

Love the moon as well.

I think the ground's rather dry for a "swamp" setting.

Only thing I don't like is that it looks pixel-y. Maybe cause the sky cube's definition is too low? I can't tell.

But gameplay comes first, and that part's looking like you're really far. Well done.

Re: splatter game - 05/11/10 19:40

The moon is nice! grin Sort of cartoony, maybe, you could exaggerate your zombies in that way a bit, too.
At least, you could place some decals on their shirts with weird phrases to irritate the player, because he tries to read them before he kills the zombie.
The planks in the rooms and the stair-rails are too big, that ruins the style.
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: splatter game - 05/11/10 19:50

For a demo, we'll have to wait for A8, sadly.
I havent been able to get any kind of look onto this game(videos are all down frown frown )

Greets
Rackscha

Re: splatter game - 05/11/10 20:22

I don't care that much for graphics but as there is no gameplay additions to comment on, I will write what I like and esp. what I dislike about the screenshots:
I really like the idea with the angry moon a lot, the color scheme is well chosen, too, and they all have a nice atmosphere.
I must admit that I really hate (!) the staircase (shot 6), it looks like A4. The flares are too big, they almost take a quarter of the screen. I would add (at least simple static sprite) shadows to the objects in screenshot 5 so the models blend nicely into the level. The explosion (shot 7) looks nice but the room itself stays dark, if possible, add something to brighten up the scene (f.i. a dynamic light if the vertex lighting does not look too bad).

Just my 2 cents.

Re: splatter game - 05/12/10 22:55

the explosion sprite looks really basic !
i hope there is some smoke remaining around the explosion or after !

Good screenshots , i like them laugh !

Re: splatter game - 05/13/10 03:13

Men pretty good job right there. Those screen shoots just look excellent. I like the moon..it's a very original idea. I think that everybody here is just waiting for the demo. This promises to be a great deliver. I've played a couple of games create in 3d game studio and I think that they could been better if they put more effort in create a better game. So far the best game I've played created in 3d game studio was KABUS22. I'm pretty sure that yours will be the 2nd in the favorites list.
Keep it up with the hard work. Great graphics and post-rendering effects.
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: splatter game - 05/17/10 17:36

The moon is nice. i dont know if it fits into the "everything should look real" layout, but i also dont know if there will be more stuff like that and the whole design will be founded on style rather then reality.

the levels look quite dull so far. without you telling us its a swamp level i would never knew it. the inside rooms aint that interesting either.
I assume there will be some lightmapping later on or at least some shadows. this might add quite a bit to the atmosphere of the whole project. so far it looks more like an A5 game.

I like the zombies and the weapons so far as well as the moon.
hope there will be some unique gameplay features so you can compete with left for dead and all the other zombie shooters coming up.

good luck and have fun
cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums