Hi:Breed Theory

Posted By: bart_the_13th

Hi:Breed Theory - 08/30/09 13:51

Ok, actually this one is a port from A6 to A7.80 Extra.
It's a 3rd person shooter with monsters taken from my other project D.N.A...

Progress is going slow though since I rarely in front of my PC...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hi:Breed Theory - 08/30/09 14:09

hey, that looks scary and have good atmosphere!
will it be a game like silent hill?
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Hi:Breed Theory - 08/30/09 15:33

Hey hey! That looks amazing. But, is there any videos out there?
Posted By: littlejacky

Re: Hi:Breed Theory - 09/02/09 12:42

Nice work! It looks a little bit like "Resident Evil".

Re: Hi:Breed Theory - 09/05/09 04:24

Ok, here's a short video for the game play...
Changed the player model...
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYVuq1ZUquk[/video]

Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/09/09 10:50

New video
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxkaQNHmQLA[/video]

What I've done here:
-Rewrite the aim code
-Added fake light bloom
-Added cloth shredder shader

Player's cloth will be shredded every time she took damage and I guess this will turn the game into eroge a little bit...
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/09/09 11:32

Looks good, I would however add animation blending.
What I like is the monster AI and the general creepy mood.

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/12/09 10:57

Okay, I already try to add some animation blending, though still not perfect yet.

Mean while, I just added some monster and a little change on player's hair...

Click to reveal..

Click to reveal..

Click to reveal..

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/22/09 08:18

Updates:
- Added new weapon, Carbine Assault Rifle
- Added flashlight using projected texture(thanks to XD1v0 for the projected texture using FFP code), no more tesselated light.
- Added ladder script, although the animation is still awkward

Another Video
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCZaRDiZr5Y[/video]

Any comments and critics are welcome... laugh
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/22/09 08:46

Nice flashlight, however it should loose its brightness over large distances.
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/22/09 11:40

this is pretty good
your monsters looks very scary and evil, a dark and creepy world, ...

i´m glad to see more next time laugh
Posted By: MTD

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/22/09 11:43

Looks Good.
The atmosphere, the flashlight, maybe the beast should move faster(animation).

Keep it going.

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 09/22/09 12:43

Thanks for the comments laugh
And you're right MTD, the enemies animation still need some tunings laugh
Posted By: zeusk

Re: Hi:Breed Theory - 10/10/09 15:19

this game looks awesome.Well done
Posted By: Renard

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 10/11/09 21:57

Hey, nice work! i was wondering if I can take a look of your aiming code, I`m working on a 3th person shooter too, (mine is more cartoonish style) and I`m having a hard time making the aiming sytem accurate.

thxs anyway.
Posted By: Blink

Re: Hi:Breed Theory[New Video] - 10/12/09 01:03

i like it. i almost crap my pants when the first monster came out! that sound they make is scary! all you need is some scary atmosphere music in the background and it will really scare people. great job.

3PS vs FPS - 11/06/09 07:59

Testing Hibreed using FPS mode, by just adding a line of code
Code:
vec_for_vertex(camera.x,player,eye_pos);

And setting the stencil_mode to 2.
Nothing else changed...

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDJGtQAqS8[/video]

This is the 3rd person(original view)...
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skyOfKOLUkk[/video]
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 11/06/09 12:10

first let me state that an fps view will always make a player feel like theyre apart of your world, much more immersion but switching between 3ps and Fps is a huge decision so evaluate the advantages/disadvantages well before making the decision.. i like both camera views but also remember if you do 3ps, bad animation/camera/aiming can and will break the game.. other than that, good luck and oh, may i ask how you did the flashlight?

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 11/21/09 09:13

Originally Posted By: Renard
Hey, nice work! i was wondering if I can take a look of your aiming code, I`m working on a 3th person shooter too, (mine is more cartoonish style) and I`m having a hard time making the aiming sytem accurate.
thxs anyway.

It's actually a lil bit buggy when the fps drop below 30 fps. I forgot to bring the code(I'm in my office right now).Maybe tomorrow, thnx..

Originally Posted By: darkinferno
first let me state that an fps view will always make a player feel like theyre apart of your world, much more immersion but switching between 3ps and Fps is a huge decision so evaluate the advantages/disadvantages well before making the decision.. i like both camera views but also remember if you do 3ps, bad animation/camera/aiming can and will break the game.. other than that, good luck and oh, may i ask how you did the flashlight?

Agree, Not to mention the reverse projection in the flashlight that will be visible in 3rd PS. Oh, the flashlight is using XDIV10's texture projectore, it's in LiteC contribution...

However, I found that FPS is a little too 'common' that you have plenty in the market.

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 11/21/09 11:32

well its common but common for a reason, dont try to do a different genre because you think because you think fpss are too common, its just a genre, it your job to make your game stand out wink

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 12/04/09 12:48

Hehe... True... And that's a difficult job, weeerry difficult job for me...
But the main idea I want to make this game 3rd person is so I can shred her clothes everytime she took damage. Not that in FPS I cant do that, but it much more enjoyable in 3rd PS tongue

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/20/10 08:44

Can anyone try my demo here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n2nromnf3qm

It use Chris3D bloom2 shader, compiled in A7.80Extra
Posted By: aztec

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/20/10 11:07

I'd like to but the link isn't workin wink grin

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/20/10 12:25

link works for me, nice little app, i like the systems you have implemented though they all need tweaking, major problem is the bad animations and the lack of environmental sounds, what i'd take a look at:

-better animations [you could use the ones from my GoldenEye game, theyre alot better than these, just add other anims and tweak what you want]
-didnt care much for the enemy behaviours
-use events to make interesting stuff happen in the level
use a shotgun with a barrel if youre having troubles with the feeding reload animation for this one
-tweak that flashlight code if you can, its weird seeing it on walls behind where its pointing, thats not an easy problem to solve but you could try turning it off while running

its a nice playtest, i wont really call it a functioning demo yet but you did good putting the systems together, it has alot of potential
Posted By: the_clown

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/21/10 11:43

Looks nice, plays nice, and has some really cool elements like the cloth effect...
I noticed that the main character is blending its upper body animations, is that true? And if so, how did u manage that?

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/24/10 07:37

Originally Posted By: darkinferno

-better animations [you could use the ones from my GoldenEye game, theyre alot better than these, just add other anims and tweak what you want]
-didnt care much for the enemy behaviours
-tweak that flashlight code if you can, its weird seeing it on walls behind where its pointing, thats not an easy problem to solve but you could try turning it off while running

Got to admit that I'm no good modeler, cant say I'm good at programming either :LoL:. I'll be thankful if you can give me some nice animated bone(not the model, there are plenty of those so I can attach my model to it), or where can I d/l them for free laugh . I'm still looking for the way to remove the reverse projection, but still I cant find the solution without having to use shader(I can only use FFP)

Originally Posted By: the_clown

I noticed that the main character is blending its upper body animations, is that true? And if so, how did u manage that?

Yep, I use a combination of ent_animate(with anm_add), ent_blend, and ent_bonerotate. I use ent_blend for switching between state(like form, run, to aim, or aim to reload etc), then when aiming, I use ent_bonerotate after blending.

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/25/10 02:49

look for my goldeneye game, i can allow you to use the animations from that, there are alot better than the ones you use tongue though i dont know if the change in bone setup will make them unuseable, hmm, you dont need to fix your flashlight effect, just turn the light off when not aiming and use a simple gs spotlight then enable the ffp efefct when aiming, simple, also, you need to use a bigger cone of light, clamp the size..

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/27/10 14:25

I'd love to laugh But I've been searching the forum, and mostly they refer to GoldenEye 64...
I cant use spotlight since I turned of the tesselation(it looks really outdated, really). The bone setup wont be a big problem, I just need to rename it, I guess...

Re: 3PS vs FPS - 02/27/10 15:14

you can just take the "bond(c).mdl" from this update: http://www.filefront.com/15468541/ge_update0.0.3.rar/

and even if you dont use the spotlight, thats fine but the only fix i see for your ffp effect, is to turn it off when not aiming

FPS Test - 04/10/10 12:05

This is what I'm doing during my spare time. A little dark so you might have to squint a little grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfUzJSBVRps
Posted By: achaziel

Re: FPS Test - 04/10/10 12:16

you should improve the contrast a little bit, it's way too dark that way. also, the whole environment looks "dusty", but not in a good way... rather dull colors, if you know what i mean. and no, that has nothing to do with atmosphere...

Re: FPS Test - 04/10/10 12:40

hmm, i like the concept, tho it kinda screams F.E.A.R, however who cares, i like the concept, gameplay seems acceptable, GUNplay seems bad though:

- gun sound effect [u have this]
- muzzle flash [your current one needs work]
- firing animation [work on this]
- tracer effect and speed/style of the tracer [alot of games tend to ignore this]
- enemy hit effect [need tweaks]
- enemy reaction upon hit [not a NEED]
- hit sound effect

your movement seems a bit too slow, maybe a sprint function

Re: FPS Test - 04/10/10 13:10

Yes, I'm aware of the darkness, I made the whole screen darker so I can test the flashlight whether it fades out at distance or not laugh. And of course I wont use the textures and some models because they're from CS game. Theyre just placeholder.

Yes, I played FEAR too much grin. The model only have three animation ATM, running, walking and aiming LoL, beside the player was from CS too, so its placeholder too tongue. I cant use particles for the tracer(no BEAM), but I'll think of something for that.

Thanks for the feedback laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums