Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie.

Posted By: lostclimate

Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 05:00

Hey,

Been working on a zombie a little recently, inspired by all the zombie shooting games being made recently so I figure I'd show off my progress a little bit. some other angles (non diffuse textured shorts) are in my post in morbious.

still trying to figure out details to add to the diffuse. Also planning on adding a fabric surface normalmap to the shorts.

Posted By: ello

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 07:07

looks quite nice. just the shoulders seem really odd to me from their proportions
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 13:22

so thats the reason why i STIL wait for my (complete and working)code that i payed for since summer.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 14:09

Originally Posted By: chris_oat
so thats the reason why i STIL wait for my (complete and working)code that i payed for since summer.

wow
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 14:40

Originally Posted By: chris_oat

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 15:11

actually I have only been workin on it since the night before yesterday when I was waiting for your reply about the player code.
Posted By: indiGLOW

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 15:47

Anychance of a screen from the front and maybe a wire frame so we can give some critique? how many tris are you up to?

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 20:04

3832 tris

I have noticed too that it is very difficult to maintain a decent edgeflow and keep the amount of polys low at the same time, while keeping a decent silhouette on the face because all the indents and stuff. I tried to keep it decent, but it is still a little hacky.

Edit: oops, uploaded the same one twice.
Posted By: indiGLOW

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 20:47

I think thats a really nice model job you've done there! Good effort laugh

I think that I would lower the head slightly, and maybe add another set of polies around the neck area just to smooth that down a little. As for the rest I think its really good indeed.

Are you building and rigging this in 3DsMax?

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 11/24/09 21:40

blender actually. and thanks for the critiques. I might just do that extra loop.
Posted By: rayp

Re: Next Gen....-ish.... Zombie. - 12/07/09 18:27

Just wanted to say: GREAT WORK! looks nice !

Do u plan to model a freaky monster too (silent hill-style) ? ...just asking.
© 2024 lite-C Forums