Shade-C EVO

Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 02:03

Heya, long time no update on Shade-C.

I was nearing the limits of the current Shade-C, as the whole thing is pure forward rendering with lots of gpu power wasted for pixels you don't even see at all. You also can't do efficient ssao, gi, shadows, subsurface scattering, object based motion blur, etc. . It's possible to create these things, but they are very slow and not really useable for a realtime app.
So i started porting the current Shade-C to pure deferred shading, thus giving me all the stuff i need to create advanced eye candy such as ssao, subsurface scattering, "unlimited" fully dynamic lights, global illumination and maybe even radiosity (working on it).

So to keep it simple, this thread is for keeping you guys updated about the porting process as well as showcasing new effects.

Oh and don't worry, i will release a last version of the current shade-c with (hopefully) all bugs fixed. But there will be no new major features for this version, as it keeps getting slower and slower every time i add a new shader.
I will also do my best to keep the new shade-c compatible with the old one, so you don't have to rewrite all your code to include the new version.

Current features:
- subsurface scattering (yeee!)
- "unlimited" fully dynamic lights featuring normalmapping, diffuse and specular lighting on anything and everything
- environment mapping
- environment lighting
- teamcolors
- luminance mapping
- velvety lighting
- full support for level blocks and lightmaps
- no more shader assigning. Just create an entity, set it's properties like normalmapping strength, specular power, lighting method etc. and you are set. Very easy and fast to use. Did i mention it's fun tweaking these values in realtime? Well it is laugh

And some pictures of the first version, showcasing subsurface scattering on the head and normalmapping, diffuse & specular lighting, environment mapping on everything else :

(click to enlarge)

next things on my list are ssao and per-object-motion-blur as well as camera-motion-blur.

If you have any uber-shaders you would like to see in shade-c, now is the time to point me towards them! So let me hear those "I want shader xyz!!!111oneeleven" laugh

cheers
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 03:21

well i already talked with you so you know my project isnt all that shader intensive, however am really looking forward to this, it may push our project to new heights just like the last one did and we'd love to make shade-c handle everything shader based that we use so this is really cool

once again, looking forward to it, an it looks great so far
Posted By: Quad

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 07:55

thanks for the update, great news! also looking forward to this.

i gues you are already working on it but how are the shadows coming along with unlimited defrerred lighting ?

Quote:

I will also do my best to keep the new shade-c compatible with the old one, so you don't have to rewrite all your code to include the new version.

just dont sacrifice any new shiny feature for this wink

Quote:
now is the time to point me towards them! So let me hear those "I want shader xyz!!!111oneeleven"

i would say ssao, but i see you are alredy on it wink i also mentioned shadows rite?

Again, kep up the good work!
Posted By: ello

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 09:47

do you already have a glas shader (with / without bump, transplarency/dirt map, etc.) and such stuff in??

a flag for objects to create a pp glow or those starreflexes like you see on car lights in the dark...
Posted By: Yaz90

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 16:24

Speechless! Any plans on atmospheric scattering for dyanmic sun? A cool sea shader would be nice aswell, also any ideas on soft particles?

again great work, looking forward to all this!
Posted By: sebbi91

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 17:00

NICE PICTURES!!!!
Keep it up!
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 17:09

Indeed, VERY nice!
I'm looking forward to this, as I'm planning to use shade-c for the shader work in my project...
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 17:37

I would like to see a toonshader as well laugh.

I know theres one on the wiki, but i think its better to have a shade-c compatible one^^.

Greets
Rackscha
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 18:33

Awesome work!

How about a fire/flame shader? It would be a nice addition to your heat haze shader.

Also a shooting effect like the striders in half-life 2 (at 0:05)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1kzmI5UmN8&feature=related
would be cool.
Posted By: CD_saber

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/25/09 18:55

It would be cool to fix the fog-bug! I think this is essential for projects with outdoor levels!
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/28/09 18:05

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions so far. I've added all of them to my todo list, if they weren't already on it laugh

Implemented full support for A7 fog. While on it, i also added volumetric fog.

Current features:
- subsurface scattering
- "unlimited" fully dynamic lights featuring normalmapping, diffuse and specular lighting on anything and everything
- environment mapping
- environment lighting
- teamcolors
- luminance mapping
- velvety lighting
- full support for level blocks and lightmaps
- full support for A7 fog
- volumetric fog
- no more shader assigning. Just create an entity, set it's properties like normalmapping strength, specular power, lighting method etc. and you are set.
Posted By: Landixus

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/28/09 22:01

when is it done?
when ist it forDL?

Looks Great BTW!

And yes i will pay for good effects!

When some one can code me this:
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/art/features/howtoPartFx/

for 3dgs i will pay! the textures, spirites etc... i can made!
I need only a perfect code for the explosions, like in the vid.

cu
Andreas
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/28/09 23:20

That's got little to do with BOH's shaders I'm afraid, Landixus. Such explosions are easily made by yourself. It's all about the artwork and fine tuning particle movements.

Great fog there BOH!
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/29/09 12:00

"Such explosions are easily made by yourself."
haha... nice one grin

No... I know what you mean. It is quite simple, but only to some extend. When you get to the part where it must all work with a small number of particles and look good on all pcs, it's hard.

Landixus, thanks for the link, nice tutorial!

Back on topic:
Havoc, I love you! But don't tell your gf, she might come and kill me.
How fast is that volumetric fog of yours? Any stats yet? You know what I need it for... tongue
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/29/09 14:44

Ah yeah, small number of particles means being more artsy and creative with movement/scaling tthe sprites. But the concept is simple. laugh It doesn't require shaders.

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/30/09 09:47

Ehhm, i couldn't find any information about this, so:
I hope DoF and HDR is still a part of this package???
Posted By: William

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/30/09 09:52

Very nice work! I was hoping that you'd have time to fix the bug where you cannot disable the HDR after enabling it in the current version of Shade_C. Hopefully this is included in your old version? laugh
Posted By: ello

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/30/09 10:07

do you already have a shot of the volumetric fog?? btw, have you already added moving noise layers to the fog laugh

Re: Shade-C EVO - 11/30/09 15:55

Quote:
do you already have a shot of the volumetric fog?? btw, have you already added moving noise layers to the fog laugh

He postet one picture with green volumetric fog in his last post...?
Posted By: Landixus

Re: Shade-C EVO - 01/28/10 17:20

some news here?

i cant wait
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Shade-C EVO - 01/28/10 19:12

he has a lot to do for school currently...seems that you have to be patient laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums