Gravix

Posted By: Liamissimo

Gravix - 05/09/10 20:16

Hey Guys,

this is just a little project of 2 days because I want to test some of the Physics features wink

LINK: Klick!

Just 10 Levels but okay, more are going to follow quickly.

Posted By: Widi

Re: Gravix - 05/09/10 21:26

For your first project: nice, and it works.

Something about your code:
you include
#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>
twice, one time in your main.c and also in gravity.c
Also the function gravity_changer() is in both.

Keep on your work.
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Gravix - 05/09/10 22:41

I like it - particles of the sphere are looking pretty good in motion. And the level with the changing gravity is fun, too laugh

Second Demo - 05/26/10 18:38

So dudes, here is the second demo!

Changelog:
-Better Physics
-Menu
-On Shift - Sound Volume
-New Physic elements

Link:Klick
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Second Demo - 05/26/10 19:37

Can you upload it anywhere except MegaUpload?

Re: Second Demo - 05/26/10 20:04

Rapidshare

Upload in the Forum is encountering error "Filesize can not be smaller than 0 Bytes" frown

So, is Rapidshare okay?
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Second Demo - 05/26/10 21:43

Nice NIce laugh

But you should create some traps or things like it, cause atm a player can win every level by 100% wink

But the gameplay itself, is very cool. Its promising.

Greets
Rackscha

Re: Second Demo - 05/26/10 22:37

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I am thinking of traps but they have to fit in the scenario perfectly. But in the next Update, I will have implented (inserted tongue ) 2-3 cool effects!

Re: Second Demo - 05/26/10 22:47

Maybe you can do this:

If the player touches the center of a black hole, he disappears(reapears at start). Center is marked as a black sphere/cirlce soemthing round and black^^

This way he has to balance his movement for a good speedup while not beeing "killed" by the black hole laugh

Greets
Rackscha

Re: Second Demo - 05/27/10 00:03

Good Idead, will work it out tongue

Re: Second Demo - 05/27/10 08:30

Originally Posted By: TheLiam
So, is Rapidshare okay?
Still shitty, would be cool if you just upload all of your work on ifile.it. It has no limits.

Re: Second Demo - 05/27/10 09:49

Okay, thrid try, because I love my testers:
Klick! grin

Re: Second Demo - 05/27/10 10:51

Good... tongue

I like the gameplay, it's so much fun. But the ball sometimes get stuck at some places.
Posted By: Vinous_Beret

Re: Second Demo - 05/27/10 10:59

nice work,but A7's ODE physics is shitty,so don't bet on it for any serious attempts,my advice to you IS:
A-wait until A8 is ready,it uses AGIEA physics wich is so great.
B-try to use NEWTON wrapper its ok too.
Greetings.

Re: Second Demo - 05/27/10 11:03

Yes, I am going to implent Newton and wait for A8 grin

Thanks for the feedback
Posted By: Vinous_Beret

Re: Second Demo - 05/27/10 14:19

any time wink
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Second Demo - 05/28/10 12:43

funny so far, but as some people already said, it's still a bit... stale, if you know what i mean. there's no challenge yet.

Re: Second Demo - 05/29/10 18:42

Ok. I am working on more difficult stages, but newton seems very complex to me.
I'll see if I learn it, because I also got random crashes, and thats quite annoying.

But I'm working on it, also maybe change the level geometry so the problems of ODE doesn't show up too much tongue

Third Demo - 06/02/10 14:08

Soo, Here it is, third one, you see I like to update very fast tongue

Because Cowabanga wants it there: Link

Changelog:
-Better Physic (NOT Newton, I am sorry)
-6 more Levels
-New Constructions
-Levelpack System

I am now able to just click and drag objects to my levels. So now I just need good ideas for those levels, all the objects I am needing are now ready-to-use. But of course I am thinking of other cool physic elements like shockwaves and kinda like that.
Posted By: Razoron

Re: Third Demo - 06/02/10 16:38

It works, nice idea. What do you think about an ingame-level editor. There is a way to save levels and load them with script. Just search in the AUMs.

Re: Third Demo - 06/02/10 17:32

Yeah, sounds like fun (and alot of work hehe). Maybe it'll gonna find the way in the final version.

And thanks for the feedback, I really love feedback^^

Re: Gravix - 06/13/10 17:00

Brandneu und nur für euch: Gravix Version 0.4

Story: Ausserirdische sind gelandet und haben die Menschen gezwungen unter der Erde weiterzuleben. Soweit so standard. Jetzt macht sich unser Held Gravissimo auf den Weg vom Boden von unten in das Raumschiff rein. Die ersten 20 Level sind jetzt drin und Dialoge!

Changelog:

Physik verbessert
Komplett neues Dialogsystem
Story
3 neue Level
Code-Fix

Link: http://ifile.it/hux6liz

English:

The new Version is out: Gravix 0.4.

Now, with a storyline and dialogs.

Story: Aliens were coming to earth a few years before and as thought they were angry!
They forced the people to live under the earth. But now, a hero named Gravissimo is going to defeat the aliens. He is trying to get into the base from under the spaceship.

Attention: This game is sarcastic, the story is on purpose like all those others standard stories!

20 levels, sound and dialogs!

Link: http://ifile.it/hux6liz

Re: Gravix - 06/13/10 21:16

Also ich hab levepack1 ausprobiert.

DAs negative ist, das schwarze löcher wohl jetz immer einfluss auf den ganzen level haben(am anfang das level mit den kisten, werd ich sofort rabiat gegen die wand richting loch gezogen und die bewegung fällt schwer).

2 level weiter(schön das du mein lochhingerniss übernommen hast^^ schön designed) hab ichs nicht mehr wieter geschafft. Egal was ich gemacht habe, ich bekam nicht genug schwung um in den zielbereich zu kommen.

Denke das liegt daran dass das schwarze loch vielleicht zu nah an der wand ist? Ich kanll oft gegen die wand und dnan direkt ins zentrum des schwarzen loches XD

Das wär mein kurzbericht, ich spiel morgen weiter wnen ich ausgeschlafen bin wink

MFG
RAckscha

Re: Gravix - 06/13/10 22:24

fand den level mit dem großen schwarzen loch auch zu schwer und die stachelbälle find ich nen bischen umständlich zu manövieren. sonst fand ich das spiel echt gut, die dialoge sind erfrischend witzig und was könnte besser als diese abspannmusik sein?^^

Re: Second Demo - 06/14/10 17:37

NEW!

0.4.1 http://ifile.it/bpldxu8

I just integrated an function to leave the current level and enter the next level, for all those who don't want to spend long time on one level laugh

Re: Second Demo - 06/17/10 18:48

So, nach 0.4.1 mache ich ne etwas längere Pause und melde mich dann mit einem KOMPLETTEN Levelpack 2 wieder, bin jetzt an den Gelenken dran, sehr coole sache!

Re: Gravix - 06/26/10 15:45

Hello Guys,

this a post just to keep you up to date and hear what you are thinking about new features.

I integrated an Intro which explains everything, also modeled(modelled?) a mothership. I also integrated Levelpack 2 which is now playing in the mothership. There you have guards with laser. If you go trough it, a dialog(funny^^) appears and you are at the beginning of the lvel. BUT (ta-daa) you can switch it off with an expansion for Gravissimo that is creating a shockwave around him and turn the laser for a couple of seconds off. So, I now also have an restart system, if yu get stuck in a door or sth. like that.

My history is completed, it contanins 4 parts, but they are a secret tongue

As music, I have now a placeholder which is better than the old, but because I like classic music, I let you also choose an playlist of royalty free classic music.

Yes, thats it. You can test it in the next week on friday/saturday/sunday.

Stay tuned!
Posted By: Roel

Re: Gravix - 06/26/10 17:41

Good work!

It is fun to see you actually being so busy on making games.
actually, what happened to alpha ball? that is yours too, isn't it?
The game is not bad at all, although you could now focus on artwork of levels.
The black hole is a good feature, funny.

I found a bug:
when the game is played for the first time(and there is no savegame)
error messages are displayed.
you can check if there is a savegame, and then let the continue button have the same function as new game

Re: Gravix - 06/26/10 18:12

Oh well yes, I forgot that because I never used continue wink

Alpha Ball was just my first project to see what is possible and things like that. In 10 years I am going to make an 4D 2040p HD Remake, but for now, my project is Gravix.

Focus on artwork of levels, yes, thats what I am doint right at the moment, the spaceship looks very nice and the levels are modeled so that the actually fit in the model of the mothership wink

Thanks, you now how good it is to have feedback and tips about your project grin

Re: Gravix - 07/01/10 19:14

Okay, so I have alreqady fixed ALL bugs I found (around 20) and its now supererb grin

I am now making the last stage for the update, I implented also Xbox 360 controller support and I am going to give you about 5 levels for two player wink

So, the first big surpise: Multiplayer (local) is in it. Will be in it. uhhh....

Okay, I'll try to release on friday night or saturday.

Stay tuned for this mind blowing update!
Posted By: Clemens

Re: Gravix - 07/01/10 21:36

Weiß nicht, ob es an meinem WinRAR leigt (bezweifel dies), aber aufgrund des Pack-Problems mit dem Umlaut "ä" kommt es bei vslider_fläche.tga zu einer "Nicht-gefunden"-Fehlermeldung.

Leicht (selber) zu beheben, aber dachte ein Hinweis wäre angebracht.

Short opinion:
Nice mini game, but I'm missing some action.
Furthermore, what about a level restart button? (for example when you have been catched from the "door" and can't move anymore)

Re: Gravix - 07/01/10 21:49

Also, der restart Buttomn ist drin, auf Q, jetzt funktioniert er auch immer.

Die Action kommt noch, im nächsten Update in ca. 2 Wochen, arbeite schon dran. Sonst gilt als Action doch wohl auch ein 2 Spielermodus auf ausgewählten bekannten Maps. macht einfach Spaß mit so einem Schubser den anderen vom ziel wegzustoßen wink

Für die Action die mit Schießen zu tun hat: Ja, gibt es. Dann. Eine Maussteuerung, sowie ein 2D Shooter von oben, hoffe mir fallen da gute Sachen ein wink

danke für den Hinweis, wird behoben. Ist behoben grin

Re: Gravix - 07/02/10 21:39

UPDATE!

Hey everyone,

so, finally here is it: Gravix 0.5

I've been working for 8 hours today to get it finished for you.

Here is the changelog:

Bug Fixes
New Levels + Dialogues
Multiplayer Mode
Multiplayer Level (around 8 Levels)
Xbox 360 Controller Support
Going back to menu anytime
Sound improved

Yes, I think that now it is really fun playing (I hope so).
I made now an Installer with a nice Icon, Uninstall of course too grin

Please also play the Tutorial, it's completly new.

Yeah, taht should be it, I hope I dind't forgot sth. because I am totally fucked up from working 8 hours XD

Okay, if you find a bug (what happens sometimes ;)) post it here.

Ciao
Here is the link: http://liamschnell.sagenundmeinen.de/Gravix%20Installer.exe

Re: Gravix - 07/03/10 06:15

Getting to a new level while being still in a conversation, the panel stays open. (Happened to me at the level with the bumpers)
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Gravix - 07/03/10 06:54

I found a vocabulary Bug. In the Tutorial you say "You´re Goal" insted of "Your Goal".
These are different meanings grin
But anyway Really great Game!! Its really fun to play laugh
The Dialogues are funny grin I think i have nothing ti complain about.

Re: Gravix - 07/03/10 08:29

Okay, Scorpion, is fixed!

@Alibaba: Thats sounds just like what I hoped to hear grin Thanks guy grin

Re: Gravix - 07/04/10 19:33

Anybody else played it? smirk

Re: Gravix - 07/06/10 12:10

If you want to have Trailers and News about Gravix and other titels you also find me on IndieDB oder http://www.youtube.com/user/InfectedMindGames here

Re: Gravix - 07/08/10 15:54

Okay Guys, Update Time ( at least some words)

I finsihed the bossfight, yeah, amazing.
I started with Levelpack 3
I added a new Item
I am going to add a few new features for our ball

And I also have to questions(!):

Do you like to have: InGame Scenes when you have finsished a big goal or do you want funny scenes played by me? I mean the quality of the videos plaed by me will be really good, but I think maybe ingame is more serious wink

Re: Gravix - 07/08/10 16:45

Sounds great laugh

I would suggest ingame scenes wink (they dont have to be serious^^, but it would keep a specific style)

Greets
Rackscha

Re: Gravix - 07/08/10 16:51

Yeah okay, that was also my idea wink But I thought at C&C and those scene there were great grin

Re: Gravix - 07/08/10 16:55

Year, but i dont think they would fit into YOUR game wink

Re: Gravix - 07/08/10 17:05

Me too. At least I also don't have those "good" actors grin

Re: Gravix - 07/09/10 17:05

Okay, next Update in about a week, the weekend after this weekend. It'll contain:

Many Levels of Levelpack 3
HUD
Gameplay-Elements
End of Levelpack 2 (Bossfight)

For Sounds and something like that: I am going to my father who has a professional soundstudio and I am going to record sounds there, also my voice for some elements( I will equalize it so that is sounds good wink )

Love Liam

Re: Gravix - 07/10/10 16:37

I am sorry for my english, but maybe someone wants to see 2 or 3 new levels of Gravix in my Review:

http://www.vimeo.com/13228730
Posted By: 3run

Re: Gravix - 07/10/10 16:51

Damn! Your game is so great!! laugh

Re: Gravix - 07/18/10 13:27

So Guys, little report:

I changed to A8 and believed that when it is installed everything has to work better, smoother simply AMAZING. No, I had to work around a week until my game was playable under A8. I really was kinda like depressed because I had no goals, no ideas on what to do next. So, I brainstormed, worked a few days not and played just some games. Now I've got the power to move on, normally in this phase I am starting a new project ( I also had one, a FPS (kinda like) Soccer game). But I banned it into a dark coner in my brain and now I will continue. HAR!

I am going to buy an A7 Commercial, so I am going to make everything look nicer with all those shaders out there, waiting for me wink

I also added a function to shoot around, I don't know, maybe shoot on enemys, maybe just use it as new puzzle element.

So, thats it, I am going to work now, have all a nice day laugh

Re: Gravix - 07/18/10 14:11

Wow your game improved a lot.
THats definetly something you can call a game laugh
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Gravix - 07/18/10 15:21

Big respect for your continuation and perserverence! I believe that's what makes the difference in indie game-development.

You seem to have loads of cool puzzles implemented in your game, and the graphics already look good (the lights, for example). If I were you, I'd try to finalize the graphics, make them all fit together (for example, the hearts are 2d but the character is 3d, that looks weird) to make it look nice and polished...

Re: Gravix - 07/18/10 17:07

Yes, I think I am going to buy the new Versoin, make everything nice and then give you a cool version, because my continuation and the power also comes from all those great people like you here!

Re: Gravix - 07/20/10 21:04

I finished now the Shooting code, enemys are also in the game wink

Working on a bunch of levels now, 15 to be exactly wink Hope my creativity won't leave me. Right at the moment I am having some troubles with shaders who are just not showing up, PLEASE! if someone could help me I would be very thankful, without a solution I wont release a new version wink

Liam

Re: Gravix - 07/20/10 23:29

Everything solved, continue working like normal, sorry for Spam?!

Re: Gravix - 07/22/10 14:37

Okay, just a little picture to show you the redesign of nearly 90% of all levels.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Gravix - 07/24/10 00:51

I've tested your 0.2 version, It's very funny wink

Re: Gravix - 08/05/10 20:32

I had a developing break (pause?) for about a month because I felt a big pressure on me to get everything working and to make everything fine and that just destroyed my enthusiasm and everything else too. So I took a long break, collecting power, playing some hours of SC2 (Liamissimo - just if you want) and now, this evening I am ready to continue. Strange things are happening in my game, some scenes I am just pushing away from my to do list although I have to do them and the time for all that is now wink

So, another post not belonging to the game itself, but I think for a game developer it is hard to find someone in real life to talk with those things about, all of my friends still thinking making games is as easy as playing them. And even if we are all top game programmers, there is also that human part in us that want to write sth. like this here, also to give newbies a chance to see what phases there are in a game developement.

I kicked out bump maps. Yes, really. I had too much errors with them and they just killed my fps, so, I am sorry but graphic has to wait a little bit longer.

Liam - Work in progress, I am not dead. Not yet wink

Re: Gravix - 08/11/10 11:41

I am now in the Showcase, please leave your comments there grin
© 2024 lite-C Forums