Survive! 0.61 Alpha / online team survival game

Posted By: SchokoKeks

Survive! 0.61 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 18:31

Survive! is a multiplayer shooter in the spirit of “Serious Sam”, but with creative building using wooden crates. Bloody, but cartoonish. You and the other players are trapped in a remote desert and are being attacked by waves of monsters. You need to pile up crates and react fast to defend yourself. The game can be played with 1 to 8 players, the difficulty will be adapted automatically.

Official server is Online.

Youtube Video (720p HD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwolNVtikT8

News
- 26. 01. 21:00 - Hotfix released to fix the buggy movement. failed..
- 26. 01. 23:00 - 2nd Hotfix (V0.602) released, should fix the movement once and for all!
- 29. 01. 23:59 - Released 0.61 after some problems. Includes healthpacks and respawning

Download (56 MB), version 0.61
Download the newest version from my blog

Help and Key Assignment:

WSAD - move
Rightclick - pick up and drop crates

To get a new weapon, walk over its small crate and use the mouse wheel to change while you are NOT reloading.

Click to reveal.. (More Help)

Keys:

WSAD - move
leftclick - shoot
rightclick - pick up and drop crate
mouse wheel - switch weapons
space - jump
t or enter - chat
tab - see scoreboard and playerlist

How to play: (you don't have to read this, its self-explanatory.

First, go to "Options" and set your player name.

To start playing, click \"Join Online Server\". You will be connected to the main server. After connecting, you are in spectator mode.
To enter the game, press the left mouse button. You will find yourself in the center of the map. You can move and look around using the WSAD-Keys and the mouse.
The crates around you can be moved to build up a defence against the incoming monster horde.
To pick up a crate, position yourself in from of it and press the right mouse button. If you look up now, you will see the crate you are carrying. Press the right mouse button again to drop the crate.
You start with a revolver as your only weapon. As the game progresses, new weapons will be dropped in the world. Get near the crates containing them to pick them up. You can then switch weapons using the keys 1 to 10 or your mouse wheel.

Good luck out there, watch your back!

This is the first release after my redesign. Its in Alpha phase, meaning that not all of the planned features are in yet. There will be bugs. Balancing might be needed. Here's a list of my plans for the next milestone, version 0.7:

- Improved weapon handling, changing accuracy on movement etc
- Less lags on movement through time synchronization between server and client
- more powerups
- 2 more Weapons
- A few more enemy types
- Server list and LAN mode
- and possibly a better crate placement system

I'll try to play with you as often as possible, the server will be online 24/7 for some time. You always need the newest version to connect. I'm open for all suggestions and bug reports, but please don't spam about the graphics!

Have fun playing!

Thanks to dark_samurai and Lukas for ANet and LBGUI.

Also note: The first posts here don't represent the current version anymore. There is very little lag now, the game is playable!
Posted By: Superku

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 19:10

It lagged very much, I could not move at all. After some minutes, the lag was gone but I could not hurt anything anymore (the blood effect was still visible, though).

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 19:22

Yes, There is a bug in my interpolation system you only notice with low fps and/or high latency. I'm working on a hotfix, it should be released in an hour!
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 19:28

Apart from the movement bug, It looks fun and very promising. I would like to add as suggestion headshots for the zombies for example
Posted By: xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 19:40

Hey SchokoKeks
sorg dafür das man nicht von unsichtbaren Mumien angegriffen wird und ich hatte irgendwie probleme motorsägen und kisten aufzuheben. die monster teleportieren sich teilwewise.
ps: sorg noch dafür das man keine größere auflösung einstellen kann als der bildschirm erlaubt(oder ich hab ausversehen eine falsche auflösung erwischt), sonst spielt man im Fenster (falls das beabsichtig sein sollte musst du noch was mit der bildschirm größe und der camera ändern).
zum spiel selber:
das neuladen hat zu lange gebraucht auch wenn es schön aussah wink
und was mir ein bisschen fehlt ist das "oh nein sie kommen immer näher gefül" (das setzt horden von zombies vorraus und eine schnellere waffe zb. ein maschineen gewähr)
kann sein das einige schon davon was vor mir geschrieben haben
weil ich lange dran gescrieben habe!
gib trotz den bugs nich auf!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 19:55

Thanks for the feedback. The new version is uploading right now and will be available within 10 minutes. I've (hopefully) been able to completely remove lag on your own by changing to client side movement. This will add some more lag to the other players, but this is acceptable since its not a competitve shooter. The server still checks for movement cheats (like teleporting), so its not that much of a security issue.

@xxxxx
There are 6 weapons in the game including two machine guns and a shotgun, but we didn't reach that level yet. A faster pistol drops in round 5, the first machine gun in round 7.

Its more effective to wall yourself in then to run around shooting!
Posted By: TheShooter

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 20:07

Meine Version (o.6) is outdated. Wo gibts denn die neuste Version?
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 20:09

@The Shooter: ganz einfach: letzten Post

@SchokoKeks: Jippie, endlich wieder dieses tolle Spiel! Hoffe nur, es lagt nicht wieder, sah aber schon sehr vielversprechend aus!

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 20:42

Viel besser wink
manchmal lagt es noch ein bisschen vorallen dingen kommen dann die bösen mumien wieder an mich heran!
ich glaube die dritte zombie art wirft fehlerschatten und brutal ist sie auch noch

mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 21:10

now there is no lag, but sometimes the player gets stuck and walks like laggy and you have to exit and join again the server

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 21:26

unspielbar, leider
es lagt, ich ruckle nur durch die gegend und bekomme damage, obwohl kein zombie in der nähe ist...
die cam läuft aber flüssig

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 22:03

I hope I've found the cause for the problem this time, I once used vec_dist instead of vec_set, very stupid mistake. I'm currently uploading the new version 0.602.

It should be a little easier, and you get the new pistol on round 4 already. Please try this version tomorrow or day, and forget the impression you've got from the old versions!

EDIT: Upload finished, see updated first post to download.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/26/11 22:49

Runs perfectly smooth now, but the game crashed when I rightclicked to drop the box on top of another.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 08:39

Huge improvements to the first public version you've shown.

Carrying boxes is a good feature. Making them stack ontop of each other is great as well.
Creeps are better.
Please add health-packs.

Only bug I found was a shadows bug on the fast creeps.

Good work, keep it up!
Posted By: Zapan@work

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 11:34

Greate stuff. Keep it up!

Posted By: Roel

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 13:52

Nice game.
It would be nice if you preload the weapons, so the game doesn't freeze when the weapon is loaded for the first time.
as germanunkol said there are some shadows bugs, probably because of open meshes.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 14:23

Hat sich sehr verbessert keinen lag/bug gefunden(außer dem bereit erwähnten fehler-schatten natürlich grin )!
Blut sieht richtig gut aus wink
Hier ein paar Tipps:
1.Ich würde aber anstadt helligten tag eher nacht mit mond, wolken(vlt. regen) nehmen.

2.eine art regeneration und wiederauferstehung würde dem spiel auch nich schaden

3.ich fände es besser wenn man etwas verteidigen müsste oder das man nur so oder so oft sterben darf.

4. Die kisten(vlt. auch die leichen) würde ich mit Physik bewegen damit einige Turm konstelationen nicht vorkommen

(5. falls es kein test Tarrain sien sollte:
die Umgebung ist etwas karg)

wenn du diese Tipps befolgst wäre deim spiel (fast) perfekt.

mfg
xxxxxxx

Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 16:00

The game is already lots of fun and ou have something quite good in the making!

some points from my side:
+smith and w. weapon: longer reload should usualy mean higher impact. 6 bullets would work if they could kill instant.

+chainsaw: higher range and a "hold" mode (as long the button is pressed the chainsaw gets hold infront of you). i would also make it a "special weapon" (just one per game for all players and very powerful). run it on gas and let it disappear once the gas is gone.

+hp: i dont like the madipack idea. something where all players can leach hp out of an item after the round would be nice. so they have to "share" a limited amount of hp recovery...might lead to nice situations wink

+hitzones: a must have in such games. i aimed at the heads of the creatures quite some time, till i realized it doesnt have any effect (yet?)

+spell range: add some spell range to the fire effects. the game is hard enough.

+fighter classes: maybe worth a thought to add different player characters (medic, soldier aso) different stats and some unique skills. only the soldier can carry the rocket launcher but only the medic can heal aso.

+traps: some puddles filled with gas, some explosive charges or boxes that get lit by shoting it...

+goodies: shields, speed reloads, fire ammo....time framed upgrades

+not dead: when heelth reaches zero, add an option that some teammate can heal you during a short time period. it might lead to players risking their lives for others.

+different crates: add some variation to the crates for tactical reasons. iron crates last longer, trap crates kill the zombie when they collapse, gas crates slow down enemies in a range aso.

+crate on crate: minecraft anyone? piling crates right now doesnt help anything. why not "create" new crates by putting one on each other. wood crate + iron crate = spike crate. spike crate (hurts touching enemies) + fuel crate = buringn spikes crate (hurts enemies in range)....aso

+changing enemies: maybe the enemies could interact too. for example a ghoul kills and eats a zombie and becomes a zombie ghoul with new powers or a fire ghoul when kill on of the fire thingis.

+boss mobs: you know it and we all do: you need some boss mobs from time to time

just a few ideas laugh
keep up the good work, this might turn into quite a good game!

cheers

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 17:19

Blattslat, I think you have played Left 4 Dead, am i right? grin

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 17:23

sieht schon komisch aus, oder! granaten sind noch ein muss
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 17:31

nope. never played left 4 dead.

cheers

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 17:37

Wow, that is a huge number of suggestions, thanks a lot! I've got to think them through, some are really cool, others are just a bit too complex right now. Gonna comment on them soon, I'm really short of time right now.

And I'd like to ask everyone to come on the server tonight at 8 pm (20 Uhr) GMT+1 (Central European Time) to stress test it! Might also turn out to be big fun!
Or it could turn out to be a desaster because of bugs wink
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 21:03

With 8 player we played until wave 20. But it was possible to play even longer because of the rejoining.
The game runs very smooth and beside the stencil bug i noticed no bugs.
I think the game has a lot of potential! Waiting for new maps, weapons, monsters, etc. laugh
Posted By: Lukas

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 21:19

I just tested it a little, and I miss being able to use the chainsaw like in Left 4 Dead (holding the mouse button).
Apart from that, I can imagne it to be really nice with more players, unfortunately, I wasn't online at 8.

But if you already use LBGUI for the menu, why not use it for the chat, too?

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 22:46

Very fun!
The building part was great.

- the players can spawn in blocked areas. we built a large structure (that was fun!) and then new players spawned inside it
- I get stuck sometimes while building

I would not make the physics much more realistic. It's quite fun as it is! You can almost build "floating" blocks which are useful sometimes.
Posted By: Clemens

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/27/11 22:49

Really nice game!
But I would like to have more (run) speed, even when only in the waiting phase ... but otherwise it's to much time, you need for building.

Go on with that smart game
and see you inside/online wink

oh, and one more: the respawn position should be more flexible -> for not beeing ensnared in the big building in the middle of the battle ground ^^
Posted By: CD_saber

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/28/11 00:45

@shokokeks:
Hi, I played your game several times and I do think that it has a huge potential.
I really like to help you, so I designed a level for your game, to make the graphics more apealing. If you like it, i can send it to you. I can also help you creating better props!
here's a screenshot:

http://img94.imageshack.us/i/shot0.jpg

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/28/11 19:52

Woohuu!!! das Spiel ist der Hammer!!! habe heute bei zwei recorden mitgeholfen!!!
Schade das du keinen schnelleren Server hast der mehr als acht spieler unterstütz!
(grrr... conecting to server ohne ende)
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/28/11 20:12

yes, looks more adequat

Schokokeks, kannste den Spieler befähigen, noch steiler nach unten gucken zu können, sozusagen so dass er direkt unter sich schießen kann?
Posted By: 3run

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/28/11 20:21

Damn, level is so great! laugh

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/29/11 20:56

Just played for over an hour. Loads of fun once again!

Best part is the building.
We built large structures:

Collected loads of blocks, decided on something to build. For some reason, one guy always wanted his tower...

But once we had settled our differences, we had some great team play:

And when this happened, XstaarX was my hero:

I think I must've collected a hundred blocks tonight grin

Critique:
- please(!) add different types of blocks. concrete, wood, metal would be enough. It doesn't have to be another minecraft, but it would be fun if blocks had different attributes.
- I get stuck a lot when building. Could you make the selecting of blocks easier? As in: highlight the block I'd pick up while holding the right mouse button or something? and also make the direction in which the box is you pick up turn down and up with the camera. I can't pick up a box below me, for example, even if i'm not standing on it.

P.S. We made level 22!
Though I'm really looking forward to those healthpacks and more upgrades...
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/29/11 21:01

Wow, that looks like so much fun!! Great screenshots, Germanunkol!

Jibb

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/29/11 22:08

Thanks for that photo story, Germanunkol. I never had something like that in mind when i created the game. Shows the true creative potential of players here wink

I've noted down your suggestions, but I currently have a big problem:

I had version 0.61 uploaded and released, but while playtesting I found out that you were always loosing health from invisible mummy attacks. I've had that bug before but it doesn't appear in 6.02 so I thought it was gone.
So 0.61 probably won't be finished today. sorry for that.

Features that 0.61 will include:
- health packs
- respawning, but you loose 1/3 of your points when doing so
- weapon changing while reloading and some small fixes, including balance changes (shotgun is stronger now)

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/29/11 22:13

Hallo SchokoKeks nach dem ich heute wieder dein Spiel gespielt habe ist mir klar geworden das die bauphase die beste ist deswegen würde ich diese massiv erweitern. ich würde mehrere blöcke oder ähnliches ins spiel einbauen zb. metallblöcke, ne art fahrstuhl, stacheln, sprungkissen, landminen, stationere kanonen, ölfässer, waffenkisten mit allem, zeitbomben, teleporter und der wiederbelebungs punkt als fahne(verschiebbar). vlt. könntest du machen das man alle so und so viele sekunden einen neuen gegenstand an eine bestimmte selle auf der karte anordern kann. ich fände das spiel bei einem größeren tarrain mit viel landschft(zb. flüssen wo man gegner rein werfen kann, natürliche brücken, hölen, tälern, wald den man mit der kettensäge fällen kann und natürlich ehemalige bewohnte häuser) und dann natürlich mit entsprechenden AI's besser. Was vieleicht auch was gutes wär ist ein allzweck fahrzeug zum kisten-transportieren oder um ins offene gefecht zu fahren. Ich würde noch mehr waffen einfügen: bazuka, Fflammenwerfer, sniper, klaschnikoph(wie's auch immer gescrieben wird) und ein noch besseres Maschinengewähr, nahkampf: elektro schocker, polizei knüpel und den klassischen baseballschläger natürlich grin . tag-nacht-zyklus wäre nicht schlecht. dazu noch horden neuer zombies und dein spiel ist perfect(abgesehen von diesem lamen server)!
einige änderungen sind vlt. übertiben!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/29/11 23:33

@xxxxxx Danke für die Vorschläge. Würde ich allerdings auch nur die Hälfte davon umsetzen, wäre ich in einem Jahr noch nicht fertig. Die Vorschläge zum Bauen sind allerdings sehr interessant, besonders explodierende Fässer, Fallen, der Respawn-Punkt und noch einiges mehr.

I haven't made specific plans about the build mode yet, but I understand how it is the key part of the game. I'll have to think about it all. Most current goals (see first post) are about the fighting.

Good news:
I have released Version 0.61 with all the changes mentioned above. See first post for download link! And make sure you report all bugs, via PM or with a post.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 00:09

YES weapon changing while reloading, finally, JEESH, LOL and healthPacks, YES, now this is what this game needs, getting ready to log on, preparing excuse for ditching gf grin

kinda dont like youre idea about changing accuracy on movement that you have on your todo list, i think its difficult enough already
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 10:07

agreed!

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 10:39

Dude why you didn't upload it no some other filehosts?!
I'm having trouble with MEGAUPLOAD...
It says that file temporary is not available...

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 10:50

You are right, maybe they deleted the file? I usually upload to megaupload, rapidshare.com and netload.in, but this time i was short of time. I will upload to other hosts now, new link coming in 10 minutes!

EDIT: When I say "changing accuracy", I mean that the weapons will also get more accurate when standing still.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 11:36

ohhh, ok that works, thought you meant drastically reducing accuracy when moving, aftera while though, the weapons seem to lack punch, i know its because the enemies get stronger, maybe some items like damage multiplier n stuff ? idk

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 16:45

nochmal ein feedback:
wäre es möglich, einen fenstermodus einzubauen??
ich würde nebenher gerne chatten und muss dann imer das spiel beenden, da ich es nach einem fensterwechsel nicht mehr aufrufen kann...
wäre toll und sollte nicht zu schwer sein

aber sonst:
mach weiter so!

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 16:47

Das kann man schon im Menü wink

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 17:52

Why do I stuck in game? Like I've faced a wall and health is decreasing then! WTF?
One more question, you use OpenAL sounds? Where did you get it? laugh

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 19:02

I have played your game a bit more, and so far we always kept one monster alive to be able to build our base. So, maybe you should make the game more like we are playing it.

Like, you could make a mode in which there won't be any waves for a long time, or where we have to trigger the wave. To prevent the player from making infinitely big bases, just put a number of crates there and don't let any new crates fall down. This way, this game is about how to best use the available crates.

(Also, a fun mode would be cool where you can build a huge base from a top view grin )

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 19:22

@Richi007 Das geht schon, in den Options und dann unter der Auflösungseinstellung

@3Run: I'Ve never heared of this bug. There are invisible boundries where you wouldnt except them on the level sides. You don't get damage there though, it must've been some enemy hitting you. If someone else ever had the same problem, please report!
EDIT: OpenAL is used by Anet for its voice chat feature (which i can't use currently), its not used for any sound in the game.

@Lukas: I still haven't decided on what to do with the build mode. Maybe I'll add a second server where the round time is very long and you have a lot more time (and a few more crates). triggering rounds is cool too, but you'd need a good system where all players are able to agree on the time.

Other news: I've uploaded a youtube video, you can find it in the first post or here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwolNVtikT8

Tell me if you like it. The scenes where all recorded today, I know you've had bigger buildings but I don't have footage of it.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/30/11 20:24

Ich heute mal dein Spiel ohne diesen Toon effect gespielt sah ohne viel besser aus! Behebt den Stencil Bugbei den wölfen, bäumen hexen und teufeln(du kannst mir die modelle auch per PM zuschicken dann mach ich das) aber ich kann das netmehr ertragen cry!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 02:58

need a sprint laugh really, carrying boxes is annoying, a spring would help, do something to make it not cause too much advantage though, cant shoot ? horrible accuracy ?

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 07:24

Absolutely agree with darkinferno, you need to add sprint, that will make game more dynamic, but don't make player unable to shoot, just horrible reduce accuracy. But add stamina to sprint! That will prevent running around players, so monsters will be able to eat them grin You need to improve gun part... Guns are unbalanced! Add some recoil! Revolver is reloading too slow! Better to make player change whole barrel, rather then inserting each bullet...

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 09:34

Ability to run, I already suggested. I like 3runs idea of stamina to sprint. But while you're waiting for the next wave, there should be no limit.

I don't think, that the revolver should be balanced with the other weapons: harder leves, bigger weapons is the device of that game! But you're right that the later weapons are not that good balanced - you always use the mg - never use the later coming shotgun (much to slow reload time...)
Posted By: CetiLiteC

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 12:47

Chdcchris and me played for more than one hour, we died 3 times both and here is the result:

It's a really addictive game!! grin

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 14:17

You reached wave 55 playing only in pairs? respect 8)

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 21:06

We built until we reached the limit:

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 21:15

loooooooooool is the babel tower
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 01/31/11 22:01

lol exactly my thoughts.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 01:06

Wenn man "W" gedrückt hält, und dann "S" gedrückt hält, und dann "W" loslässt, läuft man trotzdem noch nach vorne xD. Aber sonst ist es geil wink

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 10:50

Wow, congratulations on that highscore, its incredible!
I also love that tower, I guess you noticed that i didn't really fix the bug that happens when you reach the level boarder wink

I'm currently rewriting the weapon system to be server-side as some people found out it is easy to cheat (no reloading and increased shoot speed). That'll take some time. I'm also changing and improving the menu: You'll be able to change some options ingame and I'll prepare it for having a server list and LAN-mode.

I've decided to change parts of the building system. I will add at least metal crates and oil barrels. You'll be be able to either blow up the oil barrels or spill the oil and ignite it at the right time to set the monsters on fire! The fire will damage wooden crates but not metal ones. Also, you will probably be able to repair metal crates because they are precious and don't drop often.

I'm thinking about changing the wave system so you can trigger waves when you are ready (likes Lukas suggested), but this will mean that crate supply will be limited. I might add this as a separate game mode, but I'm not sure yet.

Also, a sprinting system will be included, but you will only be able to sprint a very short distance during fighting phase. And I will make the spawn point of players movable, it will probably look like a flag pole.

Now the bad news: I'll have to start learning for university since there'll be several important tests soon. So progress will slow down a little. I'll be done by the end of February.
Don't expect the next big update (0.7) before the 15. of March.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention that the player model got worked over by CD_Saber and has a better skin and more animations now. We're also working on the new level (for screenshot see above).

So, tell me what you think about these plans!

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 12:53

Sounds great, especially the explosive barrels laugh

What about replacing the stencil shadows with the new PSSM Shadows? I had to disable the stencil shadows when we built the big tower.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 13:24

PSSM shadows seem to be A8 only, I'm still using A7 and don't have plans to upgrade anytime soon. But I'll use stencil LOD to increase shadow rendering speed in the next version.

Oh and I'll also add gas barrels that leak gas which slows down monsters and players who get in their range.

I'm also thinking about aligning the crates to a fixed grit. With that, I can use pathfinding for enemys and let the players build mazes and small passages where the monsters gather. That would probably include creating a "target" which the monsters try to destroy. the round would be lost immediately of this happens. A bit like tower defense.. Still, there would be different monster AIs, some would still go for the players or for crates instead of the target.

Would you prefer that kind of game to the current?

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 13:36

I thought you are using A8. Sorry, my fault!

What I would prefer would be an update system instead of the current weapon system. You earn money for killed monsters.
I would make it like this:
The chainsaw is the default weapon for everybody (if you don't have ammo you can use the chainsaw). As addition, you can buy one of 3 start weapons. By purchasing updates for each weapon you get more damage, higher firerates, faster reload,... After some waves, new weapons are unlocked and can be bought.
I would also add ammo. --> is dropped by the monsters and needs to be collected.
But you should think about a feature to share ammo with other players.

It would also be great if you can carry more boxes if you upgrade your "strength" (but not unlimited, set it to max. 3 boxes or so). But you can only carry one metal box.

Just some ideas that came into my mind while playing.

I think such an updating feature is something a lot of people like. Just look at the thousands of tower defense and other browser games where all you have to do is upgrading ^^

I think this would double the fun of the game laugh

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 13:37

Quote:
I'm also thinking about aligning the crates to a fixed grit

I'm sorry, but I don't like this idea at all (the rest, your second last post, sounds great!). Now you have almost total freedom in building, then it would be a Minecraft style of building but with a lot less possibilities.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 15:00

Yeah, don't make it too complex!

Conserve the simple but just good game principle.
I'm also skeptic about Dark_samurais ideas of upgrade system ... a fast easy connecting into the game in the middle of the game is important and wouldn't be that possible, if you have to fight with your revolver against the big demons...

P.S. thanks for expand the view angle of the player(s) wink

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 15:13

Maybe align the boxes to boxes next to them when pressing CTRL while dropping the box?

Example: when looking around, the box that will be picked up is highlighted. then you pick it up and move around. now you either drop it, or, if you hold CTRL, a see-through box will appear and highlight the area at which you can then drop the box. This see-through box aligns either to a grid or to the boxes that are around that place.
?
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 15:13

Maybe I missed it, but what is your plan for the future of this game? Do you want to polish it?

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 15:39

@Clemens: Hmmm... I didn't thought about the connecting during a running game.
But I don't think that this is a problem. The player should get the average money that all current playing players reached (or a little bit less). Something like that...

Currently the only variation in the game are the different ways you can place the boxes. The other things are always the same and that will bore the players very soon.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 15:48

hey SchokoKeks,
really nice features!
i'm really sad that your update is so late... frown
but i'm looking forward to it grin

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 15:52

Okay, the weapon system is in fact not perfect yet ... and with your second solution your thoughts seem to go in the right direction wink

Germanuunkol point is really good: With highlighting boxes you also prevent that somebody takes accidentally the wrong box and the nice building breaks down ^^
Posted By: Otter

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/01/11 21:31

Hi Schokokeks

Ich werd mich gleich mal wieder in den virtuellen survival ring werfen und fleisig wie eine biene kisten für das Fundament zusammentragen.
Aber erst ein vorschlag.
Was hältst du davon fliegende gegner einzubauen?
Ich hätte da an Harpyien gedacht.
Bei Kontakt verliert man zwar nicht viel energie, wird aber weggeschleudert.
Das würde den Leuten auf den kistenkonstuktionen sicher das leben schwer machen. wink

Das mit den Geschütztürmen fänd ich auch echt cool!
Nicht sonderlich stark, aber eine möglichkeit das sich das fundament gegen ein oder 2 zombies wehren kann.
Hab dabei an etwas kompaktes gedacht, das man überall einbauen kann.
Schnell mal ein beispiel zusammengeklickt:

Und kisten die explodieren wenn sie zerstört werden grin

Aus dem game kann noch ne echte "Bombe" werden. wink
mfg

OTTER

Kreuzotter (ingame)

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/02/11 19:34

Hi Otter,

echt super das du dir sogar die Mühe gemachst hast Prototypen zu entwerfen!

Für Explosionen wird es aber schon Ölfässer geben, die man in die Luft jagen kann. Alternativ wird man das Öl auch verteilen und anzünden können. Steht alles ein paar Posts weiter oben, allerdings auf Englisch.

Und Geschütztürme wird es auch geben, du hast mich überzeugt wink allerdings bleiben sie möglicherweise nur eine Zeit lang stehen, bis sie ihre Munition verschossen haben.

Fliegende Gegner sind auch eine gute Idee, das braucht aber noch etwas da ich eine neue KI dafür programmieren muss und es vorher noch viel anderes zu tun gibt laugh

And: I will not align the crates to a grid, but I will improve the system so that the crate you are going to pick up is highlighted.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/02/11 19:41

Mach die gegner etwas schlauer dass sie nicht nur nach xy koordinaten entscheiden sonder nur nach objekten auf einer bestimmten z ebene suchen(außer bei den hexen und lufteinheiten sofern welche rein kommen)!!!
mfg
xxxxxxx
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/02/11 20:05

Ich finde die Idee von Otter eigentlich ziemlich gut. Die Kisten sind die heimlichen Stars deines Spiels. Warum also nicht verschiedenste Kisten mit verschiedenen Fertigkeiten und Einsatzgebieten einbauen? Fände ich persönlich konsequenter und logischer als Fässer, Türme etc. Auch deine Idee mit dem Öl kann man in Kisten statt Fässer verpacken.
Gäbe dem Spiel eine eigene Note.

Zu den schubsenden Gegnern: Finde ich auch. Sowas fehlt. Auf den Kisten ist man bisher viel zu sicher.

Man könnte auch wechselndes Wetter einbauen. Im Regen muss man ganz andere Waffen (Kisten) einsetzen als im Sonnenschein, weil im Regen z.B. das Feuer ausgeht. Gleichzeitig ist man bei Gewitter auf den Kisten unsicher, weil der Blitz einschlägt und die Türme zusammenhaut oder anzündet. Steigendes Wasser, das die Kisten wegschwämmt und dadurch erstmal unbrauchbar macht bis die Sonne wieder rauskommt. Dann allerdings befindet man sich wegen dem Dunst mitten im Nebel, was Geschütztürme auf weite Distanz unbrauchbar macht. Und in der Sonne wiederrum haben die Waffen Hitzeprobleme und feuer breitet sich auch auf die Flora und Fauna aus. Das wäre doch klasse laugh

Auch Zwischengegner fehlen. Das Spiel hat riesiges Potential. Da kratzt du bisher nichtmal an der Oberfläche. Und trotzdem macht es schon Spaß.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/02/11 20:20

Letzten beiden Vorschlag-Postings stimmte ich durchgehend zu. Wobei die Wetter-Idee geringe Priorität vom eher schlechten Nutzen-Aufwand-Verhältnis her besitzen sollten.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/02/11 22:56

Wenn du willst kann ich dir eine Harpyie modellieren. Bin recht geschickt bei sowas und würde auch nicht lange brauchen.
Meine einzige vorraussetztung wäre, das der Vogel dann auch wirklich im spiel auftauchen wird.

Keine sorge, ich würde das für dich auch 100% Linzenzfrei machen und kein material verwenden das es schon gibt. wink
Was meinst du, darf ich loslegen?

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 01:58

i agree with the idea that you should stick to boxes also, also, please PLEASE add some bullet tracers, since its coop, it'll give the battle a more intense feel when everyone is spraying around, also you can see exactly where a teammember is shooting... i think this should be standard for all shooters..

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 12:41

Originally Posted By: xxxxxxx
Mach die gegner etwas schlauer dass sie nicht nur nach xy koordinaten entscheiden sonder nur nach objekten auf einer bestimmten z ebene suchen!

Das war geplant, habs aber aus den Augen verloren. Danke für den Hinweis.

Originally Posted By: Otter
Wenn du willst kann ich dir eine Harpyie modellieren.

Ein tolles Angebot, ich nehme gerne an! Wie oben gesagt wird es dann aber noch bis März dauern bis ich sie einbauen kann.

@Darkinferno: Bullet traces will be added, they'll add to the athmosphere for sure.

I'm still working on the menu right now. I've postponed the new weapon system and will rather change the game mode first.
To sum up what I already said above:
There'll be an object the players have to protect. If it is destroyed, the game is over.
I will add different "crates" (don't know if they will be crates yet). Metal crates which take more hits, oil filled crates which can explode of spill oil, gas filled crates which slow down enemies and players.

Here is a teaser of the new crate textures:

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 15:51

ich fand die alten kisten besser frown du must noch umbedingt machen, dass die camera wenn man tot ist collisionserkennung durchführt!!! mach das der gegenstand den man beschützen muss zu reparieren ist dass man ihn verschieben kann
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 16:09

Ne, Kisten find' ich schön.
Aber ich stimme den anderen zu, Kisten sind der Schlüssel in deinem Spiel. Es ist nunmmal ein Kisten-Spiel geworden, vielleicht ohne dass du es wolltest. Aber das ist gut so, bau das aus. Die Bauphase ist der tolle Teil an deinem Spiel. Und mach's mit Kisten.
-Explodierende Kisten.
-Kisten mit upgrades, wenn man sie zerschlägt/zersägt etc. (Dann muss der Spieler immer überlegen: nehm ich die Kiste als Deckung? oder soll ich gucken ob ein upgrade drin ist?)
-Festere Kisten (aus Stein? Metal?) die keine upgrades drin haben
-Geschütztürme in Kisten. fand ich ne gute idee. Vielleicht per air-drop anfragbar? Sprich: Alle 5 Minuten hat jeder Spieler die Möglichkeit, sich ein Upgrade zu holen, dass dann per Faltschirm kommt?

Die Spawn-Stellen könntest du noch schöner machen. Löcher im Boden, beispielsweise.

Und bitte, keine Fässer! Fässer sind total überbewertet. Ich hab mal gelesen "sobald jemand kisten und fässer in seinen level stellt weiß man, dass ihm die ideen ausgegangen sind" oder so. Die Kisten sind gut bei dir, das ist teil des designs. Aber wenn du jetzt noch fässer dazu tust... tongue

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 16:35

Obwohl die idee der Fässer ursprünglich meine war, bin ich auch dafür das du bei Kisten bleibst. Die explosive Kiste von Otter hinterlässt einen sehr guten Eindruck laugh

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 16:35

Mit den Upgrades fände ich auch gut nur dass man dann ab level schieß mich tot eine scan brille bekommt, oder so! Germanunkol wo hast du das den gelesen, dass ist meiner meinung nach unsinn vorausgesetzt man desint die fässer schön!!!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 16:47

Jetzt ist mir noch etwas eingefallen:

Wie wärs mit unterschiedlichen Gegnerklassen: Manche lassen sich leichter mit normaler Munition töten, andere mit Giftkugeln, andere mit Feuerkugeln,...
Auch bei den Kisten könnte es dann explosive Kisten, Kisten mit Giftgas,... geben.

Aber auf jedenfall sollte ein Upgradesystem vorgesehen werden (in irgend einer weise). Für Waffen, Health, Anzahl der tragbaren Kisten,...

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 16:59

Grade ma beim thema upgrades bau noch ein, dass wenn eine neue version raus kommt man nicht bei megaupload u. ect. drauf gehen muss sondern das spiel sich vom server direct holen kann, sofern das möglich wäre.
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/03/11 17:23

Per FTP wäre das z.b. möglich. Ein kleines Updateprogramm, das vor jedem Gamestart gestartet wird könnte checken ob es eine neue Version gibt (ftp_get_date()).

Als FTP Server könnte z.b. www.bplaced.net verwendet werden.

EDIT: Oder XAMPP installieren und den FTP Server einrichten (da du ja sowieso einen Rechner hast, der Tag und Nacht das Spiel hostet).

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/04/11 21:46

cry MACH cry MEHR cry MEDI cry PACKS! cry
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/04/11 23:04

Das Vögelchen ist zäher als ich gedacht hab.
Mesh 100%
textur 70%
animation 0%
Ich werd warscheinlich morgen oder übermorgen damit fertig sein.

LG
OTTER

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 11:52

Status update for english listeners:
I'm still working on the ingame menu, you can now change all options (including your name) without leaving the game.

Das Vögelchen ist zäher als ich gedacht hab.

Kein Problem, lass dir einfach Zeit. Komme mit dem Programmieren momentan eh nicht nach, die Feature-Liste wächst immer länger und ich hab wie gesagt momentan nur ein paar Stunden in der Woche in denen ich am Spiel arbeiten kann.

Ich bin von der Fässer-Idee wieder ab wink CD_saber skinnt mir super Kisten mit verschiedenen Eigenschaften.

Ein Upgrade-System ist sicherlich ein guter Motivator, das wird ich einbauen aber nicht in der nächsten Version.
Automatische Spiel-Updates stehen auch schon länger auf meiner To-Do Liste, irgendwann werd ich das mal realisieren. bplaced verbietet aber in den AGB eigentlich die Nutzung für Downloads unabhängig von der dort gehosteten Seite.

@xxxxxxx mehr Medipacks wirds nicht geben, da musst einfach besser aufpassen tongue. Aber andere Powerups, die das Spiel auch einfacher machen werden kommen.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 12:02

Originally Posted By: xxxxxxx
cry MACH cry MEHR cry MEDI cry PACKS! cry
mfg
xxxxxxx

Nein. Bitte nicht.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 12:02

Originally Posted By: SchokoKeks

Ich bin von der Fässer-Idee wieder ab wink CD_saber skinnt mir super Kisten mit verschiedenen Eigenschaften.

Back to the boxes. Right decision!
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 12:12

Originally Posted By: Dark_samurai
Als FTP Server könnte z.b. www.bplaced.net verwendet werden.

Oder www.g0dsoft.com die bieten für Entwickler gratis 10gb Webspace + mySQL solange wie sie wollen.
Man muss sich nur einmal bewerben, darf auch private Sachen hochladen. Und sie freuen sich wenn man sein Projekt mal vorstellt.
Übrigens sehr netter Kontakt sollte man mal Probleme haben.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 12:24

Ja stimmt darauf habe ich vergessen. Aber du kannst ja wie gesagt einfach einen FTP Server (--> XAMPP) öffnen und Port 20/21 für tcp forwarden. Extrem einfach zu installieren!

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 12:46

Quote:
Kein Problem, lass dir einfach Zeit.

Zu spät mein lieber!
Harpyien sind fertig und bereit dem spieler die Hölle heiß zu machen. cool
http://easyupload.hoerby.org/up/1137817328909167640.png
Hab sie etwas realistischer gemacht, damit sich der stil nicht mit den template sachen wie witch und co. streitet.
Auch die Polygonzahl hab ich niedrig gehalten um nicht die performance zu zerstören.

Verticals: 585 (weniger als witch)
Faces: 1158
Frames: 38
Groups: 2
Skins: 8

An SchokoKeks und alle anderen Survive gamer: würde es euch freuen diese Biester vom himmel zu fegen?
Oder habt ihr euch was anderes vorgestellt? confused

Wenn die mehrheit bis morgen abend überwiegt schick ich sie dir per PM.
Immerhin kann ich dir nix schicken mit dem die spieler nicht einverstanden sind.
Ist zwar dein spiel, aber mein model.
Also her mit der kritik!
mfg

OTTER
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 12:53

Eins der schönstens und interessantesten Modelle das ich in letzter Zeit gesehen habe laugh

Sehr gut, wusste gar nicht das wir noch so eine/n Künstler/in unter uns haben.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 13:00

Super! Schick das!!!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 13:03

Boah, ich bin fast von meinem Sitzball gefallen als ich das Model gesehen habe laugh Es ist umwerfend schön! Und in einem konsistenten Stil und tollen Skin. Mich wundert, dass du noch keinen Job in der Spielebranche hast! Falls du noch Ideen für Gegner hast, sag bescheid wink

Also Leute, schreibt mal eure Meinung, wenn ihr das Modell im Spiel haben wollt!

@DarkSamurai: Ein eigener FTP-Server kommt nicht in Frage, habe nur 1 MBit upload. Würde ich den Traffic nicht begrenzen würde der Server total laggen. Würde ich ihn begrenzen dann bräuchte der Download einer neuen Version 20 Minuten, so lange wartet heutzutage niemand gern auf seinen Download wink. g0dsoft scheint offline zu sein.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 13:08

Die Harpie sieht gut aus! laugh

Nur bau sie so ein, dass man noch eine Chance hat. Sonst muss man am Ende noch die Base überdachen...
Posted By: mk_1

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 13:23

Dann sollte man halt die Möglichkeit haben, Stangen aufzustellen und zwischen den Spitzen Planen aufzuspannen. Sollte jetzt nicht so das Ding sein.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 13:50

Die Harpye ist so perfekt an den Stil angepasst, dass man wünschte der Ausgangsstil des Spiels wäre von vornherein höherauflösend gewesen.

Wo ich noch etwas nachbessern würde, das ist die Textur der Füße.
Da solltest Du insgesamt die Falten und Haut"buckel" vergrößern, damit sie deutlicher herauskommen.

Die Krallen könnten auch ruhig noch einen Widerhaken vom Mesh her (das Budget an Polygonen gibt das ja noch gut her) und etwas Glanz in der Textur bekommen, vielleicht ähnlich wie der Schnabel.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 14:35

Auch von mir ein: sehr hübsch, rein damit!

Du machst es damit SchokoKeks ((und gegebenfalls auch den Zockern)) sicherlich nicht leichter, die Finger vom Spiel zu lassen und den momentan eigentlich höher gesetzten Prioritäten zu folgen grin

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 14:55

Quote:
Du machst es damit SchokoKeks ((und gegebenfalls auch den Zockern)) sicherlich nicht leichter, die Finger vom Spiel zu lassen und den momentan eigentlich höher gesetzten Prioritäten zu folgen

Das will ich doch hoffen. wink

Hätte nicht so viel lob erwartet!
Ich dachte ihr seit viel kritischer bei sowas grin
Schön das es euch gefällt, das ist unheimlich motivierent für mich.

Pappenheimer:
wie findest du das?

ihr dürft ruhig weiter vorschläge machen.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 15:24

Viel besser! laugh
Den Glanz würde ich an einzelnen Stellen noch fast bis ins Weiß hervorholen und einiger bis fast ins Schwarz reichende Stellen in den Falten setzen, z.B. zwischen Krallen und Haut.
(Damit nutzt Du die Helligkeitspalette besser aus - Vorbild ist da die Theaterschminke, die ja auch noch für die Zuschauer in der letzten Reihe markante Struktur haben soll! Hier ein Beispiel einer Maske, die nach dem Prinzip bemalt ist: http://www.horrorklinik.de/product_images/images/big/113200_cutUp_big.jpg)

Was mir grad an Deiner Liste zum Model auffällt: die 8 Skins sollten der Performance wegen (korrigiert mich, wenn ich mich da irre) am besten in einer einzigen Skin zusammengefasst werden, sollte bei 8 ja auch kein Problem sein, weil z.B. Skins von 128x128 in einem Skin von 512x256 an einandergepackt werden können.
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 15:26

Eine Frage: Woher kannst du das und wie lernt man das? laugh
Hast du das im MED gemacht?

Sieht wirklich professionell aus. Respekt. Mein Tipp: Bewirb dich in der Branche wink

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 15:42

Ich hätte da noch nen vorschlag: Die Harpie sieht aus als wäre sie so erschräckt dabei sollte sie fis aussehen! Aber sonst gilt: raus aus dem Forum rein in das Spiel laugh ! erhlich eigentlich kannste du das Vieh direkt zu schokokeks schicken!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 15:50

Ich muss zugeben im vergleich zur ersten version sehen die neuen krallen um meilen besser aus. Danke Pappenheimer!
Das sind die nochmal überarbeiteten beine.
[EDIT]: Auch wenn sich das jetzt nach meiner leistung komisch anhört, aber wie füge ich 8 skins in eine? Währe es besser 4 einzelne modelle zu erstellen (8 skins = 4 modelle weil ein model ein skin für flügel und einen fürn körper hat)?

Quote:
Die Harpie sieht aus als wäre sie so erschräckt dabei sollte sie fis aussehen!

vielleicht kann ich da noch was beim angriff ändern.

[doppel EDIT]: @Rondidon: Ja ich mache ausschließlich alles im MED. Das andere zeugs ist mir einfach zu komplitziert. tongue

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 15:56

An den Animationen würde ich jetzt noch nichts ändern, die sollte man erst im Spiel erleben, dann kann man daran immer noch Korrekturen vornehmen.
Wenn Du willst kannst Du für den "bösen" Ausdruck die Textur oberhalb der Augen vorn etwas herunterziehen, muss aber meiner Meinung nach nicht sein.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 19:45

Oh, wenn Du nur den MED nutzt, speichere Dein Model erst auf einen anderen Namen bevor Du versuchst, die Skins zu einer zusammenzulegen.
Da müsste ich selbst auch erst herumprobieren, wie man es machen könnte.
Ich glaube, Du müsstest erst die Gruppen zu einer verschmelzen, dann unter "Manage Skins" dem ganzen markierten Model die erste Skin mit "Set Skin" zuweisen.
Außerhalb von MED musst Du die einzelnen Bilder in ein entsprechend großes Bild kopieren und dort entsprechend positionieren.
Das Bild über die Skin Settings in MED in die erste Skin holen.
Im Skin Editor müsstest Du die UVs dann entsprechend des Bildes verteilen, weil sie sich dort ja noch alle überlagern.

Außerdem solltest Du bei Deinem Talent auf alle Fälle noch ein leistungsstarkes Programm lernen. Blender ist halt kostenlos und hat diese geniale Einführung:
http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_Dokumentation

Wenn Du dazu dann Fragen hast, die Du nicht per Google beantworten kannst, dann beantworte ich die Dir gerne.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 19:53

Mir kam grade ne Idee zu den Harpien: manche könnten sich die nächst beste boden einheit schnappen und in die Festung werfen und manche rammen wie gesagt die leute vom turm!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 20:02

Hätte auch ein paar Ideen.

Es wär doch total gut, wenn man eine Granate in eine Zombiehorde werfen könnte wink

Und für mich gehöhrt gore in ein Zombiespiel. Sehen vielleicht nicht alle so, aber ich schon wink

Macht aber total Spaß dein Spiel zu zocken laugh
Echt gute Arbeit.

Nehme ich mir mal als Vorbild grin

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 20:10

Hi, ich verstehe nicht wie es schneller sein kann mehrere Skins in eine Textur zu schreiben. Und ich weiß auch nicht wie ich dann im Script umschalten soll. Ich werde eh noch ent_preload einbauen zum laden, also die verzögerung beim laden ist nicht wichtig.

Also Otter: bitte bleib bei mehreren einzelnen Skins! (Ich hoffe es ist noch nicht zu spät). Und die Füße sind echt gelungen, um die Performance musst du dir bei so wenig Polygonen auch noch keine Sorgen machen.

Der einzige Grund warum es öfters ruckelt sind die Schatten der Kisten. Die kann man jetzt ingame abschalten.

x...x: Interessante Idee, aber schwer umzusetzen da ja nicht "definiert" ist wo die Festung steht. Wirds wohl eher nicht geben.

mk_1: Ja klar, Stoffplanen zum Abdecken wird es geben, genauso wie Öfen um darin Stücek von Gegnern zu braten und sein Leben wiederherzustellen. Dann wird es auch Dixi-Klos geben die man regelmäßig aufsuchen muss, sonst wird das schießen immer ungenauer!

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 20:21

dann eben bei einem spielen oder dem zentrum aller kisten oder spieler oder wiederbelebungspunkte wird doch wohl irgend wie gehen! tongue
Hi, ich verstehe nicht wie es schneller sein kann mehrere Skins in eine Textur zu schreiben. Und ich weiß auch nicht wie ich dann im Script umschalten soll.

1. vlt. eine externe Textur
2. u und v!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 20:27

Ist dieser Bug bereits bekannt: Wenn man bis zur Limitierung nach oben baut, sich ganz oben hinstellt und Leertaste gedrückt hält, kann man fliegen.

Wir hatten letztens Probleme mit der Levelsynchronität: Obwohl auf dem Server und einem Client der Turm bis ganz in die höhe gebaut war, stürzte er auf meinem Rechner ein sobald ich dem Server beigetreten bin. Wenn der Spieler bei dem der Turm noch ganz war nach oben kletterte, wurde er bei mir plötzlich auf den Kisten die vom Turm "abgebrochen" und nach unten gefallen sind dargestellt. Fast so als ob die Schwerkraft der Spieler auf jedem Client berechnet wird anstelle vom Senden der tatsächlichen z-Koordinate.

Client bei dem der Turm ganz ist:

Bei mir (beachte den abgebrochen Teil des Turmes am Boden):

Das passiert bei mir beim Verbinden mit dem Server (der Turm bricht ein):

Ansonsten läuft weiterhin alles problemlos laugh
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 20:29

x...x: Interessante Idee, aber schwer umzusetzen da ja nicht "definiert" ist wo die Festung steht. Wirds wohl eher nicht geben.

Ist doch relativ einfach, da wo mehr als X Kästen auf Y Raum sind ist eine Festung.

@Otter: Das Modell ist echt nett, ich werd es zwar nie ingame sehen, aber schick es trotzdem an SchokoKeks damit die anderen was davon haben!

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 20:32

Hi, ich verstehe nicht wie es schneller sein kann mehrere Skins in eine Textur zu schreiben.

Es geht um die Rendergeschwindigkeit und darum _eine_ Skin in eine _Textur_ zu schreiben statt mehere in mehrere, aber Du hast recht, bei so niedrigauflösendeen Texturen sollte das keinen großen Einfluss auf die Geschwindigkeit haben.
Ich wollte auf keinen Fall damit die Produktinsgeschwindigkeit aufgehalten haben! wink
Es ist ein großartiges Projekt!
(Dixiklos und ihren Einfluss auf Schießgenauigkeit fände ich tatsächlich super! grin )

EDIT:
Ups. Jetzt verstehe ich erst das ganze Missverständnis um die Skins. Mein Vorschlag hat nichts mit dem Skript zu tun gehabt.
Dann habe ich eventuell das mit den Skins missverstanden.

Falls Du, Otter, meintest, 8 verschiedene Versionen des Skins, also die blaue, schwarze, grüne etc., dann musst Du die Skins auch nicht zusammenlegen - das ist natürlich nicht gemeint.

Ich hatte das mit den Skins so verstanden, dass Du für die Füße, für den Kopf, für die Flügel etc. einzelne Skins hast.
Also für _eine_ Version des Models 8 verschiedene Skins, ohne die die Texturierung des Models nicht komplett ist.

Wenn also _eine_ Version der Harpye nur _eine_ Skin hat, ist eh alles von mir erwähnte unnötig.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 21:02

Dark_samurai das war mir bekannt ich hielt es für eine Störung weil zuviele Kästen dawaren!
mfg
xxxxxxx
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 21:18

Echt cool, hat wirklich fast garnicht gelaggt, aber den Realismus bei dem Kisten stapeln finde ich jetzt nicht so gut^^

Warum nutzt du nicht PSSM (oder anderes Shadowmapping) anstatt von Stencilshadows? Ich bin der Meinung das dies besser wäre (zum Beispiel bei dem rennenden Model wink )

Edit: Ich entschuldige mich für mein Unwissen das du A7 und nicht A8 benutzt.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 21:28

Weil die offiziellen PSSM Schatten erst in der A8 zur Verfügung stehen. Er könnte allerdings die Schatten von Shade-C, Slin,... verwenden.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 21:39

Mal ne andere Frage. Wie kann ich PSSM Schatten aktivieren? laugh grin

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 21:46

@TheShooter: das steht in deinem "Waffe verschwindet Teilweise"-Thred! Es reicht vollkommen das an einer stelle zu fragen!

@Dark_samurai
Originally Posted By: Dark_samurai
Er könnte allerdings die Schatten von Shade-C, Slin,... verwenden.
bloß nicht bei shade-c soweit ich weiß haben einige schatten probleme mit meiner grafikarten-serie!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 21:51

Ok ok. Hast ja recht. 1x reicht.

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 22:21

@ Dark_Samurai und xxxxxxx
Danke für den Bug-Report, ich wusste vorher nichts von dem Bug, kann mir aber denken woran es liegt und werde es mal versuchen zu beheben.

@The Shooter: Bitte ontopic bleiben! Ziemlich frech tongue

@Rei_ayanami: Hättest du es lieber realistischer, also das solche Kistenkonstruktionen zusammenbrechen?

Was die Schatten angeht muss ich mal schauen ob Shade-C u.ä. besser ist. Ich werde vermutlich demnächst auch einen neuen Toon-Shader einbauen, der mit Post-Processing arbeitet.
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/05/11 22:56

Jap, ich hätte wirklich lieber realismus bei den Kisten, weil das kommt wirklich komisch (auch wenn der rest völlig unrealistisch ist, bezüglich der gegner art zum Beispiel^^)

Ein Toon Shader hört sich nach einer höchst interessanten Idee an laugh

BTW: Julz hat ein sehr interessantes CSM Tutorial auf seiner Seite(für shadow mapping) - nur zu empfehlen wink
http://www.jibbsmart.com/csm_tutorial

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/06/11 11:13

Da ist doch schon ein Toon Shader hab! War irgendwie nich so schön! Ich würde ma shade-c und so durchgucken und ma probieren was am besten aussieht, sowohl toon als auch andere shader zb. HDR oder bump mapping,dass ganz gut für die Kisten wäre weil man da nicht immer eine vertiefung im mesh hat sondern einfach bumpmapping die dann eine vertiefung andeutete(könnte auf dauer vlt. das Tempo verbessern)!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/06/11 23:40

Meine Harpyie ist auf direktem weg zu SchokoKeks geflogen.
Das ergebnis war mehr als eindeutig.
Ich bin begeistert, das euch mein model so gefällt.
Eigentlich kann ich es fast nicht ertragen mein projekt und all meine bereits fertigen modelle vor euch zu verstecken,... aber mein vorhaben bleibt noch geheim. wink

Währe es nicht ein rießen performance verlusst wenn du die kisten physikalisch korrekt stappeln müsstest?
Du könntest es allerdings machen das kisten die über der hälfte in der luft hängen, von der anderen kiste abrutschen würde.(ohne sich dabei zu drehen. Einfach wie in tetris zur seite und dann runtergleiten.)
Die kisten währen dann nicht mehr ganz so unrealistisch, würden aber nichts von ihrem kreativen wert verlieren.

mfg
OTTER

Re: Survive! 0.6 Alpha / online team survival game - 02/07/11 14:53

Das war sowas von klar das die zu SchokoKeks geht!
Währe es nicht ein rießen performance verlusst wenn du die kisten physikalisch korrekt stappeln müsstest?
ich kann da jetzt nur von a8 sprechen, da wird auch nur performance gebraucht, wenn sich das zeug bewegt und sollte das der fall bei ODE(oder so) sein muß man einfach nur einige werte so einstellen das die Festung nicht bei jeder berührung das zeitliche segnet, aber da muß man gucken ob das wirklich klappt!
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 20:10

I'm proud to announce that Version 0.62 is finished.

Download here
Megaupload Download
Rapidshare Download

Sadly I can no longer edit the first post, so its download links still point to the old version. I'll have to start a new topic on this.

Changes:

• New game mode: You have to protect the generator. If it gets destroyed the round is over!
  • New metal crate (takes more hits)
  • New skins for wooden crates and parachute
  • New skins and animations for player
  • Ingame menu on ESC, allows changing options ingame
  • Improved enemy AI
  • Balancing adjustments and many small changes

The next version which will include the harpyie-model from Otter will be released in about a month from today on. Please continue to give your feedback, it has been incredibly helpful!
Posted By: chrisp1

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 20:18

juhu endlich eine neue version

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 20:18

yehaaa! grin
server is online?

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 20:26

Originally Posted By: Richi007
server is online?

Server is online 24/7 as usual!

I've added a second mirror on rapidshare.com as megaupload seems to be down very often!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 20:37

cool!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 21:12

I'm missing resolution 1280*1024? Could you add that?

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 21:18

Originally Posted By: Germanunkol
I'm missing resolution 1280*1024? Could you add that?

How could I have missed that! Will be added!

There are a few Bugs (enemies not attacking crates but only running into it), I'll release a bugfix release tomorrow which will also improve the crate selection.

EDIT: can anyone tell me what exactly that error popup is some of you seem to get?

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 21:26

Quote:
EDIT: can anyone tell me what exactly that error is some of you seem to get?

This is what happend to a friend:
It seems like the connection is lost from time to time. But some enet_... functions are still called after the disconnect which results in an error like this:

ANet-DLL: Error in enet_clsend_event!
No connection established!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 21:27

yeah, and plz make it runable on no-high-end-comps again wink

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/07/11 23:01

War wiedermal irre witzig zum spielen.
Blöd nur das die neuen bugs den schwierigkeitsgrad ziemlich gedämpft haben.
Die gegner waren nur selten in der lage die kisten anzugreifen.
Das resultat waren min. 500 kisten auf der karte. Was mir aber erlaubte meinen ultimativen mehrstöckigen, mit schießlucken und verteidigungsplattformen ausgestatteten Otter-Außenposten zu bauen (Darkinferno war sehr hilfreich).
Lucas und Quadraxas haben eine mauer zu den wichtigsten waffen gebaut.
Die war allerdings so gut, das die gegner nicht mal ansatzweise mehr zur Basisburg mit dem generator gekommen sind.

@Darkinferno: You are my hero wink

Die netten kleinen details sind mir gleich aufgefallen. Die Hexen mit dem stab die animation beim kistentragen.
Was noch eine gute idee währe:
Wenn es nicht zu performencelastig ist würde ich die gegner aus dem sand auftauchen lassen.
Eine kleine sandfontäne und der gegner springt hervor.
Sieht bestimmt besser aus als jetzt.

mfg

OTTER

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 10:20

das schöne zuerst: mehr kisten vielfalt und fairer für singelplayer
allerdings hat sich einiges verschlächtert!
Ich muss erhlich sagen die alten holzkisten waren besser, abgesehen vom fallschirm! nun ziemlich bugreich im vergleich zu letzten mal! 3 mal hats gecrasht, gecrasht meint: mein bild ist stehen gebliben hatte keine waffe mehr! mein bildschirm hatte teilweise so noch stellen vom alten camera blickwinkel!
sonst hat sich nicht viel verändert!
EDIT: kann sein das es auch probleme gab weil ich noch med, sed und noch ein paar ordner geöffnet habe
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 11:12

Tut mir einen Gefallen: Ich hab jetzt einmal gespielt, aber ich hasse es, mit AWSD spielen zu müssen. Als Linkshänder plädiere ich für eine freie Tastenwahl.

Ansonsten bin ich begeistert. Das Spiel ist tierisch hässlich, aber das wird sich mit der Zeit bestimmt entwickeln. Multitexture-Terrain bitte. laugh

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 12:27

Also ich finde die Idee mit dem Generator gut. Wenn auch noch die Vögel (Oder die Dinger eben grin ) kommen, wird alles bestimmt noch schwieriger wink

Allerdings werde ich manchmal vom Server geschmissen, mit dem Error: "Fehler in .dll"
Schon komisch. Hatte ich bei 0.6.1 nicht.
Aber echt gutes Game. Hatte schon lange nicht mehr ein gutes Game von Gamestudio wink

mfG
TheShooter

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 13:10

SchokoKeks ma zwei frage: warum sollte man einen Generator beschützen? und kann man noch sterben wenn alle spieler tot sind?
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 13:23

So, hatte gestern nach dem spielen keine zeit mehr, aber jetzt:

Ich hab diese version kürzer als die anderen gespielt. Trotzdem ein paar Sachen die mir aufgefallen sind:
- ich will keine roten kisten. Kannst du den Schaden nicht über ne animierte Textur (Kratzer, Risse, Brüche) machen?
- mir würde wie oben angesprochen das spawnen von Kreaturen an bestimmten Positionen (die sich auch gerne immer mal wieder ändern können) mit Toren/Löchern/Höhlen sehr viel besser gefallen. In einem Gewissen abstand um diese Positionen fallen keine Kisten und man kann keine platzieren.
- Die animationen der Kreaturen... Vor allem die schnellen Teufel nerven mich extrem, wenn die immer die Kisten hochrutschen. Das is nicht gut.

+ Metalkisten! Yeah!
+ Faltschirme sind viel besser.
+ Healthpacks! Is auch cool dass die nach ner Weile wieder verschwinden (oder warn die anderen nur schneller als ich?) So muss man immer mal wieder die Festung verlassen, das is gut.

Mehr Schuss/Einschlag Feedback* wäre schön. Ragdolls? Regionen am Körper in denen ein Treffer mehr Schaden macht? Headshots?
Ich würde hier auch überlegen die Monster mit steigender Stufe nicht einfach stärker zu machen, das nimmt dem Spieler das Gefühl für die Stärke der Waffe und des Monsters. Denk dir was anderes aus. Schneller ist nicht schlecht, aber bitte nicht übertrieben schnell (gelbe Teufel). Ganz geil wären Kletterer, statt diesem komischen springen der Teufel, ala Diablo3:
http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=10843 (am Anfang, nach so 20 sekunden)
Mir ist spritzendes Blut viel weniger wichtig als gute animationen. Wenn ein Monster in den arm getroffen wurde soll dieser arm auch zurückgezogen werden und dann vielleicht sogar schlaff herunterhängen.

*frei erfundener Term. Was ich meine ist das visuelle und audio-feedback dass ein schütze bekommt. Darkinferno hat "Tracers" angesprochen. Das wäre ein Beispiel. Oder Kurzes Stocken, Anhalten, Grunzen der Monster, bevor es weiterschlurft. Oder mehr Kamera-wackeln bei heftigen Waffen. Mehr Bass in den Tönen. Rauch aus den Waffen. Einfach mehr "Wumms".

Ich weiß, das is viel. Aber es würde glaub ich das Spielgefühl echt massiv verbessern. Die Idee ist lustig, die Durchführung bis jetzt bei mir immer solide gelaufen, aber mir fehlt die liebe zum detail noch etwas.

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 13:56

Also ich kann Germanukol nur zustimmen. Mehr Detail wäre nett, aber was du bisher auf die Beine gestellt hast ist super!

Vielleicht wäre es ja möglich anstatt einer Deathanimation einfach die Physic einspringen zu lassen, sodass die Gegner immer anders sterben. Die Kletterer sind auch nicht schlecht. Wenn die dann oben abgeschossen werden, und runterfallen, ist das bestimmt nicht schlecht wink .

Eine Blutlarche wäre auch nicht schlecht wink

Und dass man bei heftigen Waffen auch das Gefühl hat, was heftiges zu habe wink Sprich hochgehendes Fadenkreuz, also dass die komplette Sicht verzuckt wird.

Wäre auch nicht schlecht, wenn Kisten in Einzelteile zerfallen (mit Hilfe von Physic, ODE oder so evt. auch PhysX).

Aber sehr gute Arbeit bisher wink

Weiter so!

mfG
TheShooter

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 15:33

The bugfixing for Version 0.621 is done!

Download: (47 MB)
Rapidshare Download
Netload.in Download

Changes:

• Fixed bug that monsters are unable to destroy crates
  • You now pick up the crate you are looking at (when you stand directly in front of it!)
  • Small Performance fixes and 1280 x 1024 resolution
  • using arrow keys is also possible in addition to WSAD

EDIT: jetzt zu eurem feedback:
Die Rotfärbung der Kisten ist in der Tat nur eine Notlösung. Es wird noch eine Schadenstextur geben, die Zeit war nur mal wieder gegen mich wink

Der Generator wird später noch nutzbar sein, z.b. indem er Blitze auf die Gegner schießt wenn man ihm Öl gibt. Rechnet aber nicht zuu bald damit.
Ein großer Vorteil des Generators ist auch das man wenn man alleine spielt und stirbt das spiel noch nicht vorbei ist. Solange der Generator lebt kann man immer wieder einsteigen!

Dass das Schießen unspektakulär ist weiß ich auch. Eure Vorschläge werde ich mir zu Herzen nehmen. Bei der Grafik hilft mir CD_Saber sehr fleissig!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/08/11 16:13

last man standing...
they're going for the gennie!
The generator was a good idea. Build on it...

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/09/11 00:17

Oh, noch eine Sache. Diese schnellen grauen Viecher (ab Welle 4 oder so?), die sind schneller als man selbst. Kein Thema, aber man muss die irgendwie hören. Schritt/Sprunggeräusche wären super

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/09/11 01:42

Ich wollte dich mal auf was hinweisen. In deinem installationsverzeichnis von Survive befindet sich die "Anet - Key" Datei. Weiß jetzt nicht, ob das schlimm ist, sieht aber für mich so aus.
Oder ist das schon die verpackte Version??

mfG

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/09/11 07:49

Das muss so sein. Die ANet.key muss mitgeliefert werden, aber du kannst sie nur benutzten, wenn sie auch wirklich für deinen namen registriert ist. Passt also.

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/09/11 19:52

Building was so much fun again:

Last man standing:

We made it to wave 27, then I had to go...

Carrying boxes does get repetitive. Something to solve that problem in higher waves would be cool (for example: "air drop" special ability: when you call it and mark an area, 5 boxes will fall from the sky at that position.

Sorry. I know I have way more ideas than you can implement, so you'll have to filter out which ones you wanna do...

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/09/11 20:33

It's a great project, but I'm losing interest in playing it. That's why:

1) The first ~3 rounds are pretty boring. It's not a problem in your game specifically, but in every "Horde" game like CoD: Nazi Zombies or GoW2: Horde. So that's not a big problem.

2) When only some (at least one) enemies are left, you practically have unlimited time to build your base. That's fine when you play the game the first or second time, but it gets way too repetitive and slow soon.
Suggestion: Keep enemies coming for some minutes ("infinite" amount, but limit them to ~100 simultaneously) and stop the spawning after some time. Then you have ~60 seconds to kill the rest and to (re)build your base. The next wave will start then, whether or not all enemies from the previous wave are dead (they don't die with a new wave).
When players just want to build, they should probably try Minecraft instead. Just my opinion.

3) The main part of the game, the shooting, should be improved next, please. It does not feel very good, you need some feedback that you're shooting actually.
Then, the previous weapons get useless when you find a new and better one.
You could limit the ammunition of each weapon (except the chainsaw?) to 2-3 magazines. When ammunition runs out, you need to get back to the weapon box to pick up new rounds.
Some enemies, i.e. the flying Otter-enemies, could only be killed by a special weapon (laser, railgun, ...), so you don't just stay at a single weapon box.

4) The generator needs to have more influence on the gameplay, most people I've played with didn't even know that it exists and that you have to protect it. Then, knowing it, they still did not care at all.

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/09/11 20:58

Ich verliere langsam auch das intresse am spielen weil:
1.vorallendingen weil das bauen so langwidrig ist es ist zwar schön solche riesigen buildings zu bauen aber es ist eindeutig zu langsam und mir fehlt ein Tarrain das nicht nur platt ist. Noch eine Idee es sollte einen art Leader geben, der über den ort der fallenden kisten und den generator besimmen kann und evt. noch mauern aus kisten über nen jed anheuern kann! Er sollte auch eine Taktik anschreiben können wie zb.: "tötet die hexen zuerst" und noch spieler die im nich gehorchen für 3. runden sperren. Es sollte dann alle 10 runden ein neuen Leader gewählt werden!
2.Ich finde, dass das Schießen mehr spaß mit einem größeren heer besser wäre also 20 gegen unmengen zombies und noch besseren waffen, noch stärkeren blut effekten(so das die letzten zombies fast rot eintreffen) waffen die mehr ruckeln und ziehlen. an meinen Waffen wünschen hat sich noch nichts geändert grin
mfg
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/10/11 22:38

@Superku: I feel the same about some points. Here are my plans for the next versions:

Its often annoying that people want to build for so long. I'm going to try out Superkus idea of fixed timers, too see how people react on that. I'd rather have a longer build time, maybe ranging from 30 seconds in the first rounds to 180 seconds in the higher rounds. I'll add sprinting until then so that you can build much faster, and the monsters will take less hits so you loose less crates and can continuously increase your fortress during the rounds.

Still I'll add more build variety, the generator will have a key part:

You'll need to power it by putting an oil crate on top of it. It will then create electricity which can transmitted though metal crates and will power turrets and other gadgets, possibly. The oil crate has to be replaced every now and then because it runs empty. You'll also be able to create traps by using bait-crates which will draw all nearby enemies to them for a limited time. You'll then be able to concentrate your fire or use TNT to get rid of them.
Later, you'll be able to create fire walls by dropping oil on the floor and igniting it, but that won't added to the next version.

I'll see what I can do about the weapons, they'll surely get some shoot trails/tracers soon. In the long run, I'm planning a weapon upgrade system so people will be able to specify themselves for a gun. Together with head-shots this will make the pistols and smaller rifle more attractive because of their accuracy. Limited ammunition is also something I'm aiming for, and I do like Superkus idea, because it doesn't involve buying stuff, which I don't really want to include.

Boss waves are also planned, but might not make it into the next update.

As I said before, I hardly have any time right now until the end of February. The next version will be released in march, hopefully featuring most of the above!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/20/11 13:52

Ist das Projekt tot?

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/20/11 14:21

hast du nicht mitbekommen, das SchokoKeks im Moment keine Zeit hat, daran zu arbeiten??
Wird halt nichts mehr geschrieben

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/20/11 14:26

Achso, habe ich jetzt nicht mitbekommen. Wird das denn in naher Zukunft noch einmal fertiggestellt? 2011? 2012?

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/20/11 14:36

Wie oben (auf Englisch) geschrieben habe ich momentan leider gar keine Zeit, weil ich für wichtige Klausuren lernen muss. Bei der ersten bin ich auch schon durchgefallen... Ich werd erst im März wieder Zeit haben und will Mitte März (2011!) die nächste Version rausbringen.
Da kaum jemand drauf war und um Strom zu sparen ist der Server auf momentan nicht mehr online. Das wird sich mit einer neuer Version natürlich dann ändern!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/28/11 18:04

Passend zum März hab ich wieder Zeit um an Survive! zu arbeiten.

Official Server is online again most of the time!

In ein bis zwei Wochen möchte ich wie versprochen ein Update rausbringen. Ein wenig müsst ihr euch also noch gedulden.

Ich hab überings bei Youtube ein nettes Fan-Video gefunden:
Survive! Lets Play Video

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/28/11 18:10

Hey SchokoKeks ich würde dir für dein Spiel mal eine Seite empfehlen : http://www.uploadstube.de/

Da kannst du dein Spiel(bis 150 Mb ) gratis hochladen und es gibt beim Download keine Wartezeiten und keine Einschränkung.

Bei Bedarf kann die Datei auch wieder gelöscht werden laugh

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/28/11 18:15

Wohuu Survive ist back!!!
Posted By: Wicht

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 02/28/11 18:46

@Schokokeks: Da waren wohl Sachsen am Werk. Hört sich zumindest so an. By the way... ich war's nicht. grin

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/01/11 19:07

ich finds echt schade...
ich würds gerne spielen aber da ist nie jemand on frown
und alleine macht das spiel irgendwie keinen fun! 20:20 Uhr geh ich nochma on... für alle die das auch ma wieder spielen wollen wink

SchokoKeks: Das Thema "Fässer" ist zwar schon abgehakt aber ich fand/find das kistenbau prinzip viel zu einfältig... ich fänd nicht nur Fässer sondern auch andere sachen mit denen man sich barikadieren kann gut wie zb. felsklumpen die von tarrain abbrechen, Bäume(umgekippte), blindgänger bomben(dann sollte es auch functionierende geben), vlt. tote bossgegner (...)
Ich meine damit das man nicht sagen sollte "Das wäre scheiße, das wollen wir nicht" sondern wenigstens mal was ausprobieren sollte!
und wie viele schon sagten fehlt ihnen "die Liebe zum Detail" ich denke sowas kann da schon eindruck schinden (heißt aber nicht, dass das andere sachen ausgleicht wink )
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/01/11 20:33

Fands klasse hab nen neuen rekord von 20000(so gut wie aleine) aufgestellt und bin kein ma gestorben außer am ende und der Generator kam mit in die Hölle.

Mir viel die limitiereung der framerate sofort auf! hier was aus dem manual dazu was du befolgen solltest/kannst:
Originally Posted By: Manual
Jedoch bei Spielen mit fast leeren Leveln und wenig Inhalt wird die Framerate permanent von fps_max begrenzt und führt zu dem berüchtigten Ruckeln.
(...)
Falls Ihr Spiel von Ruckeln geplagt wird, setzen Sie einfach ein paar mehr Details in Ihre Level. So vermeiden Sie eine zu hohe Framerate.
das spiegeld sich haar genau in dem spiel ab soballt gegner kammen war das ruckeln verschwunden laugh

zum Thema medipacks wenn man aleine spielt sind die ausreichend aber mit mehreren wirts problematischer... ich finde bei risiko reichen waffen wie kättensäge sollte man eine höhere chance auf medis bekommen laugh

xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/18/11 23:06

Just wanted to inform you that Survive! is not dead and the next Version is nearing its release!

Here are three brand-new screenshots, make sure you enlarge them to see all the details! Credits for the new incredible assets go to CD_Saber who has helped me so much I can't even thank him enough wink.

This one show the new turret in action

Here you can see the new shader (can be turned off) and the new crate damage texture.

This is the new and awesome menu.

A lot more is coming for this release, including

• Otters harpys! Finally!
  • Limited ammunition, no more continuous fire!
  • Weapon recoil and bullet trail effects!
  • New balancing where all weapons are useful!
  • Sprinting!

Expect the release within 2 to 5 days, there are some bugs to work out yet...

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/19/11 09:30

man kann den neuen Level auf dem unteren Bild nicht so gut erkennen! aber anhand des oberen screen hots kann man wenigtens was über die neuen geschosse lernen laugh
Bin mal gespannt wie die harpyen so sind! Vom nahen sieht der catoon shader toll aus was man vom weiten leider nicht behaupten kann. Bis jetzt kann man sagen: Gute Arbeit!!!
Werden wir in der neachten schon im neuen Level spielen können?
xxxxxxx
Posted By: UnDeaD

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/19/11 09:33

i don´t like the toon shader

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/19/11 10:00

@xxxxxxx:
Das neue Level wird noch nicht spielbar sein. Wir wollen seine Texturen noch anpassen, um besser mit dem Shader zusammenzupassen.

@UnDead:
It's a matter of taste. The artwork isn't optimized for this shader yet, so the seams are a little rough. the shader won't be activated automatically, you can simply play without it. Also note that it looks much better in movement than in these still images.
Posted By: UnDeaD

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/19/11 10:05

Ich selbst hab von shadern kein plan hab aber schon bessere gesehen! habt ihr den selbst geschrieben?

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/19/11 12:14

wo ich den screen mit dem toonshader gesehen hab, hab ich nur irgendwie gedacht: Borderlands grin
Sieht gut aus!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 00:00

Owowowowww Ich freu mich schon drauf!
Das neue Titelbild ist echt klasse geworden.
Bin schon gespannt wie dieser shader in bewegung aussieht.
Am meisten interessiert mich aber natürlich wie du meine "Täubchen" umgesetzt hast.

OTTER

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 13:56

Der Shader sieht in Bewegung noch deutlich besser aus. Wir haben ihn nicht selber gemacht, er ist aus dem Wiki. Deine "Täubchen" sind ziemlich gefährlich, ich musste sie nach balance-tests noch etwas abschwächen. Sie werfen ihre Opfer noch nicht zurück, das muss ich später dann noch einbauen.

Die neue Version wird heute abend gegen 20 Uhr veröffentlicht. Freut euch schonmal drauf wink

The new version will be released tonight at about 8 p.m. german time! Get ready wink

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 14:19

schön zu wissen laugh
es ist auch schön das ich mal erfahre das PM abens ist crazy
PS: Otters Tauben müssen alle sterben, weil ich Tauben grundsätzlich hasse!
Es leben die Enten!!! grin

Huch momentan is meine Version otdated?!? kann aber nur die 0.621 downloaden??? 20:02
heißt das die neue ist bald upgeloded???

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 19:14

Survive Version 0.7 released!

Download mirrors here:
My blog "devlog"

Server is online 24/7 again!

Changes

• Automatic turrets dropped randomly
  • New enemy type: flying harpies
  • Limited ammunition, return to weapon crates to get new ammo
  • More build-time between waves, but waves can no longer be delayed
  • Weapon recoil and bullet trail effects!
  • New balancing, all weapons are now useful!
  • Sprinting!
  • New damage models for crates, new shader (can be turned off in menu)
  • Many detail tweaks

See you online!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 19:24

I can not wait to download
[img:center]http://www.smilie-harvester.de/smiliemaker/dyn_3_84_64_0_-2_0_0_0_0.gif[/img]

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 19:28

??? wieso lädst du es nicht woanders hoch rapidshre spinnt will mir einen acont andrehen usw. ich will spielen und das schlimmte ist jetzt hab ich mir noch einen acont angelegt mad
das gleiche bei uploadstube
ah jetzt gehts bei rapidshare

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 19:30

Download of Version 0.7 is ready now!

@xxxxxx: du brauchst keinen account, ich hatte nur aus versehen einen falschen link stehen lassen. Habe es für alle deutschen user auch bei uploadstube.de hochgeladen, das sollte besser laufen!

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 19:32

hey SchokoKeks bei Uploadstube hast du irgendwas falsch gemacht .

Es geht nur bei dem langsamen Rapidshare frown

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 19:34

I posted the wrong link, sorry for that! Its fixed now.
I'll try to add an automatic update function soon.

Now, I'm waiting for everyone to play!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 21:51

Sehr cool wink Aber kannst du bitte die performance verbessern? Wenn viele Gegner kommen, laggt es sogar auf meinem PC. Vieleicht sind einige Meshes nicht geschlossen. Das gibt bei Stencil Shadows performanceverlust.
Aber sonst, sehr gute Arbeit !!

mfG, und weiter so!

Re: Survive! 0.62 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 22:12

@TheShooter ich habe ihn mehrfach draufhingewisen! ja es sind viele meshes offen und ich kenn keinen der auf max-shadows spielt bei den kisten ist das ein riesen verlust...
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/22/11 23:38

Thank you all for playing, it was lots of fun! Otter definitely made the record! EDIT: Sadly his points are lost, since my graphics card crashed my computer, this never happend before. Guess it was the shader which did that grin .

Thanks to JustSid I now have another download mirror that works without waiting and should be fairly fast!

I made some screenshots and a small video I'm currently uploading to my new IndieDB page, I'll tell you the link once its approved!

EDIT: Here are some screenshots from this round!

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/23/11 01:46

Was für ein tolles Spiel!
Mit den Türmen und den harpyien ist es gleich noch viel lustiger.
Heute waren auch so viele reizende männer bereit sich für mich mit der Kettensäge ins getümmel zu stürzen *schwärm*.

Und so kam ich mir vor als ich meine vögel im spiel sah.

Ihr seit Klasse ihr kettensägenschwingenden viatnam soldaten!
OTTER

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/23/11 09:58

Gute Illustration, Otter wink Hab sie so programmiert das sie Otter am liebsten angreifen grin

Survive! is now in indiedb.com! Click here, watch and rate:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/survive

Also check out this video I uploaded there showing the turrets in action!
http://www.indiedb.com/games/survive/videos/survive-new-automatic-turrets
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/24/11 22:45

Iam playing on MAX SHADOWS grin.
Working fine sofar.

@Schokokeks: The video i promised to make, should be online tomorrow on youtube. i'll send you a link.

Greets
Rackscha

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/24/11 22:54

I really didn't like the toon shader. It's overdone, and if you use a toon shader then you can't just put a shader onto existing models: you also need to simplify the textures a lot. Cause it looks so weird.

Everything else was great, good improvements, love the turrets and of course the harpies.

I really liked how someone (don't remember who) built a hiding place to hide from the harpies. That's what I think this game lives off: It's simple but makes people have to show creativity.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/24/11 22:59

Also, in der neuen Version funktioniert alles Wunderbar. Ich habe im Vollbildmodus auf 1920x1080 und alles auf max immer konstant 60 fps, egal wie viel Viecher kommen. Echt gute Arbeit. Im fenstermodus (alt+enter) bekomme ich konstant 200 fps. Ist irgendwie limitiert.

Sehr gute arbeit wink

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/24/11 23:21

Die Server sind immer noch voll ... heute den ganzen tag schon!
Scheint als hättest du eine große fangemeinschaft aus dem ausland.

Hoffentlich bricht keiner von diesen halbstarken meinen rekord. eek

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 14:05

Ich komm auch nicht rein, gestern das Gleiche(ich habs solange wiederholt bis es geklappt hat)
Was für leute mit nem schnellen internet/pc gut wäre wäre ne art host-funktion wo man selber sever spielt und ein game mit sovielen leuten wie das/der internet/pc aushällt erstellt, dann könnten alle von einer liste dieser spiele auswählen und so währe das problem gelöst...
keine ahnung wie gut der momentane server ist und ob die leistung auch von nem normalen pc aufgebracht werden kann...
xxxxxxx
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 14:44

Great video !

The shader effect seems a bit exagerated laugh caus all models become very dark finnaly !
Perhaps we could tweak the shader with a some sliders on
menu options ?

Anyway, great action and fun it seems to be , i played the very old version, i'll have to test the new one laugh

One idea, why not mixing Minecraft ideas ?
Some ennemies would drop some loot like bonus construction
things like boxes , additionnal turrets, some fake target for
ennemies during some seconds, aerial strike call, nuke strike ?
or medecine or anything else laugh ?
Or perhaps people owuld win some random thing each 10 ennemies
killes , like Mario Kart power ups ?

Keep it up !

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 15:17

lol, since you are in IndieDB I can't play Survive! anymore because the server is always full frown

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 15:26

Would be great if you start multiple servers wink

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 16:33

BUG:
nachdem man "Join online server" gecklickt hat kann man chatten - egal ob es geklappt hat die verbindung aufzunehmen oder nicht das ergibt ne error message wenn man dann bestätigt...
EDIT 20:30
SchokoKeks wo hast du nur spieler organiesiert...
die treiben mich zum wahnsinn, jedenfalls die mitdenen ich grade gespielt habe! Bitte sorg mal dafür das sie mal kapieren das man nicht mit nem generator in der hand durch die gegend springen sollte oder so...

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 20:45

@Rakscha: I'm really curious about the video! The one I uploaded is already outdated, so I really need a video from this version.

I'm not totally happy with the cartoon shader, something will be done about it. CD_Saber has plans to rework the textures.

I really didn't expect this many people to try the game! It got features on two russian sites, so it's mainly russian players currently, which is a problem since we can'T understand them and some of them don't understand english.
There are also "griefers" who are destroying buildings, stealing the generator etc.. For this version, nothing can be done about it. I'm planning to open two servers for the next version. On the second one only english will be allowed as language.

I'm currently working on getting a serverlist into the game as soon as possible, but its a bigger task then I imagined. Everbody will be able to create their own server then, as long as they get the port forwarding right.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 22:16

You can also use the plugin posted by JulzMighty to open ports automatically
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/25/11 22:26

[x] wide area bonjour ftw

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 13:51

@SchokoKeks: do you have any idea in mind of how you'll do the serverlist yet ? i also have a little concern with this ? i think Dark_Samurai released some server list template thing, your using Anet right? was that any help? serverlists get tricky indeed, worse when you have to handle sorting and port forwarding, encryption maybe ? and those little things ...

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 14:10

@ Darkinferno
I´m also interested in this

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 15:44

I'm using Dark_Samurai newest template, its in beta and can be found here:
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=365567&

as you can see in that thread there are still issues with it, but its well documented and makes a perfect base. I'll have to add LAN support, but thats another story.

That templates uses a usual webserver with php and a mysql database backend to store all the server information (ip, port, name, number of players ...) and sends it directly to the clients which can display them in a list. sorting shouldn't be a big problem there, but i'm leaving it out for now.
Servers are sending a message to the webserver every 30 seconds, and if one doesn't do so for 180 seconds it will be deleted from the list.

However, one big problem remains:
There will be server on the list that won't be connectable because their owner didn't do port forwarding. I'm trying to counter this with UPnP for now, but there's a better method which is not included into this serverlist and is a bit more work to implement. Many commercial games like the half-life2 engine based titles are doing it this way:

The masterserver only saves the ip and port of the servers. The client will get a list of those and try to establish connections to them. The servers will answer with their name, number of players and the client can also calculate the ping-time.
If a server isn't connectable, it won't show up in the clients list. When using UDP for this, I'm not sure if this will pass the clients router, but it guess it would.

This is probably the best way, but it's a little more work and I'll go without it for now. For the LAN-mode, I've coded parts of this method already.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 16:29

Uhm... the template from ANet that I have also features LAN. It's pretty straight forward and does pretty much the same thing that the internet template does. At least the way I use it is very similar.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 16:42

Yes, that's the older template you are referring too, its only available for anet professional users. My LAN serverlist is based on it, but I'm adapting it to work with the beta template I posted above.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 19:59

Schokokeks, why not: when setting up a server, a php script runs an checks if the port xy is open, if not, the server does not send its data to the mastersite.

So the check is done locally and if it fails your game "client" server does not send any data to the master. Instead it could display a warning.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 20:18

Quote:
Yes, that's the older template you are referring too, its only available for anet professional users. My LAN serverlist is based on it, but I'm adapting it to work with the beta template I posted above.

My plans are to rewrite the lan template and merge both together to one template. But I hadn't much time since I released the new internet template.
Btw. I've uploaded a new version of the internet template. I think I solved the problems you had.

Also UPnP is already implemented in the new ANet version. But some other features I would like to add are not ready yet and my spare time is currently rare.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/27/11 22:04

Is that Anet version already released? I guess not. I've now included JulzMightys UPnP plugin and it works really good.

My serverlist is nearly finished, I've created my own LAN implementation which is quick-and-dirty but works all right.

EDIT: @Raksha: good idea, going to think about it..

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/28/11 12:25

No it's not released yet. There is still some work I will have to spend on it, but I'm not having much time currently.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 17:26

Ok, I've released version 0.71, get it here:

Survive! 0.71 on my blog
Survive! 0.71 on indiedb.com

I'm not widly shouting out this version because its very very flawed.. the server list (which is the only real new thing) seems to be a mess.. you can try it out if you dare wink

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 18:11

Ok...
Verbugt!
1. Beim starten -> msvcr100.dll ist entweder nicht für die ausführung unter windows vorgesehen oder enthält einen fehler 2x beim start!
2. ich kriege x-millionen random abstürze wenn ich da versuche einen neuen server hinzuzufügen von public zu lan mode wächsel usw.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 18:42

Den 1. Fehler kann man zum glück beheben:
Lösche die msvcr100.dll datei aus dem verzeichnis und installiere das microsoft visual c++ 2010 redist von hier:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84

und dann sag mir, ob der 2. fehler immer noch auftritt.

Manchmal stürtzt das spiel auch beim laden der serverliste ab, ich weiß nicht genau woran das liegt, werds mir mal genauer anschauen.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 18:52

teilweise ist zwar weniger geworden aber er stürtz manchmal beim laden u. beim verlassen eines games...
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 18:57

Benutzt du Windows XP? und vorher bei version 0.71 gab es keine crashes beim laden oder verlassen?
Posted By: Progger

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 18:58

Cool das du jetzt ne Serverliste hast laugh
Bei mir gibt es einen fehler mit den fullscreen
Failed to fullscreenmodus
Malfunction W1527
Failed to switch screen resolution!
MFG Progger laugh

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 19:07

ich benutze windows 7. bei 0.7 gabs keinerlei crashes...
EDIT:werde nochma die augen offen halten(hab nochma gestartet und es ging...)
EDIT2: ahhh
ich habe versucht ein game zuerstellen (hat net geklappt frown ) und danach kriege ich beim eintreten einen absturtz...
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 19:14

Works like a charm on my side...

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 19:15

It also works perfect for me without installing anything (Win7 64-Bit)

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 19:34

It works fine for me on windows 7 64 bit but crashes often on windows xp 32 bit.. the cause might be either the UPnP plugin which needs the 2010 redist or the server list template and the http functions I'm using.

It might take some time to work out whats wrong.. no new features frown

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 19:39

The zip file for UPnP also has msvrc100.dll (or something like that), which can be included as well so you don't need the redist. But Roel reported a while back that that was causing problems on Vista that went away only after he removed the extra dll.

I don't know what's up with that frown

It's great to see how much attention Survive!'s getting on IndieDB! Well done!

Jibb

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 22:19

Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
The zip file for UPnP also has msvrc100.dll

Like Roel said this is a problem on some computers, many many players have to delete that file. Some also have to install the vc++ 2010 redist to get the game to work.

Anyway, is there a way you could link the dll with VC++ 2008 redist? Because thats what Anet needs too and there are very few computers without it. And since i don't have a setup yet, many people would miss installing it the 2010 redist and get upset by the problems.

If thats not possible, I'll have to wait for the next anet version that will include UPnP too.

The crashes at the server-list party seem to be because of malformed server names, going to add security measure to the php script. Also, sever seem to disappear from the list after a few hours, don't know what happens there.

IndieDB is definitely something I can recommend! Many people there trying out the game and posting positive feedback

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/29/11 23:04

Quote:
Anyway, is there a way you could link the dll with VC++ 2008 redist? Because thats what Anet needs too and there are very few computers without it. And since i don't have a setup yet, many people would miss installing it the 2010 redist and get upset by the problems.
I'll see what I can do. It really annoys me that it needs a redist at all.

Jibb

EDIT: This is going to be a hassle and a half. The conversion won't be done in the near future, I'm afraid.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/30/11 16:49

Yay, finally more than one server! laugh
But is there any possibility to use commands in a console when opening an own server? If not, that should be added.

It would be cool, not only for cheating, but to set (or create) different game modes, like try allowing an extraordinarily long time to build the base and then make one heavy infinite wave. Or, on the contrary, make the monstery spawn always and then steadily make them spawn more frequently. Or you could cheat bases to see for once which type of base is the best, or just for fun, so that you can just begin shooting from the beginning.

This way, the private servers would have a big potential to find new varieties of your game that may be are fun to play.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/30/11 17:07

Eine Frage: du meintest irgenwann mal, als ich dich im spiel fragte warum es nicht unendlich spieler sind(da du ja die pro hast), dass du anet benutz und deine Lizenz nur 16 spieler unterstütz (u. das du acht wegen des serves genommen hast), jetzt die Frage warum kann man nur 8 und nicht 16 spieler einstellen wenn man ein game erstellt. man würde ja das problem mit dem server net mehr haben, oder?
oder kannst du das nicht mehr sogut verändern? wäre nicht schlimm wenn es zuviel arbeit machen würde oder so!
aber ich fände es aufjeden fall besser mit 16 spielern die zombies zu vernichten, das wäre eine epische schlacht laugh
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/30/11 18:42

Ich hab noch einen Verbesserungswunsch, SchokoKeks: Jedesmal wenn man eine Waffe nachlädt und dann sprintet bricht das Nachladen der Waffe ab. Warum? Das nervt furchtbar. Wenn Du vermeiden willst, dass man beim Nachladen sprintet, dann verbiete das Sprinten, aber bitte nicht das Nachladen einfach so abbrechen.

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/30/11 19:02

@Lukas:
Currently, there are only 2 commands you can use:
When the server window is active, press k to kick a player and b to temporarily ban a player. You will get a selection of players, pressing the corresponding number key will kick one.
A ban will not be saved on server shutdown, but can not be reverting while the server is running. The player will be identified by his IP address.
I don't want to open a Direct 3D window on the server, maybe I can find other solutions. It's not very high priority currently.

@x^7
Inzwischen habe ich die ANet Professional Lizenz, die auch unendlich viele Spieler ermöglicht.
Das Problem bei mehr Spielern ist der Traffic. Die Eingaben, Bewegungen und Schüsse von jedem Spieler müssen an jeden Spieler gesendet werden, deshalb steigt der Traffic exponentiell.
Für 16 Spieler bräuchte man theoretisch schon ca 70 KByte/s Upload, plus Overhead, der bei den winzigen und vielen Paketen nach meiner Schätzung (@JustSid: Achtung, grobe Schätzung) die reale Trafficbelastung schonmal verdoppeln kann.
Mit einem üblichen ADSL2+-Anschluss wie ich ihn hab habe ich aber praktisch nur 85 KByte/s Upload. Ich selber könnte also eh keinen 16 Spieler Server eröffnen.

Außerdem müsste ich den Monstern dann nochmal wesentlich mehr HP verpassen, sodass man in eine Mumie schon in der ersten Wave ein ganzen Pistolenmagazin pumpen müsste. Mehr Monster sind wegen des hohen Traffics wieder ein Problem.

Schlussfolgerung: Erstmal bleibts bei 8 Spielern, ich werde mal "evaluieren" wie leicht ich den Code auf mehr Spieler umstellen kann.

@Uhrwerk:
Wenn ich nun aber das Sprinten verbiete, beschweren sich die Spieler das sie nicht mehr wegrennen können während sie nachladen..

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/30/11 19:17

Warum muss sich das denn unbedingt ausschliessen? Ich keine keinen Shooter, bei dem man beim Sprinten nicht nachladen oder schiessen darf. Es sei denn Du gehst in die Ecke der militärischem Simulationen, wie Operation Flashpoint etc. So oder so, es erscheint mir absolut nicht sinnig, dass das Sprinten das Nachladen wieder zurücksetzt. Das ist besonders ärgerlich, wenn man denkt, man ist fertig und eine Millisekunde zu früh auf shift drückt. Das merkt man dann oft, wenn man vor dem nächsten Monster steht, langsamer wird und gerne schiessen würde...

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/30/11 20:43

Wie wurde das dann bei anderen online games gemacht... die sollen ja möglichst auch bei schlechtem inet funktionieren!
Naja werd mich wohl damit abfinden müssen...

was ich schonmal sagen wollte:
Was nervt ist das wenn mumien zum schlag ansetzen mann nochsoweit abhauen kann - man kriegt schaden...
das was Uhrwerk sagt stimmt auch(passiert mir öffters - arrg)
xxxxxxx

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 03/30/11 21:42

Bei anderen spielen ist bei über 8 spielern für die meisten home PCs schluss(bzw der inet bandbreite). Bedenke bitte dass wirklich gutes zussamenspiel/gegeneinanderspiel für 8+ spieler bei den meisten anderne games auch einen server voraussetzt wink.

Bei CSS sende ich ca 1-1.5kb daten. das x fache(x = spielerzahl) komtm bei mir an. Rechne mal was son serve runter vollast durch die leitung quetscht wink

Re: Survive! 0.7 Update / online team survival game - 09/08/11 15:55

btw, is the project still living somehow or other?
© 2024 lite-C Forums