2D Tower Defence Game Editor.

Posted By: Emre

2D Tower Defence Game Editor. - 02/05/11 13:50

Hello folks,
i was prepeared 2d tower defence game, many times ago.
You can watch first video of this game when in development, from here

When it completed, it was enjoyable game but it's graphic was awful because i used 2d panel system.

So i deciced that to use "view entites" instead "panels". And i prepared an editor for level designing.
i preapered fake shadow(not completed yet) and weather system, day-night system + per-pixel point light etc...
Although it's not completed yet,looks like good and i wanted to share with you.

There are three videos about editor. You can watch them from here
You can watch from here also.

Enjoy with videos and all comments are welcomed.
Posted By: msmith2468

Re: 2D Tower Defence Game Editor. - 02/06/11 06:25

I looked at your project and it is very nice. i can tell you put a lot of work into it and a lot of programming. as far as 2d tower defence goes this is one of the best i have seen. keep up the good work and finish the project.

my only concern is that the regular person would not appriciate the game. every one is too spoiled with 3d content and would pass by this game at first glance. i do not think it would be hard for you to make the transition to 3d it seems that you have a great outline for the tower defence game. if i were you i would look into makeing it 3d to appeal to a wider audience. the best tower defence game i have ever played is tower madness for the iphone.

anyways i do think you should finish it. althoe it looks about done now really for the most part. good luck and have fun
Posted By: Emre

Re: 2D Tower Defence Game Editor. - 02/06/11 09:05

Thank you for your kindly comment and thanks for the tip about the "tower madness". I've never seen it before. I watched the tower madness video.it's really enjoyable game and good concept.

Also i agree with what you say about 3d. You are right. But it's really 2d project for me. i have many 3d project like a pantharay and i just want to make 2d game with good graphic. That's why i use view entities with ent_createlayer.

I uploaded one of the old videos. You can watch from here .
And i uploaded the old game. I just wanted to share with you. it's is too short but enjoyable. Check your PM. Have fun with it. wink
And thanks again.
© 2024 lite-C Forums