The Gurb

Posted By: Metehan

The Gurb - 02/05/11 23:57

Hi everyone...
I want to introduce you "the gurb". Charismatic badass and vangeful hero.

The gurb have been under development for a some time now.
Programming: Metehan Yasar,
Model Designs: Mustafa Ozcelik,
Music: Fatih Citak,
Voice Actor: Tarik Bir,
Map props and models: Kenan Gunlu

I am sorry i had to scale pictures down.

Concept Images

Screenshots

Loading Game..................................................................................................Starting

Re: The Gurb - 02/05/11 23:59

Enemies..................................................................................................Revenges to Take

Flying Kicks..................................................................................................Alcoholics

Slumbers..................................................................................................Climbers

http://i56.tinypic.com/2w3n76h.jpg
Puzzles

Re: The Gurb - 02/06/11 00:14

Hi,

Looks pretty good gurb. I can see you've been working hard on this for some time. What's the game about?
Posted By: Tharky

Re: The Gurb - 02/06/11 00:29

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
Hi,

Looks pretty good gurb. I can see you've been working hard on this for some time. What's the game about?

Hello there Redeemer,

Yes, we were working hard on this. This game is about a frog type character, goes on a rage and wants to take revenge on his foes. It is going to be a platformer type game long story short laugh

By the way, I am Tarik Bir, the Voice Actor, in the group.
Posted By: Emre

Re: The Gurb - 02/06/11 10:01

Congrats guys! Looks pretty good. Could you give more information about the project?
Keep up the good work btw wink
Posted By: chrisp1

Re: The Gurb - 02/06/11 10:16

I really like it your project.
Posted By: MPQ

Re: The Gurb - 02/06/11 11:54

looks really nice, but there are not many information what the game is about!

The pictures are looking a bit dark and too small^^

it seems that gamestudio has a quite active Turkish communitiy, very nice too
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: The Gurb - 02/06/11 12:20

Yes, you should really overwork the lighting. I like the style, but the dark and lame lighting destroys it. Build in more contrasts. Make it brighter. Add highlights like streetlamps, sun or moonlight, funny and illuminated advertising placats and pillars (you could hide funny enemies in the pillars), lava, water. Apply a glow shader (out of the Gamestudio wiki) on you items. Add some lense flares to the lights. There are many ways to make it look a bit more varying. Don`t use too gaudy colors as they make it look unrealistic.
But the idea is very nice. I`m really looking forward to this. I love oldschool Jump&Runs, especially the childish/cool ones laugh .

Play a bit Bionic Commando Rearmed. Take a look at old games like Bio Menace or Duke Nukem 2. They are all brighter wink
Posted By: Tharky

Re: The Gurb - 02/06/11 13:41

Originally Posted By: Emre
Congrats guys! Looks pretty good. Could you give more information about the project?
Keep up the good work btw wink

Thank you Emre. Well, the information is something we are still working on. We are writing a story right now, and it will reveal everything in your heads in my opinion laugh

Originally Posted By: chrisp1
I really like it your project.

Thank you, sir laugh

Originally Posted By: MPQ
looks really nice, but there are not many information what the game is about!

The pictures are looking a bit dark and too small^^

it seems that gamestudio has a quite active Turkish communitiy, very nice too

Yeah, we couldn't give more information, because of the reason I told Emre above.

We are going to rework the lightnings, MPQ. The pictures aren't this small in actual size. We had to resize them down to fit the forum.

Oh and thanks a lot laugh

Originally Posted By: Rondidon
Yes, you should really overwork the lighting. I like the style, but the dark and lame lighting destroys it. Build in more contrasts. Make it brighter. Add highlights like streetlamps, sun or moonlight, funny and illuminated advertising placats and pillars (you could hide funny enemies in the pillars), lava, water. Apply a glow shader (out of the Gamestudio wiki) on you items. Add some lense flares to the lights. There are many ways to make it look a bit more varying. Don`t use too gaudy colors as they make it look unrealistic.
But the idea is very nice. I`m really looking forward to this. I love oldschool Jump&Runs, especially the childish/cool ones laugh .

Play a bit Bionic Commando Rearmed. Take a look at old games like Bio Menace or Duke Nukem 2. They are all brighter wink

Those are very important things about a platformer game. Yes, we are definately rework the lightnings. And thanks a lot for the tips, Rondidon laugh

We were using free edition until now, so we could only do the coding and graphics for our game. And we finished the AI, melee fights, weapon engines, etc.

Now we are going to work more on graphical stuff, like lightning or shaders.

Thanks a lot for your tips and information.
Posted By: kubiilay

Re: The Gurb - 02/12/11 13:04

mete güzel calisma helal olsun mustafa abide güzel modellemıs dıger herkesde ıyı yapmıs kım varsa heppinize helal olsun ınsallah kazanırsınız
good game grin
Posted By: Myrkling

Re: The Gurb - 02/12/11 13:59

Somewhat reminds me on the Battletoads game series. Do you know it?
I once played the SNES games. They had a two-player mode which was great fun! Do you plan a two-player mode for your game, too?

Keep it up!

Re: The Gurb - 02/12/11 15:32

Thanks for comment Myrkling.
Certainly we think multiplayer option. For now we are trying to finish the demo to Winter 2010 Contest. Certainly we think multiplayer option for later.
Primarily we will get pro version.At next version we will do lots of thing.

Re: The Gurb "Winter 2010 Contest Version" - 02/28/11 16:55

Winter 2010 Contest Version

DOWNLOAD ENGLISH LANGUAGE
http://rapidshare.com/files/450274946/The_Gurb_EN2.rar

DOWNLOAD TURKISH LANGUAGE
http://rapidshare.com/files/450266465/The_Gurb_TR2.rar

Comments and criticism are welcome...
© 2024 lite-C Forums