7castles

Posted By: Anonymous

7castles - 02/14/11 18:01

a small game (started small grows big)...

download wip-demo

(mouse control by "drag&drop" rmb/wheel for camera)
Posted By: xxxxxxx

Re: 7castles - 02/14/11 18:19

it was fun to play! if you make a multiplayer castle it will be great to play!
xxxxxxx
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: 7castles - 02/14/11 18:56

Nice!

I love "Galcon Fusion", this is a neat little remake. The "win a castle" sound lies somewhere between "awesome, it's so funny!" and "oh gosh, someone turn of that annoying sound" grin

The AI is pretty good, well done. Have you heard of the competition they were making with this game? "Program the best AI for Galcon Fusion"?
Posted By: Clemens

Re: 7castles - 02/14/11 20:00

Really good casual game! Don't know Galcon Fusion, so for me it's a new game idea/concept wink

Yes, you should add multiplayer. Even it's maybe not that nice, you can add for that at least keyboard control.

And a possiblity to change the camera position is one more important thing.

Go on, nice project.
Posted By: Blitzblaster1

Re: 7castles - 02/14/11 20:41

A cute little game, i like it!
Posted By: badapple

Re: 7castles - 02/14/11 21:42

very cool , good job!
Posted By: Schubido

Re: 7castles - 02/14/11 21:54

This is funny - tataratataaaaaa!

Re: 7castles - 02/15/11 18:19

I changed the allocation of the ghosts for more strategic gameplay.
Now each player get 7 ghosts per round (bell) shared to all castles.

This way the game get's more suitable and strategic.

Complete new gamplay now - check it out! (same download)
Posted By: msmith2468

Re: 7castles - 02/16/11 00:39

i have played both versions it is a very fun game the second is much more challengeing but also more rewarding. my origional strategy in the first version was to get as many castles as i could in begining and then i would have more guys and i could eaisly outnumber the last couple castles. but in this version it was not that simple and it seemed that as i took over there last castle they would take one of mine. and then i was in the same position again. over all its a fun game and i enjoyed it. good luck with it. perhaps a full screen option? for some reason i like my games full screen.

Re: 7castles - 02/16/11 05:02

Thanx for your reply.
Fullscreen is no problem.
I'm currently play with the gameplay (the second is heavy to win - i know laugh ).

I feel that there will be a new version soon wink...
Posted By: Clemens

Re: 7castles - 02/16/11 15:57

But the strategy explained by msmith2468 does work good in gameplay#2 as well wink

The only difference is that there is a gong when new ghost are "created", instead of a continual/fast rate, isn't it?

Re: 7castles - 02/16/11 17:05

in the first version one ghost where added for each owned castle per timeperiod.
so you loos fast if you loos castles.

in the second version each player gets 7 ghosts per time perion whatever the number of castles.

the third (soon for download) will mix these modes (+5fix +2per castle) - and I add more...

Re: 7castles - 02/16/11 18:16

I think a combination of gameplay is a good idea then u should play with the values to find a good balence.

I did notice something when playing I think it's a glitch but maybe you did it on purpose. You said that when a ghost enters a castle that is occupied by the other team. They fight and have a 50/50 chance to win. However I noticed that even if the ghost attacking the castle wins he is also killed. He should stay and fight the next guy. For example I sent 5 ghosts to an enemy castle. And 5 ghosts were killed as I could see them coming out the top of the castle. But 3 of those ghosts were the enemies. I never saw all five ghosts I sent come out the top of the castle.

I hope u understood that. althoe maybe you want it that way.maybe the ghosts in there own castle should have a slight advantage. Anyways keep up the good work I can't wait to try ur new version

Re: 7castles - 02/16/11 19:11

could be a bug - i'll check this (50:50).

I already included a set of parameters to balance the gameplay.
I also included a dynamic chaning of the ai attack methods (depending on the average and total number of ghosts in the castles.

Re: 7castles - 02/16/11 19:37

Yes this was a bug - poor ghosts lost their spirit for a lousy coder wink .
I fixed it and uploaded the new version (same link).

check it.. (I changed minor settings) laugh

(read 7castles.txt for detailed info)
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: 7castles - 02/17/11 02:28

Originally Posted By: mercuryus
Yes this was a bug - poor ghosts lost their spirit for a lousy coder wink
lol, nice game
simple style though the sounds can get somewhat annoying

und ich gewonnen! grin

Re: 7castles - 02/17/11 04:15

there you go much better. i like the full screen and i can definately tell the bug is fixed. it took me about 10 minuets to win. its comming along nicely.

Re: 7castles - 02/17/11 13:32

part1 works fine.
maybe I'll process it to part2 (more komplex):

Re: 7castles - 02/17/11 16:18

I like it make it happen!!!

Re: 7castles - 04/15/11 08:46

...some changes to this project:

a new model (thanx blattsalat)
you have to like bagpipe music wink

click the image to download:

Re: 7castles - 04/16/11 11:19

i like the new modles laugh it seems harder did you effect the gameplay at all? it could just be me thoe.
© 2024 lite-C Forums