3D Wicked Maze Demo

Posted By: msmith2468

3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/27/11 01:14

This is a small project i am working on. Its a simple maze just find your way to the end. The end is a yellow tile the red tiles are places you have not been and the green tiles are places you have been.

The level is actually created with a updated version of the AUM's Dungeon example where the level is loaded from a simple text file and then built when the game is started. this way you can make your own levels or upload new levels easily. the origional dungeon code was written in C-Script but i have fixed it up to work with Light-C. there are 2 downloads the first is to just play the game (3d Game Studio is not required) the second is to view the code (3d Game Studio is required).

have fun let me know what you think.

http://www.mikeswickedgames.com/Wicked_Maze_Demo.htm

Posted By: Grafton

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/27/11 02:20

I think the links for the maze demo at your site are incorrect, they point to your tic tac toe game.

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/27/11 02:51

Good Catch thanks links should be fixed
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/27/11 13:06

Nice, but please add a waay to tilt the camera, add better collision detection and let me leave the game, I hate if I am forced to stay in there and open up TaskManager wink

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/27/11 13:42

Haha i purposly left out the exit button so that my faïence would play the whole thing. when she gets frustrated she quits the game so if she cant quit the game until she finishes it then she has to play the whole thing. she played last night and it worked well she tried to quit several times but couldent so she finished the game. so now i will add ESC as the quit button.

as for the tilt i felt that with too much camera movement people would eaisly get confused or disoriented. so that is the reason i left out camera tilt. but i will see what i can do.

better collision detection so that you cant see through walls would definately help. it is very confuseing when the player can see blocks they cant get to. ill work on that as well.

thanks for the feed back laugh

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/27/11 15:10

Here is the Update V1.2

Press ESC to quit the game at any time

you can no longer see through the walls

you can move the view sideways up and down laugh

LINK - http://www.mikeswickedgames.com/Wicked_Maze_Demo.htm

same link as above

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/27/11 23:21

I have updated the game to a more complete version.
instead of haveing a single level you can have up to 15. i have created 8 levels the rest you can create. the first level is an in game menu. you can choose to go to level 6 or 11 by clicking on the appropriate boxes then run into the yellow tile.

you can use WASD or the Arrow Keys to move.

two new blocks are the flag block that streches the finish block real high so you can look up and see it helping you find your way. the other block is the speed block which increases the speed of the player. you can also click on any of the blocks to change the back ground color.

let me know what you think. i wont update it again for at least a week or so laugh unless there is some major bug i did not catch.

LINK - http://www.mikeswickedgames.com/Wicked_Maze_Demo.htm
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/28/11 09:14

Nice little game!
Why not place some goodies (coins) on the way or make a packman from this game?

keep it on...
Posted By: ratchet

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/28/11 12:37

Well just my opinion :
It would need some artistic research even if it keep simple.
What's the goal in this game ?
Posted By: Quad

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/28/11 12:46

obviously the goal is to get out of the maze by finding the yellow block...

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/28/11 13:39

Cool !
In the next version why not bringing difficulty in next levels ?
Some simple ideas :
- Ennemies (why not 3D retpr style) !
- A sword gaining power by collecting gems
- Shield (collectable fragments to increase it)
- Bonus Goal like collect all special gems to have a bonus
at the end : more Xp or components to upgrade shield or life.
- Keys like in Doom also ?

So you would have the main goal that is exit the level !
And side quest goals like upgrading the sword and shield !

It could turn FPS why not : Armor and Gun !

Just ideas !
Keep it up laugh !

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/28/11 13:48

Originally Posted By: ratchet
Well just my opinion :
It would need some artistic research even if it keep simple.
What's the goal in this game ?

Ah yes artistic work. Maybe I could improve it a bit but generally my modeling and level design skills are very amature. The most complicated model I have made was the starbase in wicked starbase defense. Also I avoid detailed models and especially animations. If u look at my games none of them focus on graphic and none of them have premade levels. Maybe I need to partner with an artist. But until then don't expect to much as far as graphics.

And quad hit the nail on the head with the goal of the game. laugh

@mercurus - goodies sound like a good idea. I started with the flag and speed blocks. Coins are a good idea and I was also thinking doors or secret passages.

I wAs also thinking of a level generator but I'm not sure where to begin.

Thx for the comments

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/28/11 14:01

@ratchet - thx those are a bunch of great ideas. I'll keep them in mind and see what i can do laugh

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/28/11 14:23

Well for generated level, if you have ot place some
bonus, gems, monsters on some squarred level piece,
it's perhaps better to do it manually ? or make
your simple level editor ?
or simply make the level described in a text file (AUM 53) ?

For design, i mean simple things, for example some colored lines on walls, or retro texture like wall 8 bit texture ?
Or make some 3D things like pipes on some walls, or a 3D Candle
or anything else ? Be inspired by Doom or Castle Wolfenstein ?
OR something more Killer 7 ?

Keep it up !
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/29/11 05:38

@msmith2468

If you like to "win" a source code for generated mazes you can try this (old) game.
Once won you can download the related maze code I'v wrote once a pon a time...

generated maze game

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 03/31/11 02:07

ha very nice maze. i just won finally laugh and then the tiny picture of the code came up and i was starting to think you were crazy there is no way to read that. but i figured it out. nice maze game i enjoyed it. ill give a look at the code and see if i can use it for my game. thx a lot mercuryus!

as far as my 3D wicked maze game goes, i have made some good progress and there are a lot of new goodies. i cant wait for you guys to play it ill upload it this weekend laugh

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 04/05/11 01:52

Well here is the latest version of the game. Wicked 3D Maze V1.3
now with
-Doors
-Keys
-Coins
-Cost Doors
-Reset
-Secret Doors

-Up to 20 levels
-10 premade levels

ESC now brings you to level 1 which is the menu
where there is an exit box that you can click on
to quit the game.

more to come. some ideas include
- Brakeable wall
- TNT
- Enemies
- Lives
- Weapons
- An ultimate Goal with levels that can not be changed. this would of course include an area where you can still play levels you made. that would not alter the overall story/ game.

im open to ideas, Criticism, your own levels, Tips or anything else.
let me know what you think. thx laugh

http://www.mikeswickedgames.com/Wicked_Maze_Demo.htm

Re: 3D Wicked Maze Demo - 04/16/11 05:23

I have made a lot of progress to this game. The structure of the game is now like a game. in the sense that as you progress through the levels it gets harder. once you beat level 5,10,15 you are given a shortcut back to thoes levels in the menu level. you can save and load your progress. i have added some more goodies that i hope you all enjoy. the game levels are now stored in the code and can not be changed. however i have added a special place to create and play your own levels.

I hope you enjoy it please let me know of any bugs and your opinion of the game. thanks laugh

Download Here - http://www.mikeswickedgames.com/Wicked_Maze_Demo.htm

© 2024 lite-C Forums